Create Account

S57 SHL State of the Union

This thread has made my morning and my life better.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

Hi all,

I heard some frustrations in here about the lack of screenshots of box scores, and some people shared they offered it up as a suggestion to have a "box score poster" job for the forums. I asked nour/BW/luke about this and here's what I learned from the convo. Thought it would be helpful for the community at large! Smile

[Image: Screenshot_20210121-105247_Discord.jpg]

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

I wonder what we will talk about next state of the union

01-21-2021, 01:06 PMGrum Wrote: I wonder what we will talk about next state of the union

We should have full integration with Raid Shadow Legends by then

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

01-21-2021, 01:26 PMTommySalami Wrote:
01-21-2021, 01:06 PMGrum Wrote: I wonder what we will talk about next state of the union

We should have full integration with Raid Shadow Legends by then
Sponsored by Squarespace! Click HERE for your free trial!

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 01:35 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

01-21-2021, 09:39 AMztevans Wrote: Do I think Slappy expressed his frustrations in the right way? Not even a little bit.  I think @Avakael summed that up nicely enough, so I won't rehash it.

Is it a laughable, worthy of ridicule point that he thinks the index should be a priority? Not at all. I disagree that we should have waited for a proper index to make the jump to FHM, but I do think progress on that front should definitely be a part of any future "State of the SHL" posts. 

Perhaps the most salient point he made is there do be quite a few people who love to preach tolerance and also love to dunk on people, which sucks.  JUST GET ALONG WITH EACH OTHER YOU NIMWITS.

Couldn't agree more.

Slappy's tone certainly didn't help his case but in a league about fake hockey and that is all about how your player performs in the sim, it is a big issue if there isn't even a way to properly see the results of the games right now. Yes, I know that people are working hard on it but that doesn't change the fact that it's an issue that is worth pointing out and people shouldn't be ridiculed or silenced for doing so. And I also think it's reasonable to criticize that an issue as big as this one wasn't adressed when the engine switch happened or shortly thereafter at the very least, especially since people were already very well aware of the problem back then.

I think the very active but also rather small core of people who consistently follow the live streams on youtube underestimates how easy it is for someone who doesn't regularly watch those streams to feel excluded and lose track of what's happening, and they also underestimate how unattractive it is for lots of people to have to watch hour-long livestreams each day. Don't get me wrong, these live-streams are a great addition to the league and people have been investing a lot of time into them to make them a great experience, but they shouldn't be the only, unavoidable way to follow the game action. If you don't follow the streams you have to rely on other people posting screenshots in your locker room and even then, a lot of teams will only do that for their own games so you don't even have the option to look at the boxscores of games where you weren't involved, which are like 90+ percent of them. Which leads to the issue that I think Birdman has mentioned, how are you even supposed to follow the playoffs, which are supposed to be the most exciting time of the season, if your team happens to not be in them and therefore nobody bothers to post the boxscores from every game in your LR each day?

And yeah just to repeat Zachs last point again...

Quote:Perhaps the most salient point he made is there do be quite a few people who love to preach tolerance and also love to dunk on people, which sucks.

Regarding the actual topic at hand, nice State of the Union and also nice productive discussions on the first few pages about the Milestone and Update Scale systems, which both probably need a rework at this point! Also, I highly encourage the league to be greedier with the markup for the store so that we can make some actual money to help with the running costs of the site from it Wink. I'm sure none of the people who are willing to spend 20 bucks or more on a league-related item would mind if they pay an extra dollar or two that goes directly into financing the site.

There’s a difference between tolerating beliefs or who people are, respecting their humanity, which is the tolerance we preach. Dunking on some dude for being a dick and shitting on people working very hard for free is in a whole different realm. Its not the same

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

01-21-2021, 01:39 PMtrella Wrote: There’s a difference between tolerating beliefs or who people are, respecting their humanity, which is the tolerance we preach. Dunking on some dude for being a dick and shitting on people working very hard for free is in a whole different realm. Its not the same

Can we dunk on @Hallsythough?

01-21-2021, 01:39 PMtrella Wrote: There’s a difference between tolerating beliefs or who people are, respecting their humanity, which is the tolerance we preach. Dunking on some dude for being a dick and shitting on people working very hard for free is in a whole different realm. Its not the same

Call someone out for his choice of words? Sure. Compeletely derail a thread, that up until this point was full of valuable discussion about stuff like milestones or the update scale, with three pages of shitty memes, snide comments and "ok boomer" posts? Not really. "Dunking on people" as you call it to make yourself look cool and progressive is not a virtue, if anything it slows down progress more than it adds to it.

Biden is president for 1 day and the world is already in shambles. Thanks, Liberals.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

01-21-2021, 01:48 PMMuerto Wrote: Biden is president for 1 day and the world is already in shambles. Thanks, Liberals.

Qanon predicted this, now satanic murderous HO will be finally revealed and destroyed

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

01-21-2021, 01:44 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Call someone out for his choice of words? Sure. Compeletely derail a thread, that up until this point was full of valuable discussion about stuff like milestones or the update scale, with three pages of shitty memes, snide comments and "ok boomer" posts? Not really. "Dunking on people" as you call it to make yourself look cool and progressive is not a virtue, if anything it slows down progress more than it adds to it.

People acting mature on a fake hockey website is a little too much to ask for RED Laughing

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

01-21-2021, 01:44 PMgolden_apricot Wrote:

Can we dunk on @Hallsythough?
Of course

01-21-2021, 01:51 PMDuff101 Wrote:
01-21-2021, 01:48 PMMuerto Wrote: Biden is president for 1 day and the world is already in shambles. Thanks, Liberals.

Qanon predicted this, now satanic murderous HO will be finally revealed and destroyed
THIS is Sleepy Joe’s COMMUNIST AMERICA

I miss Sleepy. He was a great Co and friend to me.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]