Create Account

I Want To Hear Your Favorite Album

I have listened to 13 new albums so far, thanks everyone for the suggestions!

If you want to keep submitting albums, I'll add them to the list but cannot guarantee that I'll review them.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

SATURATION III - BROCKHAMPTON

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

"Meta" by Car Bomb

Finnish melancholic metal band, Charon, was ahead of its time as now it would have been the time to produce music like that. Take Oceans for example who is producing modern melancholic metal, Charon would have been a great precessor to great melancholic metal

Without further adieu, Downhearted by Charon remains as one of the favorites to this day. 10 years going strong

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

01-15-2021, 05:56 PMNictox Wrote: 5. Nothing is True & Everything is Possible - Enter Shikari
Genre depends on the song/album, Hardcore/Electronic/Pop/Metal? This is the other band that I have been following since high school. Their music has matured over the years and they have never done 2 albums the same. This is their newest album which is a good starting point in what they are all about. Favorite Track: T.I.N.A.

An absolute banger. T.I.N.A might be in my top 5 all time Enter Shikari Songs.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Welcome back for part 10 of “I Want to Hear Your Favorite Album." All spots are filled for the 50 album list. I have decided to move the reviews to comments in this thread. I will still link the reviews to the main page. With that said, lets get on with the review!

Songs Of Love and Hate by Leonard Cohen

[Image: 220px-Songs_of_love_and_hate.jpg]

Of course I have heard of Leonard Cohen. He is one of the best songwriters of all time. I'm big into folk/Americana music and almost all of those songwriters will tell you Cohen was the real deal. 'Songs of Love and Hate' came out in 1971 and is one of his best works.

Cover Art Rating: 5/10
It's a simple cover. Nothing really to pull you in besides the name on the cover. Fun fact: There is no track listing on the back of this album, just a short poem Cohen wrote called 'They Locked Up A Man'.

Lyric Rating: 10/10
The man is a masterful wordsmith. Reading his lyrics is like reading poetry. Everything fits together nicely and flow really well. He can describe pain to you without telling you what the pain is.

Music Rating: 5/10
The music is pretty standard for folk music. The most unique thing he does is the "chop" style classical guitar he plays. Fun fact: Charlie Daniels plays on this record.

Favorite Song: Avalanche
The first song on this album is reallllllly good. I know some might put Joan of Arc or Famous Blue Raincoat here, but to me Avalanche is the superior one.

Not So Favorite Song: Nope..
I can't say I have a least favorite song on this album. They are all really good.

Overall Nic Score: 7.5/10

I'm a fan of Cohen's writing style and I was very happy to get this suggestion from @rum_ham.

Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]

Welcome back for part 11 of “I Want to Hear Your Favorite Album." All spots are filled for the 50 album list. I have decided to move the reviews to comments in this thread. I will still link the reviews to the main page. With that said, lets get on with the review!

Beautiful People Will Ruin Your Life by The Wombats

[Image: 220px-Beautiful_People_Will_Ruin_Your_Life.jpg]

First time listening to The Wombats. Let's go!

Cover Art Rating: 6/10
It's a neat cover. Not sure I quite understand it, but it's cool.

Lyric Rating: 6/10
Lyrically they are a step above most in this style of music. While they have a lot of straight forward lyrics, they like to twist in some really clever lines to really make the line punch. If that  makes sense?

Music Rating: 6/10
Nothing really groundbreaking on this album, but everything is done right.

Favorite Song: Turn
I really liked this song. Something about the line "They say the best memories are the ones that we forget, Like listening to Drake at your best friend's swimming pool floating anti-clockwise in a red mushroom" really stuck with me.

Not So Favorite Song: I Only Wear Black
I just didn't enjoy this song. Maybe I missed something?

Overall Nic Score: 6/10
Overall this was a very fun listen and I look forward to the other Wombats' album that was suggested to me. Thanks @Urq660 !

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2021, 10:59 AM by Nictox.)

Welcome back for part 12 of “I Want to Hear Your Favorite Album." All spots are filled for the 50 album list. I have decided to move the reviews to comments in this thread. I will still link the reviews to the main page. With that said, lets get on with the review!

Switched On Bach by Wendy Carlos

[Image: 220px-Switched-On_Bach_first_sleeve_%28s...ch%29.jpeg]

Cover Art Rating: 9/10
I love this cover. I read that Carlos did not like this album cover as it mocked Bach. Which is understandable. Also there is a lot of incorrect things with the synth set up, but the aesthetic of it all is cool.

Lyric Rating: 0/10
There are none so....

Music Rating: 8/10
This album was really cool to listen to. I have heard guitar players ranging from classical to metal cover Bach, but I have never heard someone re-imagine Bach in this way. It was a lot of fun to listen to and really modernized classical movements. 

I am doing away with favorites here. This is an album to be listened to from front to back to really get it. There are so many movements that go together it's better

Overall Nic Score: 8/10
The cover art doesn't really make this a better album, so a solid 8 is what I shall rate. @Blastmeaway suggested this one, as well as a couple others, and I thank him for this. It was a cool listen and very inspiring.

****edit: I forgot to mention this was made in 1968, which is insane. ****

[Image: Blink-182_-_Enema_of_the_State_cover.jpg]

Enema of the State - blink-182

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

I'm normally into more heavy music but I think The Silver Scream by Ice Nine Kills is the most complete metal album there is. It's probably the only album I've heard that's perfect from front to back.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Added both to the second list.

Welcome back for part 13 of “I Want to Hear Your Favorite Album." All spots are filled for the 50 album list. I have decided to move the reviews to comments in this thread. I will still link the reviews to the main page. With that said, lets get on with the review!

Palomino by Trampled By Turtles

[Image: 220px-Palomino_%28album%29.jpg]

I have listened to them before, they have a really solid cover of Tom Petty's 'Wildflowers' that is on a playlist of mine somewhere.

Cover Art Rating: 5/10
It's a pretty basic cover art. I do not understand the whole Owl thing though, shouldn't be a turtle or two?

Lyric Rating: 6.5/10
Some pretty good stuff happening here.

Music Rating: 6.5/10
Bluegrass is fun to listen to, even if it is not a traditional style. I had a lot of fun listening to this album's music.

Favorite Song: Wait So Long
The album opener was such a fun listen, I added to one of my playlists already and have enjoyed it each time it has come up.

Not So Favorite Song: Again
It was hard to choose a song I didn't like. So I went with the last one because how dare it end such a great album.

Overall Nic Score: 6.5/10

I liked this album a lot and really dig their stuff. Thanks @ztevans for the suggestion.

01-28-2021, 12:23 PMGCool Wrote: "Meta" by Car Bomb
literally the only cool person in this entire thread

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

02-18-2021, 10:34 AMPremierBromanov Wrote:
01-28-2021, 12:23 PMGCool Wrote: "Meta" by Car Bomb
literally the only cool person in this entire thread

You must not know him

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

01-15-2021, 11:05 PMSlashACM Wrote: Time- ELO

Literally the only cool person on this entire site

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]