Create Account

Scouting 30 SMJHL Prospects
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2021, 10:32 PM by DollaBill.)

**Draft Week 2x Media**

In my final article before the SMJHL draft, I did a little bit of research into my fellow Season 59 prospects. I cover just about every prospect that is currently active and capture user names and the year they joined the site. This is some fine scouting, right here. "You're welcome", SMJHL GMs.  Wink

Karl-Erik-Karl2-Wojtek Kekkonen, RW, @WannabeFinn (2014) – Kekkonen is the projected 1st overall pick because he’s already established himself as having the tallest ceiling of all the Season 59 prospects. The winger from Finland is monstrous, standing at 6-4, 220 pounds. His strength and shot have become so famous that players stick around after practice to watch him fire rockets on net from center ice. 

Sanzhar Molochtovoi, C, @Avakael (2016) – Another impressive physical specimen, Sanzhar looks like he belongs in the NFL draft as a defensive end. Hailing from Baku, the 6’4, 235-pound centerman boasts an accurate shot and a knack for moving the puck. He’s a top-3 pick because he’s been training for several months in North America and surrounded by a team of trainers and coaches with Hall of Fame SHL experience.

Eero Makela, D, @Gifter of Bikes (2011) – Another product from Finland loaded with potential. Makela is puck-mover, but make no mistake, he’s coming to the SHL to mash. For at least a few seasons; however, Makela will be hard-checking and out-muscling opponents in the SMJHL. The team with the biggest need for improving their defense takes Makela off the board.

Sekai Wollker, D, @Gaia Mormont (2013) – The brother of SHL Hall of Famer, Sekai Wollker projects to be one of the first defenseman taken off the board because of his size and pedigree. Another 6’4 skater, Wollker is a puck-mover with the potential to quarterback the powerplay from the point for many seasons. The Icelandic youngster compares to Zdeno Chara in the eyes of many scouts.

Reidar Gronkjaer, C, @Copenhagen (2015) – The best Norwegian prospect of the Season 59 calss, Gronkjaer dominates in the faceoff circle and find ways to get open in the slot. His passing and range could be better, but he is accurate and positions himself off the puck well. His athleticism and potential to play both ways put him firmly in the 1st round.

Dane Von Gucci, D, @gucci (2020) – Von Gucci makes his way to North America from Austria, where he was once suspended for three games for trying to take the ice shirtless. He’s a 6’2 defenseman that can handle and move the puck with ease. He’s also a big fan of being in front of the media. A player to watch for sure.

Cormac Pónaire, LW, @wumaduce (2017) – Pónaire enters the Season 59 class as the shortest prospect, standing at only 5’7. Some scouts say this is actually and advantage, as opposing defenses tend to lose the Irishman in the offensive zone. Surprisingly, Pónaire has an above-average defensive game and loves to play rough.

Ville Kurri, RW, @SlashACM (2018) – Kurri is a Finnish power forward that could anchor an SMJHL team’s 3rd line from day one. He’s physical shot-blocker and hard-nosed checker but isn’t lacking in finesse. Kurri’s agility is above average, and scouts says he’s “sneaky fast”.  Offensively, Kurri is at his best while parked in front of the goalie and seeking deflections.

Angus McFife XVIII, D, @micool132 (2014) – McFife models his game after Shea Weber and for good reason. Much like a young Weber, McFife is excellent in the offensive zone while offering the positioning, hitting, and checking a team would expect from a solid, two-way defenseman.

Robert E. O. Speedwagon, LW, @GoonerBear (2018) – Heard it from a friend who hearing from a friend who heard it from another that this guy isn’t messing around. He takes it on the run baby if that’s the way his team wants it baby….and opponents don’t want him around. To SMJHL GM’s, if you’re under the gun, draft this British winger and take him on the run.

Viktor Zukal, LW, @Esso2264 (2018) – Viktor Zukal comes to the SMJHL draft by way of the Czech Republic. He’s a 6’5, 240-pound nightmare in the offensive end, where he loves to play the puck in front of the cage and lives for the garbage-scrums. He can play both ways and figures to be a penalty kill asset in the SMJHL and SHL for many seasons.

Ethan Bouchard, D, @fever95 (2011) – Ethan Bouchard is never the biggest player on the ice, but the Swede is often the most skilled. He passes well, handles the puck even better, and can play physical despite being only 5’11. Bouchard is feisty on the defensive end, using solid stick checking skills to disrupt the opposing forwards.

Ryuuji Kawashima, C, @Raven (2015) – Standing at 6’4, Ryuuji Kawashima might be the tallest person to ever emerge from Japan. The southpaw centerman made a name for himself across the pond captaining his offenses while playing two-way hockey. He’s a guy to develop on all special team units and should see time on the penalty kill at the start of camp.

Kou Saotome, RW, @Jiggly_333 (2017) – Kou Satome is actually the tallest player to emerge from Japan at 6’11. She’s put the “test tube baby” rumors behind her and enters the SMJHL draft with  an accurate shot and decent puck handling skills. Teams looking for physical dominance in the offensive zone should look no further than this right winger.

Marco Barengrub, C, @gaby (2017) – Barengrub will likely become your favorite player from Estonia…because he’s the only player from Estonia. A southpaw centerman, Barengrub has a well-rounded game and should see ample ice time between the 3rd and 4th lines coming out of training camp.

Fedor Sotakov, LW, @sota (2021) – Fedor Sotakov grew up idolizing and mimicking his game after Alexander Ovechkin. He handles the puck well and finds ways to get open. He has much to improve with the defensive part of his game, but for now, the Russian winger is a speed-skater that is dynamic and very fun to watch on the ice.

Alexis Saint-Michael, RW, @KenitohMenara (2019) – A 6’2 Canadian with a knack for making plays on the wing, Saint-Michael is one of the more intriguing prospects of the class. He’s a physical guy that can play both ways, but some scouts have wondered if he’ll stick around for an entire season. Injuries concerns linger.

Alexsandrs Balcers, D, @Randominoe (2019) – A 6’6 defenseman from Latvia, Aleksandr Balcers brings a hard shot from the blue line and immense powerplay potential. On the defensive end, Balcers is rarely caught out of position and can work the stick like the best of ‘em.

Maxime Allard, C, @iRockstar (2011) – Another Canadian centerman with excellent offensive skills and above-average speed. What makes Allard appealing is his command of the faceoff circle but concerns over his lack of shooting range weigh down his prospectus.

Utyosov Toyesfki, LW, @mdubz (2016) – A 5’10 Russian from Omsk, Toyefski uses solid speed and hand-eye coordination to make plays on both ends of the ice. He’s an improving two-way player with an accurate shot and an above-average ability to get open. He’s an intriguing prospect.

Steven Thomas, LW, @LightningDragon (2019) – A 6’7 Irish winger, Steven Thomas boasts a strong, accurate shot and a physical presence along the boards. He checks very well, but his passing remains the weak point of his game.

Alexi Dmitriev, C, @Kachur (2012) – Another Season 59 prospect with injury concerns that is making some scouts uneasy. Kachur is an agile centerman hailing from Russia and, much like most Russians, he gets open and rarely misses. Should Kachur stick around, he’s poised to thrive. Could be the steal of the class.

Strawberry Sailfish, RW, @Frostbite (2019) – Despite being malnourished as a child, Strawberry Sailfish followed his dreams to the SMJHL draft. At 5’2, 150-pounds, the Austrian will hope his awful reputation goes unnoticed when teams are on the clock. He has a well-rounded game, but many scouts are said to be turned off by his inability to stop being a smart-ass.

Erik Andrews, RW, @frijolhead (2020) – A Czech winger with decent size and excellent puck handling. Andrews is the fastest player in the Season 59 class but concerns over his shot accuracy and range will cause him to slip on draft day.

Janne Virtanen, D, @Deng (2018) – A Finish defenseman that grew up idolizing Olli Jokinen, Janne Virtanen is an offensive threat every time he carries the puck along the blue line. His defense is around average, but scouts believe his SHL potential is high.

Jay Sink, D, @Memento Mori (2020) – Don’t sleep on Jay Sink, the 190-pound, speedy defender from London. Sink is a smooth skater and complete disruptor. He’s also sneaky along the blue line and not afraid to come up and attack the net in the offensive zone.

Shane Duffy Jr., RW, @LB3737 (2021) – A 6’8, 275-pound Irishman, Shane Duffy Jr. is the on-ice equivalent to hitting the pub, slamming a half-dozen pints, and catching fisticuffs on the way home. Duffy does play both ways and is surprisingly reliable in the offensive zone despite his size.

Miguel Hefeweizen, C, @ZootTX (2021) – A 6’2, 205-pound Austrian that is above-average on faceoffs and an even better passer. He has worked on improving his defense in the months leading up to the SMJHL draft. Scouts believe his potential is unlimited as a two-way player.

Jack Micro, RW, @WildfireMicro (2020) – Jack Micro is an American winger hailing from Louisville, KY. He makes great reads in the offensive zone and shows great puck-moving skills. The concern with Mirco is that he’s undisciplined and a locker room liability. The team that takes a chance on him will do so with a very short leash.

Joshua Horsemenzadeh, LW, @Joshua_Horsemenzada (2021) – God help the team that drafts this guy. Many scouts believe he's the reincarnation of a formerly banished player. He’s recently mouthed-off about being better than players who need to play in the SMJHL before seeing the SHL.

**1,926 words**

[Image: 3laFIkp.png]
[Image: X6QJdlt.gif]
Finland  Raptors  pride

I am Angus McFife XVIII and I approve of this message.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I am not Angus McFife XVIII and I approve of this message.

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Nice write up and research! Good luck tomorrow.

Good stuff! Can't believe Jiggly stole my height away

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Often imitated never duplicated, any press is good press. Didnt even talk about my skill set smh the disrespect. You got two options....like it or love it.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2021, 03:40 PM by Fitted2106.)

IVE SEEN ALOT OF DISRESPECT IN MY DAY BUT HORSEMANZADA IS GOING TO BE THE DUDLEY BOYZ OF THE SHL IS ASTOUNISHING. MY MAN CAN SKATE ON TABLES LADDERS OR CHAIRS AND STICK HANDLE THRKUGH A LANDMINE ALIGATOR INFESTED 1 ON 5 RUSH WHILE DRINKING MILK. CATCH ME SIDELINE PIMPIN YALL. AND MY SHOES COST MORE THEN YOUR MOUTH

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Article says Alexis Saint-Michel has scouts worried because he has injury concerns... for a player that has never suffered injury concerns in his career.

Seems odd

01-30-2021, 03:47 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: Article says Alexis Saint-Michel has  scouts worried because he has injury concerns... for a player that has never suffered injury concerns in his career.

Seems odd

Real talk, going through your profile showed you went AWOL from July-Nov 2020. How else would I express a similar concern for your new player?

Finland  Raptors  pride

Buddy Lindell! It's had to sit back while I got a guy hollering my name when I've spent more money on spilt vodka from Russia to the US than you've made your whole career.

01-30-2021, 03:53 PMJoshua_Horsemenzada Wrote: Buddy Lindell! It's had to sit back while I got a guy hollering my name when I've spent more money on spilt vodka from Russia to the US than you've made your whole career.

Only a matter of time before you're headlining this sub-forum

Finland  Raptors  pride
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2021, 04:02 PM by santej29.)

01-30-2021, 02:20 PMsota Wrote: **Draft Week 2x Media**

In my final article before the SMJHL draft, I did a little bit of research into my fellow Season 59 prospects. I cover just about every prospect that is currently active and capture user names and the year they joined the site. This is some fine scouting, right here. "You're welcome", SMJHL GMs.  Wink

Sabbaro missed the cut, sad times.... and all that work at the combine....

01-30-2021, 03:55 PMsota Wrote:
01-30-2021, 03:53 PMJoshua_Horsemenzada Wrote: Buddy Lindell! It's had to sit back while I got a guy hollering my name when I've spent more money on spilt vodka from Russia to the US than you've made your whole career.

Only a matter of time before you're headlining this sub-forum

You haven't seen many ric flair promos have you?

01-30-2021, 04:02 PMJoshua_Horsemenzada Wrote:
01-30-2021, 03:55 PMsota Wrote: Only a matter of time before you're headlining this sub-forum

You haven't seen many ric flair promos have you?

Sure have and you're not him.

Finland  Raptors  pride

Karl-Erik-Karl2-Wojtek seal of approval

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]