Create Account

S58 Championship Week

CW this season
Max TPE    16/16 (16 earned total)
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
While these two teams are no strangers to the Cup finals, we did see some very interesting things this season. Looking back, what do you feel was the most surprising part of the season?
1 - I think that by far the most surprising part of the season has to be the start. Buffalo was just BLEEDING games the entire start. Nobody is really exactly sure what was happening there, but it sure wasn’t pretty. A big part of the season as it went along was Elizabeth Doyle just found her form. Posted the highest number of shutouts of any goalie in the FHM era. We may have thought after the first twenty five percent of the season that maybe it was Buffalo that wasn’t going to make it into the playoffs but they really did find a way. Surprisingly Chicago, the defending Challenge cup champs were the ones that didn’t make it. The great lakes was finally dethroned and even though still an extremely strong division, were outmatched by Texas who really pushed through in the regular season. Its kind of a shame to see these two teams in the finals again, I was really looking forward to a MORE surprising matchup here.
2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Oh no, the head honchos of the league are worried that there aren't enough story lines for the finals! Therefore they're changing the rules for the finals. The home team will get to choose to either a) play the whole game with 6 skaters on the ice at a time or b) be immune from penalties/offsides/icing. Whatever the home team chooses, the visitors get the other perk. Which one are you choosing, given the choice and why?
I am going to take this one pretty literally and apply it directly to FHM. Given the choice, I would take option B, immune from penalties, offsides and icing. Given this level of play, and the high percentage scoring chances on a breakaway, I would suffer that against having six players on the ice. Making sure each of my lines has 1 great goal scorer and have them cherry pick while the other players on the ice do their best to clear the puck up ice. Even with that little lack of Defense, the chance to score a high volume of goals could certainly push my team over the edge here.
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Which players, if any, do you see as locks for the Hall of Fame? As in, if they're career ended today they're in. Anyone on the cusp? Anyone on the right track, but still needs to put up a few more great seasons?
I have to say here that Ace would probably disagree with me. But the career of A. Jobin is basically at an end at this point. He is by far, the only Simulation Hockey league Season 53 draftee that has 100% earned a first ballot Simulation hockey league Hall of fame entry. Everyone is always skeptical about making a goalie. There are the fewest number of spots for this but this guy went ahead and did it anyways. This guy already has a Four Stars and has been the KEY piece in Hamilton’s cup win since he arrived. SO many finals appearances this guy is just a friggin shoe in. There is nothing you can say that would refute this so leave me alone. Just an overall great guy in the league. Makes a statement, Play a good clean game. THis guy lives and breathes the Hamilton Steelhawks. Yeah he’s kinda sorta IA, but ping him on discord and he’s around. That's gotta count for something
5. 5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?
The Poor Texas renegades, number one in the league in this Season 58 of the Simulation hockey league. Out to prove everyone wrong, take down the Great lakes! Unfortunately couldn’t make it past the big bad Hamilton Steelhawks. They did put up a good fight, but came up short in game seven. The league was excited to finally have some fresh blood in the playoffs. These guys lost a total of 11 games (12 if you include OTL) throughout the 66 game regular season. They were firing on all cylinders. The curse of the presidents trophy strike again though and unfortunately they couldn’t pull out a game 7 win over the veteran Hamilton steelhawks.
15 - Milestones 3/3
16. Say something Nice. 3/3
I’m not going to tag people in this because there are too many of you guys, you can find it on your own when I link you.. Jobin/Sparky/Dan. I say this every time we get one of these PT’s but the song stays the same. You guys are true friends Discord, general gaming, all I do is laugh and it really makes each and every day that much more enjoyable. I’ve been here well over a year already and definitely plan on staying even longer. Anton, the best euro i know. Your english is better than most of the natives I know and I enjoy every conversation we have 100%. Definitely an underrated person around the league, as time goes on people will see how large of a presence you really are. Excited to see how your player progresses throughout his career. I’ll do everything I can do to have you stick around here with me. All of you Detroit Falcons. My one true home. My safe space. You all forced me to stay. Day in day out you are the best, most friendly group of people. Tampa Bay Chomps. When I was first traded, it was pretty damn quiet in that Locker room. Trella and Dwight, this locker room is not the same as it was just a few short months ago. MCP definitely played his cards right and you guys are really building something here. Keep up the good work. This last season really proved we are moving in the right direction. Bankers. Thank you for making my job so easy. Your hard work is always appreciated by me and the rest of the league even if you don’t hear anything. Special Events Department, the illuminati, thank you for welcoming me into your crew. I really enjoy being a mini force of change around the league and helping out. Another one of those little unknown jobs, but its a sense of pride when we do something right that people love, even if it takes a lot of work. Lordbolo and Podzilla111, thank you for finally signing up. You helped me at the beginning when I made Zoltan, and now you guys have players of your own.  All in all thank you to everyone in the league for making this a fun place for me to spend my time. Life gets crazy, things get shuffled around, but you guys are always here to have fun. Thank you for bringing this joy.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2021, 09:31 PM by Nerio.)

Code:
While these two teams are no strangers to the Cup finals, we did see some very interesting things this season. Looking back, what do you feel was the most surprising part of the season?
I think a lot of people are going to say how well Toronto did this season and I agree that for most people it was a surprise, but it was something I expected to happen either this season or next. With a solid core of players and backstopped by a legendary goaltender in Carpet, Toronto has been poised to make a splash in the SHL and had a big break out year this season. Both Buffalo and Chicago, perennial playoff teams and recurring finalists, were fighting for their playoff lives going in to the last week of play because of how well Toronto performed this season. They made a deep playoff push too, coming back from a pretty sizeable series deficit only to be bested by Buffalo in game 7 with one of Buffalo's best comebacks in the past decade. Toronto has a bright future and is going to be a team to watch out for next go around.

Code:
Oh no, the head honchos of the league are worried that there aren't enough story lines for the finals! Therefore they're changing the rules for the finals. The home team will get to choose to either a) play the whole game with 6 skaters on the ice at a time or b) be immune from penalties/offsides/icing. Whatever the home team chooses, the visitors get the other perk. Which one are you choosing, given the choice and why?
I would probably go with the no penalties thing (offsides and icing are nice but not the primary point of the perk). 6 Skaters is certainly good but 6 on 5 isn't as good as 5 on 4. That and I feel the capacity for your team to be goons can be crazy good. With being immune to penalties you can go all out with various stuff, like bull rushing the other teams goalies to create open nets for easy goals, not to mention tackling/tripping/hooking/holding anyone on the other team that gets the puck. It would be a terrible game to watch but I feel like that's an advantage any team would benefit from more than having an extra skater.

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?
Definitely Toronto. As mentioned above they've poised themselves to make deep runs for the next several seasons and they demonstrated just how good they are this season by putting Buffalo and Chicago in the hot seat and denying Chicago a playoff spot. They've been kept down in prior seasons by one of the toughest divisions in the SHL but are now near the top of it. They were mere moments away from making the finals until Buffalo rallied back to tie game 7 of their series and win it in overtime. They have a solid skater core and are backed by one of the best goalies in the league. Defense can win championships and I would be that Toronto may demonstrate that one day soon.

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton finished 13 points above Buffalo in the standings this season. What is one thing that Buffalo can do to give themselves a leg up despite this?
b. Hamilton was 3rd in the league in GF this season. Buffalo was 2nd in GA. This begs the age old question: what will win out, a great defense or a great offense? Why?
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. It's all come down to this: game seven overtime. Which four players are you sending out to win the game for you. This is in a fantasy sense, so feel free to mix and match from both teams.
a. Buffalo has an entire season of negative FHM rng on their side that if you believe things all even out over the long run they may cash in on this go around. Most of Buffalo's losses this season were met with them outshooting their opponents by a factor of 2 or 3. And their wins often were them squeaking by on 5% shooting percentages. Perhaps FHM luck will swing the other way for them this time around.
b.
c. Going to go with Buffalo here. I do like the color scheme and logo for Hamilton but I think any points they get there are mostly lost on location. Hamilton kind of sits in the ass crack between Toronto and Buffalo and is generally not recognized as much as those two cities in part because of it. Also there isn't much rhyme or reason to what a Steelhawk actually is, though Buffalo has a nice play on words with their city name with the Stampede.
d. Monkey D Luffy, Michael Scarn, Aaron Wilson, and Steve Harrington as a wildcard. Dick Clapper and Bobby Sharp Honorable mention. Luffy, Scarn, and Wilson have proven time and time again to be reliable and clutch players that can be counted on in those supremely epic and close moments. Harrington is having a breakout playoff performance this season and it seems like anything that touches his stick is golden, so I can't deny him the opportunity to score the golden goal.

Code:
15. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
New this season, Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114645
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): TBD

+3 Milestone TPE

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE
I loved this as a mPT when hotdog did it last season, so I'd like to bring it back as a permanent fixture. After all, we could all use a little positivity every now and then. Say something nice about another member or members, no word limit.
I want to give a shoutout to @Kalakar for continuously upping the quality of the actual content we're all here for and putting in way more time than he's being compensated for on it, as well as being a solid teammate.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2021, 12:44 PM by Jonny Tsunami.)

PBE Affiliation +3

Code:
New this season, Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

15. Milestones +3

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE
I loved this as a mPT when hotdog did it last season, so I'd like to bring it back as a permanent fixture. After all, we could all use a little positivity every now and then. Say something nice about another member or members, no word limit.

16. I would like to thank everyone who makes this engine we call Simulation Hockey League run, everything seems to be running smoothly, and it wouldn't be possible without all of the users that put their time and effort into this game, so thank you! You are valued!

+3

Code:

2. If I am the home team, I am definitely choosing being immune from penalties/offsides/icing. That is the easiest win I will have in my career. I will have 4 enforcer/grinders who just interfere with everyone and have a speedy dangler who can weave through the whole team and just as he's about to shoot, oh hi, we pulled our goalie and put another enforcer in who just wiped out your goalie. We will dominate the game and injure our opponents, with no penalties (literally). This will be a cakewalk and the refs will have to play on a running clock due to how many goals we score in 1 period, let alone 3. We will make the other team forfeit. 

Code:
123 words

+2

Code:
Which players, if any, do you see as locks for the Hall of Fame? As in, if they're career ended today they're in. Anyone on the cusp? Anyone on the right track, but still needs to put up a few more great seasons?

3. If there is a SMJHL Hall of Fame, I believe Jonny Tsunami will have a shot at making it. We have to do better in the playoffs, but I believe with the team we have in the next couple seasons, that we will have a chance to shine. If there is no SMJHL Hall of Fame, then I would assume Michael Scarn has a good at making the Hall of Fame, if he isn't already a lock. This man was top 2 in points the past two seasons. That is really good. Like really really good. I don't know how long he's been in the league, but if he keeps this up, I believe that he will be a lock hall of famer if he keeps up his current pace. As someone who does not really follow the SHL yet, this is the only player that sticks out to me, but I'm sure there are other players that deserve to be in the Hall of Fame already, that I just do not know about. 

Code:
174 words

+3

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If you're sitting at home watching the Finals: What do you plan on doing differently next season to help your team reach the promised land? If you're playing in the Finals: Is there anything different you plan on doing next season to continue your team's success?

4. In my heart, the best team to not make the finals is obviously the Maine Timber. We really had a tough season with a bunch of our saplings graduating from the season before, but we did turn up near the end of the season, and showed that we can compete, and should compete next season. In all honestly, I thought the Texas Renegades were really good this season, and I thought they would be in the finals. They led the league in Points, first in goals for and second in goals against. This is usually a recipe for winning a championship, or at least getting to the finals. Maybe this was a recipe of being in a weaker conference/division, but I still thought they had the talent to make it to the finals, so in my opinion that is the best team not to make the finals this season. Maybe they will make it next season. Time will tell. 

Code:
160 words

+3

Total +16

[Image: TNUT2f6.png]
[Image: rL8frIL.png]
[Image: jOCBbVg.gif]
[Image: 6Hefllo.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2021, 09:01 AM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

I gotta go with the mainstream answer here and say the Toronto North Stars and how well they fared this season despite being put in pretty much the toughest situation imaginable. I imagine a lot of people talking before the start of the season about how unlucky the North Stars were, having to play in an absolutely stacked Division which meant they were likely to miss out on a playoff spot in favor of a much much weaker team from the other Division in the East, because of the messed up playoff system that FHM forces us into. But then things ended up going very differently than everyone expected, with Toronto starting hot and never taking their foot off the gas, almost cruising to the playoff finish and forcing the pre-season favorites of Buffalo and Chicago into an unexpected playoff battle among themselves. Other than that I don't see a lot of surprises this season aside from maybe Baltimore's late season surge that led to an unexpected playoff appearance.

Quote:2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Well as a member of the S43 Draft Class I would argue that a lot of us could fall into that category eventually or already do. Some of us have already retired and started appearing on ballots such as Johannes Leitner, Alex Winters, Aleister Cain, Nicholas Williams, Tig Murphy or Cedric Robinson, but many more are yet to come over the coming years. Players such as Tony Pepperoni and Luke Thomason have shaped the league for years as have the likes of Hippo Passamus, Rex Kirkby and yes, myself as well. I think a lot of us are currently in the "maybe" category if we retired today, so it is now up to us to really make our case over the following years as we fight regression, to show that we still have what it takes to help our teams win championships or put up good individual numbers consistently even if we are deep into our careers.

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If you're sitting at home watching the Finals: What do you plan on doing differently next season to help your team reach the promised land? If you're playing in the Finals: Is there anything different you plan on doing next season to continue your team's success?

Quote:5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

Quote:6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

Quote:7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) or Graphic, 3 TPE
These are two very storied franchises, what is each team's all-time top 3 forwards, top 2 defensemen, and top goalie? Why did you choose them? For graphics people, make a graphic showing both team's starting lineups and some key stats.

Quote:12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton finished 13 points above Buffalo in the standings this season. What is one thing that Buffalo can do to give themselves a leg up despite this?
b. Hamilton was 3rd in the league in GF this season. Buffalo was 2nd in GA. This begs the age old question: what will win out, a great defense or a great offense? Why?
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. It's all come down to this: game seven overtime. Which four players are you sending out to win the game for you. This is in a fantasy sense, so feel free to mix and match from both teams.

a. Well the first thing Buffalo should do is pray to all gods they can find that Elizabeth Doyle puts in another dominant performance as she has done in the regular season and also frequently in previous years. Having Bobby Sharp and Monkey D. Luffy conserve their regular season form would be great as well but I'd expect it to be a lot harder for them to replicate there regular season numbers in the playoffs, because there will be a lot fewer opportunities for them to inflate their numbers against weaker opponents.
b. In the playoffs my money would be on good Defense, especially good goaltending. We have seen it so many times in the past how a goalies form can make all the difference in such a small sample of games and I remember many more goalies carrying their teams to Championships in recent years than any Skater could have.
c. I would put both teams into the good but not great category but give the edge to Hamilton. The Steelhawks just have a super classic design and branding which isn't super flash but just works, which I really like about them, but then when you think about it the name Steelhawks is also kinda stupid so there is that...
d. Ehmm don't I need five players for this, or six even if you count goalies? Or have they started doing the reduced number of Skaters thing in the playoffs as well now? Anyway, I would go with Elizabeth Doyle in goal and, since Adam Barron isn't available, a Defense of Samuel Michaud and Nicholas Owens while also giving strong consideration to Augustus Wang. At Forward I would go with an all Steelhawks line of Theo Morgan, Michael Scarn and Aaron Wilson.

Quote:13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Quote:15. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

+3

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3006740

Quote:16. Written, 3 TPE

Gotta give this one to @Gifter of Bikes of bikes for finally giving in after I hounded him to come back for years. He's the guy who brought me here originally and just a great all-around fella, so it's awesome to see him back and give this a chance even though things have changed a lot!
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 11:26 AM by nyumbayangu.)

4. Whatcha Gonna Do?

First and foremost, my research continues.  When I crashlanded here at earth I knew that I had only a few short decades to learn everything I could about the human species to prepare for the arrival of the rest of my people.  It has been a daunting, but exhilarating task.  I am hopeful that my research will only aid me in understanding more about how to become the perfect SHL player over time.  I have selected another research sample and will be performing an experiment this week on this individual.  I am elated to share my findings shortly with the SHL.  Through that experiment I suspect I will learn a great deal about which of the neural upgrades will be most optimal for my team moving forward.  Further to that, I have ordered several new types of meats from a small human company called Amazon.  I am looking forward to seeing how the baby seal meat, the fried elephant, and giraffe neck, do for me as a post-game protein supplement.
+3TPE

6. IIHF Prediction.

I believe that Team Japan will reign supreme in this year's edition of the IIHF tournament.  I do not think it will be because of any specific players, but rather because of their strict diet of Ramune and Otokoume that they gorge themselves on before every game.  It is surprising that more humans have not caught onto the performance benefits of such things, but I imagine it is only a matter of time before they do and all humans will eat copious amounts of such items.  Aside from that, I believe that Canada will have a let down of a tournament.  Though they are expected to do well most years, this is the year where their obsession with maple syrup will finally cause them gastrointestinal issues that will be too difficult to overcome. Hopefully they can learn from this lesson moving forward and only take goaltenders from Quebec, and not maple syrup.
+3 TPE

12. Quick Bits

Hmm, I find this to be a very strange question as I do not think that having a leg up will really assist Buffalo in becoming a better team in the future, but since the question was asked I will answer.  Probably the best way to get a leg up would be to find another human who will not be missed by friends or family, lure them to a secluded place, and then remove the leg using the best technology available.  After having done so, time will be of the essence, and the leg must then be surgically reattached to one of the Buffalo skater's upper torsos in the most efficient way possible. Good luck with that!

Ah yes, this is a classic question that species of all types have had to research and answer for themselves.  Truthfully, Sardangians have finally answered this question once and for all, and it was fully fleshed out in the void nebulizer battles near Ovum IX.  While the defenders of the planet were able to hold off the attackers for several hundred years, eventually the relentless assault of the Hallaklax clan was too much to overcome and the planet was overrun.  Though this is only a sample size of 1, we have seen this happen in countless other battles throughout our galaxy and it is clear that offense will always eventually overcome defense, given enough time.

I am so glad that we are finally asking questions like this.  It is my understanding that brandings have sort of fell out of style since the days of slavery, but perhaps things are turning around again. This is a topic I am very excited about for sure!  I like the Buffalo branding personally.  I believe that if one is to place the branding right between the eyes of the individual that it will stand out in quite an amazing way and will make it clear to anyone who might want to try and claim a player that they are property of Buffalo, and no one else!

It's always exciting to see great skill on display on the ice when the stakes are high, but everyone loves a great underdog story even more.  I would select Rintarou Okabe, Bork Lazer, Rotticus Scott, and Skao Anazibf as my four players.  The four lowest performing points producers from their teams during the playoffs, as well as an unorthodox combination of two defenders and two forwards, would make for a storybook ending when they win it all.

+4 TPE

15. Milestones
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3008577
+3 TPE

16. Say Something Nice

As I have gone through my second full season as this planet, there have been many humans who have excelled at representing their species.  Today I would like to particularly point out Henrik Lekberg Osterman @Thatguy91 foor his leadership and kindness at the helm of the San Francisco Pride.  It sounds as though he had to lead the Pride through a difficult time of transition but in my limited time with the team he has been nothing but positive and supportive.  While I cannot speak to the quality of his teeth (I have not checked), or his reproductive capabilities (I have not checked), his leadership has been greatly appreciated with the team.  Well done!
+3 TPE

TOTAL: 16 TPE

[Image: TD6O3KW.png]
Signature courtesy of sulovilen.  May his name be exalted in Sardangian lore.

Code:

For me the most surprising part about this season was Toronto’s very sudden success.  Overnight we turned into contenders and that has been an amazing ride.  The team was firing on all cylinders this year and we made the playoffs and got to the semi finals.  I didn’t see this coming and wasn’t expecting to have such an outstanding regular season.  This season saw a lot of the guys step up big and put up great points totals.  Carpy continues to be great in net, which is the least surprising part of this season.  We ended the season second place in the east with 98 points, only behind the Steelhawks who are now in the finals.  We had great seasons from our forwards with four plays scoring 60 points or more and two 70 or more scorers.  One of the 60 point players was Adam Barron, a defenseman.  It was nice to see a lot of depth scoring as well.  The whole team worked well together and it’s only going to get better for the next few seasons.  I can’t wait to see how the next season goes for Toronto.

Code:

It’s really disappointing to be on the outside looking in at the finals this year.  It stings much more than usual because for the first time, Mika was playing for a spot in the finals this year.  I really wish Toronto was going for a cup this season to cap off their incredible year.  Alas, we didn’t get it done against Buffalo and so here we are.  Next season, Mika is going to work even harder to help elevate the team.  He’s in regression but still in the prime of his career.  He’s going to try to continue to improve his offensive numbers, most importantly, getting more goals.  Mika had a very low shooting percentage this season that he’d like to see improved.  On top of just what he can do on the ice, Mika wants to use his veteran leadership to help motivate his team.  This will become important when the team is in a deep playoff run and having a tough series.  He wants his teammates to be able to lean on his experience when the times get tough so that they can all dig deeper and get the win.

Code:

If I’m the home team, I’m choosing to be immune from penalties, offsides and icing for the entire game.  While having 6 players might be nice, being able to trip, hook, slash, board, and crosscheck them at will is too huge an advantage to give up.  It would be so much easier for the home team to defend if they don’t have to worry about penalties.  Not to mention, they could just have one guy plow over the goalie leaving an open net.  There’s nothing 6 skaters can do to stop that onslaught.  Not to mention, they will probably end up taking retaliation penalties giving the home team even more of an advantage.  6 guys playing clean is not as good as 5 guys playing without consequences.

Code:

I’m obviously biased, but I think Toronto was the best team not to make the finals this season.  They were second in the east to only the Steelhawks who are in the finals.  Toronto has an incredible goalie and a team with real top end talent and a lot of depth up and down the lineup.  They are able to be an offensive force and solid defensively.  You might look at the standings and see that Texas had more points, and a better goals for to goals against ratio and think, well obviously Texas is the best team not in it.  No.  Texas didn’t have to play in the Great Lakes division all season.  Toronto played harder competition and still had an amazing season. 

Code:

3tpe milestones

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE

I'd like to take a second to send my appreciation to a couple of my teammates in Toronto real quick.  @ml002 and @Carpy48.  You two were there when I was drafted and the team was in shambles.  You are both still here while the team is now finding success.  You're both troopers and just incredibly nice people to associate with.  I have enjoyed being your teammates and being in the locker room with you throughout the entirety of the Toronto rebuild.  I'm so happy we are finding success now and that the room has grown with so many active members.  You both are awesome and I can't wait to win a cup with you.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

Task 1: +3
I don’t think there were too many MAJOR surprises this past season, but there are definitely some things that I wouldn’t really have predicted at the start of the season. A lot of young teams took big steps this year. For one, I was surprised to see Baltimore make the playoffs, and even take a game from a strong Edmonton team. I was also surprised how much Toronto blew up this season. I think most people were expecting them to continue making strides forward, but I don’t think I expected them to finish ahead of both Buffalo and Chicago will challenging Hamilton for the top spot in the division. From the other conference, LA finishing with a negative record was a little surprising for me. I didn’t expect them to win the division, but I thought they would have a similar finish to last season, or maybe slightly better. Finally, I wasn’t expecting the Pride to take the step they id just yet, they put up a solid season finishing ahead of NOLA by a decent amount.

Task 3: +3
Looking through the league, I think there’s a good number of guys who are probably in or at least right on the cusp. Two 100% guarantees in my eyes though are Tony Pepperoni and Tor Tuck. Pepperoni has put up stellar point totals his whole career and I believe is already the Edmonton franchise leader in points with some gas still in the tank. While Tor Tuck hasn’t quite had the consistency of Pepperoni, he had some high peaks, winning some hardware, and he’s also played a ton of games being the oldest player in the league at this point. I think my next closest guys would be Philipp Winter and Andreas Kvalheim. At this point both guys have the longevity as well as the hardware to get in. As for guys who are right there, I think you could make a case for a handful of guys from each of Buffalo and Hamilton. Players like Scarn, Wilson, Morgan, Luffy, Sharp, etc. Just need a few more years of playing and they are probably there.

Task 4: +3
Unfortunately the Raptors were eliminated in the second round in a tough series against Quebec City that the Raptors managed to force to game 7. The mood in the Raptors LR remained light though, we knew beating QCC was a tall task but we were happy that we brought them to the brink of elimination, and we know that next season we will be back stronger than ever ready to push for the 4 Star Cup. For myself, there will be a lot of training this offseason to prepare for Season 59. With Josh Dolphin 95% likely to go up, Blanchet becomes the teams #1C. There’s a few specific things he will be working on in particular. Things like puckhandling, his shot, his defensive read, and of course his physical attributes as well. In S58 the defensive game rounded out nicely for Blanchet, but in order to lead the team to a championship the Raptors will need more out of Blanchet’s offense game, so he will be working hard at that this offseason.

Task 7: +3
Starting with the Buffalo line up:
F: Viktor Marius
F: Monkey D. Luffy
F: Hippo Passamus
D: Alexis Metzler
D: Charles Walker
G: Cedric Robinson
Up front Marius and Luffy were clear locks. Marius had an outstanding two way career, and Luffy has been a top player in the league for most of his career as well. For the third forward I opted for Passamus due to his longevity with the team as well as his two way play, but you could also easily make a case for Eduard Selich or Bobby Sharp. On D, Metzler was the first name on the team sheet being one of the best defensemen of all time, and I opted for Walker as his partner, but I expect Alex Selich to soon move past him. In goal Robinson was the clear choice, but we’ll have to wait and see how Doyle’s career plays out.

Hamilton:
F: Robert Phelps
F: Joe McKeil
F: Aaron Wilson
D: Ben Dover
D: Tig Murphy
G: Jakob Tanner
For Hamilton, Phelps, McKeil and Dover were easy choices to make the lineup, and Wilson was next in line after that as the next standout. On D I went with Tig Murphy due to his strong defensive presence, but some could also argue for Westbrook (I believe he played defense for the majority of his career?). In goal I opted for Tanner as I believe he is a hall of famer and I don’t believe his teams were generally as stacked as the one’s in front of Kryyst.

Task 15: +3
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3008581

Task 16: +3
There’s all kinds of people around the league that I could talk about, but I’ll single out a few people that I’ve had the pleasure of interacting with a lot recently.

Birdman and Jumbo: You guys have done a great job building a fun, casual environment in Colorado and I’ve loved my time as a Raptor so far. You’re both extremely helpful, friendly, and just plain fun to talk to. I hope we can pull out a championship in the next two seasons, you guys deserve it. @LordBirdman @Jumbobone19

Micool: I knew your name before playing together but didn’t know what a great guy you are. You’re one of the funnest locker room presences I’ve had the pleasure of interacting with. Always active, friendly, and fun to chat with. I’m looking forward to playing out the next couple seasons with you, and have to say I am lowkey hoping you end up in Baltimore. @micool132

Ruggsy: Similar to Micool, you’re always around in the locker room and one of the most dedicated Raptors I’ve seen to this point. Glad to call you captain. @Ruggsy

Mastersheep: I’ve really enjoyed getting to know you the last few months, both via our love of Runescape but also with BAP. I think we mesh well and really enjoy talking with you. I’m glad you stepped up as BAP Co-GM, I think you’re an incredibly smart guy and I’m excited to see what you can do with JR. @mastersheep

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2021, 02:36 PM by Rancidbudgie.)

I think one of the larger surprises this season in the SHL was the changes in the Southwest Division landscape. The Great Lakes was once again a double coinflip to see who undeservedly missed out on the playoffs with 4 competitive teams. The Atlantic was still a far second in the Eastern Conference, but most of the teams there started to improve/mellow out to be relatively competitive with each other, and the Northwest division had a familiar 1-2 punch of good teams in Calgary and Edmonton, with Winnipeg being decent and Minnesota remaining at 4th once more in that division. The Southwest, however, saw the largest changes in my opinion, standings-wise. While the Panthers didn’t change course too much with a bit of a slide back, the Renegades made the huge leap to the top of the league in points, becoming the first non-Great Lakes Division President’s trophy winner since the Wolfpack of S53, and the first Western Conference President’s winner in the FHM Era. San Francisco saw a marked improvement, nearly doubling their regulation wins from 12 to 20, and took Toronto to 7 games in the playoffs. New Orleans had a significant collapse, halving their wins from last season and crashing to the bottom of the league this time around.

While sitting at home and watching the Great Lakes Finals Matchup 2: Electric Boogaloo, I think the San Francisco Pride as a team just need to keep growing as a whole to peak at a competitive window. We have plenty of active players still growing, including a hefty S55 class that made its debut this season, and a pipeline of strong prospects that will bump out some of the remaining IA corpses in another season or two. While I don’t think I’ll be competing for  the Challenge Cup quite as soon as next season, things are overall looking up, and Nicolae Antonescu personally wants to keep up his own performance level as things grow. A 0.920 SV% as a rookie and a 18-19-5 record was a better performance that I had hoped for, and I'm looking to make sure Antonescu doesn’t slump as he gets less shots against as time goes on. He did well for games with 40, 50, or even 60+ shots against, but when those numbers start going down with the defense growing stronger, I’m aiming to still have a high SV%, and not slump back down to more average numbers.

My answer here has to be the Texas Renegades. The President’s Trophy winners bucked the Great Lakes trend, and while the GL division is still fully represented in the finals, the cracks are forming, and the youthful but stacked in TPE Texas is there to muscle in. Perhaps another season of growth from their overall youthful and active squad will push them over the top, but their highly potent offense, solid defense, and great tandem of goaltending was already good enough this season to make the finals, in my opinion. Breaking through that Great Lakes playoff barrier is going to be tough, especially due to the possibility of facing a GL team on either side of the bracket, but for now, The Renegades look like the next best shot to seriously outcompete any of the Great LAkes teams, which is more than just about anyone else can say right now.

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

In the IIHF, change is a bit more of slow burn and slight turnover from season to season compared to the SHL, especially for the nations with larger memberships, so unless the IIHF system is massively overhauled or something truly crazy happens (which is unlikely on both fronts) The same nations with plenty of talent to draw from will be near the top of the heap - Namely Canada and the United States, who I bet will once again be near the top of their groups. Teams with solid high-end activity still riding their respective waves, like Czechia and Great Britain, will also be at the top of the heap. Getting near the middle, with slightly more active players in one of (or both) quality and quantity will fill in the middle spots, like Japan, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, and maybe Norway. More niche teams that have top earners but low depth will suffer as usual, with Austria doing better than most in that boat, followed by teams like Ireland and Finland. Until all of the Petrovs get a couple more years of development, Russia will be near the bottom again, and Latvia simply has the smallest pool of players out of the IIHF nations, and will likely struggle to earn wins because of it.

Starting Goaltenders (40 GP or more)
Wins (W): 28 or more
Loses (L): 28 or more

Overtime Loses (OTLs): 4 or more (5)
Shutouts: 4 or more
Saves: 1835 or more

Save %: 0.916 or higher (0.920)
Goals Against Average (GAA): 3.03 or lower

Total Milestone claim of 2 TPE

16. Written, 3 TPE

I really have to commend what @Thatguy91 and @AgentSmith360 have been doing over at San Francisco. Even in the few seasons I’ve been in the LR, I can see a clear buildup of activity and engagement, a lot of casual conversation, and in general a lot of new ideas being explored that are more often than not paying off. It’s easy for me to see that you guys are putting in work focused on making things better for those in the Pride LR, and I wanted to let you both know it shows, and it’s working.

Other shout outs include @nyumbayangu for his dedication to creativity and imagination, @Capt_Blitzkrieg , @EricNCSU , and @TheSparkyDee for making my player’s time in St. Louis amazing as always, and a throwback thank you to @Jkortesi81for taking a chance on my first player, and showing me the ropes of the SHL.

3+3+2+3+2+3 = 16 total TPE Claimed

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

IFSL PT + 3 TPE

Code:

Milestones Post + 3 TPE

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE

Shoutout to @TheSparkyDee for stepping up as STL Co-GM when I stepped down. He's done an amazing job this season and the future is bright in STL.  Also, for recruiting me into the ISFL, I wish I had joined sooner. It's a lot of fun but I wasn't sure how well I could handle two sim leagues at the same time. The PT pass makes it a little easier actually to do both, so that's nice, and earning money and TPE is pretty "easy" in the ISFL.  Looking forward to seeing what my player can do! +3 TPE

Code:

Clearly, and not just "my team" bias, the rise of Texas and Toronto to the top of the league was probably one of the biggest surprises.  Both of these teams have been rebuilding for a while and were thought to still be several seasons away from dominance.  Yes, neither team made the finals, but I think it's fair to say both teams out-performed expectations this season.  Texas went from 44 wins and a first round playoff sweep exit, to 54 wins, Presidents trophy, first round bye, and then took Hamilton to 7 games in the Semifinals before bowing out. Toronto's rebound has been even more pronounced.  34 wins and no playoffs last season, to 46 wins and 2nd in the Great Lakes.  Toronto also made it to the third round, besting San Francisco and Manhattan before losing to finalist Buffalo.  Both of these teams will be a force to be reckoned with for the next several seasons. (157 words) +3 TPE

Code:

I feel like taking the extra attacker for the whole game is a no-brainer.  Letting the other team be immune from offsides/penalties/icing seems a fair counterpoint.  Basically, it would be like the entire game would be one long penalty kill. Of course if the home team takes a penalty, then things get dicey.  5 on 5 with the other team able to throw the puck down and chase it without being called offsides would present a lot of odd-man rush chances.  I still think it would benefit the home team to have the extra skater.  Even if you gave up a few goals on the PK, you could probably score enough to still win the game.  (118 words) + 2 TPE

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

Elizabeth Doyle is the equaling factor here without a doubt. Currently sitting with the lowest GAA in the playoffs by a fairly large margin. A. Jobin is averaging nearly a goal a game higher in the playoffs, so Hamilton's scorers certainly have their work cut out to overcome the goalie difference. (51 words) + 1 TPE

16/16

[Image: hudson.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2021, 07:28 PM by Kyamprac.)

Code:
Affiliate Claim

+3 ISFL Affiliate

Code:
New this season, Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total

+1 S28 Milestones

Code:

As a rookie in the SHL this season, I felt like there wasn't a lot Sarah Burke could do to contribute to the success of the team overall. While she did put up a few points here and there and supported the team in any way she could, Burke didn't hit a number of this season's milestones and showed a lot of rookie growing pains in the rink. She put up the fewest points of any player on the team and ended the season with one of the lowest game ratings. I can't tell you what the typical average is for a defenseman coming into the big league for the first time, but I can tell you there's a lot of room for improvement. Going forward into next season, it's my hope that Burke can really boost some of her attributes and provide a more meaningful impact on the ice to support the team. Whether it'll be enough to reach the promise land is yet to be determined, but things can really only go up from here as long as she continues to improve alongside her teammates.

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup championship t-shirt for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup t-shirt for the SMJHL is ok as well.) Hey maybe if your design is good enough it'll make it to the merch store!

[Image: oJJTMK2.png]

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

[Image: K9kAglU.png]

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE

I have to give a shoutout to my guys in Winnipeg. My experience in the league since the SHL draft has been an interesting one. While it's fun to joke around a bit about my player being toxic and getting traded a couple of times early on, once in a while I did stop and wonder whether maybe I was doing something wrong - whether it be in the locker room or something with my player build.

Having said all of that, since coming to Winnipeg it finally feels like I have a home in the league. @Muerto, @Geekusoid, @roastpuff, and the @TheSparkyDee in particular welcomed me with open arms and have given me (and other players) several opportunities to have a voice and get more involved in the team, whether it had to do with the recent re-brand or draft preparation. I really appreciate their efforts, and hope to return the favor by continuing to earn well and hopefully get a little more active in the LR going forward.

I can say with confidence my experience in Winnipeg can only get better with these guys at the helm, and also with my incredible friends @enigmatic , @inverted, and @Rev making their way up to the team one day! (you already know you're awesome, I don't need to elaborate much there Smile )

3 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 16/16 TPE

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2021, 03:06 AM by StadiumGambler.)

Code:

Couple surprising things was Toronto finally putting it all together after a long, long rebuild, developing superstars such as Bobby Lane and Ruslan Zaporozhets, creating the resurrection of star forward Mika Kandinsky, who finally had another great season after that one rookie of the year performance, and got a world-class performance from trade acquisition Adam Barron. Toronto also got their usual high-quality goaltending from Harry Carpet, and surged up to a 98 point campaign, taking 2nd in the super-tough Great Lakes Division and making it all the way tot he semifinals. Unfortunately they lost the semifinal matchup against Buffalo, but there are signs that they may further upset the pecking order next year.

The other surprise was the late-season surge by the Winnipeg Aurora. Winnipeg stumbled out of the gate thanks to the traditional early season brutal road trip, but rebounded to leapfrog Minnesota and Seattle in a tense stretch drive. Unfortunately, a heroic effort from Strom Chamberlain was not enough, and Winnipeg washed out in the first round to Buffalo.

---

Code:

I'd like to think Tony Pepperoni would be an HoF lock. Won a Cup as co-GM, likeable guy, I think he won at least one scoring title, and he'll have a fairly long career no doubt. Luke Thomason could get in via user reputation, but there were some seasons where his on-ice production was sorta lost to the RNG ether, as Manhattan has been a weird bubble team for quite a while, good enough to make playoffs in a good position, but not strong enough to regularly threaten Hamilton and Buffalo.

A lot of the Hamilton guys who were around for all the Cups are probably in it for Hall of Fame consideration, as a number of them have won individual awards as well, and were part of an influential and ongoing dynasty. Ditto a couple Buffalo guys like Monkey D. Luffy. Cassius Darrow's also achieved a lot in the league and won two Cups, so he could warrant Hall of Fame consideration.

---

Code:

From the looks of things, the Kelowna Knights got fuckin robbed. Led by top junior talents like Kynwyl Pearce, Vlastislav Malik, and powerplay quarterback Robert Feltersnatch, Kelowna burst to a 109 point season, and led their conference by a considerable margin. Goaltender Damien Vertigo was so well protected, he led the league with a 1.88 GAA and an eye-popping 11 shutouts, one of the best basic stats seasons the SMJHL has ever seen for goaltending.

Unfortunately, Kelowna got seeded against the number 2 team in the league, Quebec City, for the semifinals, instead of them just meeting in the Cup finals, and Kelowna lost before making it to the finals they really deserved to be a part of.

---

Code:

a) Hope for a great performance from Elizabeth Doyle. Talent-wise, Doyle's the better goaltender, and always seems to be at or near the top of the save percentage lists every year, while A Jobin struggles in some games where the Hamilton defense gets breached. Buffalo can work from behind in terms of shots on goal advantage, as long as Doyle keeps bailing them out with big saves in the crucial moment, that is where Buffalo can win this Cup.

c) Buffalo's branding isn't THAT great, but I feel like Hamilton's is sorta destined to be boring cause of the name. I really don't like the general colour scheme of Hamilton that much. Perhaps the branding could be improved by making the eagle more intense and shifting to a more grey-oriented theme, but until then I'll take Buffalo's branding.

---

Code:

4 Milestones from this post: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3006566

---

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE

I can say nice things about Kez and Geekusoid for taking over management roles here, and providing the team with a bit more stability after my unmitigated disaster of a GM tenure in Seasons 50 and 51. Thanks to these two I don't have to worry about doing inordinate amounts of stuff, and can just concentrate on being the best Nick Brain I can be.

I can also say nice things about LarksTongue, forever underrated, forever a quiet presence, but a good guy, for keeping Commander Shepard around on Winnipeg through some tough times. Shepard's been the perfect lieutenant and complement to my boy Nick Brain over the years, and maybe someday as we get older we'll have the support around us to give us that silver Cup.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

Code:
The most surprising part of this season was definitely Chicago missing the playoffs, it was really just a matter of time before Toronto got good enough to take the spot of one of the 3 big guys in the great lakes division, but even with that in mind it was not long ago that people kept saying the North Stars were stuck in a position to never make the playoffs. I guess they proved people wrong this season and made it in. I wonder if they can make an impact next season or if they even make it back in. Four of the best teams in the same division definitely leads to some issues with this playoff format, and I suspect people on the 4th team are pretty upset about it. I expect another close fought battle next season between the great lakes division teams and I wouldn't be shocked to see one of them in the finals again.

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup championship t-shirt for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup t-shirt for the SMJHL is ok as well.) Hey maybe if your design is good enough it'll make it to the merch store!
[Image: V2iXsN4.png]

Code:
11. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S58 season (on or off the ice)
- S58 playoff round-up
- S58 Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup finals Breakdown
- S59 predictions

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AlY6-gc...sp=sharing

Code:
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3007277

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE
@luketd has helped me so much with coding work despite not really doing a ton of the actual coding himself I've found him to be extremely helpful just to chat with or bounce ideas off of, he really has a great head on his shoulders and I am very thankful that he's a part of this league.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 10:12 PM by Rev.)

ISFL affiliate +3 TPE (pls note the different name, I am reverendoreily/richard leaking over there)

15, Milestones, +3 TPE

4. Written, 3 TPE
I think there are a few things David S. Pumpkins could have done to contribute a little bit more to the Anchorage Armada's repeat championship push than he ended up contributing at the end of the day. Some of these things are pretty straight forward and surface level - for example, when interviewed, one of his teammates claimed he had not seen Pumpkins at the team gym in over a month. Another teammate claims Pumpkins, when he did show up for practice, regularly messed around by strapping sticks of butter to his feet and using them as skates, or chasing teammates around in the team zamboni. While Pumpkins clearly contributed the perfect amount last season, as evidenced by his very pointy four star cup, he evidently took a decent sized step back in the "helping the team out and not being a worthless trophy sponge" department. What can I say? Pumpkins should be applying himself more, and some might even say he should be ashamed of himself. That's going a little far in my opinion, but one thing is sure - if Pumpkins is to help the Armada attend three championships in a row, he will have to do better.
[198 words]

13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
In my own personal opinion, it is hard to name an MVP of the championship cup series considering how many players on both sides played so well, but if I had to nominate one player for series MVP, I think I would have to choose A Jobin, the goal tender of the Hamilton Steelhawks. Jobin saved 93 percent of shots that went in his direction, which, while I don't know a whole lot about hockey, even I know that's damn impressive. Hamilton seems to have relied heavily on their defense to bring them this championship, and what's more defensive than a goalie? Defensemen probably, but that's beside the point. Jobin played awesome this series, and he's the MVP no doubt in my eyes.
[123 words]

16. 16. Written, 3 TPE
@Gwdjohnson is the best GM a young simulation hockey pumpkin could ask for and I was super lucky to be drafted by him.
Shoutout to all of my ISFL pals from the Otters, Birddogs, and even those other stinky teams. Sim leagues are made so much better by the wonderful people that make up the communities, and you guys are the wonderfulest.
Another shoutout to the SHL pals I've made via Anchorage, Winnipeg, and now ROH. I don't spend as much time in SHL locker rooms as I'd like to (sorry Kya), but I do be lurkin, and you guys are a pretty consistent source of joy, or at the very least, entertainment.
One final shoutout to anyone reading this! I hope you're having a lovely day and the weather is to your liking.

[Image: kBkNrmu.png]
Armada Aurora
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2021, 06:42 PM by Seymour.)

2. This is an easy peasy question – the home team should take the immune from penalties. Sure the other team will have an extra player the whole game but what stops you from taking all their sticks and throwing them over the glass. How can they play without sticks? You can not be penalized for it since you are immune. So now they have no sticks – what do you do next? You tackle the goalie and keep them pinned like it is a WWE match. Goaltender interference? Never heard of it. How many goals do you want to win by? 15? 16? Say less because you can score when you want and how much you want.

[115 words]

5. This is has to be the Kelowna Knights for the SMJHL. Not many teams can go over 100+ points, lose only 10 games in regulation and not make the finals. They doubled the amount of goals against that they had by scoring an insane amount of goals. 252 to be exact. The closest team that can match this is the Quebec City Citadelles and they made it to the finals. I think it is time to make a sacrifice to the sim gods. I expect them to come back hungrier and more prepared to make another solid run to the finals. May the odds be ever in their favour.
[109 words]

6. What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?
This is an obvious homer pick, but I believe that Team Canada Red roster will reign supreme this tournament. You might be thinking to yourself, isn’t Bean on the team? That is probably why Seymour is picking the red roster to win. If you are thinking than shame on you because you are right. How am I supposed to go against my own team? The Official Bean of Canada finally made the team – I can not go against the team even if I wanted. Plus now we have a sneaky Russian on our team? What else more do I need to say? With Slavakov making the team after the Russians made a mistake, the great Mertin Broduer in net and the great Maxime Allard going down the middle of the ice, There is no other team to pick to win. This whole roster is going to produce and possibly could be the best Canada roster to ever be put together. But I am biased.

8. [Image: ofaI0wf.png]
[163 words]

16. Even though I just made a shirt that goes against who I am praising – I think Gabe deserves a recognition. He has been a solid presence in the Anchorage locker-room and a great GM to all of his players. This shredded warehouse man deserves the acknowledgement of the work he has done and probably will do in the future. Thanks Gabe!

Extra
ISFL PT

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

16/16

I think the most surprising part of the season was where San Francisco finished. Everyone in the league thought they would be a dumpster fire. It was assumed they'd be the worst in the league, that they'd rival Tampa's 0-50 season a few years ago. Well they looked at themselves in the mirror and said, "No, we aren't going to be a laughing stock." They came out and did the best they could, fighting every game. They had the heart, the desire. They played every game as if it was a playoff game. Did they win a majority of the games? No, but they won enough to not be last in the league. Which wasn't hard, considering New Orleans decided they were going to be the league's speedbag this season. Truly embarrassing to be an entire 20 points off from the next team, at some point you'd feel sad for the Specter fans. Life moves on, there is still many more seasons of hockey to be played.

The choice is obvious, you play without penalties, offsides, and icing. You feel pressured in your own zone? Slash the shit out of the other team then dump it. Need space in front of the net? Slew foot or pitch fork the defending player. Or the best part, fight the other team. You can freely jump them, and if they try to fight back they'll get penalized. So you either take them out of the play for the time you're fighting them, or take them out for five minutes because they wanted to protect themselves or teammates. You could even just bulldoze the goalie and have an open net to shoot at.

What does Justin Keahi plan on doing next season to reach the finals? Simple, win hockey games. It is impossible to make it to the finals if you don't win hockey games. If you lose every game, you quite simply are not making it to the finals. What else is he going to do? Train his dick off. On the ice every day, in the gym every other day. Boxing lessons every weekend. What ever needs to be improved, is going to be improved. He wants his game to be completely different come next season, he wants to be better than everyone else on the ice, even the referees. The only thing that he won't improve is his faceoff ability. He claims it is a useless skill, that as winger he has no need for learning faceoffs. Leave that shit to centers and defensemen, wingers are here to play hockey not win faceoffs night after night after week after week after month after month.

The best SHL team to not make the Challenge Cup Finals this season? Easy, the New Orleans Specters. A few seasons ago they were on top of the world, dummying teams every night. Sure they had a miss-step this season, but who doesn't accidently have a season where your win percentage is .197. I mean, 19.7% of games won in a season isn't that bad if you think about it. Anyways, they probably are the best team to not make the finals purely based on the fact that Lyle Odelein III had 60 takeaways during the season. Think about that, he was able to steal the puck away from the other team a total of 60 times during the season. Only one other player this season was able to do it more times than Lyle.

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

What's my prediction for the IIHF tournament this season? Considering I don't pay any attention to that, I'd say Switzerland are the standout favorites right now. They have some really good chocolate, so obviously they are going to win the whole thing. Second place will be Germany, because they have beer and meaty hotdogs. So that's a plus they have those really funny outfits that they wear during October, so clearly they are going to get second. For a player that won't do well in the tournament, I'd say Justin Keahi. He has yet to commit to any IIHF nation, opting to stay a free agent if you will. Each season, nation leaders try to coerce him into transferring to their nation, but no nation has success so far. However, there have been rumours that he and his agent have discussed finally deciding on a nation and finally competing in the IIHF, but there have been no solid sources to this rumour so far.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3008525

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page