Create Account

S58 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 07:29 AM by bk1689.)

16/16

Code:
2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Oh no, the head honchos of the league are worried that there aren't enough story lines for the finals! Therefore they're changing the rules for the finals. The home team will get to choose to either a) play the whole game with 6 skaters on the ice at a time or b) be immune from penalties/offsides/icing. Whatever the home team chooses, the visitors get the other perk. Which one are you choosing, given the choice and why?

I think this one is a no brainer. If you don't pick being immune from penalties, offsides, icing etc then I think you're putting yourself at a huge disadvantage. Yes you are allowing the other team one extra player, but who cares. Rules literally don't apply to you. Need to get that puck that's being protected well by the opposition? A nice 2 hander across the back of the head should get that puck quick. Want an easy goal? Have someone down in the other teams end pull the goalie out of the net while you come down and score on an empty net. The possibilities are endless when you don't have to follow the rules.

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

Completely biased opinion incoming to the surprise of no one. I think that my team, the Calgary Dragons are the best team to not be in the finals. We are a consistent playoff team, but once the post season starts, we seem to lose some of our swagger and come out of the gates cold. We have been at or near the top of our conference for many season but just can't seem to shake the playoff jitters we seem to have every season. This season we had high hopes in the locker room coming into playoffs only to have our dreams crushed very early on.

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton finished 13 points above Buffalo in the standings this season. What is one thing that Buffalo can do to give themselves a leg up despite this?
b. Hamilton was 3rd in the league in GF this season. Buffalo was 2nd in GA. This begs the age old question: what will win out, a great defense or a great offense? Why?
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. It's all come down to this: game seven overtime. Which four players are you sending out to win the game for you. This is in a fantasy sense, so feel free to mix and match from both teams.

A. Buffalo will need to test sim the hell out of this series if they want to have any hope of coming out the winner. Hamilton is extremely strong as a team, so the coaches of Buffalo will have to put in some work to find some tactics that give them a leg up on the Steelhawks.

B. While I tend to believe a good defense is whats gonna get you to the promise land. I think Hamiltons offense is just to much for the Stampede and will over power them. The offensive juggernaut of the Steelhawks will come out on top of the shutdown Stampede in this series.

C. This is a tough one. Gun to my head and I have to pick one. I'm going with the Buffalo Stampede branding. The location of both teams is not ideal, but Buffalo's colour scheme is what wins me over here. I like the green and yellow look. Plus the name is a nice touch as well.

D. I'm going with a 3 forward, 1 defender for this overtime. From Buffalo we have, Bobby Sharp, Monkey D. Luffy and Alexander Selich. Hamilton gives us Michael Scarn. This is a powerhouse of an extra time lineup and would instill fear into their opponents any time they stepped on the ice as a unit.

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

For MVP of the series, it has to go to Mochael Scarn, I think. 6 goals, 17 assists was good for 23 points during their playoff run. Good for 2nd on his team behind Aaron Wilson. But he was more then an offensive powerhouse. The opposition had to have their head on a swivel anytime he stepped on the ice as his 58 hits shows he was no stranger to get physical. His 25 shot blocks show that he wasn't afraid to put his body on the line either and step in front of a puck. Scarn could do no wrong, no matter what end of the ice he was in.

Code:
15. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
New this season, Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114645
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): TBD

S58 Milestones

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE
I loved this as a mPT when hotdog did it last season, so I'd like to bring it back as a permanent fixture. After all, we could all use a little positivity every now and then. Say something nice about another member or members, no word limit.

For this, I have to go with my recently retired GM @Steelhead77 , aka Esa. This man is an absolute legend on the site and in Dragons history. He was a huge part of the reason for Calgarys success over the last 30 some seasons and leaves behind a legacy that will be hard to match.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 08:38 AM by juke.)

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

While these two teams are no strangers to the Cup finals, we did see some very interesting things this season. Looking back, what do you feel was the most surprising part of the season?

The biggest surprises for me this season, not to repeat what I’m sure has been a common answer, is to see just how far some of the recently rebuilding teams have come, specifically Texas and Toronto. For the latter, I suspected that they would be an incredibly competitive team and give the other great lakes teams a run for that last playoff spot, but I didn’t think 3rd in the entire league would be their ceiling this season. Not to mention being 20 seconds away from beating Buffalo in the ‘conference finals’ and landing a spot in the Challenge Cup, but it just goes to show how well their rebuild and recent moves have paid off, and they should surely continue to be a force for the next few seasons. Texas is in the same boat; I didn’t predict them to take home the president’s trophy. Many will partially dismiss their level success as a product of playing the weaker western conference, but that’s no fault of their own and they took care of the business that was handed to them. A smaller surprise to me also was to see SFP finish ahead of NOL, because the Pride started the season off dead last in forward and defenseman TPE, but they did a great job of building lines and tactics with what they had.

+3 TPE

Quote:6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I can’t speak for all the IIHF teams, but I’m hopeful for the Finnish team this IIHF. I know we’ll still be nowhere near anyone’s favorites list, but for the first time in the 15 months I’ve been on the site, the team has no SMJHL capped players on the IIHF roster. Which is a huge difference from me playing at 300 TPE after my rookie season against 2K players. The future is definitely bright for us, especially with the WJC team winning gold last season, but the current roster is nothing to dismiss either. The forward group - led by Kekkonen, Fitted, and Kubinec all in the mid to high 1700s – averages 1305 TPE. The defensive group headlined by Leppanen comes in a little worse at 1265 TPE, however an outstanding goalie tandem of Carpy and Goodman can hopefully overcome some of the defensive liabilities. We’re certainly not the best team out there, but it’s an exciting team for Finland, as well as an exciting future. We finished 5th in our group last IIHF despite accidentally having a few players playing out of position, so I don’t think it’s crazy to wonder if this is the season we sneak into the medal round.

+3 TPE

Quote:13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)

Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

For me, finals MVP comes down to two Steelhawks players: Aaron Wilson or A Jobin. Wilson did everything on the ice for HAM. A balanced 5 goals and 6 helpers (which led all players in the finals for both categories) for 11 points in 5 games. He had just under a 55 CF% and was on the ice for an estimated 3x as many goals for as goals against in the series. He also added 12 hits and a 3:1 takeaway to giveaway ratio. So not only was he the leading scorer, but his two way game stepped up to the plate in the finals. However, Jobin makes possibly even a stronger case. An absurd 165/177 on the series for a .932, he was truly a brick wall. And when you get into the semantics of most valuable player, I think you may have to give it to him. Goalie TPE was pretty much the biggest gap between the two teams in the finals, and the area in which BUF had an advantage over HAM the most. But Jobin completely negated that advantage and played like a 2K TPE goalie.

+2 TPE

Quote:14. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!

Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.

Relative matchup stats (per game) between the two teams from the finals. Despite equal SOG and shot attempts, HAM had significantly better scoring in the finals off the back of a .93% and special teams.

[Image: unknown.png]
+3 TPE
Quote:15. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

New this season, Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3006574

+2 TPE

Quote:16. Written, 3 TPE

I loved this as a mPT when hotdog did it last season, so I'd like to bring it back as a permanent fixture. After all, we could all use a little positivity every now and then. Say something nice about another member or members, no word limit.

Can't start one of these without leading off with @Nhamlet. Thanks for carrying me and making me look good, and doing everything while I just shitpost in the locker room (#1 on the leaderboard tho btw)

@JNH and @SDCore I've said it a billion times but I wouldn't have gotten as into this league as I did if I was drafted anywhere else. The NL locker room was an amazing and welcoming place when I was first drafted, and only continued to grow since I've joined, and having that LR culture already established made the GM transition smooth and painless.

A huge shoutout to all our rookies to just got drafted last night. @visceralpotamus, @GoonerBear, @"Minnesotafine", @grimreaper, @Randominoe, @Alyxander, @RenoJacksonHS, @santej29. You guys have worked so hard this season to earn and improve your player, and put up with countless pings, reminders, links, and information that Ham and I have thrown your way. It's also a sense of pride as a J GM to see every single one of your rookies get drafted, especially when we have so many. While I know you guys are all gonna tear it up in the SHL, I'm excited to see what we can do with this core in the next few seasons.

On a similar note, @lmao deserves a mention here after getting drafted last night. It was a huge bummer, and undeserved, that you didn't get drafted last season. But I have to say it's been great to see it not get you down, and you just continued to work hard and be a great guy in the LR instead of letting it get to you, or stop earning on your player. 

As always, there's literally too many people to mention. But @bdu754 is by far the most universally liked and wholesome person in our LR. You've been a great captain and friend, and while we're sad to see go, we're excited to see Podcalzone tear up the SHL. That being said, you can't leave the LR and if I miss out on even a single 'good morning zerkers' I will never emotionally recover. 

+ 3 TPE

16/16 TPE

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 02:14 PM by Fantobens.)

1. 3 tpe

My favorite thing from this season, mostly because I’m a homer, is the Texas renegades winning the presidents trophy. Most would have assumed it would go to someone in the Great Lakes, but alas it did not. Granted I think most of the renegades losses came from the Great Lakes division, I’m not going to check because I’m in a hurry but I’m pretty sure it’s true. No one said championship week had to be true.
Anyway, I think it’s pretty surprising how good Texas was. I would assume most people would have picked them to win the division. Texas exceeded those expectations and then some. what makes it batter for the renegades is this is only the beginning of their max TPE window. Most of the team is still 2 or 3 seasons from regression. The present is bright and the future is brighter for the Texas renegades. Maybe we can change some stuff...you know like maybe not having the #1 team play #2 in the semi finals....I guess that is a topic for a different championship week....

3. 3 tpe

Is his is a no brainer. Andreas Kvalheim deserves to be in the hall of fame right now. Forget about retiring. The Dar trophy needs to be renamed. I would strive to be the player Kvalheim is if I was a forward. My player isn’t, so all I can do is strive to be as chill as ray is away from the league. Well, as far as discord is away from the league.
But I present this to you. Imagine someone else winning three consecutive dars. You would never hear the end of it. But not from this guy. You only hear it from everyone around him. Those season he was winning awards he was carrying a franchise on his back. Literally and figuratively. Not only do awards and accolades come with prestige as well as pressure. But so does having that C stitched on your sweater. He has done it all with class and dignity. And I applaud him for it.

5. 2 tpe

Have you figured out my theme? The Texas renegades are the best team not to make the finals. They won the presidents trophy. So they had the most points. Also the semifinal series against the Hamilton steelhawks went to seven games. Which factually makes them the best team to not make the finals . If anyone says a diffferent team, they are stating an opinion and their statement would be “taken with a grain of salt” because it is in fact not a fact making it untrue. Making that persons option on this subject null and void. This seasons Texas renegades may in fact be the best team EVER to not make the finals. Again another thing I’m not going to look up...

6. 3 tpe

My prediction for IIHF this season is pain. First I’ll start with a bright spot. I’m playing this season. I didn’t get to last season. It was my choice so don’t take that as being a shot at Swede management because it isn’t. There was too many defensemen so I said I would sit out rather than have to worry about swapping players in and out. But this season I’m on the team. That is where the pain starts.
I love this team. This is my second player in Sweden. I transferred my first player there due to the log jam that was The US team at the time. What a great decision it was. I’ve won a WJC gold and an IIHF gold here. Not to mention the people on the team are great. But I always pick us to win. And we have once. So my tpe takes a slight hit every season. I won’t stop though. I picked us again. Gold here we come!

15. 2 tpe

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3006863

16. 3 tpe

Say something. Nice about some one. We have done this a couple times like you said and I always end up saying the same shit. So here we go again. I’m not trying to be a dick. I like gassing up peoples egos.

My season 43 brothers. @notorioustig @Mayuu @grok @mcgriddleluver I pretty much like everyone on this site for one reason or another but you know how it goes, your first is always special. And you guys were my first and I thank you for that.

@Waters @TheWoZy @JSS @karey @WannabeFinn this is the group I had to look up to. So it’s their fault. Sorry. Thank you guys for getting me going. Along with @Pris who I don’t think is here anymore but she’s still appreciated.

@Jepox @Noble @MCP_ @Jenny @sköldpaddor @Evans there’s more cudas but I’m in a hurry. We almost had one. And I get reminded about it constantly.

@puolivalmiste @RedCapeDiver thanks for keeping me around. And the rest of the renes. I’m excited to be part of one of the best teams in the league.

And the current falcons, @Mr. Finland @Halkohol @Esso2264 @Leppish and the guys that hang around, @Rangerjase @Jobin @Mediocre_Fred @TheSparkyDee @leviadan @Mutedfaith @roastpuff @reid you make the locker room a frat place to just hang out and bill shit. I know I forgot people. It wouldn’t let me tag dankoa for some reason. But it wouldn’t be shl if everything worked right...

Oh and I almost forgot.....

ROH 4 LIFE! @Geekusoid @trella @Blastmeaway @slothfacekilla @JKortesi81 @Toivo @caltroit_red_flames @W19eaver @TheDangaZone @TheSparkyDee @Jobin @Rangerjase I’m not looking for everyone. So......

WHATCHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!

[Image: Fantobens.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 09:34 AM by DELIRIVM.)

1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
While these two teams are no strangers to the Cup finals, we did see some very interesting things this season. Looking back, what do you feel was the most surprising part of the season?

Honestly, the most surprising part of the season was the playoff race in the Atlantic. Baltimore getting hot down the stretch and stealing a spot out from under the nose of the Tampa Bay Barracuda and New England Wolfpack was just fun hockey all around. Being able to see the growth of young teams and the players on those teams is such an exciting part of hockey. While we see teams like Hamilton and Buffalo continue domination, it’s more exciting to see what teams might actually be the Hamilton’s and Buffalo’s of the next 10 seasons. Baltimore and Tampa Bay definitely have that chance. Both are loaded with young talent. Going to be exciting to see what happens moving forward. While the playoff spot these teams were fighting for was not really a well-earned spot (as the Atlantic was extremely weak), it was still a super fun ride and will be expanded on next season. 

[155 Words]

3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Which players, if any, do you see as locks for the Hall of Fame? As in, if they're career ended today they're in. Anyone on the cusp? Anyone on the right track, but still needs to put up a few more great seasons?

Nat Emerson. He’s hugely underrated as a player. His stats for blocked shots alone are out of this world. He’s one of the best ever to lace up defensively and put up huge numbers while playing for a terrible Baltimore team. He also has a cup to his name. Usually one of the biggest problems for Hall of Fame voters is that the player needs to have a cup. Nat has won with Baltimore in the S40s. The problem for the voters would take points away for not a lot of personal awards. But the problem there is that he’s been snubbed way too many times for awards like the Bojo. As for a few more seasons? Luca Del Veccio. One of the best goalies in the league, putting up huge numbers on a bad team. He will start getting more and more wins as the Platoon grow further. Give it 8 more seasons and he’ll be one of the best to ever do it and follow in the footsteps of the great Beaujeaux Biscuit. 

[175 Words]

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

Czechia is going to have one last hurrah at this point. A lot of the big names are coming to an end with their time on the team. The team still has a lot of firepower and could easily return to form and steal the Gold from teams that might be more poised to take it home. I think that leaning heavily on Michael Scarn will benefit them. I expect Scarn to put up great numbers as he’ll be getting so many chances to score. He’s already one of the best players in the SHL. He can distance himself and show that he is the best player in the IIHF as well. I also expect both of the UK and Ireland to continue doing very well. But the team that should be considered the best of the best is Canada. Always so many talented players on the Canadian squad. Not many other teams can boast a roster as good as they have from top to bottom. Either way, it’s going to be an interesting IIHF. 

[175 Words]

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Hamilton finished 13 points above Buffalo in the standings this season. What is one thing that Buffalo can do to give themselves a leg up despite this?

Honestly it’s going to be hard for Buffalo to contend with Hamilton. They just don’t have the firepower that the Steelhawks boast. The most important thing for the Buffalo Stampede to do is to lean on their defense and their goaltending. They have to slow down the fast and agile Hamilton forwards, and rely on Doyle to stop the barrage of shots from the extremely active Hamilton blueline. 

[68 Words]

b. Hamilton was 3rd in the league in GF this season. Buffalo was 2nd in GA. This begs the age old question: what will win out, a great defense or a great offense? Why?

As I spoke to above, Buffalo needs to lean on their defensive prowess. Despite their great defensive numbers and extremely talented goaltending, I believe that Hamilton’s offense is going to be hard to stop. They are always shooting, always screening, and always pressuring. Just like in football when a defense has to continually be on the field, the Buffalo defense is going to tire and be crushed. 

[67 Words]

c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.

Buffalo Stampede. I have always hated the stunted beak of the Steelhawk. I honestly have no clue what a Steelhawk is as well. Their colors are alright but I, again, like what Buffalo is doing more. The logo just pop, has great style, and it’s very old school. I like old school sports logos. While I am not a huge fan of either team in general. Buffalo has great branding and they should be proud of it. 

[77 Words]

d. It's all come down to this: game seven overtime. Which four players are you sending out to win the game for you. This is in a fantasy sense, so feel free to mix and match from both teams.

You need a strong goaltender. So I would start with Elizabeth Doyle. She’s shown she’s one of the top goaltenders in the SHL and has the fortitude to win you any game. After that I would choose Monkey D. Luffy. One of the premier offensive players in the league, he brings a compete level and scoring touch unlike others. Elijah Jones and Michael Scarn would be my choices from Hamilton. They are both extremely talented. I might even go as far to say that Scarn, in my opinion is the best player in the league. 

[95 Words]

16. Written, 3 TPE

I’m coming off my first season playing top line in Baltimore. I didn’t even know if I would get to that spot at all in my career. Without the guidance of some of the guys on Baltimore, I don’t know if I would even be active. So I just want to shout out the guys on my team.

@JR95 and @Zoone16 Again, from the bottom of my sim hockey league heart. Thank you for taking the chance on bringing me into the team. I'm really lucky to be part of Baltimore. You guys are class acts and I couldn't imagine being part of another team. You're both great friends.
@mastersheep Thank you for always keeping me on task, reminding me of things to do, and helping me with my build. You're one hell of an SHL person, but even more importantly, you're one hell of a person in general. Glad to be in a locker room with you.
@suavemente Dude, of all the people on BAP, I feel like I get you and you get me more than anyone else. Maybe Zoone is in this category as well. But you're just a fun, laid back, and great dude. 
@Jumbobone19and @trashae my brothers, my friends, my rivals, and my teammates. All of those things in one. What a draft S55 was and will continue to be. Love ya guys.
The rest of my Baltimore teammates, I could list you all. I love this locker room and wish I didn't seem like a crazy person to list you all and just rant and rave about how cool you all are. Just, wow. 
And a special shoutout to @caltroit_red_flames. I've been starting my programming career, and without your help this last week I'd have been lost. You're a nice guy with a good heart, just seeing how you talk in Czechia has shown that. I'm glad to be in that LR. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 09:39 AM by Fitted2106.)

L

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 09:47 AM by Nictox.)

Tampa Bay was the best team not to make the playoffs. A young hotshot team full of really good people. I see them as contenders this season, or at least hopefuls. With their veterans putting up big numbers and the youth growing strongly, this team is going to be really good, really quick. Do not be surprised when you see their names in the finals. While they couldn’t get all the wins they wanted this season, they have been improving rapidly each and every season since that dreaded 0-50 season. Think about that, 0-50 in S54, now they are 26-38-2. Not only that, but they are having players put up PPG numbers and pluses. They are the best team to not make the playoffs because they have the most heart and will to be better every single game. (138)

I’m a homer, so I’m obviously going to say Czechia. Czechia is bestia. For real though, Cal and Blast made a family in the Czechia locker room. It is one of the most enjoyable locker rooms I have ever been in. Not only have they built a great room, they have filled the team up with some really great people. I really have high expectations out of this Czechia group, I believe they can finish top 2 in their group this season and make a solid run in the tournament. Czechia last season should have gone farther than they did, but could not get it together in the medal rounds. Scoring no goals hurt, but I believe this season Czechia will only be better. Sure, they have aging players, sure they have a lack of depth scoring, but they have heart. One of the best teams put together for IIHF and I will die on that hill. (157)

a. It honestly doesn’t matter. Hamilton already won…. Hamilton has been known to be a great regular season team that can either drop the ball in the playoffs or take all the way. This was the season of them taking it all the way. Buffalo still has a good team, but relies too heavily on their goalie to win games.

b. Defense will always win games. You need to have someone scoring goals, but if you can’t shut chances down before the puck reaches the goalie, you’re not doing your job. Sure, you can take games away by scoring a bunch of goals, but what happens when the goalie is better? What happens when the defense is on you? You’re not getting far without solid defense.

c. Hamilton’s branding is bland, but it is straightforward and to the point. I really don’t like Buffalo’s colors. I do not think you can change my mind on that at all. Green and yellow is puke. So while the Steelhawks are bland, they take the win for me due to not being puke colors.

To be honest, I don’t really care to name an MVP. I think the SHL had a really good chance to see a unique finals in, I don’t know how many seasons, and it didn’t happen. Not saying the teams didn’t deserve to be there, but it was very stale to me. If I had to pick an MVP just to get credit for this, it would be Aaron Wilson. He put up impressive numbers while maintaining a positive plus/minus. Not only that, he was on the cup winning team and was one of the biggest impact players in the finals. (102)

15. 3 Milestones

This is probably the easiest one to do, besides milestones. There are a lot of great people on this site and a lot I consider friends. Let’s start off with the cool dudes in the one and only Nug. The gang has a lot of members now but the core group is still there and doing well. There are way too many of these guys to tag in this post, so @Nug should be good enough. Then we’re going to move onto the Specters I have become close with. Again, way too many to tag in a post but shout out to some of the greatest people I have ever enjoyed a locker room with. Now I’ll start naming names and really getting to this question. Lets start off with the legend himself, @JKortesi81 . Joe has been with me from the very beginning. To my roots in STL to me being his co in NOLA. I look forward to every draft day where we somehow manage to pull off some pretty cool things. Doom is going to be a great addition to this team and I’m excited for him to play. @SlashACM my favorite site member who probably gets more shit than he deserves. Slash has been around from the beginning and there are not many instances where our players do not play together. I enjoy that very much. (229)

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 11:13 AM by iamslm22.)

slm's CW

Milestone + 1 https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3011683

16. Written, 3 TPE

I'm going to say something nice about hotdog - he's the only reason I'm still in SHL - and he's an awesome GM who runs a fun LR. Dude is the best.

Code:
Which players, if any, do you see as locks for the Hall of Fame? As in, if they're career ended today they're in. Anyone on the cusp? Anyone on the right track, but still needs to put up a few more great seasons?

The player I am going to talk about is Michael Scarn - I mean obviously he is a great player who is always in the run for awards and he has had a long and storied career - but even beyond just being that he has an amazing story (plus his user is great) but like the user doesn't matter and the stats don't matter so much what matters is that Michael Scarn was just a regular old spy who really didn't know too much about hockey at all - but what happened is he was trained by the greatest trainer of them all Cherokoee Jack. You See good old CJ was an old man when he met Michael Scarn but Scarn didn't know hockey at all so CJ taught him to sweep the ice and taught him hockey Mr. Miyagi style and a player with THAT kind of story is a no doubter for the Hall of Fame given how good he was. 164

that's 7 TPE so far.

4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If you're sitting at home watching the Finals: What do you plan on doing differently next season to help your team reach the promised land? If you're playing in the Finals: Is there anything different you plan on doing next season to continue your team's success?

OK so there are a lot of things that I plan on doing differently to wind up in the playoffs and in the finals and going to make the team more successful. The first thing I am going to do is follow Rihanna's advice. I'm going to work work work work work work (get it? If you don't get this please stop grading and google Rihanna and listen to her, she's amazing). Anyway I am going to work super hard and going to get in the weight room and work hard and practice a ton on the ice and going to work on a lot of things. I am going to work on my skating, and I am going to work on my shooting and I am going to work on my passing and I am going to work on my puck handling and I am going to work on my checking and defense and everything. That's going to be my plan to dominate. 164

Obviously the most surprising part of the season was the play of the surprising youngster on the Atlanta Inferno Stan Q Next. Aren't you surprised that Stan Q Next was so good? I mean look at the numbers for Stan Q Next - he's a super star. In 66 games played Stan Q Next scored 11 goals. Stan Q Next also was an assist machine racking up 23. You know what else was good about the season that Stan Q Next had 46 hits - I mean for a young player who is such low TPE Stan Q Next had a real solid 2 way season and that was surprising. Sure Stan Q Next had a minus 12 which I mean is not what you want, but what else can you expect from a young player on the 4th line of a mediocre team - that being said it was over all a good season which clearly in and of itself a surprise and that the young player with minimal TPE. 171

13 TPE - only 3 left.

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

When you think of a dynasty in the SHL what is the first thing that comes to mind? If you think of an SHL player or a team or anything like that you are wrong. If you think of something in the SMJHL like a team or a player or a GM. The number 1 answer is obviously Ireland. Ireland dominated like no team ever has before. When I was on that team (for almost every single title I think) we were fucking awesome. Iam Essellemm dominated and scored a ton for the team and we won medal after medal (all of them Gold pretty much). Anyways that is a long way around to get to the prediction to THIS years IIHF which is obviously Ireland. This is the year that Ireland returns to glory lead by Dominican Stan Q Next and who would not want the Dominican to do well and the Irish to do well - that is whats going to happen. 164

+16 TPE
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 12:10 PM by Buster.)

Code:

To me, the most interesting storyline coming out of this season was the beginning of the SHL changing of the seasons. For a long time, the SHL was dominated by teams such as Chicago and New Orleans. I mean, Hamilton, Buffalo and Calgary are still on top but overall the cracks are starting to show. Teams such as Toronto, Baltimore, Seattle and San Francisco are starting to establish themselves as future powerhouses. Even further to that is teams like Tampa are finally starting to turn the corner. How long will it take for them to fully take over? Maybe a few more seasons. Hamilton, Buffalo and Manhattan seem to have strong programs with plans for current stars to be replaced by younger players. So the reality is as though teams reload, the new crop will take over and dominate the SHL for seasons to come. It is a nice change of pace for a league that typically seems the same faces on top.

Code:
163 words

Code:
Oh no, the head honchos of the league are worried that there aren't enough story lines for the finals! Therefore they're changing the rules for the finals. The home team will get to choose to either a) play the whole game with 6 skaters on the ice at a time or b) be immune from penalties/offsides/icing. Whatever the home team chooses, the visitors get the other perk. Which one are you choosing, given the choice and why?

If I was the home team and I had a choice between 6 players on the ice or the rules not applying, I would choose 6 players. The reasoning for me is simple. If we have 6 players on the ice, we would always be in a powerplay situation. If we got a penalty, we would only be in a 5 on 5 situation. It would take us going down 2 for the other team to have a man advantage. Being able to always have the extra man would be a giant boost to me. I think in such a case, it would be a massive win.

Code:
108 words

Code:
If you're sitting at home watching the Finals: What do you plan on doing differently next season to help your team reach the promised land? If you're playing in the Finals: Is there anything different you plan on doing next season to continue your team's success?

Honestly in only a few words, what I will absolutely do different to help the Rage next season is to actually unbank and apply my TPE. I horded my TPE and kept saying that I would unbank tomorrow all season and now I'm sitting with my full regression banked. But overall, I'm hoping that Cleary has a hotter start to help the team get on an early run. We started pretty badly and played catchup most of the season. If Cleary can come out, play strong at the start of the season and help us get early wins, we should be able to lock up the division early and save more of our energy for the playoffs. Same thing with the playoffs though. I'm hoping Cleary can come out of the gate strong in the first round of the playoffs we play in. Cleary is our number one defensemen and if he shows up, everyone else can fall into their roles a bit more.

Code:
164 words

Code:
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

I think the best team to not make the finals in the SHL were the Toronto North Stars. Honestly the team is a deadly combination of young and stacked. A player like goaltender Harry Carpet has been good for years and he finally has a team to help him in front. Adam Barron should win the Stevens this season and could be in contention for the Richan. Bobby Lane is eventually going to win a scoring title and an MVP. Great team all around and will be in the future. This is a team that could have absolutely stood beside Buffalo or Hamilton and gave them a run for their money.

Code:
111 words

Code:

Milestone Claim

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE

First I would like to shoutout @juke  for taking my bullying and being really cool about it. I would also like to shoutout both @JayWhy and @Toast for being good friends and mentioning me. Love you all friends.

16/16

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 09:06 PM by Rich.)

Code:
I think this season really showed that what I am doing as a player, and what Toronto is doing as a team is really working. I think it would be a mistake to go into the offseason and just think we should keep doing what we’re doing. There are always areas to improve. The biggest area where I see the need for improvement is on the power play. I will continue to improve as a player. My plan this offseason is to improve my skating so that I am one of the best in the league. Teamwise, I think we need some tweaks to our strategy. Maybe move some people around a little bit. I’m not really sure, I mostly just do as I’m told. I trust the coaches will take care of that sort of thing. I think a little improvement in this area and we are looking at another great season, and hopefully a deep playoff run.

Code:
This feels like a really easy answer in the SHL, but it has to be Chicago. Not just the best team, but one of the best players in the league too in Martijn Westbroek. Westbroek had an incredible season. He did so much to try to get his team into the playoffs. It is honestly a shame they didn’t make it, given the huge effort he put in this season. I think he has a real argument as the best forward in the league this season. The talent on their roster is there, but I feel like a lot of the team underperformed expectations. When that happens, it’s tough to make the playoffs in a division as stacked as the Great Lakes.

Code:
11. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S58 season (on or off the ice)
- S58 playoff round-up
- S58 Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup finals Breakdown
- S59 predictions

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.
Spotify link - 2 people, 10 mins

Code:
I really thought the high level of talent that Buffalo had at forward would level the playing field a lot more. Even maybe make Buffalo the better team. Adding a player of Clappers caliber is significant. I didn’t really think they needed to do much else outside of tailoring their lines and strategies to deal with Hamilton.

Code:
I nearly always will take offense. I don’t actually think there was a major different between the level of offenses these teams iced. Buffalo was only a few goals behind Hamilton in the regular season, and they added a very good player towards the end of the season. At any rate, I take offense because I would rather be the aggressor. I want the other team to have to try to figure out how to shut me down, not the other way around.

Code:
Buffalo, without a doubt. I think Buffalos is one of the better brandings in the league. The colors are great, the style of the primary logo is great. Buffalo as a location isn’t amazing, but it works for the branding. Hamilton’s isn’t bad, but it feels a bit boring to me. I also think Hamilton is a pretty weak location. That area is very crowded with 3 teams in close proximity. I wouldn’t even know about Hamilton if it weren’t for the SHL.

Code:
Bobby Sharp feels like the biggest no-brainer here. Led the league in scoring, so I’m not going to lose the game with him on the bench. I also want Aaron Wilson. I think he does a lot to enable the other players on the ice with him. I want someone like that. For D, I want Samuel Michaud. Sam is a real do-everything D man who isn’t afraid to shoot the puck, which I really like. Like the first forward spot, goalie feels like a gimme, but it has to be Elizabeth Doyle.

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3011724

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Code:

the most surprising part of the season was toronto's rapid rise to the nearly the top of the eastern conference. the north stars have long remained at the basement of the great lakes division, and their surge to finish 2nd in the entire conference and to push the buffalo stampede to game 7 in the semi-finals was very impressive. the team has largely in recent seasons been unfortunate to be in the great lakes division, having a very decent roster but still not one worthy of title contention nonetheless. that changed this season when the north stars seemed to get a real grasp of strategy and coaching to turn their potential into current ability, and really take control of their own fate in the conference. this resulted in the surprising exclusion of the chicago syndicate from this season's playoffs and the great lakes will continue to be a real battle for seasons to come between the 4 teams.

Code:

Playing with 0 penalties is well worth the disadvantage of letting the away team play with 6 skaters on the ice at all times. Why? Because you can simply send in the biggest enforcer on your team to hack away and physically assault everyone on the other team. by the 10 minute mark into the game, the away team will be bruised and battered from having to deal with so many cheap shots and slashes and hacks at their bodies and likely will be demoralized from the fact that the referees are unable to do anything to stop it. even with the extra man advantage, having the ability to destroy your opponent is too hard to pass up.

Code:

Elizabeth Doyle is a surefire lock for the Simulation Hockey League Hall of Fame whenever the Buffalo Stampede netminder decides to hang up her skates. The goaltender for the Stampede has had a cerebral career, including winning both Rookie of the Year and Goalie of the Year in her very first season in the SHL with the Stampede. Doyle already has a Challenge Cup to her name and continues to lead a very strong Stampede team to the playoffs year after year, often advancing deep into the postseason. While the Stampede and Doyle have been unable to finish off the season lifting the cup in recent seasons, she is a very talented goalie who is integral to the Stampede's league best defense at preventing goals. The Stampede have absolutely the best goalie at the top of her career right now and she will certainly have a spot waiting for her in the Hall of Fame.

Code:

The Hamilton Steelhawks are champions once again, for the second time in Scarn's three season stint with the club. However, this will likely be Michael Scarn's last and final season in a Steelhawk uniform having believed he has achieved all he can with the organization. While this is a bittersweet moment, Scarn will look forward to a new challenge next season joining a new team and trying to lift that team into contention. Scarn is a very solid player at retaining the puck and centering the offense for whatever team secures his talents. The big thing at the moment is that Michael Scarn continues to battle against age and regression, which he has done well so far to avoid taking a big hit to his production, but this is undoubtedly a losing battle over time. Michael Scarn will have to continue to earn TPE and do his point tasks to ensure his next team can make the Challenge Cup.

Code:

The best team in the SHL to not make the Challenge Cup finals was the Texas Renegades. While the Renegades undoubtedly play in a much weaker Western Conference compared to the loaded Eastern Conference (particularly the Great Lakes with 4 teams who arguably have a legitimate claim to be the best team in the SHL), the Renegades had a disappointing end to the season crashing out to the eventual champion Hamilton Steelhawks. Getting matched up with the top team from the East before the Challenge Cup was a difficult matchup for the Renegades, and their team will be disappointed to have not capitalized on their season to get further into the postseason.

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3010188

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 01:18 PM by TheCC.)

One of the most surprising points this season is the Newfoundland Berserkers season. While the conferences and the divisions don’t really play a role, as every team plays each other an equal amount of times, it’s super important in terms of ranking, to finish on top of your division for the playoff bye. What’s surprising about the Newfoundland Berserkers is how strong they were this season, finishing third in the league, and yet, having to play the first round of the playoffs due to the fact they were sitting behind the eventual champion Quebec City Citadelles. I do not want to add insult to injury, but when we see the third team in their division, the Maine Timber, it’s surprising to see such a difference of points between everyone. It’s also a big surprise that the west conference is so weak except for the Kelowna Knights. The second best team in the west conference, the Anchorage Armada, was fifth in the league.

It’s hard to talk about the playoffs in the SMJHL and avoid talking about the Kelowna Knights. They dominated the season. They had 6 more wins and 11 more points over the 2nd place team, the Quebec City Citadelles who went on to win the championship. Due to the stupidity of the playoffs format that we have, the Kelowna Knights had to face the Citadelles in the semifinal. For the second season in a row, the top team of the league was eliminated in what should be the finals series. I still don’t understand why this playoff format exists. I also want to make an honorable mention to the Newfoundland Berserkers, who were third in the league, also eliminated in the semifinals.

c. As part of the Quebec City Citadelles, it’s hard to not root for your own branding. There’s just something about the owl of the Citadelles logo that is greatly inspiring and that makes you want to play with the crest on your chest. The colors are also a top choice and I love how it represents the city so well. It’s a very clean logo and I love representing it!
d. That choice is so easy. I send the best in the league that are able to score in any situation. I’m choosing the league leader in points during the regular season Mew Two, along with Zdenko Beranek and the scoring wonder that I am, Igor Petrov. On the defense, I want no one else than the captain Jasper Maximov. What a coincidence, these were also all my teammates this season!

Send Down Milestones

16. Written, 3 TPE
I could choose any number of people in the league that I enjoy interacting with, but as usual, I’m going to have to shout out @Evok. She’s one of the nicest people I know, she’s insanely passionate about our Citadelles, and she’s just an awesome person.

3 TPE Affiliate
ISFL PT

[Image: petrov.png]

1. Wirtten - 3 TPE
The past season we've seen a turning point. There's been teams that have been at the bottom for so long finally becoming Challenge Cup contenders. One in particular is the Toronto North Stars. They've done an amazing job and were this close in reaching the Challenge Cup finals. Also we've seen that Tampa Bay Barracude is becoming a better and better team and also the Texas Renegades. Texas was coming and they have finally arrived. The had a very strong campaign in the regular season and I think there's no team in the West that's even going to come close in the next few seasons. It's their stop to take right now and to defend. They just have to get over the hurdle that's called the Great Lakes division which has been a force for so long. Talking about the Great Lakes division, Chicago not making the playoffs... Big oof.

2. Written - 2 TPE
This is easy, I would opt for perk B. Not being able to take penalties is a much bigger advantage than having an extra skater on the ice. A skater which you can eliminate by him taking a penalty. You can just shoot the puck down the ice without icing it, you can just have a player stand there without him being offside and the rest of the team can cup check, spear, elbow to the head any oponnent of the ice. So perk B is obviously the best choice to win. This is not even a hard choice at all.

4. Written - 3 TPE
What the Calgary Dragons are going to do different is win more games in the playoffs, finally. In the FHM era the Dragons have made the playoffs all the time, but haven't won a single series. This has to change and this will change. The team is still very motivated to make it to the playoffs once more and actually start winning. We still have a good group of players who are earning ton of TPE and during last season we've learned a truck load more about FHM strategies and have improved our analysing of our opponents to be able to beat them. Not just by having better players, but also by having better strategy. One other thing that has changed is that we now have a nutrition coach Mr. Vrzala. He's going to help us improve by improving the parm enhancers and make us eat more parm more efficiently.

5. Written - 2 TPE
Easy question. The Kelowna Knights ofcourse in the SMJHL. The Kelowna Knights ended the regular season with the second best win percentage in SMJHL history in the FHM era and had to face Quebec in the semi finals because the ridiculous playoff format in FHM. Games between Quebec and Kelowna were at best coin flip games and in this case Quebec came out on top and eliminated the Kelowna Knights. If it wasn't for this weird formatting this should have been the Four Star Cup Finals, but it unfortunately wasn't, which is a shame because the Kelowna Knights deserved to be there.

15. Milestones - 3 TPE
Claim

16. Written - 3 TPE
First of all thanks to @Steelhead77 for being such an amazing GM all these seasons for the Calgary Dragons. You really deserve another place in the SHL HoF for this. Besides being an amazing GM, you are also an amazing person and I love talking to you about anything wether this is SHL, NHL or anything else. We are very fortunate you are a Dragon and part of this site.

Also big thanks to @Mike Izzy for being an incredible positive person now promoted to fill Esa's shoes. Keep doing what you've been doing and you will have an excellent career. The Calgary Twitter channel is the best this site has ever seen and that's all thanks to you.

After 9 seasons of being a GM in Kelowna (2 as CO) I would like to thank the previous GM's @Zoone16 @NJBadApple for giving me the opporunity to be a GM of an amazing franchise. Also big thanks to @RedCapeDiver and @trashae for being a huge part of our front office. Last but not least @Naosu. Thank you for being a wonderful partner GM-ing with me for 7 seasons and I'm glad you took on the job as head GM. I'm sure you will do an incredible job and bring back Kelowna to it's glory and the team it's meant to be. The best.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 02:05 PM by JSS331.)

4. Considering we just hoisted our second cup in three seasons, it is pretty clear that the Hamilton Steelhawks are doing things very right at the moment.  We have a great group of top end players who have not hit their major regression years as well as a big group of up and coming players who are just hitting their prime.  Our goalie Jobin fits in the second category and was a standout in the finals so things look very good.  What was concerning for my player and a few others who were stand outs last year was the drop off in production.  My hope is that is just the RNG equalizing things a bit and that things will balance out again next season.  More TPE and more training for that large group of players means we should be in very good shape again to defend the title.  Only time will tell but I am feeling very good about our chances to get after it.

Code:
164 words 3/16 TPE

PBE Crosspost 6/16 TPE

a.  Pray.  That is the simple truth.  They have zero chance against this juggernaut of a team.  Only prayer and the RNG gods could save them once that puck drops.  Other than that, I guess they could try to get our team bus to crash or give us all covid.  Other than that, zero chance, hand us the cup now.  (of course it's easy to say this after we already won lol).
b.  In the playoffs it is usually the goaltending that is what carries a team to success.  In this case though, Hamilton's goaltending wasn't top three for goals against but it wasn't that far off.  Plus Jobin has a history of going off in the finals to carry the team.  I believe the firepower of Hamilton will do enough to out score Buffalo and take them to victory.
c. Give me the Steelhawks here as well.  Clearly no bias here, nope, none at all.  But I do like the colors of the uniform and the Steelhawk logo.  That is not to say that Buffalo's is bad by any stretch, I like theirs as well but in a race this close, you have to give it to your own team.  Looking forward to another banner being raised in those colors this year.

Code:
9/16

S58 Milestones Claim 3 TPE - 12/16

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 07:15 PM by treant.)

1.I think that this has been a season that has had many surprises for the fans of the league!

We have seen teams that have not made it to the playoffs in a long time have great seasons and we have seen the team that was the Champion miss the playoffs which was something that I found very surprising!

We also saw a team that had not won the Presidents Trophy in a very long time claim the Trophy this season!

I think too that the New England Wolfpack were a team that surprised many people with the number of their games that they were able to win! It was not an easy season for the Wolfpack but I think that the team played very well and was able to surprise some people.

I hope that next season the team is able to improve even more and continue to impress everybody as the team will continue to get even better!

Total Word Count: 162 words!

4. Alexis Vermette was not a player who had the chance to take part in the SHL Challenge Cup finals this season so there is a lot that he would like to change for next season in order to reach this stage!

If Alexis is going to spend another season playing for the New England Wolfpack then he would like to help the team continue to improve and grow, with the hope that they can make a return to the playoffs in the next season.

It would not be likely that they would be able to make it all the way to the Cup Finals because of how young the whole team is.

I think that the team would hope that they might be able to make it back to the Finals in the next three or four seasons if they are able to continue to improve and get better, but we will see because they could surprise people!

Total Word Count: 158 Words!

5. A team that I think is one of the best teams in the league that did not make the finals is the Texas Renegades!

The reason that I think this is because they were a very successful team in the regular season and even had the best record out of all of the teams in the league. I think that this means that they are a very good team that was not able to make the finals this season.

There are many other teams that were very good this season too and were not able to make the finals, including the Toronto North Stars and the Chicago Syndicate!

Total Word Count: 108 words!

6. I am excited to watch this season’s IIHF Championship even though I will not yet have the chance to play for Canada!

I think that Canada is going to have another great season and I can’t wait to see the way in which the team is able to perform again and I am hoping that there is another Gold Medal in the teams future this season!

I cannot wait to be able to get the chance to play for the team when my time comes and I have earned enough TPE, but for now I am happy to watch them from home and cheer for the team!

I think that there are going to be other teams who will have great seasons too including USA, Great Britain and Czechoslovakia but I really think that Canada is going to have the best season out of all of the teams in the tournament!

Total Word Count: 151 words!

13. The player that I think is most deserving of winning the MVP award for the series is A Jobin, the Hamilton Steelhawks goaltender!

I think the reason that the Steelhawks were able to win as many games as they did is because they were able to rely on their goaltender to play really well and make sure that the games were close even when things weren’t going their way.

I think that all of the Steelhawks team played very well and should be proud of their Challenge Cup victory and I think that A Jobin played a very big part in helping them to get there!

Total Word Count: 106 words!

3 TPE Affiliate!
ISFL Affiliate PT!

[Image: W8ZyU0w.png]
[Image: EilhEKw.gif]

Wolfpack Canada Battleborn

Code:

+3 https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3008802

Code:

Bias Aside i think that Texas is the best team to not make the finals. We had a very close series with the eventual winners the Hamilton Steelhawks taking them to 7 games. And of those 7 game 5 of them were one goal games where as all of the buffalo vs hamilton games in the finals had at least a 3 goal spread, which even more proves that the Texas Renegades and Hamilton Steelhawks had a closer series. And a big factor in both their series vs hamilton and during the regular season that made them the best team to not make the finals was their goaltending duo of White Goodman and Cillian Kavanagh who both had over a .924 save percentage over the playoffs

Code:

One player i think is almost a shoe in for Hall of Fame is Texas Renegade legend and Captain Andreas Kvalheim. the 4 time Jeff Dar winner himself, has lead the Texas Renegades through their rebuild. The one thing holding him back is the lack of Challenge Cups, but with the team Texas has right now that should be solved soon. Over his 12 season career so far he has had 9 40+ point seasons and 5 Over PPG seasons. and even a few seasons into regression he just put up his best season with 71 points leading the Renegades to both their first Presidents Trophy since S28 and first playoff series win since S47 (which happened to be his rookie season). Because of this i think that Kvalheim is a shoe in to be first ballot hall of fame, which would take Raymond to three Hall of Fame players which is ridiculous  

Code:

Obviously the best choice is to have 6 skaters on the ice, because then its as if the other team had a penalty the entire time. The only possible reason to pick the other perk is the immunity to penalties, and only if the team used it to injure all the other teams players, but in the context of the SHL where we dont have injuries then there is no question that 6 skaters is the best choice. Being immune to penalties wouldnt matter since you are already down a man and on a constant penalty kill. being able to be offsides wouldn't help since the team with 6 skaters could just assign someone to cover anyone trying to cherry pick and would still be up a man in the offensive zone. and icings are the same since they are pretty much always on the penalty kill and would be able to ice it then

Code:

a. one thing that buffalo needed this series to help them win over Hamilton was a strong goalie performance, throughout the season everyone touted Elizabeth Doyle as the best goalie of the league, but unfortunately Doyle didnt show up for them during the finals when they needed her most

b. obviously as this is written after the fact the better offense won this time, even though Buffalo out shot hamilton alot of the time, the steel hawks were able to fin the back of the net quite easily during the series, winning all of their games by at least 3 goals over the stampede

d. for this i am going to use the standard a goalie two forwards and one defenseman. First for the goalie i would pick Doyle, if this series went to seven games that means she must have picked up her game since the first couple games. Forwards i would pick Aron Hernadivic from Buffalo as the setup man, and Aaron Wilson as the goal scorer. and for a defenseman Samuel Michaud fro mHamilton

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE

First off to the man to first take a chance on me @NJBadApple i know you probably wont see this but thank you for adding me to the Kelowna team and LR, it was the start of me joining this crazy place that has pretty much taken over my life

Then next was @dankoa and @Jearim bringing me to Texas. I also knew nothing about this team before joining, but have enjoyed every minute being apart of this team. It doesn't get said enough but you guys are the one's who built the foundation of our now great team and deserve every bit of praise me and @puolivalmiste may receive

Speaking of which, i know when i first messaged you about becoming Texas's Co-GM i wasnt sure i even wanted the job. But i have very much enjoyed these past few seasons being able to watch our team grow from getting swept in the first round to being one win away from the finals has been a crazy experience and i cant wait till we are raising the Challenge Cup above our heads

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights