Create Account

S58 Championship Week

1) Overall I would say San Francisco winning 20 games was a huge surprise for me. I thought they would flounder and stink and not be so great. I think I saw a few test runs where they had less than 10 wins. To see them come out and get 20 wins was a real treat and you’ve gotta be proud of what they’ve accomplished this season. The FO at San Francisco with @AgentSmith630 and @Thatguy91 are really doing some incredible things over there. They have the number one prospect in the SHL in Gregory Goode so expect more things out of San Francisco. On a more individual note I would say Lyle Odelein III having a stellar season at the blue line on a 10 win New Orleans team was really shocking. I mean he won’t win The Ron Mexico or anything but at the same time it’s so difficult to look over the fact that New Orleans had arguably the best defenseman in the league this year and he absolutely killed guys out there. Putting up 34 points from the Blue Line, with only 3 New Orleans forwards topping him this season. 305 blocked shots with an 80 Defensive Game Rating. Monster year.

2) I take being immune form penalties any day of the week. It doesn’t matter if you have 6 players on the ice. If I’m the coach of a team that is immune from penalties I’m putting my power forward on the ice to just charge the goalie constantly. Hit the goalie so much that they can’t get up and then you just seemingly always have an empty net. If they fight back THEY get a penalty. Plus on the rare times you’ve gotta go on defense you can just slash guys with the stick. We’d never lose.

3) Cassius Darrow played by @hhh81. Cassius Darrow has had an absolutely legendary career and he’s an all time defenseman that is still one of the best blue liners in the league 13 years after being drafted. Cassius Darrow is one of just 10 players left from his class and he’s still one of the elite players in the SHL and it’s a treat to be able to see him out there. I think Cassius Darrow would be Hall of Famer right now if he retired today but if he has another couple solid years he’s going to be one of the 99.9% voted for 1st ballot Hall of Famers that we will love and cherish forever. Congrats Darrow!

4) So as a prospect still in the J, last year will be my last time to compete for a Four Star cup. It’s a lot of work and I’m really hoping we can pull it off next season but it’s going to be really hard. I can’t get any better but I know that I can inspire my teammates to get better. We’ve got 8 rookies who are going to be 350 TPE players next season and another 4 or so that will be just becoming 425. In the J there is little you can really do after that 3rd season to make the team better but helping the young bloods be inspired is always a very useful thing to do. This past season I documented every single regular season game for the Zerks and I think that did a lot for the team morale. I likely will be doing that again. I can’t help but feel that Newfoundland is the elite team that everyone should be looking out for to win the cup next year.

5) The Newfoundland Berserkers. We owned Quebec City the whole season, we beat Kelowna on a regular basis too. We literally were beating the best two teams in the SMJHL all year long but of course we had to run into the one team all year that had our number, Anchorage. Anchorage was a team whom we routinely lost 0-1 or 1-2 too the whole year. We’d out shoot them 30-10 and lose 1-3. We’d shoot evenly with them and lose 0-1. We had some one off games. Like game 2 in the playoffs against them where we beat them 8-0. But for the most part every game against them was frustrating and if we’d beaten Anchorage I’m confident we would’ve beaten Kelowna and Quebec City as well.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

15. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
New this season, Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114645
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): TBD

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3007470

1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
While these two teams are no strangers to the Cup finals, we did see some very interesting things this season. Looking back, what do you feel was the most surprising part of the season?

Those monstrous bastard Toronto North Stars finally clawing their way to the top. After building a quality team, they were forced to deal with the harsh reality of being in the Great Lakes division with perennial contending teams (two of which played in the finals). They were finally able to make that next jump into the playoffs, and found themselves one win away from a finals appearance. Adam Barron had an absolutely fantastic season and helped carry the team to this next level. Goaltending was elite in tandem, rather than solely relying on the always spectacular Harry Carpet. Forwards were great and the young players were impactful everywhere. So while it was surprising to happen this season, it has been a long time coming. It is a welcome change for many (especially players and fans in Toronto) and is definitely a good thing for the league. Chicago can also, in fact, suck one.

2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Oh no, the head honchos of the league are worried that there aren't enough story lines for the finals! Therefore they're changing the rules for the finals. The home team will get to choose to either a) play the whole game with 6 skaters on the ice at a time or b) be immune from penalties/offsides/icing. Whatever the home team chooses, the visitors get the other perk. Which one are you choosing, given the choice and why?

I’m going option B all the way. Looking at the “advantage” of having 6 skaters on the ice will just lead to more chaos for that team. One more guy getting tired too. Rolling lines could get tricky, and these guys aren’t built/trained for 6 man hockey. I’m thinking over the course of a series, you can really get them with a rope-a-dope tiring tactic. Meanwhile, your team has a guy cherry picking next to the other team’s net and you can dump it to him with no repercussions due to the lack of rules. Or maybe it wouldn’t work, I don’t care.

4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If you're sitting at home watching the Finals: What do you plan on doing differently next season to help your team reach the promised land? If you're playing in the Finals: Is there anything different you plan on doing next season to continue your team's success?

I plan on playing even fewer minutes going forward, enabling Adam Barron to play somewhere around the 40-50 minute mark every single game in the playoffs, giving us the best possible chance of winning the conference finals game 7 next season. Our team is looking very good, and poised for an even stronger future. Unfortunately, I am hitting regression this offseason, and as a wishy-washy mediocre player/earner, I will have to work pretty hard to fight it off to stay relevant on a contending team. In all likelihood, I will see a similar role as I did last season. With any luck I will be able to refocus my skills into something even better, though with less TPE and overall ability. This next season will be a pretty big one for me. If I can fight through the regression and stay relevant on this team, then I may be able to squeeze another contract out of the North Stars. If not, I will probably sail off into the sunset, fairly happy with how this career has played out.

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

The Toronto North Stars are the greatest team ever assembled, and due to some inside jobs and treachery, they were scammed out of a finals appearance and almost sure victory. Toronto has climbed out of the bottom of the Great Lakes into the promised land. With the 1st and 2nd overall picks in the upcoming draft, they are going to look even stronger soon. But that is irrelevant to this past season. The jump they made was crazy. Once they figure out a little more about that nasty playoff hockey, this team will be unstoppable. If they were this good and didn’t even plan it yet, imagine what they will look like when they’re trying.

16. Written, 3 TPE
I loved this as a mPT when hotdog did it last season, so I'd like to bring it back as a permanent fixture. After all, we could all use a little positivity every now and then. Say something nice about another member or members, no word limit.

Shoutout @ml002 and @UrsinZ for bringing me into a team that has such a positive attitude. It could be easy to get complacent and bored with a team that struggled for so long, but these guys built a good team with an even better room. Getting screwed over by things out of your control can be frustrating, but these guys powered through it and put together an awesome group of people. Also they haven’t traded me yet, which is nice.

Total 16/16

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

1. +3 TPE 
The Baltimore Platoon making finals was a welcome and amazing surprise. When the season first started we only had wild dreams of the playoffs but as we progressed through the season those dreams started to crystalize into reality. The locker room was so stoked as this meant the rebuild was way ahead of schedule and the BAP dynasty was coming into fruition faster than we all expected. Being able to pull the team into the playoffs for the first time in a long time was extremely satisfying for all the players but I’m sure even more so for the GM team that made it happen. If we keep on this track I think the league will have to get used to hearing “Roses” cause there will be plenty more goals in the BAP future. I have full faith in the team’s leadership and so super excited for this team and everything the future holds, there's bright and then there's BAP. 

2. +2 TPE 
I would certainly go with the immunity from penalties for my team. Just have one of the players start slashing and assaulting the goalie. Soon they won't have any goalies to defend the net. This would turn into an absolute mockery of the game but hey, rules is the rules, or rather the lack of them. Slashing, slewfooting, charging, boarding, highsticking. I mean you are literally telling a bunch of people with weapons in their hands and strapped to their feet that they can do whatever they want. Any way you cut it, that advantage is so much more than having one extra man on the ice. Not having penalties in hockey is akin to issuing a license to kill. 

3. +3 TPE 

Karl @CementHands Krashwagen is the absolute wagen not only does he deserve HOF I think he deserves his own award for dedication through rebuilding and team leadership. I’ve been in locker-rooms with Krash since I joined the league, he is a great person on and off the ice, and is the epitome of leading with humility and caring for everyone on the team. Krash is a legend in his own rite and the performance he pulled off this season to get the Baltimore Platoon into the playoffs was simply spectacular. Also I shipped him a graphics card and I think it might’ve gotten stuck at the border but hopefully it gets to him soon so he can game. Knowing krash though his patience is iron and his will is steel. I’m sure he’ll be fine in the long run, but give this man his damn recognition and give him a shiny trophy. The Krashwagen also has a great ring to it. 

8. +3 TPE 

Graphic t shirt

[Image: EnOIhWB.png]

15. +2 TPE 

milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3006929

16. +3 TPE If i went and mentioned everyone i thought was cool in this league it would take forever. I'm just gonna shout-out @ImShiny who is a legend. I love his discord and that he puts up with all my bullshit. Shiny is a cool boy with dope hair and can do many skateboard tricks. If someone tries to fight him he also knows 7 different martial arts and is rumored to know 2 more secret ones.

CW 16/16 TPE

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

1. 166 words
Looking back at the seasons, we saw some nice improvements and could finally hope that it’s the last time that two out of the great lakes division are up for the finals. Most guys said that the Texas Renegades run to the president’s trophy was just because their division was so weak. But they took Hamilton to a game 7. So, it couldn’t be just because the division was weak, the Renegades are going to be a powerhouse in the future. But the biggest surprise comes out of the great lakes division, to be clear it’s one big surprise. Toronto in the playoffs and the champion of S57 Chicago Syndicate missed the playoffs. To be honest, everyone was just waiting till Toronto could finally challenge the big 3 and pass one of them. It was a little surprise that it was this season already and that it was Chicago they overtook in the playoff race. We will see if they could do it again next season.

2. 134 words
That’s a pretty easy decision and not really something you would thing about to long, because the options are so one-sided that it brought a little smile on my face. As the home team I would use the immune from penalties/offsides/icing. Why? That’s easy if you don’t can get penalized for anything you do on the ice. There is no chance that the visiting team will have enough players to end the game. Or they would be to frightened to take the puck. Because I would give out the order to my team, that they should slash at everything that gets in their range and put down everyone till they get knocked out. After 20 min the game is over because there will be no healthy player left to step on the ice again.

4. 180 words
Going out on game 7 the round before the finals, there is not much time gone to think about what you should do different next season, beside winning this fucking game 7. But for the reason the cup finals are done as well, by the way congrats to the Hamilton Steelhawks, we had some time to think about it. Looking at my team, I guess you would agree to me if I would say the Texas Renegades just have to wait and keep on the good work, they have done the last couple of seasons. The roster is stacked as hell and the most of them are not in regression yet and the few that are should be able to fight it for a long time. Guys like Kekkonen or Wachter aren’t young guns anymore and are now elite players in the league. A lot of younger guys in the team are just a few steps away to be an elite player. So, I personally will not change much, it’s just a matter of time till we reach a final.

5. 123 words
I mean in the SHL it’s obviously the Chicago Syndicate. They went into the season as the champion and have been one of the top dogs for the cup again. But everything went not their way and it led to watching the playoffs at home on the TV instead of playing there by themselves. You could say that was their fault, but it’s not that easy. It’s the fault of the system we use in the sim. The best 4 teams of a conference in the same division, is something you don’t see often and with only 3 of them making the playoffs we will always see a team out that could easily win a cup if they get hot in the playoffs.

15. Milstones (6) for 3 TPE

16. I want to say thank you to all my team mates in Texas, they are an amazing group and i hope we will have a lot of success the upcoming seasons. But the biggest thank you should go to @puolivalmiste our GM. Without his FHM knowledge we still would have a good team, but i am not sure if we would be at the level we are now. All the work and hours he spend for finding the builds that fit our taktik best and let everyone in the team know is absolut tremendous great. Hope he still has enough energy to keep it on and get us a cup finally.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

Oh no, the head honchos of the league are worried that there aren't enough story lines for the finals! Therefore they're changing the rules for the finals. The home team will get to choose to either a) play the whole game with 6 skaters on the ice at a time or b) be immune from penalties/offsides/icing. Whatever the home team chooses, the visitors get the other perk. Which one are you choosing, given the choice and why?

I think the six skaters on the ice at a time would be absolutely boring so no penalties, offsides, or icing would be my choice. It would be an absolute bloodbath and that is what we really want in hockey. I hope that players would not be head hunting but players will not be afraid to dish out some heavy hits which would just cause a ton of excitement. Also with no icing teams would be going for more across ice passes maybe even more breakaways. I would absolutely love to see that but would also absolutely hate being on the ice for a game like this.

3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Which players, if any, do you see as locks for the Hall of Fame? As in, if they're career ended today they're in. Anyone on the cusp? Anyone on the right track, but still needs to put up a few more great seasons?

One player that comes to mind is Monkey D. Luffy on the Buffalo Stampede. For the longest time Monkey D. Luffy is either the point SHL leader or close to the top of point leader. He has won two cups in his career and has been close to many more. Luffy has won the MVP once and has 560 points in 532 games played making him above PPG. He has a career 203 +/- and has only registered 176 penalty minutes. I can’t think of anyone who deserves it more than Money D. Luffy even if he retired right now.

One player that is on the right trick for it is Elizabeth Doyle, the starting goalie for Buffalo Stampede. In her short career she has won one challenge cup, been first team all star 4 teams, she has been on the rookie all star team, she has won the jesster, the razov and two McBrides. She has won 99 games of the 137 she's played, 22 of those being shut outs and maintains a 2.07 GAA and a .9149 save percentage. She is absolutely on the track to being inducted into the hall of fame and I could easily make an argument she deserves it if she retired today.

@TnlAstatine @Evok

If you're sitting at home watching the Finals: What do you plan on doing differently next season to help your team reach the promised land? If you're playing in the Finals: Is there anything different you plan on doing next season to continue your team's success?

As a very young player I know there is a lot I can do to improve my player come next season but I also know the expectations of my player were not very high. I will likely improve my strength and shooting capability in the offseason so that I can become an even better player. I registered seven points and seven assists in the 21 games I played this playoff with the limited amount of time I was on the ice which is not that bad but I know I can do better. It was a disappointing end to the playoffs for the buffalo Stampede but the finals were always going to be tough because on paper Hamilton was the better team going into the game. I am hoping with my improved strength and scoring ability I can become a better player. In the regular season I did have 46 points in 66 games in the regular season which is nine points more than what I had last season so I know that I’m improving every season. I am just hoping next season can go better than this season.

Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

I feel like there is a pretty obvious answer to this question for the Simulation Hockey League. The best team to not make this playoffs is hands down the Chicago Syndicate. As the defending champs they were two points out of making the playoffs and finished fourth overall but because of how the playoffs are structured they did not make the playoffs. This is a team that could have easily made it into the semifinals. It is really unfortunate we have to structure our playoffs this way but I understand we do not have much of a choice in this situation but they were for sure better than most teams in the west.

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton finished 13 points above Buffalo in the standings this season. What is one thing that Buffalo can do to give themselves a leg up despite this?

The one thing Buffalo can do to give themselves a leg up is to score more goals than Hamilton. That is ideally how you win most games and I can see that easily helping them out during this series. Evidently as the series is over they did not score more goals which is why they lost.

b. Hamilton was 3rd in the league in GF this season. Buffalo was 2nd in GA. This begs the age old question: what will win out, a great defense or a great offense? Why?

I would say a great defense is better than a great offense. It is a very hard decision because both are important but ideally with a great defense you don’t need to score many goals because they are out there preventing the team from scoring. With a better defense the other team also hardly ever has the puck. Get a breakaway goal here and there and bam you get yourselves a win.

c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.

As someone who is on Buffalo I of course have some bias in this question but of course I am going with Buffalo’s branding. I absolutely love the logo and the color scheme. The one downside though is the location. Buffalo is not really a good place to live, way too cold but other than that I really love Buffalo’s branding.

d. It's all come down to this: game seven overtime. Which four players are you sending out to win the game for you. This is in a fantasy sense, so feel free to mix and match from both teams.

The four players I would send out, not sure why I would only send four but either way, would be Michael Scarn on Hamilton, Monkey D. Luffy and Augustus Wang on Buffalo and Samuel Michaud on Hamilton. I think this would be a great group of players who give me offensive power and the defensive ability to not allow goals to get let in.

New this season, Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

+1 https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3006899

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE
I loved this as a mPT when hotdog did it last season, so I'd like to bring it back as a permanent fixture. After all, we could all use a little positivity every now and then. Say something nice about another member or members, no word limit.

I would like to take this time to thank @fishy for putting up with my shit. Not many can so mad props to this cutie

I would also like to thank @teztify for being tez. No ones better than him

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 04:11 PM by fishy.)

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

The struggles of my player, Aron Hernadivic, have been a common theme throughout my PTs this season, with Hernadivic essentially being useless to the Stampede throughout the regular season, putting up a shitty 30ish points over the 66 game season. Hernadivic's struggles were a big reason why it took the Stampede until the final regular season sims to clinch a playoff spot. However, Hernadivic's luck turned around in the playoffs, almost matching his regular season point total of 34 points in 66 regular season games with 23 points in 21 games, tied for the playoff lead in points. I am hoping that I can parlay this playoff performance into regular season dominance next season, although I'll be happy with just having a season over a point per game pace. Hernadivic will be getting first line powerplay minutes this upcoming season, which should be enough for him to experience a large point breakthrough, and maybe earn another nomination for most improved. Wouldn't be shocked to see another putrid regular season performance though. - 171 words, +3

Quote:5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

Okay, so this is going to be a bold answer, but the answer was and only can be Chicago. I get that Texas and Toronto pushed Hamilton and Buffalo to seven games, but neither of these teams were a true threat to either of these teams. Toronto specifically has been a popular answer here, and over their seven game series with Buffalo, they were outshout about 10-15 shots per game. They were lucky to have pushed it to seven games. Chicago was realistically the third best team in the league this season, regular season results aside. As a coach of Buffalo, you get a more in-depth feeling on which teams you don't want to face in the playoffs, Chicago was this year's version of that team. - 126 words, +2

Quote:12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton finished 13 points above Buffalo in the standings this season. What is one thing that Buffalo can do to give themselves a leg up despite this?
b. Hamilton was 3rd in the league in GF this season. Buffalo was 2nd in GA. This begs the age old question: what will win out, a great defense or a great offense? Why?
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.

a. Buffalo needed their HOF-worthy goaltender to steal them a couple of games to give them the chance to win this series, and although Doyle played great and Buffalo's offence let them down, this would've been the way for the Stampede to give themselves a real shot at the Cup. Another season of development for the Stampede will certainly help. - 59 words, +1

b. It turns out that a great offence will outperform a good defence, especially when the great offence experiences a nice combination of getting an insane amount of saves and scores goals at a rate that they shouldn't. Salt aside, Hamilton deserved the series W, so I'll give the credit to their elite offence and their strong depth. - 57 words, +1

c. Well, Hamilton if they paid any attention to the other sports teams in the Hamilton area would have realized that Hamilton branding isn't blues and greys, but yellows and blacks. Look at the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, the Hamilton Bulldogs, and minor sports associations that all embrace this colour scheme. Buffalo doesn't have a uniform colour scheme like the City of Hamilton does, so I'm gonna go with the Stampede here. - 69 words, +1

Quote:13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Honestly, it's kind of hard to pick a single player on Hamilton for series MVP. Although the series only went five games, Buffalo actually held the edge in corsi over the five game series, having outshot Hamilton. With that in mind, and with Hamilton seeming to experience balanced scoring between their star players like Aaron Wilson, Michael Scarn, and Theo Morgan, I'll go ahead and give the finals MVP to Jobin, who was stellar putting up about a .920 to .930 save percentage over the five game finals. Sam Michaud also deserves credit for being a shutdown player on the back end, but Hamilton doesn't win this series in five games without Jobin stealing Game 3 and Game 5. - 119 words, +2

Quote:15. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Hernadivic claims 3 TPE -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3006616

Quote:16. Written, 3 TPE

+3

@Zombiewolf
@Faelax
@Lime
@Ragnar
@Kalakar
@Nerio
@Mayuu
@TnlAstatine
@Renomitsu
@Ferda
@ByrdeMan
@Grum
@Evok
@Tomen
@WannabeFinn
@karey

I hope all of you know how much you mean to me, you guys are all some of my best friends on site and i can't imagine playing for other GMs or with other users in a different locker room.

@Gwdjohnson
@jeffie43
shoutout you two for always puttin up w my shit and talking w me in DMs, happy to share OCO with you and happy to call both of you my friends

@Blasoon i know we havent known each other for that long, but thanks for always being thoughtful and caring. I appreciate you letting me waste away in OCO, and i appreciate how willing you are to always help everybody.

@Memento Mori @Nhamlet thanks for always being down to talk Liverpool and how shit we are this season. UCL Champs incoming tho!

Shoutout to everyone in the SHN for always being down to have SHL and life discussions over random ass shit, you are all a wonderful group of people.

Quote:Total: 3 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 3 = 16 TPE

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 05:07 PM by Leppish.)

Code:

Well this feels too easy, getting an extra skater on the ice at all times is just so big of an addition that it's a no brainer. Even if you take a penalty it will just be regular 5 on 5 Hockey. Yes the opponent not being called for Offsides, icings or penalties would give them a certain edge but you can just play 3 Defensemen or 4 forwards to counter that. Have one extra player hovering around the middle when you're in the offensive zone to look out for breakaways etc. or have an extra forward in the middle while you're defending to get those breakaways.

Code:

This may be an obvious pick, but i would say my Detroit Falcons, we we're on fire for a long stretch of the season, getting a massive boost in offence from Pavel Jeziak breaking out, scoring 25 goals and 50 points in his sophomore season, defense still being top notch and veteran forwards like Granstrom and Anton Mihailov having excellent seasons. Can't forget about the all star level goalie in net. Detroit finished the season with an impressive 40 wins, 21 losses and 5 OT losses. 4 wins more than the ugly Anchorage boat team that beat them in their first playoff round. Rigged for sure.

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup championship t-shirt for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup t-shirt for the SMJHL is ok as well.) Hey maybe if your design is good enough it'll make it to the merch store!

[Image: 5M9MEPh.jpg]

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

[Image: xpmnZPF.jpg]

Code:
14. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.

[Image: NBCcyf2.png]

Code:

Milestones 3 TPE

16/16

[Image: lebbish.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 04:35 PM by BarnabasCollins.)

While these two teams are no strangers to the Cup finals, we did see some very interesting things this season. Looking back, what do you feel was the most surprising part of the season?

Although many people would claim it as surprising I for one am not that shocked by the play of Toronto this past season.  They have one of the best goalies in the league for the past several seasons on a hard luck team in Harry Carpet. He has worked harder than just about any goalie out there and it's nice to see the team in front of him finally improve enough for him to have a great season and get into the playoffs. With Lane, Zaporozhets and Zandinsky having pretty amazing seasons Toronto finally got enough going to get themselves on a run that I fully expect will continue into the future even though they are in the tough Eastern conference. Carpet should be able to continue his dominance for several seasons to come and in the end may wind up with all the all time goaltending records. So while it was surprising that Toronto did so well in a tough conference in a way it really in essence wasn't that much of one.

Code:

I'd of course be choosing the no penalties, offsides, etc. That is a no brainer. If you wanted to goon it up you could literally beat the crap out of the other team's best players and take them out of the game. With no offsides you just park a guy in front of the net the entire game and some long passes would be total breakaways. You could also stand there and screen the goaltender, pull his feet out from under him, whatever so your team would have wide open nets. Even with 6 guys there's no way they'd be able to stop goon like tactics.

Code:
Which players, if any, do you see as locks for the Hall of Fame? As in, if they're career ended today they're in. Anyone on the cusp? Anyone on the right track, but still needs to put up a few more great seasons?

I think Harry Carpet Toronto's goalie will end up being a Hall of fame lock for sure. He is I believe the highest goalie TPE earner of all time. He had probably what would be his big breakout season as finally the team in front of him has improved enough for him to get some serious w's in the next few seasons. Although according to the SHL talking heads goalies don't do shit to help themselves it's all the team so in essence goalies are just getting participation trophies. Personally I think that's a load of horse shit. It takes hard work to stay relevant for a long time as a goalie, you put in just as much work as any other player but get none of the credit for the work you put in. And no goalie works as hard as Carpet so in my opinion this guy is an absolute lock for the Hall of Fame.

Code:

This one is pretty easy as well in the Texas Renegades. They won the presidents trophy with an outstanding goalie tandem this season. Kekkonen, Kvalheim and Williams had great seasons for them also lighting up the scoreboard. There defense allowed only a second best in the leagues goals against along with their goalies. They were the total package this season. But as often happens in the SHL the best teams often do not win and this was certainly the case with Texas this season. A dominant regular season run should easily have led to a final appearance but it did not in this case.

Code:

SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114645  +3

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE

There simply is noone other that really deserves this from me than Steelhead77. Esa is the one who brought me to this site, not sure whether to thank him or call him a butthole lol, jk. We've become great friends over the years and we are also in a couple fantasy leagues together. It was he who wanted me to come to Calgary and I've loved every second of it. We bust each other's balls and share our love of foods as I torure him with pictures of what I'm making as I just did a little more than an hour ago as a matter of fact. Esa's 2 players have been straight up exemplary as has his management abilities which will go down in SHL history as simply the best as Tina Turner would say. He has kept the Dragons in the playoffs season after season and the team is very tight knit because of him. I could never imagine playing anywhere else.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 04:33 PM by honkerrs.)

15) Backup (1A/1B) Goaltenders (anything less than 40GP)
Wins (W): 7 or more
Loses (L): 8 or more
Overtime Loses (OTLs): 1 or more
Shutouts: 1 or more
Saves: 547 or more
Save %: 0.914 or higher
Goals Against Average (GAA): 2.44 or lower

+3 TPE

16) Shout out to @ml002 and @UrsinZ for building a great LR in Toronto.  Prob wouldve quit by now if not the great atmosphere going on and continuing to grow each and every season

+3 TPE

6 TPE Total

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

Code:

I think that the most surprising part of the season would have to be how the Great Lakes division played out this season. Once again the division topped the Eastern Conference, but unfortunately one of the teams would not make it. The unfortunate casualty of this division would have to be Chicago Syndicate, the defending Challenge Cup Champions, who did not get a chance to defend it. Despite being 4th in the conference, they missed the playoffs by 2 points, becoming the unfortunate casualty of that division. Toronto lead the division this season and managed to secure the top spot in the conference. Unfortunately for them their season came to an end at the hands of their division Rival Buffalo in a grueling 4-3 series loss in the final 4. This lead to the finals being Hamilton vs Buffalo. So while the outcome in a vacuum looks pretty standard, the way this turned out is far from ordinary.

158 words

Code:

If I had to pick a sure fire hall of famer who is still playing right now, it would have to be Dick Clapper. Dick was a key contributor to some powerhouse Hamilton Steelhawks teams, as well as the Stampede that also just so happened to make the finals this season. Despite being in the beginning of his twilight years, Clapper still had an incredible season. In 62 games, Clapper had 23 goals and 29 assists for 59 points. Not only was he scoring at a near point per game rate. but he was also sound defensively. With 152 hits and 23 takeaways, the bruising power forward made his presence known. And that was just this season. Over the course of 10 seasons, Dick Clapper has been a force with a consistent 20 goals and 50 point average. This average also was during the 50 game seasons, showing that Clapper has a lot left in the tank.

157 words
Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

For this season in the IIHF, I feel as though it is going to be much of the same teams at the top. Team Canada still boasts arguably the strongest squad on paper yet again this season. Team Germany and Great Britain also have formidable squads who look poised to make a deep run for the gold. Team USA also has a strong team as well who looks to win another gold medal. Japan will likely be looking to bounce back into form with another solid outing. Overall these teams look to be the top 5 teams in the tournament. Each team as a chance to win it all this season, with Teams Canada and Great Britain having the best chances at gold. On the other side of the spectrum, Teams Latvia, Ireland, Austria, and Russia will be looking to improve their records from last season. Many of these teams are in the middle of a retooling, so this will be a good season to see how the retools are working out.

172 words

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
d. It's all come down to this: game seven overtime. Which four players are you sending out to win the game for you. This is in a fantasy sense, so feel free to mix and match from both teams.

a. A 13 point difference is massive in the SHL. In order to overcome this I would say that Buffalo needs to capitalize on the powerplay opportunities they are given. This also means that they have to play disciplined in order to not give Michael Scarn and Theo Morgan among others any more Grade A opportunities.

55 words

b. I feel like Hamilton's offense will be too much for Buffalo to handle. If Buffalo cannot contain this potent offense, it will spell trouble. A key is to stay out of the penalty box. By limiting the time Hamilton has on the powerplay, Buffalo might be able to win this series.

51 words

c. I honestly prefer the Hamilton Steelhawks branding. The city of Hamilton is known for its steel mills and metalworking in general, so the theme fits well. I also am a sucker for blue and grey, as I just like how the two colors work together. Finally, it looks like a skarmory, which is one of my favorite pokemon.

58 words

d. The 4 players I would want on the ice would be Michael Scarn, Theo Morgan, Dick Clapper, and Hugh Jazz. These three forwards provide ample firepower, along with a huge presence on the ice with their physicality. Hugh Jazz would man the point dishing it out to one of these forwards.

51 words

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE

Well I would have to say that @The__Y-man__100 is probably one of the best dudes one site. Thanks for bringing me back to the SHL

16/16

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen

Code:
I think most people would agree that the most surprising thing would be the previous Challenge Cup Champions, the Chicago Syndicate, were not in the playoffs this year. And the craziest thing about that, it is not that they have started a rebuild and sucked all year, is that they finished the season with 88 points and did not make it into the playoffs because of the technicalities or rules that FHM has when it comes to the number of teams who make the playoffs. It is not by the standings of the conferences but rather the standings in your division, and that the top 3 teams in te division make it. Chicago is in a division with the Hamilton Steelhawks, the Buffalo Stampede, and the Toronto North Stars. These 3 teams finished in the top 5 of the league and forced the Syndicate to miss the playoffs unfortunately. Super surprising because of the circumstances. Should be fun to see what happens with this division next season, it will be a battle all season for the teams to make the playoffs. All that talent and competition in one division, makes it unfortunate when you look around the league and you see that teams with a record under 500 made the playoffs and then you, as a 6th team overall in the league, are forced to stay home.

Code:
I think playing the games with 6 skaters on the ice the whole time is more beneficial. Yeah, you might be immune to penalties and oher calls that the refs would make with the other choice, but I am already choosing to play the whole game with a powerplay in reality. And looking at the teams that are in the finals right now, both the Stampede and the Steelhawks would be able to completely dominate the other team with an extra guy on the ice. With the amount of depth both teams have and the strength of their Power Play, I think it is a perfect match made in heaven. The only thing would having to worry for the other team late in the game. Always having an extra guy on the ice might cause the stamina to drop a lot faster. So that would mean the stretch passes and the dump ins without icing would be dangerous for the opposition.

Code:
I was completely disappointed with the way the season ended for us in Calgary. We did lose to the team that went on to the finals and ended up losing unfortunately but still. I think we have an extremely talented group and I was brought in to help complete the group and bring them over the top and I have yet to do so here while wearing the red and black. With some of our players aging, more and more weight will fall on my shoulders in my opinion and I have to come and perform every game. The season has not been a problem for me as a Dragon, it has been the playoffs where we have struggled. I hope to make it a little easier for Izzy, who is coming in and taking over for Steelhead, who has had a great tenure as a GM in the Simulation Hockey League. As a player, Kaspars Claude has to be more of a complete player and less of a point producing player. I think if I can solidify my performance in all three zones, it would help the results for the team.

Code:
Well I already spoke about how it was unfortunate to see the Syndicate not make the season, now let me complete that with saying that I think the Texas Renegades shocked everyone with their play this season. They led the league, not just their conference, the whole league in points with a record of 54 wins, 11 loses and 1 overtime loss. They had a bunch of players perform exceptionally this season and it was the effort by everyone on that team that made the Renegades so successful in my opinion. I thought they were going to win it all, being the most complete team in the league on paper and even proving that throughout the regular season, with the most points as a team, the most goals scored as a team and the 3rd least amount of goals let in against. Just a complete domination of a season, only to be let down and not even make the finals. I think we will be seeing that team around for a while in the league, and would not be surprised if the Renegades win the Cup next season in the SHL.

Code:

b) In hockey, I would say a better offense would prevail. In an age of hockey where goals and goals are constantly scored, it is harder o shut a team out that scores a lot of goals than it is to score a lot of goals on a team that does not let in many. And, with the amount of talent the Steelhawks have, it is only a matter of time before they start to tuck them in.
c) I would say the Steelhawks. Colors do not really play a factor for me, as I like the bruins in the NHL and the Stampede have Yellow in their logo. But, I am Canadian and prefer the city of Hamilton compared to the city of Buffalo. So, based solely on the fact that I am a Canadian citizen, I am making this matchup a Canada vs United States matchup and would choose and root for Canada.
d) I am going to take a player from either organization and mix it up. On forward, I am taking Theo Morgan because he is my brother and then I am taking Monkey D. Luffy because of the sig I had made him a long time ago that I fell in love with. They would compliment eachother. Then, on defense, I am taking Augustus Wang from the Stampede because his name sound super cool and then I would take Hugh Jazz because his name is funny.

Code:
Kaspars Claude - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3012078
Earned 5, Claimed 3

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Code:

Being the SMJHL I haven't really been able to follow along with the SHL, but one of the more surprising parts of the season was the closeness of the Great Lakes Division. Having bet on Buffalo to stand at the top of the league at the end of the playoffs, their start was leaving me worried that even more money would be lost. The steady rise of the Stampede and the tough losses for the defending champions Chicago syndicate lowered the gap throughout the season. The dominance of the Hamilton Steelhawks and the surprising play of the Toronto Stars to close the gap compared to last season's standings really put Chicago in a pressured situation to be able to defend their title, and finally ending their chances with an overtime loss to the Manhattan Rage. Funnily enough the entire Great Lakes Division still surpassed all other teams in the Eastern Conference, another surprising feat of the GL.
Code:
157 words

Code:

Out of these two options, I would prefer the immunity. Imagine being able to do absolutely anything on the ice! If you have a large and strong presence on the team, it would not matter if the other team had one extra body on the ice, they would be tied up somewhere on the ice without having any respite. The other players would be able to roam free always having a cherry picker in the offensive zone, ready to pounce on any cleared puck. If the defense would like to play man-on-man it would mean that another player would always be occupied on the ice, and their team's bonus would not be of any benefit.
Code:
118 words

Code:

Tomas has been home for a while, having left the team for the off-season and the World Junior Championships after the second first-round loss in his sophomore season. He looks back on a somewhat disappointing season, just barely surpassing his rookie numbers in the regular season. The playoffs were also a bit of a let-down as he did not produce in accordance with the first line minutes he received. Tomas will take this off-season to work on the smaller aspects of his play, being able to control the puck both standing still and when using speed. A big part of the workout will also be done on the defensive aspects of his play, trying to become better at protecting the own end from the opposition. These improvements will hopefully be able to make Tomas more valuable on the first line and earn his place among the top players on the team for the coming season.
Code:
159 words

Code:

I think that one of the better teams that was not able to reach the final of the SHL is the winner of the regular season, the Texas Renegades. One might argue that they have had an "easier" season, not having to play the strong teams in the Great Lakes Division as many times as the runner-up Hamilton Steelhawks from the aforementioned division, but they still have to win game to emerge on top. That is something that can't be overlooked, the Renegades have won more games than any other team in the league. They went up against a tough opponent in the semi-finals in the Eastern Conference champion, the Steelhawks, losing on the odd goal for the first two games and then getting blown out in game three. The Renegades showed their strength and why they did so well during the regular season to come back in the upcoming three games. Unfortunately they did not make it all the way, losing a game seven to the eventual champions.
Code:
172 words

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I feel like this is the season where Sweden shows their strength and gets back into the fight for the gold. Henrik Lekberg Osterman comes into the tournament with a great season, although the pride's performance was a bit disappointing. I am looking forward to seeing him center a line with the scoring phenom Karl Krashwagen, a sure-fire recipe for success. The defensive stalwarts of Magnus Liljeström, Sven Yxskaft, Emilia Bergman and Zlatan Jr. combined for 50 in plus/minus in the regular season and Emilia Bergman having one of the top Corsi for percentages in the entire league. On the backend A Jobin hopes to continue the success of a championship win to the IIHF tournament. Jobin and Kata Vilde combine for 67 wins out of 102 games and 10 shutouts which makes them a great tandem to give Tre Kronor the best possible chance at going as far as the gold medal round.
Code:
154 words

Code:
c) I wouldn't say that any of these teams' branding are among my favorites in the SHL, but between the two of them the clear winner is the Hamilton Steelhawks. I can't really enjoy a logo that is a circle and looks more like a stamp than any team branding. The Hamilton logo is not that much better, but what they lack in the logo they really make up for in the jersey colors. The addition of the golden yellow makes the jerseys pop and the third jersey with the yellow and blue on the black is just perfection!
Code:
90-ish words

Code:
+2 TPE

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

Code:

One thing that caught me by surprise was Toronto's rise in the rankings. I'm not used to seeing them among the top teams, and here they are second in their division and third overall. When doing my playoff predictions, I thought Toronto had a pretty good chance to make the finals given their matchups and how they faired against each other during the season.

Another surprise during the season was Buffalo's placement. They were third in their division, fifth overall. However, once again they have made quite a show in the playoffs and made it to the finals again. They consistently show that they can stomp through the playoffs if they want, no matter how much better other teams look in the regular season. I'm wondering how long they can keep doing it, but I'm also hoping they can surprise me in many seasons to come.

Code:

I've brainstormed several things that I think would help people on both sides of this question that I'm positive weren't actually done.

Non-finalists:
- win more
- do better research on baby goat physiology. I've seen it time and again, you think sacrificing any goat will better your odds but different breeds and body types really make a difference. First, the younger the better, hence the "baby" mentioned above. Second, what kind of creature would you think could help you get over the mountain that is the finals? That's right, a mountain goat. All kinds of mountainous goats can work, however they should be native to the general area surrounding whichever stadium your game is taking place. This means you can't get lazy and just ship a bunch of goats around with you, you have to arrive to an away game with enough time to send your designated goat hunter out to fetch the nearest, youngest goat possible. There are many other nuances to goat sacrifices, some of which delve into individual team secrets, that I won't get into here. Just know that with proper goat selection, you've already done 60% of the work.

Finalists:
- guard your goat selection secrets with your lives. You're doing something right, so don't give up that advantage to anyone. Watch out for opposition on the hunt and eliminate anyone tailing you for information.

Code:

a. I say Buffallo keep doing whatever they've been doing over the past couple seasons. They don't seems to have the overall best stats each season yet they do very well during playoffs. I didn't even think they'd get past the first few rounds because one of their opponents had a decently superior record against them in head-to-head stats, but they still made it.

b. I think offense may have an advantage here. Great defense works to prevent scoring, but you still have to get some offense out there to win a game. Like the Islanders have shown, stingy teams make a lot more 1-goal games with much less opportunities for error. One slip up and you could lose your overall advantage, which raises the stress level of games on average.

c. I kinda favor the steel hawks overall branding over the stampede. I like Hamilton's logo more, the hawk looks sharp and dangerous. However, I like Buffalo's name more, the whole name contributes to the branding imagery while the steelhawk's city doesn't allow that kind of addition. Overall, I think the logo edges out the name since imagery is more important and more memorable to us humans.

d. I'd have some fun and just go for pure offense. I'd go with Michael Scarn as the center for the large amount of special teams points. Monkey D. Luffy would be the right wing with their also-impressive special teams points and their highly effective, no-nonsense playstyle. Theo Morgan would take the left wing with their great offensive record. And to round it out, Alexander Selich would be the defender and use their passing skills to set up easy opportunities.

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3007792

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE

@Keenan, I think it's pretty neat how well you're taking the PT head mantle after hotdog stepped down. Nice work!

@hotdog, I think it's pretty neat how well you've taken off the PT head mantle after Keenan stepped up. Nice work!

@Zombiewolf, I'm glad to see positive change in the updating system during your peaceful takeover. I hope that they continue to be improvements in the seasons to come.

@"luketd", I'm glad you ran the league so well that people decided to make you commissioner to publicize you running the league!

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

1. 3 TPE (177 words)

I think looking back no one really expected the North Stars to be as good as we were. Being an afterthought in the Great Lakes, this year we really broke out and the final four run opened a lot of eyes. Ultimaly we lost in Game 7 OT, which was heartbreaking, and if im being honest still kind of stings but on the other hand I do not want to discredit the great run we had. I think with everything said and done, I am very proud of all the boys. We are still a young team and with another off-season under our belts, I think we will continue to grow into a powerhouse hopefully. Many people thought the assets we gave up for Adam Barron were a lot but I think this season proved otherwise. He leads the league in defenseman scoring and was an absolute stud on the back end. It was the exact type of piece we needed to make the jump and it has been a crazy experience having him on the team.

2. 2 TPE (112 words)

B every time for sure. It doesn’t matter if they have the extra skater because we can just take out their players. No penalties are huge and I think that outweighs the fact they will have an extra skater. Also, with no offsides, we can just send guys streaking and not have to worry about really anything. I really think this is a lopsided choice and I will be really curious about what others chose. For me, it was B 100% of the time. The no icing and offside is a cheat code and I feel like it would be a game of CHEL for the team. Very interesting rule change idea.

4. 3 TPE (212 words)

Like I said in the first prompt, I feel like our team The North Stars were so close to making the finals, some may say, one shot away but didn’t get the job done. I think a strong off season plus a strong IIHF tournament for our players will play a huge part in having success next season. The experience plus just the extra training will help our squad gain TPE and also experience. Overall I think we have a real shot at making the finals next season and hopefully winning the damn thing. Overall, I had a decent season in my opinion; with fully taking over 2C duties, my point total increased. I had a decent amount of assists (helps when you play with Bobby Lane), but I am hoping to get my goals up big time. I am hoping for a strong off-season and to bank some TPE so I can help put my team in a better position to win. Overall should have a better team on the ice next season, so I think with the overall improvement of the team, my player will improve too. I hope to have a 25-40 season for my team, and I honestly think it is possible with the right offseason training.

6. 3 TPE (161 words)

This year’s IIHF tournament will be the fourth one my player will be playing in. We had a very disappointing end to our tournament last year, as we lost the tie breaker for the last spot in the medal rounds. Not going to lie, that hurt because we thought we had a really solid squad. With that being said, I think we are returning a very solid roster and with the experience, we have, except Team Sweden to make it into the medal rounds and hopefully make a long run. The tournament has always been top-heavy with the powerhouses doing amazing, but this year is Team Sweden’s time to make some noise. The last tourney saw Sweden, come in fourth place and I think with the addition and growth of our players we can medal this next season. We are excited to see how this tournament plays out and hope to see what growth we as a roster can show.

12. 1 TPE: (53 words)
c. Not Buffalo just because I have a sour taste in my mouth from our series. No other reason I am choosing Hamilton other than we lost to Buffalo in the semifinals. Not trying to start any beef but I prefer HAM > BUF. Hopefully, this doesn’t start any beef on the site hahaha

Code: 15. Milestones, 1 TPE
+1 https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3012081

16. Written, 3 TPE
I just want to take this time and thank all my North Star teammates and all my friends around the league who were supporting us. After scoring with around 3 minutes left in a scoreless game 7, there were so many different people who reached out and congratulated me… it felt really nice and at times like that I am thankful to be a part of this community. Without getting long and soupy, I just again want to thank everyone who is a part of this league and helps run this great site.

Total: +16

[Image: gurbs.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 05:24 PM by Renomitsu.)

1. From my perspective, the Toronto North Stars were by far the most surprising part of the season. Part of this may be because I don’t pay particularly close attention to the league, but my understanding was that Hamilton, Chicago, and Buffalo were very firmly the top three teams in the entire league, let alone within the same division. It also became increasingly clear that one of CHI/BUF were going to miss the playoffs entirely in spite of having a top four record in the league. It helped me understand the frustrations of the Toronto North Stars over the last few seasons as a top 8-ish team that was clearly not making the playoffs strictly because of division alignment/FHM restrictions for playoff attendees. At the start of the season I didn’t pay much heed to the North Stars’ success, primarily because every sim engine does some funny stuff every once in a while. But they were head-and-shoulders the #1 team in the league for the first couple dozen games, and as someone who’s sat comfortably in a top three team in the league since my rookie debut, that was WEIRD.
[189 words, +3 TPE]

4. The only thing I can realistically do is continue to improve, earn well, and contribute a little to the interesting mix of personalities that inhabit the Buffalo LR. I wish we had won the cup this season (obviously), but ultimately Hamilton are the masters of the sim engine and have shown their prowess ever since we switched from STHS to FHM. I’ll keep on training hard during the off-season; there hasn’t been much deviation in my work ethic since I was drafted fifth overall, and I intend on paying forward the confidence Buffalo has put in me until I’m forced to go inactive or retire. I plan on diversifying Emilia’s game a little bit, perhaps to become more well-rounded since she’s currently great from a technical defensive standpoint but lacks physically and doesn’t do well on the opponent’s end of the ice. Otherwise, I plan on strictly molding my player based on team needs. I’ve heard defensive defenders are pretty rare in the SHL, so I plan on continuing to be valuable for the Stampede in that regard.
[178 words, +3 TPE, running total +6]

5. I’ve already mentioned the Toronto North Stars’ unexpected success, but that came at the expense of the Chicago Syndicate, last season’s champions. The Syndicate unbelievably didn’t make the playoffs in spite of having the 6th most points in the league and being part of what is by far the hardest division in the league. I think they have every right to be frustrated with the situation, as the Rage and Inferno (14 points and 26 points fewer, respectively) both made the playoffs in spite of playing in an easier division and having fewer wins. I wish there were a way to reform the playoff eligibility criteria to be independent of division provided how dominant HAM/BUF/CHI and now TOR are; it’ll continue to be a problem for at least a few more seasons.
[132 words, +2 TPE, running total +8]

12. a. Although the finals are finished, I think Buffalo needed to ensure that their best offensive players are matched up against some of Hamilton’s worst as much as possible. We have excellent high-end forwards and great defensive forwards on the third and fourth lines; our defenders are rock-solid throughout, and I think they can hold the line against even Hamilton’s best. [60]
b. I’m of the opinion that defense wins championships… when complemented by a good offense. I would normally lean towards a team that is built like Buffalo, but Hamilton have this uncanny ability to get the most out of their players, even if so many of them are regressing and they haven’t had a top-top draft pick in a number of seasons. The championship factory keeps churning, and I’m one to believe that they’ll contend for the championship… again… next season. [80]
c. I might be a little biased, but I love the Buffalo Stampede branding. Green on yellow doesn’t normally work well, but the logo is intricate and interesting (and the locker room used to have an animated image that would slowly draw the logo!). Plus, the players represent the Stampede uniformly and… interestingly – I think there are a lot of meme-proficient members of the team and while it can get them into minor trouble at times, I’d think the Stampede are overall received well from a visual and personal branding perspective. [90]
d. In overtime, I want the best of the best even if they’re tired – sadly, I’m not among that group right now as a relatively young player (~1250 TPE). I would most definitely send out either Bobby (Sharp) or Matt (Kholin) at center, and both Luffy and Hippo as the wings. My defensemen would be Selich and Wang, and of course Elizabeth Doyle would be minding the net. Those are all Buffalo players, but I think it’s well established that we have a talented team. [84]
[4 prompts all >50 words, +4 TPE, running total +12]

15. S58 Milestones [+3 TPE, running total +15]

16. I just wanted to give a huge thanks to the guys in the Buffalo LR, each of whom acclimated me very quickly to the league in spite of being a first generation player. They’re the only reason I am even close to top ten in my class, and they took the risk by drafting me fifth overall. This is in spite of the fact that they knew I was in medical school and would be incredibly busy with limited time to interact with them - and they're retaining me now in spite of the fact that I have residency coming up soon. Overall, I've immensely benefited from having a locker room as active as Buffalo's is and I hope they feel the same way about me! <3
@Mayuu @Tomen @TnlAstatine @Nerio @Kalakar @fishy @Ferda @ByrdeMan @Grum @Evok @Zombiewolf @Lime @Faelax @st4rface @Ragnar @WannabeFinn
[+1 TPE, running total +16]

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!