Create Account

S59 PT #4 All-Star Snub

PBE PT, Username is Sam

[Image: eandrews.png]

ISFL PT

ISFL PT Affiliate

[Image: hudson.png]

Like most people on the site I think Luffy getting robbed of being an all star is almost as bad as when the NHL tried to bury John Scott in the minor leagues so he couldn't participate in the festivities that he earned. Now unlike Scott, Luffy actually deserves to be there because of his skills that he has displayed for multiple seasons now. I understand that the voters didn't want to add another Buffalo forward to the roster but being over a point per game should put someone in the all star game no matter what. Luffy has been a key component in the success of Buffalo leading them on the ice and off of it as their captain, he has shown no signs of slowing down this season shooting at just a hair over 13% and is producing at even strength with 25 goals and on the power play with 4 goals.

[Image: macgriddlesig.png?ex=6531467b&is=651ed17...9ee2d84f&=]
Finland  Stars  Berserkers

PBE PT

[Image: Ugn5gZg.jpg]

PBE affiliate

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

This is such a hard thing for me to write about, because everyone that made the All-Star game is so deserving. Some would say that Luffy got snuffed or whatever, and who fucking cares, oh no my fake player in a fake league didn’t make the all-star game. No. One. Cares. Enjoy it being spread to the league and getting all teams involved instead of just two. Jesus, its so sad how serious sometimes people can take fake dots doing fake things and getting passed over for other fake dots doing fake things. HOW DARE TWO TAMPA BAY PLAYERS MAKE IT. THOSE FUCKING COCK SUCKERS. Either which way, I don’t think anyone was snubbed, so I guess if you had to say someone was snubbed it would be that Tampa Bay got snubbed by the sim, while their whole team should have made the all-star roster because Tampa is good and the rest of the league is just bad. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

(166 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

Looking through the all-star game rosters, it seems like some very solid choices. Going through the list of players that didn’t make it, there weren’t many that stuck out, except for one. That all-star snub is Mika Kandinsky.

As the leading scorer on the 5th best team, I’m not sure why Kandinsky was left off the ballot. Kandinsky was in the same ball park as Guy Zheng, Dick Clapper, and Ekko Von Otter, but all those players are on the same team and benefit from playing with each other. Kandinsky has been carrying the load without as much help and still putting up the same numbers and holding a positive plus/minus, unlike the other 3. There was no need to take all three Inferno players and leave the leading the scorer of the 5th best team off the all-star roster. There should be something said about helping lead your team into the top 5 in the league over players leading their team to 11th place. Again, no need to bring all three Inferno players and leave Kandinsky off.

(178 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2
Regular Season - [G 7] [A 13] [Pts 20] [+/- +27] [PIM 36] [Hits 37] [SB 125]
Playoffs - [G 0] [A 2] [Pts 2] [+/- +4] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 12]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

There were so many notable snubs this year. Monkey D. Luffy sure thinks he deserver to be there. Several great lakes teams seem to be disappointed that they are not the only ones in the all-star games. I think the real snub of this all-stars is Edmonton Blizzards Jon Forty-One. Edmonton was underrepresented in the all-stars with only one player, Julio Tokolosh, being selected from Edmonton. Back to Jon Forty-One, Jon is having a great season. Leading Edmonton in points with 51. 13 of those points are goals and 38 are assists. Jon Forty-One averages 20:44 time on the ice. He also has an average game rating of 69 which is clearly the perfect rating. Jon is a huge reason Edmonton is doing well this season and are second in their division. Like any real all-star candidate Jon Forty-One did not whine or complain that he was not selected. He congratulated his fellow teammate and other players that were selected. I hope Jon Forty-One has another great season next year and is a candidate for all-stars.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

PBE PT

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]

PBE PT

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

The all-star game is always a contentious selection throughout the Simulation Hockey League due to there being so many quality players every single season. So it is completely inevitable that some players who deserve to be selected will not just to the number of limited spots on the roster. This season I personally think that Nat Emerson from the Baltimore Platoon was deserving of a spot on the all-star team. Where his numbers the best in the league? No. Is he playing for a top caliber roster and stood out amongst even them? No. What Nat Emerson did though was make the switch from being a defenseman to being a forward in the final years of his career and in his first season post transition he is third on the team in points. I think that making the transition from stay at home stalwart defenseman to a top scorer on Baltimore with only one offseason of prep is really impressive and deserving of some recognition.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=663d5bb2&is=663c0a32&hm=7637...ae0e53216&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

I think Dragons defenseman Kaspars Claude is the biggest All-Star snub this season. He currently has 40 points through 54 games from the blue line, 13 goals, 27 assists, which is good for 7th overall in D scoring in the entire league and I believe 3rd or 4th in the Western Conference. He also has the most goals of any defenseman in the western conference and 4th most goals of any defenseman in the entire SHL. He's an absolute superstar for Calgary and runs the #1 powerplay unit. Those rankings league-wide and specifically in the west should have gotten him an all-star nomination. He also has 114 blocks which is pretty impressive on a contending team and also ranks high among playoff teams for defenseman blocks. I was really surprised to not see him named to the All-Star roster this season, he's a league superstar and deserves that kind of recognition. When he finishes among the top d scorers in the league at season end I think people will see what a big omission this was. Kaspars Claude is a stud. @Bruins10

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

PBE Affiliate

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

My player has been lucky enough to be selected to participate in the All-Star weekend for the past two seasons.  It's been fun and really appreciate being selected.  As for players who were snubbed, I don't know the stats well enough to have a solid argument one way or another but I would have loved to been able to play with and against some of my fellow S48 draftmates.  Players like Gabriel Johnson, Jon Forty-One, Kaspars Claude, my former defensive partner in New Orleans and my old St. Louis Scarecrow teammate Mika Kandinsky.  We are all getting older and starting to see the young bucks take over, would have been nice to skate with these guys again.  They are all having solid seasons on the respective teams, Gabe in Seattle, Jon in Edmonton, Kaspars in Calgary and Mika in Toronto.  Would have been really cool to see us all on the ice together.  Who knows, maybe next season we'll get the chance.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada