Create Account

S59 PT #4 All-Star Snub
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 06:48 PM by jtam.)

While I understand that there needs to be a balance and the festivities call for players from all teams to be a participant in the all-star game, I feel A. Jobin has been snubbed once again when it comes to being a dominant goaltender in the league. I believe that, just like the NHL All-Star games prior to the 3 on 3, they would bring 3 goaltenders per conference, and each goaltender would play a period. (Now, I think FHM doesn't allow that, understandable, but this is an all-star game, where everything is made up and the points don't matter). Jobin should be recognized alongside his fellow Hamilton teammates. Time and time again, A. Jobin’s contributions do not get the recognition he deserves. Posting the numbers he has, giving the team a chance to win every single night, the consistency to put up a high level of performance every game, his numbers should easily put him into the conversation for not only the All-Star Game, but awards as well.

[Image: 15Ng51w.png] [Image: S56Banner.png]

I think the biggest all-star snub is pretty obvious. It is clearly Monkey D Luffy. He is just the best. Scores the most goals, lets his teammates score the most goals. The guy is the best and should be on the team all alone. All kidding aside, to me the biggest all-star snub is my teammate Jax Aittokallio. I think the biggest thing working against him with the Manhattan Rage having a terrible season and trending in the opposite direction. His stats speak for themselves. As the only offensive weapon on the team, Jax scored over 30 goals. If he even had one other player who could help him out, I think he could've been a league leader. Even with the second leading scorer on the team having 38 points, Jax finished with 57 points. He carried the Manhattan Rage and it was disappointing seeing him on the outside looking in.

Code:
151 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

When it comes to being an all-star it takes both skills in both the physical side of the game as well as the mental side of the game. While I know little of the SHL All-Stars im sure there are some that were missed. In the J I believe the player that got snubbed was Roboute Guilliman. He has the ability to both score goals but also play great on defense. I think this was a missed opportunity for the all star teams. He also has a great reputation off the ice as being a reliable player and a great person for team moral. And on the ice as well he has a great eye for faceoffs which are often a very overlooked skill when it comes to defensive centers. So much so that the stats trackers dont even show it when you look at the Index website. But Guilliman is able to use all of these things to make a great player that I believe should have made it onto the All-Star Rosters.

[Image: 63526_s.gif]
[Image: pxjucze.png]          [Image: I3BTEQc.png] [Image: wW0VNnL.png]         [Image: vjZu62e.png]

I think answering this question is a lot harder now since i'd have to go back to when the all stars were posted and what everyone's stats were at that point, and its been quite a while since then with the regular season not over. Because of this Monkey D Luffy is the easy answer i'll go with as hotly discussed in the thread. If I remember right he had a lot more points than many people on the team but the downside was his corsi compared to his teammates and apparently his giveaways and takeaways, but then I believe it was pointed out that almost everyone on great lakes teams has bad giveaway and takeaway ratios since they always have the puck. I haven't checked this but it makes sense to me. I think at the end of the day its just whether you want to include as many teams as possible or just the best players in which case due to the nature of FHM will be mostly just the top teams. I also think you can make an argument for almost any player if you just cherry pick certain stats.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

Research is a dead art form, so at a glance I see some people mentioning Luffy as a snub and I'll agree with that. I don't know what the numbers look like, but he carries me in fantasy one season and I've gotta believe that was more of a rule than an exception. I've got an eye for good defenders, so I think I'm, in a way, uniquely qualified to judge such a thing a Luffy pretty much has it all. There's few that are as capable much less more capable so it's hard for me to reconcile his absence from the All-Star Roster. Hopefully he's not too down about it. I know that working hard and having it pay off feels great but then you keep up that production expecting consistent recognition but sometimes it doesn't work that way. I believe this will be rectified next season. He'll work harder, and play any better. He won't leave any doubt in anyone's minds.

[Image: bXyuiQK.png?2]
Alucard,Apr 14 2016, 03:33 PM Wrote:May the harvest be with you, young spud.
enigmatic,Aug 26 2016, 10:05 AM Wrote:Jedi could have 1 TPE and still improve any team [Image: ashamed0001.gif]
[Image: uyTKBKH.png]
[Image: jSQTZY7.png]

First ever Norwegian IIHF Goal!!
Code:
2. Team Norway , Jackson Rodgers-Tanaka 1 (Isabella Esparza-Osvaldson, Aleksander Andrezjeck) at 5:50

Special Thanks to Count Chocula for the Hugo G sig <3

the biggest all star snub was golden face, from the los angeles panthers. while michael scarn made the shl all star game, his life long arch nemesis golden face was not named to the shl all star roster which may prove to be a very costly mistake by the shl all star committee. golden face has a reputation for creating evil plots to destroy and blow up all star games, as he plotted to do at the nhl all star game many years ago. michael scarn fortunately was there to save the day, and that was actually when michael scarn learned to play hockey in order to participate in the all star game. now, michael scarn will be extremely distracted in the all star game because golden face will likely be looming in the background, plotting to blow up the entire building while michael scarn also has to pay attention to playing on the ice.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 07:56 PM by Grum.)

I don't actually care about missing the all star roster. I don't even remember the numbers I was putting up at the time and I know I had surge of stats near the end of the season so I could have very well missed out because my player was bad but for the sake of doing this pt, I'm gonna say Nicholas Owens should have made the all star roster. I'm also gonna use end of the season numbers cause why not! It's hard to argue against a defensemen who is 4th in defensemen points to go along with great shot blocking and hitting stats to boot. On an extremely talented and stacked star studded Buffalo Stampede team that was able to reach 50 wins, Owens distinguished himself as the 2nd best defensemen and that was only because he was playing behind the best defensemen in the entire league. It's also quite impressive that he was able to get 55 points considering he didn't see much power play time at the beginning of the season, only earning that once proving himself on the ice.

The obvious All star snub this season was the right winger for the Buffalo Stampede, Jaska Seppala, Jaska Seppala was almost a point per game player this season which is just crazy cause not many players are points per game player. His plus minus was an insane +58 which was the sixth best in the entire league. He scored 34 goals this season which was better than one every other game. He played a clean game with only 15 penalty minutes, five of those were because of a fight that he lost ): His shooting percentage was over 15% and did this all while only playing 19.5 minutes a game with hardly any power play time. If anybody deserves to be in the all star game it is him. For sure deserves it over the other Buffalo Stamede players. If we are looking at advanced stats Jaska Seppala had a GF/6o of 4.7 which sounds good idk what that means but you know it looks good

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

PBE Affiliate - http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...t&p=314212

I'm going to pile on and agree with the shout for Monkey D. Luffy as an All-Star snub. The Buffalo Stampede right winger put up a very impressive season, finishing 8th overall in the league in points with 77 through the 66 regular season games. Among those 77 points were 39 goals on a very impressive 14.1% shooting percentage. Luffy also finished with a +18 on the season and was generally a terror for opposing teams. It seems that the scoring prowess of his teammates Aron Hernadivic and Matt Kholin overshadowed Luffy's performance in the eyes of the All-Star Committee and with new rules meaning every team in the league is represented on the All-Star rosters, Luffy was an unfortunate casualty of the new process. Though Buffalo fans and indeed the Buffalo players themselves will feel Luffy's season has gone unrewarded, there are many others that are pleased with the new direction and inclusiveness of the new All-Star format.

Code:
159 words

PBE PT Affiliation

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

The biggest snub clearly was Monkey D Luffy. Ignoring all the stats because that week has come and gone and the season is over now, so at this point the stats no longer relevant to the All star team, but, it has to, has to be Monkey D Luffy. Just going based on my own personal biases, he is better than at least one of the tampa bay players selected, if not better than both of them. Also trella was not looking ideal with his comments, but I will leave it at that. Yea, I wish that this had remained at 75 words, because I am really feeling the extreme difficulty as this slowly continues on. I am still under one hundred and fifty words, but wow, at this pace perhaps I will be able to manage this strenuous task. Finally, in summary, to reiterate, Monkey D. Luffy, of the Buffalo Sabres, a playoff team in the Great Lakes division, was the biggest all star snub of the season.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

I very biased, and am definitely looking inward when I say that Karlstrabbe Scholz or Cassius Darrow deserved a spot on the all-star roster. I think there are some d-men that could stand to be ahead of them, but there were some odd choices on the back-end. I feel like the all-star game should prioritize offence--it is a game for excitement and to celebrate impressive performances. So in no disrespect to someone like Bjerg, but their induction to the all-star game was very "block" and "hit" focused.

So this is where I feel either Schols or Darrow could slide in. Scholz blocked and hit at a similar rate to "defence" heavy players but still put up 45 points. Darrow had closer to 30 points, but that is still impressive compared to others given his defensive game still held up. These stats are all based on after-the-season stuff but I think the moral is clear here. I think the question also needs to be asked why Claude was held off the list if not for other teams being represented. He was the top scoring d-man on the 2nd best regular season team.

In the end I don't think there are any real issues if I'm not specifically looking for them in the rosters, and those who had cases to make it in aren't necessarily worth more than those who did make it in. Except for Luffy. Luffy snubbed.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

there is much to be desired when looking towards the all-star game at times, and that's when you are missing a lot of the talent that circulates around the league. There are no john scotts of the league and trying to fit in every team to represent the entirety of the league is hard to do and a fair share of people are going to the snub and that's going to be okay. While it is good to have more representation in the allstar game to bring more to it for everybody, it should only be the elite of the elite no matter what colors they wear during the regular season. It sucks in some ways but I mean you just gotta be the best of the best to show up and if you aren't then you aren't an all-star so why would john scotts get in except for the memes.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 08:42 PM by juke.)

Having to use the end of the season numbers on the index instead of the stats at the time of all stars being announced means that some of these may not have been snubs at the time, so I'll phrase it as here's one forward, defenseman, and goalie that 'had all-star seasons but didn't make the roster.' For goalie, I'm going with Nicolae Antonescu. Antonescu led all starters in save percentage, just beating out Carpy by .001, and posted an impressive > .500% win percentage on an SFP team that was still starting the season as one of the lower TPE rosters. They played a large part of SFP's surge towards the middle of the standings this season. For forwards, I'll take the easy route and say Luffy. Luffy ended the season at number 8 in points with less TOI than everyone above him, and was excellent on the powerplay this season. His 39 goals was good for 4th place in the league. And for defense I would remain in Buffalo and pick Luff'ys teammate Nicholas Owens. Owens was very reliable for the Stampede, playing a mixture of powerplay and penalty killing minutes, and ended up 4th place among defenseman in points scored. Despite the offensive production, he still managed to get 143 hits and 181 shot blocks, the latter being good for 11th in the league.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92