Create Account

WJC Announcement

05-17-2021, 03:10 PMartermis Wrote:
05-17-2021, 02:49 PMSlashACM Wrote: Bruh what do you mean this is the first season with eligiblity lists
He said the first time in his tenure.

The list fell into a state of disrepair after we left.

Yeah but like that list was imperative to my job lol I would check all the rosters for actives and stuff

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

05-17-2021, 03:37 PMSlashACM Wrote:
05-17-2021, 03:10 PMartermis Wrote: He said the first time in his tenure.

Yeah but like that list was imperative to my job lol I would check all the rosters for actives and stuff
yeye

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

There was most definitely a list last season (only season I can really say anything about) and was most definitely up to date, I know there were some slight mistakes but nothing that effected me or my team at least, If anything the issue was the timing of everything. But with that timing and slight mistakes that is why the sheet was redeveloped and is already ready. Which is what I'm assuming he's saying, that its the first time it was redeveloped during his tenure.

On the other hand I'm not HO and fuck if I speak for Ace so I might be big dumdum

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

we can all keep track of things ourselves, but having one source of truth on the matter is better in every way.
Also, I'm doing this as an IIHF co-head, cant imagine a WJC head will have been keeping track of this before they're hired.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

05-17-2021, 06:29 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
05-17-2021, 03:37 PMSlashACM Wrote: Yeah but like that list was imperative to my job lol I would check all the rosters for actives and stuff
we can all keep track of things ourselves, but having one source of truth on the matter is better in every way.
Also, I'm doing this as an IIHF co-head, cant imagine a WJC head will have been keeping track of this before they're hired.

I mean it was easy to clear our the over agers and call ups and add the new guys but it was a bitch to load in to everyone's user profile and see if they're active or not. So if they don't do that then it should be ezpz

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

05-17-2021, 01:50 PMFluw Wrote:
05-17-2021, 12:43 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: Why is the spreadsheet constantly hid and “redeveloped” each season. Like you can’t convince me that you’re doing the best care of player management if your recreating the wheel every season. I don’t feel as though Czechia is being victimized and have never said those words. What I do feel is that WJC HO, and you particularly aren’t doing your best job. How are you basing teams numbers from the Trade deadline when you know an influx of players will be coming in for the next draft. I’m asking you to provide numbers more clearly and communicate with IIHF. We have a direct effect of actions from WJC to IIHF for players.

I can't speak on the spreadsheet being changed every season or "redeveloped" as you put it, as this is my second season on the HO team. Also it really is unfair to say that we aren't particularly doing our best jobs, as really we are attempting to do our best to put together a functional and working WJC, and being as fair as possible to all parties involved.

Additionally, It's really not possible to base teams on speculation of how many players "might" create after the trade deadline when basing the numbers of teams, these things need to be done in advance or else things become a scramble, and the WJC becomes an unstructured mess.

When considering expanding the WJC to more teams, the sheet needs to be updated, and a real look into each teams current numbers need to be taken into account, not based on speculation or future events as that is unpredictable. Everyone from the HO, simmers, file workers and GMs need time to perform their duties rather than have everything be rushed at the end, leading to mistakes from all parties and a majority of people displeased.

Again it really isn't fair to criticize us and say we aren't doing our best when you don't know the half of the work or hours we spent trying to make changes to the WJC to make the experience better. Is there room for improvement? Of course there is! That is why feedback is essential.

So Blast I get the frustration, and from what I can see is that you truly care which you have earned my respect for. What I can say is, as I said earlier, this is just the beginning for the WJC, and my plans for it. I will have a discussion with the other members of HO to see if we can create guidelines of what it would take for a nation to earn a team based on player numbers in the WJC so that it is transparent to each federation head, so that rather than being the dark you have something to go off of.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to DM me on here or discord and I would be down to talk with you on a more personal level.

I’ve watched what the WJC has put out for the last 20 seasons and been involved with sim system management the whole time I’m fully aware of the roles and duties that need to take place with their timing, thanks for the points on what that to make happen though.

I will issue you my apologies as you may be giving your full effort so it’s not fair to me to say all of WJC HO, but I know @Ace is not after the repeated blunders from this and previous jobs. This site clearly has so many brilliant minds, why are we still manually rifling though internet pages and collecting Player data?

This is why I’m frustrated, we’ve been spinning the same wheel with a new paint of coat on it each season. Sometimes that coat of paint is dookie brown. Player Management and tracking shouldn’t be as hard as we continually make it. The IIHF and WJC need to get in function with the SMJHL Ho and make a single source of truth for player data. EVERY player that is eligible for the SMJHL Draft has a Home nation, even if it may be unassigned. I for one am thankful for the work I’ve seen done by @roastpuff as the New IIHF Commissioner.

As WJC HO y’all can’t just communicate with the IIHF HO and call it a day. SMHJL HO doesn’t get to only communicate with SHL HO and leave the SHL GMs in the dark.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

05-17-2021, 06:29 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
05-17-2021, 03:37 PMSlashACM Wrote: Yeah but like that list was imperative to my job lol I would check all the rosters for actives and stuff

I keep Czechia’s players and each season in the past I have messaged Duffy in Russia to communicate my WJC Eligible players and Russia’s, so we know that we can provide the UCORCAL GM, who has been “Russian”ost of the past seasons, with the information we have.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

05-17-2021, 06:41 PMBlastmeaway Wrote:
05-17-2021, 01:50 PMFluw Wrote: I can't speak on the spreadsheet being changed every season or "redeveloped" as you put it, as this is my second season on the HO team. Also it really is unfair to say that we aren't particularly doing our best jobs, as really we are attempting to do our best to put together a functional and working WJC, and being as fair as possible to all parties involved.

Additionally, It's really not possible to base teams on speculation of how many players "might" create after the trade deadline when basing the numbers of teams, these things need to be done in advance or else things become a scramble, and the WJC becomes an unstructured mess.

When considering expanding the WJC to more teams, the sheet needs to be updated, and a real look into each teams current numbers need to be taken into account, not based on speculation or future events as that is unpredictable. Everyone from the HO, simmers, file workers and GMs need time to perform their duties rather than have everything be rushed at the end, leading to mistakes from all parties and a majority of people displeased.

Again it really isn't fair to criticize us and say we aren't doing our best when you don't know the half of the work or hours we spent trying to make changes to the WJC to make the experience better. Is there room for improvement? Of course there is! That is why feedback is essential.

So Blast I get the frustration, and from what I can see is that you truly care which you have earned my respect for. What I can say is, as I said earlier, this is just the beginning for the WJC, and my plans for it. I will have a discussion with the other members of HO to see if we can create guidelines of what it would take for a nation to earn a team based on player numbers in the WJC so that it is transparent to each federation head, so that rather than being the dark you have something to go off of.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to DM me on here or discord and I would be down to talk with you on a more personal level.

I’ve watched what the WJC has put out for the last 20 seasons and been involved with sim system management the whole time I’m fully aware of the roles and duties that need to take place with their timing, thanks for the points on what that to make happen though.

I will issue you my apologies as you may be giving your full effort so it’s not fair to me to say all of WJC HO, but I know @Ace is not after the repeated blunders from this and previous jobs. This site clearly has so many brilliant minds, why are we still manually rifling though internet pages and collecting Player data?

This is why I’m frustrated, we’ve been spinning the same wheel with a new paint of coat on it each season. Sometimes that coat of paint is dookie brown. Player Management and tracking shouldn’t be as hard as we continually make it. The IIHF and WJC need to get in function with the SMJHL Ho and make a single source of truth for player data. EVERY player that is eligible for the SMJHL Draft has a Home nation, even if it may be unassigned. I for one am thankful for the work I’ve seen done by @roastpuff as the New IIHF Commissioner.

As WJC HO y’all can’t just communicate with the IIHF HO and call it a day. SMHJL HO doesn’t get to only communicate with SHL HO and leave the SHL GMs in the dark.

im confused. are you mad about czechia not having a team or that there's a new player list?

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

05-17-2021, 07:37 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
05-17-2021, 06:41 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: I’ve watched what the WJC has put out for the last 20 seasons and been involved with sim system management the whole time I’m fully aware of the roles and duties that need to take place with their timing, thanks for the points on what that to make happen though.

im confused. are you mad about czechia not having a team or that there's a new player list?

The farmer

05-17-2021, 07:37 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
05-17-2021, 06:41 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: I’ve watched what the WJC has put out for the last 20 seasons and been involved with sim system management the whole time I’m fully aware of the roles and duties that need to take place with their timing, thanks for the points on what that to make happen though.

Mad that the current list is not up to date and therefore Czechia does not have a team.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

@Frostbite for new WJC Commish

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

#FreeCzechia

05-17-2021, 06:41 PMBlastmeaway Wrote:
05-17-2021, 01:50 PMFluw Wrote: I can't speak on the spreadsheet being changed every season or "redeveloped" as you put it, as this is my second season on the HO team. Also it really is unfair to say that we aren't particularly doing our best jobs, as really we are attempting to do our best to put together a functional and working WJC, and being as fair as possible to all parties involved.

This site clearly has so many brilliant minds, why are we still manually rifling though internet pages and collecting Player data?

Cuz that's all I knew and it wasn't a problem.

Player management wasn't difficult, and in fact I actually looked forward to updating the sheet every season manually.

i play with them a lot.
HIRE ARTY

05-18-2021, 12:17 PMartermis Wrote:
05-17-2021, 06:41 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: This site clearly has so many brilliant minds, why are we still manually rifling though internet pages and collecting Player data?

Player management wasn't difficult, and in fact I actually looked forward to updating the sheet every season manually.

Yeah for me it was checking activity and there aren't too many eligible players for wjc anyway. I had to make calls I don't think a bot could like "oh theyre 'active' but all they did was shitpost twice and no ACs or anything so I'm not gonna force a team to play them over a better ia"

05-18-2021, 12:17 PMartermis Wrote:
05-17-2021, 06:41 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: This site clearly has so many brilliant minds, why are we still manually rifling though internet pages and collecting Player data?

Also, for the record, I'm not speaking out against any improvement of the sheet, including automation.

I'm just stating that I can't see any issue with how the sheet is being handled, starting this season at least.

When I was IIHF commish/WJC HO we'd run the numbers and decided teams at the trade deadline, so we could use the last full draft class in the calculations, with job apps to go up near the beginning of playoffs.

i play with them a lot.
HIRE ARTY