Create Account

S59 IIHF Opening Post
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2021, 01:12 PM by roastpuff.)

S59 IIHF Opening Post

Hello and welcome to the S59 IIHF Hockey Tournament! This year the tournament will be held in beautiful Tallinn, Estonia against the stunning backdrop of the Baltic Sea. Please be sure to visit the sights of Tallinn during your free time, such as the Old Town, which is the best preserved medieval town in Europe, and the Open Air Estonian Museum which showcases rural Estonian life. Thank you to all the graphic artists who participated in the IIHF Wallpaper Contest (Link Here) which have provided some extremely inspiring wallpapers to suit your country of choice (please go vote if you haven't!), and we hope that the excitement level continues to go up during the tournament.

This year, the two Groups will have some exciting matchups between some powerhouse countries, and some nations that look to surprise whomever underestimates them.

In Group A, we have:

Canada Team Canada - the previous tournament’s gold medal winner, and the perennial favourite.  Canada

Germany Team Germany - this team has had some ups and downs, but can still surprise you if you take them lightly!  Germany

Sweden Team Sweden - young and packed full of rising stars, Team Sweden looks to show off their talent this tournament! Sweden

Japan Team Japan - under new management, this team is in the process of revitalizing themselves after a medal round appearance a couple of seasons ago. Japan

norway Team Norway - another Nordic country that has young talent, they are small but active! norway

Ireland Team Ireland  - boasting a world-class netminder in Elizabeth Doyle, Ireland is a feisty team that'll kick your ass but then hand you a beer! Ireland

Finland Team Finland - Not to be outdone by Elizabeth Doyle, Harry Carpet is the backstop of the Finnish squad, and he is one tough guy to get the puck past! Finland

In Group B, we have:

Uk Team Great Britain - the only Queen they need is the song We Are the Champions.  Uk

Usa Team USA - USA! USA! USA! Do I need to say more? Usa

Switzerland Team Switzerland - usually scrupulously neutral, this team definitely isn’t. Switzerland

Czechia Team Czechia - is Bestia, as they say. With an unbroken elimination round streak, Czechia is a serious contender.  Czechia

Russia Team Russia - honestly one of my favourite anthems, and a rising team that seeks to prove itself.  Russia

Austria Team Austria - after a couple of down seasons, Team Austria has stocked up on new young talent and is going to be scary in a few more seasons! Austria

Latvia Team Latvia - a super tight-knit group, Team Latvia has the capacity to play spoiler to any other team that might need that extra point. Watch out! Latvia

We look forward to seeing these fourteen teams put their best players on the ice and to have them compete for the IIHF Gold Medal! Good luck to all the teams, and we’ll see you at the closing post, which will also double as an awards ceremony for the best goaltender, best forward, best defenders, and for the medals to be awarded!

481 words, double media week

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

05-26-2021, 01:11 PMroastpuff Wrote: Usa Team USA - USA! USA! USA! Do I need to say more? Usa

I think you're short a couple USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

HEJA SVERIGE

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2021, 01:15 PM by TnlAstatine.)

Canada

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2021, 01:20 PM by Bfine.)

Japan Japan  Japan

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Ireland

[Image: bloomfield.png]
[Image: NEW_Team_final.png][img=0x280]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/789216032630898779/789216043259265024/unknown.png?width=1103&height=613[/img]

Canada Canada Canada

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

[Image: 682361783712874533.png?v=1]

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

we'll bring cheese, chocolate, and an alien ready to probe the enemy so watch out

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Finland

Also go vote in that IIHF graphics contest if you haven't already. First round ends tomorrow. @roastpuff & I still have a little surprise for you at the end of the contest.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Can you say more about how we're gonna win? thanks

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

05-26-2021, 01:11 PMroastpuff Wrote: Ireland Team Ireland  - boasting a world-class netminder in Elizabeth Doyle, Ireland is a feisty team that'll kick your ass but then hand you a beer! Ireland

triggered and reported

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

[Image: 682361783712874533.png?v=1]

05-26-2021, 01:33 PMCarpy48 Wrote: Finland

Also go vote in that IIHF graphics contest if you haven't already. First round ends tomorrow. @roastpuff & I still have a little surprise for you at the end of the contest.

candy???

05-26-2021, 02:01 PMgolden_apricot Wrote:
05-26-2021, 01:33 PMCarpy48 Wrote: Finland

candy???

I should've said a surprise for the people that are part of the contest, but sure, if you want candy I'm sure our commish can find some somewhere.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]