Create Account

Announcement regarding mPTs

06-28-2021, 04:56 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
06-28-2021, 03:53 PMAce Wrote: Can we just do away with them and give 4 TPE for a 200 word PT?

That's 25 more words no thanks

You’re already 24% of the way there tho. Add this sentence and the last one, that’s 25 extra words. Done.

I like this change, Ive always found the nickel and dime extra TPE for some people to be a little stupid. The extra effort is cool, good for them, but that’s a lot of extra work for the PT team and you can’t really be objective (which is basically the rest of PT grading I assume). The change makes sense.
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2021, 05:27 PM by Ruggsy.)

06-28-2021, 05:24 PMGCool Wrote:
06-28-2021, 04:56 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: That's 25 more words no thanks

You’re already 24% of the way there tho. Add this sentence and the last one, that’s 25 extra words. Done.

I like this change, Ive always found the nickel and dime extra TPE for some people to be a little stupid. The extra effort is cool, good for them, but that’s a lot of extra work for the PT team and you can’t really be objective (which is basically the rest of PT grading I assume). The change makes sense.

I don't get the jump from extra tpe for mpts to none at all. I don't aim for getting any extra but I still really like the mPT's. And I think diversifying TPE gaining activities only helps the site experience. If the issue is a lack of ideas, or that its too much effort for the team to grade the mPTs regularly then sure I could understand getting rid of them.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

Give us picture chain

[Image: 336.jpg]

wheres kit we need to start a revolution to combat tpe inflation

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

06-28-2021, 05:31 PMPingy Pingu Wrote: wheres kit we need to start a revolution to combat tpe inflation

Every time someone says TPE inflation I increase the starting TPE for rookies by 5

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

06-28-2021, 04:29 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Fwiw I prefer more short tasks than fewer long ones, I'd rather write 100 words twice on two different topics than 200 on one topic. I always enjoyed the mPTs as competitive silliness

I agree wtih ACC, its a bit easier to knock out a couple short prompts then one huge one, and the short ones are usually fun to do honestly cause they get to be so random.

06-28-2021, 05:27 PMRuggsy Wrote:
06-28-2021, 05:24 PMGCool Wrote: You’re already 24% of the way there tho. Add this sentence and the last one, that’s 25 extra words. Done.

I don't get the jump from extra tpe for mpts to none at all. I don't aim for getting any extra but I still really like the mPT's. And I think diversifying TPE gaining activities only helps the site experience. If the issue is a lack of ideas, or that its too much effort for the team to grade the mPTs regularly then sure I could understand getting rid of them.

I'm sure you're presenting a hypothetical but I want to use this chance to clear up any confusion about my original post. mPTs are staying, the extra tpe is not. So now it's like PTs, you either hit the requirement or you don't, no bonuses. GCool hit the nail on the head, this week especially it was very difficult to determine who went above and beyond when 25% of the users posted 4x the minimum word count. Instead of a select user group to get bonuses on mPTs, I will look for another easy task that everyone can do to get an extra tpe in its place. I'm thinking trivia or posting pictures or something super minimal because I want to go more of a creative writing route with mPTs and PTs.

This didn't have a lot to do with your reply lol I just wanted to say all this to get it out there. Wrote a whole damn novel I feel like RED

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

I’m going on a Wendy’s run.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

06-28-2021, 05:38 PMSlashACM Wrote:
06-28-2021, 05:27 PMRuggsy Wrote: I don't get the jump from extra tpe for mpts to none at all. I don't aim for getting any extra but I still really like the mPT's. And I think diversifying TPE gaining activities only helps the site experience. If the issue is a lack of ideas, or that its too much effort for the team to grade the mPTs regularly then sure I could understand getting rid of them.

I'm sure you're presenting a hypothetical but I want to use this chance to clear up any confusion about my original post. mPTs are staying, the extra tpe is not. So now it's like PTs, you either hit the requirement or you don't, no bonuses. GCool hit the nail on the head, this week especially it was very difficult to determine who went above and beyond when 25% of the users posted 4x the minimum word count. Instead of a select user group to get bonuses on mPTs, I will look for another easy task that everyone can do to get an extra tpe in its place. I'm thinking trivia or posting pictures or something super minimal because I want to go more of a creative writing route with mPTs and PTs.

This didn't have a lot to do with your reply lol I just wanted to say all this to get it out there. Wrote a whole damn novel I feel like RED

Please do not add another point task.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

8 tpe for a weekly ac, 2 tpe for a 200 word media. No more money. Flat 500 tpe hard cap across the board. Get On My Hockey Level.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

06-28-2021, 05:55 PMwumaduce Wrote: 8 tpe for a weekly ac, 2 tpe for a 200 word media. No more money. Flat 500 tpe hard cap across the board. Get On My Hockey Level.

Imagine bringing back GOMHL with FHM

I approved it btw. If 25% of the SHL userbase goes above and beyond I dont want 1 extra TPE handed out to 25% of the userbase. TPE Inflation is a thing from a couple of reasons

Easier to earn money to allow more people to buy coaching
An average of 7 extra days added onto the season since we switched to FHM, allow 1 more extra week of AC + Training. So over 10 seasons that is an extra 70 TPE before regression
FHM is more predictive than STHS(hopefully with parity it can be brought down), but it allows for a couple extra TPE a season
Since we got rid of the TPE cap of 40/40, it allowed everyone to do all the TPE for like 43-46 TPE instead
An added extra day to the Training camp, so +3 TPE a season(this was due to the fact that we got rid of milestones directly for TPE, which also helped with the spike of TPE)

When the participation TPE was introduced it was in the PT Cap era, where no matter what the Cap was at 40, so getting an extra TPE or so could help you not do a PT, or skip another mPT

Now Im saying that TPE Inflation isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially as the TPE to get to the SHL in the FHM era than the STHS Era, but all the little things add up.

Just on the extra 3 TPE from training camp and the extra 7 days onto the season, equates to an extra 100 TPE over 10 seasons. Then the 3-6 TPE each season since the PT Cap was removed, the 1 TPE from the mpT, etc,etc. Then it gets out of hand.

Now HO wants to cut the seasons back down to around 58-60 days instead of the 63 days we are seeing. As parity increases in the league then hopefully the more predictive results are more of a tossup, decreasing that. The training camp is something we did in order to shift TPE around from milestones. But the major thing will probably be increasing regression.

If the max TPE you could earn in a season 10 seasons ago was around 180TPE, now its 190-200. So if you are a 2k player you dont lose any TPE.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

06-28-2021, 05:55 PMwumaduce Wrote: 8 tpe for a weekly ac, 2 tpe for a 200 word media. No more money. Flat 500 tpe hard cap across the board. Get On My Hockey Level.

Oh god the idea has escaped the DMs

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

06-28-2021, 05:45 PMMike Izzy Wrote: I’m going on a Wendy’s run.
Could you get me a frosty and a small fries?

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

@luketd you make some good points about reducing tpe. I understand your reasoning behind not giving extra tpe to 25% of the site through the mpt but then how can giving away extra tpe to 25% of the league (sometimes up to 10 extra tpe each season) through fantasy be justifiable when some members are clearly take more time and effort to scout out players to select for fantasy and go above and beyond? Will extra tpe awards from this also be considered for removal this season?

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars