Create Account

S60 PT #3.5: Appreciation

I have been on this site for a while and shared my appreciation for my teamates and other users in the past some times. On my newest stint, the one I am the most involved in so far, I get to appreciate some of my former friends, friends I met on other sites and also got to know a whole bunch of new people. I appreciate how Atlanta Locker room quickyl became a small fellowship where every user is respectful, funny and can share anything from happy to sad, from funny to serious. Then I also got drafted in a new Junior organisation, the Raptors. I had been a Knight guy on my last 2 players and was a bit afraid of the unknown. I was wrong. This has been a really positive thing for my own personnal user experience, and then again got to meet the new "veteran users" of the site as well as welcoming a bunch of new rookies to the site and mesh with them. I would like to tag @everyone on the site to tell them they are mostly awesome and that if we ever had any past intereaction between you and I, you can be sure I recall it as positive. Shout outs to my locker rooms, to my fanclub, and to the other discords where I can interact with you guys.

For @Ragnar, im gonna win the cup. Thanks for supporting me.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

My companions in Newfounland where I got my start are a great bunch. I cannot say enough about Nhamlet and Matty. They are extremely helpful, patient, and great people to communicate with no matter the reason. I have always found everyone here to be very welcoming, in both the Newfoundland & Winnipeg locker rooms. Kez is the best of the best, and is always positive despite how things are going with the sim. I appreciate his willingness to involve me in things beyond the monotony of simply being a league player. Strom in Winnipeg is another great user with a great attitude. I get along really well with TheSparkyDee whenever I need a laugh. Aside from the 2 squads I have been a part of, the entire WJC community has been amazing. From Ace to the GMs to the Simmers to the players, the WJC is an incredible group of people. I hope to continue building these relationships for many seasons to come.

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2021, 01:01 PM by dmills3.)

First and foremost, I have to thank @Luketd for picking me up when I first joined the league and had friendly banter with me about the Penguins, you're the reason I even made an update page.

Next, I have to talk about the S47 Whalers squad. @SecondSucks22 you're one of my best friends on the site and some of the dumb shit we'd talk about in Van at like 3 in the morning was fucking hilarious. @aaronwilson even though you weren't really LR active, thank you for doing so much to help Luke behind the scenes in VAN, as well as in hammy. You're one of the main reasons hallsy drafted me to ham too so thank you. @Otrebor13 you've always been there for me whenever i needed to talk to someone and I'm glad we were able to get you on Ham when it was initially aaron, jax, and myself and you were the odd man out lmao. @Inf1d3l even though i didn't talk to you as much early in my time in van, I've enjoyed every talk we've had since then about the pens, about your job, and whatever the fuck else

Staying on VAN, I appreciate all the people I've drafted and managed in vancouver and there's way too many of you guys to mention but @Dextaria @boom @Pythonic @Skeleton Party @kenvald @puolivalmiste @DELIRIVM @MN_Moosey @Nokazoa @mee @Kraagenskul @Arkz

onto my hammy peeps. god there's so many to mention so i'm bound to miss someone and if I do, I appreciate you too and I didn't mean to forget you <3 @Gwdjohnson @Hallsy @DrunkenTeddy @golden_apricot @nour @bluesfan55 @JSS @RotticusScott @HanTheMan_ @Waters @Gooney @Jobin @notorioustig I appreciate all of you and thank you for being great friends, game buddies, and everything else

outside of both teams i'm a part of, I'm appreciative of @Ferda @jeffie43 @Briedaqueduc @Naosu @JayWhy (RMU buddy) @trella @goldenglutes @RedCapeDiver (birthday buddy) @SDCore @Kalakar @reid @Aephino @Leppish and I know there's many more great people out there that i'm forgetting but I promise you it isn't intentional <3

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks

PBE PT

I haven’t really connected with anyone yet, due to a lot of big life things happening just after I signed up for the SHL. However, I just wanted to give a big shoutout to all the people in the Vancouver Whalers locker room. Everyone there is super friendly and welcoming, and I could not imagine being introduced to this league and the whole concept of sim players with a different group. A couple standouts are El Capitan Sven Svechnikov, who is always willing to talk and answer dumb questions. Dex, for all he does in the locker room to keep it popping. Also Python, for basically the same thing as Dex. Almost forgot the Rocket League Recruitment team with Dex and Python, which is doing very well with a success rate of zero. Finally, my linemates, the Ragnarsson boys. We’ve done some good things together, and hopefully we can cap it off with lifting the Cup at the end of this season.

In my short amount of time on this site I have been greeted and welcomed by many people both in the locker room and on the ice. The Vancouver Whaler's especially have been incredibly friendly, homely, and helpful during my rookie seasons. I never could have imagined that such people could be as remarkable as those on this site and in this league. A few people of note are my captain and friend @steveoiscool, he helped bring me into this league and continuously mentors me and helps me grow to be the best forward I can. @taterswc also helped bring me into the league and has been a very encouraging teammate/lineman. Our GM @Dextaria has been so helpful and has given me the chance to shine in the sport I love. All of these amazing friends and teammates have made this so enjoyable and keep me coming back each week. I couldnt do it without them.

[Image: manh_sig6.png?width=499&height=542][Image: lebedev-sig.gif]

I always have a lot of people to thank in these kinds of posts, but I am going to focus on a few of the newer people I have gotten to know in the past few weeks/months.

@bdu754 @lespoils @Blasoon you guys are amazing recent (ish) additions to Seattle, and I love your LR presense. Could talk to you folks (and everyone else) for hours, I cant say enough about ya.

@notorioustig thanks for teaching me GMing, I am really liking it, and stepping into a management role from one in site HO has really revitalized how much I love that side of things. I am super excited for the future, and am stoked to be managing it with you. Now please let me trade @Gwdjohnson

I haven't shouted out my employees in a while, so great job to @leafsftw1967, @hhh81, @"TommySalami", @karlssens, @SDCore, @"VRTX L4S3R", @RomanesEuntDomus, and @Buster (i guess) for being awesome people to talk to, as well as dedicated members of the Awards committee. I feel like we have been doing a good job lately, and want you all to know I appreciate you, as well as like you all a lot.

Obligatory shoutout to the s53 homies @roastpuff @Rangerjase @Nhamlet @sve7en @jeffie43 @juke and the rest of you degenerates

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

Anyone I would tag in this if I wrote a whole essay already knows I love them so I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

@Acsolap thank you for drafting me to Anchorage. I've changed and matured so much as a person (at least I'd like to say I have) over my time on the site and I really think that locker room toughened me up a lot as a person. I owe a lot to all the guys who I've spent all this time with there over the years.

@Hallsy of course thanks for taking a huge risk and drafting me to Hamilton, and @nour @Waters thanks for harassing Hallsy into doing it. Hamilton is the best, and talking to everyone there in voice chat helped my interpersonal skills like crazy, which translated into helping me in several ways in the real world.

Special shoutouts (but not enough of them, there's too many people) to @RotticusScott @Briedaqueduc @jeffie43 @Ferda @dmills3 @JumpierPegasus @goldenglutes , you guys have always been there when I needed and you're all fantastic and selfless dudes.

@Gooney cock and balls :handshake:

I love these type of PTs but it's always hard to talk about every user because there's so many who have had a positive impact on me in my time with the SHL.

First, I think it's crazy that I've now been on this site for 1.5 years, which is the same amount of time that @notorioustig had on the site when I met them! Tig was amazing in integrating me into the league and was one of the big reasons I am still here. The same can be said for basically the whole Detroit LR when I was in the SMJHL and new to the league. The whole site was just the perfect experience and exactly what I needed, particularly at the start of quarantine in March when I was extremely active. @nour @WannabeFinn @leviadan @Rangerjase @roastpuff @Mediocre_Fred @reid @Jobin @jeffie43 @Fantobens are just some of the awesome people in Detroit 

Then I also want to give a special shoutout to @dankoa who put a lot of faith in me (even if I wasn't your first choice). I feel that same trust by @puolivalmiste and @RedCapeDiver even if I'm not the same extremely active user I was a year ago. I'm not constantly on discord anymore, but the Texas LR is great and I genuinely wouldn't want to be anywhere else. @raymond3000 @Leoben @Slowpoke @BrewskyBoy @MP7 @takethehorizon @EricNCSU @Rabidsponge21 @Ohtaay @Ronniewalker @Jearim winning a cup meant a lot with you guys.

Lastly there are just lots of great people I've met and I wish I was more active like I used to be because that's when I talked to all of these users. @honkerrs @dmills3 @StamkosFan @"ml02" are great and can't forget about the s53 class @LordBirdman @boom @mastersheep @Nhamlet @suavemente @sve7en @Faelax @Steve

Alright I've probably missed some people but y'all are superb

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2021, 04:50 PM by yosh.)

I've surpassed a year on this site and have made so many friends and so this PT absolutely gives me life by allowing me to express my gratitude for the friendships I've made along the way.

@RotticusScott rotti my recruiter even though we've never played on the same team before, without you i would have never joined this wonderful, wonderful, league, so I thank you for it.

@JNH @SDCore my first GMs, you guys took a chance on a first-gen yoshi that honestly had no idea what he was doing for well over two seasons. It's so hard to imagine myself having played for any Juniors team other than the Zerkers.

@Nhamlet @juke it was an absolute blessing to see you guys step in as J and Corey's replacements, and by god, you guys have knocked it out of the park with the work you guys have done in the past few seasons. Without a doubt, you guys are some of the most brilliant folks on the site that I know, and you guys have given me the honor to give back to the team by working as an Advisory Intern and a scout, which is really an honor that I am so thankful for.

@notorioustig Tig you drafted me in the 2nd round when I wasn't really expecting to go anywhere close to 23rd overall in the SHL draft. I was honestly super excited to go to Seattle (I remember I was at the dentist's when I found out about it lol). It's been amazing to play for Seattle and I am so beyond ecstatic to be wearing the "A" for this team this season.

@Sopath Soap your passion for the Zerkers makes me so happy. You really are such a core part of our Locker Room, even though Bas O'Bigbers is no longer playing for Newfoundland. From starting the Zerkers of the Game award, to reviving the year-end awards ceremonies, to now taking on the role as the team scholar, your love for the Zerkers and our LR warms my heart so much.

@reid @Gwdjohnson reid and gabe when u guys joined the Seattle LR a few seasons ago the vibes really started to take off. It's awesome sharing an LR with you guys and Reid you've done a great job as the new co-GM of Seattle, really excited to see you at the helm for hopefully many seasons to come.

@Buster you asked for a ping so hi

@Tylar you are an icon and an elite leeg player. I hope that you will teach me how to leeg well.

@Festinator We came into the league together, joined the Zerks and won that cup together. I was extremely sad when I heard you were getting called up early but it's going to be really exciting to see Pod and Joans duke it out in the Pacific for many more seasons.

@frijolhead Sam I've written about u for PBE CW before, but you're easily one of the most wholesome guys I've met from fake sports and sim leagues. You make such amazing sigs and I was really excited when you joined the Zerkers. Keep vibing my friend.

@Evil_AllBran @visceralpotamus the current NL Ass Caps, you guys bring so much joy to the Newfoundland locker room with your great vibes and also great graphics. Pasta I love your memes that come with your signature watermark and Allbran your graphic of the Zerkers sauna is truly the perfect art that encapsulates our LR.

@lespoils you a new argo and honestly already one of my fave teammates, really happy we got you from Chicago. Hopefully you can help me master my francais in the next year or so

@"Minnesotafine" @lmao I guess I'll end with the current Zerkers that wear the C for the team. Sota, you have so much passion for the league and the team, as well as ambition. I think you're going to do very big things in the league in the very near future, especially since you've already gotten the gold with Team Japan as its Fed Head.  Twix, I know Soap mentions a lot about how happy he was to scout you and get you drafted to the Zerkers, and I absolutely agree with him. It's awesome to see you return from IA and getting involved with the LR. I think you're also going to be a beeg beeg presence in the league, and definitely you already are a huge part of our LR. Love you guys <3

There are so many other folks that I could ping and thank, but I think that would really exceed a thousand words by then, so I'll leave it at that.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2021, 04:45 PM by JURT.)

Alright there's so many of those and I don't want to go over 150 words cause last time I went to hard in a PT I broke mPTs

@hhh81 you sir are a gentleman and a scholar. You keep helping me grow into the league over a year after I came back and I can never thank you enough.

@LordBirdman  haven't talked to you much lately but I wish I did. Take care my friend!

@Jumbobone19 and @Ruggsy you guys are killing it, let's fucking go Raptors! @Talls too, you've been a massive addition to that war room.

@micool132 vous allez gagner la Coupe Monsieur Micool. Merci pour les ruisseaux illégaux.

@LarryTheMVP so glad you're still around and embracing the backup life to play with me in Seattle.

The Chicagos @Matteo @Nhamlet @JNH @SDCore and all the others know that I miss you guys and I love still being included in the LR :t3:.

My committee for putting up with my shit, I knew changing everything up was going to be a complicated task but you're making it so much easier. @overdoo @honkerrs @TheFlash @TapdancingNecrons @"Minnesotafine" @inverted @3lewsers @Kraagenskul @golden_apricot .

@FuzzSHL too, in every All-Star related matters, from handing over the committee to working together now that you're SHL All-Star Head you've been nothing but supportive and a pleasure to work with.

The Colorado Rooks! All of you, but especially @Drokeep and @jay2233. So much drive between the two of you, already applying to committees and/or having read the whole rulebook which some GMs might not even have done. Jay, so far you're probably the best Colorado late round flyer since... well myself (you'll end up even better tho) and it was entirely worth it staying up until 3 in the morning the night before the draft to send random scouting messages because we ended up with you.

The people in Seattle, new friends and old. @Gwdjohnson vous êtes une très bonne personne monsieur Garbiel. @bdu754 you're fucking hilarious and my favorite new friend from this season.

And last but not least, and she must have been wondering when her turn would come, @sköldpaddor. I must've talked to you almost every day for over a month now and every time I just think you are more and more awesome. Your existence makes not only the SHL but the whole fucking world a better place. I'd write a thousand words but I'm honestly speechless in front of how wonderful you are. Everyone needs more Jess in their lives. Thank you for being everything that you are and doing everything that you do.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Having been around here for a while now, joining in I think December 2017 or maybe 2018, I've had the pleasure of meeting a pretty wide variety of folks, even while not being the type of player that has moved around a whole lot. My first team being the Halifax Raiders was a blast, and having guys like 44 and Shmurph show me the ropes was invaluable. Then being drafted into LA where I've spent the majority of my time in the league. There's too many guys to name there I think, but folks like Wasty, Bottas, and RED (among many, many others) will always be friends. Edmonton was another great (albeit short) stop for me. They have a great group there with folks like Keygan, Tommy, Truong, Karl. I haven't been as active in there as of late but still love to pop in and chat here and there. Now a days I spend most of my time between Colorado and Baltimore, both packed to the brim with awesome people that I have enjoyed talking with the past half a year or more. And that doesn't even include the Czechs (awesome LR), the OSRS gang, or my newfound habs bros in the team Canada LR. I've definitely been blessed to meet so many awesome people here the last few years and hopefully can keep the friendships coming.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

So honestly, for me, my favorite users over the years vary. For this I'll just tag the active ones.

For the OG's, two people who had big impacts on me were @Gifter of Bikes and @teztify. The first was someone who I reached out and spoke to me on my own back in the early days and was one of the finalist for where I Was going to go with my first player in free agency and ultimately went to the Riot later on. Tez and @JayWhy were two of the big reasons that I chose to became a blizzard and that experience was awesome as it was when we won the cup (which was my first one).

Current users definitely include all of BAP but I think for me @JR95 definitely was one of the big reasons that I came back as I enjoyed gaming and hanging out with him as I know a lot of people do. Our new CO in @mastersheep is someone that I think everyone should meet and is just a wonderful person to talk to.

If there was anyone who I would want to come back from inactivity it would be hard. I had good interactions with 701 RIP. (Seeing this prompt made me think of him). I think JRT was great and it was sad because he went inactive I think when a tree hit his house or something? He was cool. I think its hard because you meet so many great people here that unfortunately you forget some of those that make a difference

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Because there are so many class acts in the SHL, my PT response is going to seem scattershot.  Alas, this cannot be helped - it’s the price of having such a stellar community.  I would like to thank the following users, who have made my time here a great deal of fun:

@Toast - To put it mildly, I did not get off to a particularly active start for season fifty-nine.  Despite my slow start, Toast still answered all of my build questions with a great deal of patience and enthusiasm - all over private messaging, no less!  Much appreciated.

@SouthPaw - For getting me to join the forest in the discord.  Proud to be a fellow member of the season sixty class with this guy! He’s one swell lefty.

@TheFlash - For reaching out prior to the SHL draft and showing a real interest in the vision I had for Miles.

@dankoa - Shout-out to el jefe.

@Thelastheraclid - For convincing me that a thread based simulation league could be fun and not at all tedious.

[Image: 22HFBQB.png]

I just want to start off by saying that the news to the hockey world was devastating with the death of Matiss Kivleneiks.

Man, where can I begin. I started off joining this sim league way back when, the beginning of the existence actually in like Season 3. And I joined with a bunch of my real life friend at the time. After years of going inactive, I decided to get back into it because of my brother. But you do not realize that this community will give you friends that will be around aslong as you are around here. I am forsure not as active as I used to be. I had great times with the Vancouver Whalers and the Carolina Kraken in the Juniors. Getting selected by Tampa and then deciding to go to New Orleans, I have realized that I have crossed paths with many many people. Unfortunately I have lost touch with a lot o people on here because of how busy I have gotten but people like Sloth, JoeK, TDZ, Luke, Aaron Wilson, Izzy, JSS, Lyle Odelein, The Y Man, Hotdog, Slash, StamkosFan and others I can not even remember off the top of my head. These little interactions you have with people on the site may not seem like something big but they leave a memory. I am grateful for everything this site has given me and I hope I could have left one good memory with one good user here, that would make me very happy.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature