Create Account

S60 PT #3.5: Appreciation

I will always shout out to the S55 Class and fellow Bean Crew OGs @AgentSmith630, @DELIRIVM, @Mazatt, @Ohtaay, @overdoo, @rum_ham, @sulovilen, @trashae, and @Zema.  You definitely made the start of my SHL career.  You all got me very engaged at the beginning of my time on this site and made this experience a great one.  The Beans we continue to harvest each season to make our Mocks better have been a blast and one of the most fun parts of the Offseason here.

@ml002 and @UrsinZ thank you so much for bringing me into Toronto back in the Season 55 Draft.  You both are amazing people and I’m so glad to have been a part of building Toronto into the strong team that it is today.  Also, the rest of the team for being such beautiful people and especially @notoriousTRON for being the butt of some of our jokes and taking them in stride.

Quote:154 words

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2021, 12:50 AM by _Blitz_.)

Every time I do one of these, it gets fabulously longer to write.

The first and most obvious person that I have to that is @TheSparkyDee for being an awesome Co-GM. Sparky, you're so energetic and enthusiastic and just an easy guy to talk to, whether it's about my day or what we need to do for St. Louis. This job and our team has gotten so much better with what you've brought to the table. Thank you.

Secondly would be our War Room in St. Louis; @rum_ham, @JKortesi81, @Rancidbudgie, @Urq660, @By-Tor, @CptSquall, @EricNCSU, @fishy, @TML99, and @Jackers41, y'all are a bunch of awesome dudes. I really appreciate all that you do, from moral support to testing to scouting. I really hope all of you know how important you are, even in small ways, to everything we do and everything we've done in St. Louis. From the bottom of my heart and leaving plenty more to be said, thank you.

Special thank you to @ml002 and @UrsinZ for being awesome people and great GMs to play for. It's been such a great thing to be in Toronto and I'm glad you guys keep me around. Of course it goes without saying that everybody past and present that I've gotten to know in or through Toronto has been a fantastic human (and goose), and I've been very happy to get to chat and experience the league with them on a regular basis. Squally, @Carpy48, @Mika_Kandinsky, @Rich, @Dextaria, @notoriousTRON, @charlieconway, @Moreorless89, @SFresh3, @StamkosFan, @Tylar, @kentakira, @Memento Mori, @gucci, @Raven, @CD12 @gurbs, @Tayjay, @Kyamprac, and who could forget @honkerrs. Man, I'm glad I'm not actually reading these out loud, 'cause that's a lot of names, but they're all brilliant so I would anyway if the situation called for it. I'm still so happy to be in Toronto, and each one of these people has had a part to play in this experience and I'm happy to have shared any amount of time with them at all.

To the Scarecrows, past and present, that I've gotten to play with and work with, thank you! You all have been exceptional in putting up with our bad times and working to build something better. Part of why it's easy to want to keep going is that I've gotten or I get to work with all of you wonderful people. So, thank you for that. To the current team, @Asked Madden, Gucci and By-Tor, @Mooty99, Jackers, @fever95, @bjkman, @Nhlbeastmode_7777, Urq, CD12, @Faded, @SilverCannon, @LairdButler, @Serpe x 13, @ZootTX, @Jonny Tsunami, you guys have done so much whether you realize it or not by coming together as this team. Three seasons ago, the locker room culture that all of you and our WR guys bring in was such a rapidly-fading memory. Thank you for helping me and Sparky rebuild our locker room culture. Let's go win a Cup.

To the Junior GMs and Head Office, I don't think I would have stayed in my position as long as I have without y'all. Each and every one of you is just the best to work with and has made it fun to be a J GM even through some really shit times with the team and IRL. In some way or another, a lot of you have been a part of my experience with the league since Day 1, and I'm very happy to know and get to work with all of you. I can't thank you all enough for that. @BadWolf, @ACapitalChicago, @FuzzSHL, @Inf1d3l, @Fluw, @Citizen of Adraa, @Festinator, Sparky, @Gumbaman, @AgentSmith630, @Kalakar, @Ace, @marco999, @Gwdjohnson, @Wearingabear, @sve7en, @Mazatt, @Jumbobone19, @Ruggsy, @Mutedfaith, @Halkohol, @Naosu, @trashae, @Toast, @SouthPaw, @SecondSucks22, @sköldpaddor, @Nhamlet, @juke, @Evok, @Faelax, Dex, and @Pythonic. Additional thanks to a few people it was hard to say goodbyes to in GM chat; @RedCapeDiver, @SpartanGibbles, @CementHands, @Katth, @Zomp, @boom, @overdoo, @Jearim, @Nokazoa, @"luketd", and @nour

Team USA, what a bunch a guys. All of you are awesome! I think the big dudes that I really appreciate having gotten to play and talk with and who I haven't mentioned yet are @Scrufdaddy, @Geekusoid, @Julio Tokolosh, and @MrStennett. Let's win gold! USA! USA! USA!

Miscellaneous ISFL thanks goes out to Kya, Zoot, Madden, Gucci, Gumba, @r0tzbua, @zaynzk, @Amidships, @Rev, @inverted, @Amidships, and @yonggarius. All of y'all have been great to interact with in both leagues. Most of you were also instrumental in bringing me to the ISFL on top of making my SHL experience richer. Y'all are great!

I don't think I missed anybody. If I did, I apologize. It's probably due to volume because, holy shit, I have a lot of people to appreciate and be thankful for. Sim leagues, especially the SHL, have taken up a lot of my free time (which has been especially plentiful through 2020 and 2021 thus far) since I joined in November 2019. Getting to know so many awesome people has kept me going and will keep me coming back.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Oh, man, where do I start from? There's plenty of people I'm happy to have met through my career as Yoshimitsu McCloud, really cool lads and ladettes...

Obviously, I need to thank the guys from Anaheim for basically guiding me through the league basics. I don't think I've ever had such a type of help from people in getting myself used to things anywhere else before that - so I'm obviously very thankful for that. That said, we also had a bunch of great guys that were either around from the start or tagged along throughout the seasons. I'd especially thank Segi, Donini, JNH, Gibbles, Wuma... man, I feel like I could go on and on about it, to be honest with ya.

Then I also would like to thank the San Francisco Pride for bringing me in as a draft choice. It came out of the left field for me but I'd say my time there worked out. I hope Grape is doing fine, poor guy had a lot on the head last time I've seen him over the trade things. I then had a good while at Baltimore (briefly played for them during their West Kendall days) and it was a blast from bell to bell, still show up there every now and then whenever I find something funny to share. I then retired for Winnipeg, who were the nicest folks I can think of, which is why I always wish them the best, regardless of where I end up at. I have to thank the GMs for giving me a shot and tolerating my lack of knowledge of things. I know I can be a rather unfocused guy so it's cool to hear great things about me whenever people are looking on drafts, trades or whatever. Of course, I gotta thank the lads at Nevada. I know we've arrived with a rough patch and things are progressing in their own way, so I just wish we're able to hang together for longer and see if we can get ourselves some silverware out of it.

Sorta related to the SHL, I believe I should also thank the guys I've met on things ran by folks from here. I really enjoyed the time the IHL was a thing, to which I'd thank Engi for running it, the rest of the lads who participated on it for making it fun and Jiggly for introducing me to the whole lot of them. The wrestling Discord made for some fun times during the start of the pandemic, I'm happy that I watched and talked about one of my most favourite pretend sports with them and I would like to talk more often there if time allows me. And, of course, the Rink of Honor, Geek's baby and overall fun side-project. Hope I'll be able to do some proper Sunny Day Holiday promos sooner than later myself.

And overall, I gotta thank the entire SHL community, period. I've been to some communities in the past before and I've seen them mostly crumble down due to many reasons: life, jobs, death itself, a platform buy-out and I sure have been deluded by some. So I find it amazing to see communities like these that are able to stand through the test of time, uniting generations of people around a common goal. A proper group of people that are fine joining together for good things, it's not something you see every day with the times we're on.

As a guy who lives in a place usually shadowed by uncertainty (you live your life from one day to the other, unsure of what awaits you in the next corner), I'm happy that there are places like these where I can tell that, even at the roughest days, you lot are all fine by me. Kinda wished there were more like here.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

I've been increasingly distant recently, but there are still a few people I'd like to shout out to for our talks together over the last two years.

@acdangel, I know this is kinda pointless right now seeing as you passed about 10 months ago, but I just wanted to say it was a pleasure knowing you. You were one of the first to hop on board the Hot Potato reporting thing I made up and you were a good help. You helped keep the peace of the team LR and emotionally supported those who needed it. You were fun to talk to, public and private, and it devastated the team when we learned we wouldn't get to speak with you again. I hope you felt what you meant to us while you still had the capacity.

@thiefofcheese, we haven't talked in a while but chats with you were fun nonetheless. Hope your activities outside the SHL lead you to the robbery of the greatest cheeses available.

@hotdog, I guess you're busy running a community or whatever but our chats were always fun. I'll keep occasionally harassing your LR with the pseudo-bot I have set up there!

@anyone else I left out, please don't take it personally. My memory ain't the greatest and I've already met the wordcount so my motivation to keep writing this has dropped significantly. Cheers!

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

This is tough...Everyone on this site has been so damn welcoming. I've had such a great time getting to know everyone, and although I've been busy with work and family for the past few seasons, I still feel so connected to everyone in both of my locker rooms. with regards to specific people, I'll go chronologically...
@juke I'm pretty sure you were the first scout to reach out to me when I first created, and you made Newfoundland seem like such a fun team (including some Demko adulation). You always bring such a great energy and have been so helpful in helping me build my player. Thank YOU

@Nhamlet I don't even know where to start. Both you and Juke make such an amazing team, but I really appreciate all the time you've taken to talk me through my questions and around building and swimming and everything in between. I feel so so fortunate to have been drafted to your team, and you are such a big part of that.

@bdu754 Of course my OG captain needs a shoutout. LOVE your energy and that we could commiserate over our shared psychosis (aka Canucks fandom). Not looking forward to playing in your div in the SHL....

@Sopath Two legendary captains in a row. You are such a legend, and I really appreciate our conversations about everything from league drama to WoT. You are one of the kindest people and friendliest guys on the site <3

@lmao CAP! We gotta keep repping the canucks dominance in the LR! You are such an obvious choice as captain and in a similar mold to the legends who preceded you.

@"Minnesotafine"  Our paths just seem forever intertwined. Two late round picks in the J draft into a pair of first rounders to Edmonton. So happy that we get to continue our careers together. You're always great to talk to and such a huge presence in both of our locker rooms. <3
time, then got drafted to EDM together, and there’s no one I’d rather be on two teams with

@"TommySalami" and @"Keygan" Thanks for taking a chance on a shy little turtle looking to make his way in the world. So honoured to have been such a priority for you guys, and I will work my shell of to make you guys seem like geniuses for trading up for me. 

@steveoiscool and @taterswc You guys are making me really look forward to starting in Edmonton. Love your energy (even if it is currently misdirected). The league is on notice for when the goon squad gets together. Appreciate you having me on the podcast, hope to make another appearance soon!

[Image: visceralpotamus.gif]

I would like to start with a little sympathy, directly towards Matiss Kivlenieki's friends, relatives, and family. Matiss was very quiet and unknown to the Latvian hockey people, but then he appeared at the very highest peak, just as we began to hear much more about him. Thanks for the feelings you created at this year's world championship in hockey, winning strong Canada in a debut match. Thank you for that, and let you have it in heaven. RIP Kivi.

But now for the task itself. I wouldn't say I've gotten a lot of friends, but all this is because of the barrier in my language, which is really sometimes disturbing. However, being one of the comrades of this communion, I increasingly understand the language and try to communicate with my teammates in the locker room. I've got acquaintances, and that's nothing more than nothing. Others have also known me as a good man, and I have made a good impression about Latvians in general, because what I have heard about Latvians in the past made me think about everything about whether we are really so disgusting. But the league as such is able to connect people from different sides of the world, all the more so that anyone who is here is also a hockey fan who gives extra motivation to work and fight together. I very much like the atmosphere here, and I am prepared to continue to fight with my language barrier, which I will certainly improve in the near future, as well as in the square.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2021, 03:26 AM by taterswc.)

I have to say there are so many people I have enjoyed meeting on this site.
@steveoiscool brought me into this league and has been a constant source of motivation and encouragement.
@Dextaria reached out to me after I created and brought me on board to Vancouver. I enjoy working with him to make the whalers all they can be.
@boom my first gm in the J’s and my future co-GM in the SHL. Involved and dedicated. What more can I say?
@visceralpotamus Getting drafted to Edmonton was made better because I now had pasta the turtle as my teammate, and he did not disappoint. His meme game is on point and the turtle emojis get me every time. I really enjoy our banter and twitter memes. Look forward to having you on the podcast again.
@Keygan drafted me to Edmonton, and I could not be happier. I enjoy his presence in the LR. I take my shots at him when I can, and he is always in good spirits.
@"Minnesotafine" another Edmonton draftee that I have grown to like. Despite being on Newfoundland. I am glad we get to banter and hopefully meet in the finals this year so we can have an all-out meme war.
@Lorec I am glad I got to bring Lev into the league. He has been my linemate and I love how well our playstyles work together. He is always a welcomed musical guest on Wheel Snipe Celly.
There are so many more people I could shout out but my list has already gotten too long.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

I've made many good friends while I have been on the site and had many good experiences. Here are some of them:

@Nhamlet is a really good friend irl and is the one that got me into the SHL. He also introduced me to playing actual ice hockey too and now I am hooked and have spent far more money than I should on this sport, I love it. Kinda concerned about how much of my time and money your influence has taken from me over the past few years of knowing you.

@bdu754 My draftmate in NL, such a good, fun and BEEG character. beloved by everyone everywhere he goes and for good reason, always manages to light up any locker room he enters.

@sve7en Very good first impression of this guy when I first joined the site, spent lots of time chatting with me prior to both my J and SHL drafts, ended up drafting me to the Panthers. What an awesome dude, was super happy he drafted me to the Panthers, also super happy he didn't draft me to Carolina, dodged a major bullet ther- i mean what

@FuzzSHL @TheDangaZone My managers in LAP, always have time to answer my questions and help build my player, work endlessly to improve the team and have worked hard to build such a positive and fun environment in the LAP locker room.

@JNH @SDCore My first GM's in NL, helped teach me a crapton about this sim league and how everything works, as well as creating one of the greatest discord channels I have ever seen. The vibes in the NL locker room are unmatched, large thanks to these two, was hooked the moment I entered the dressing room after the draft.

@Count Chocula My Defence partner in NL, in DACH and now in LAP. Jonas and Elias are tied at the hip, the SHL won't know what hit them in a couple seasons, brother! Always a fun and positive presence in the locker rooms, awesome guy to have around!

@juke partnered with Nham to continue making the NL locker room a fantastic place to be, and also one of the main reasons I am a fantasy extraordinaire. Thank you for 45 extra tpe you have helped me get over the past 5 seasons.

@BadWolf @ACapitalChicago @FuzzSHL @Gumbaman @Inf1d3l You guys created such a positive learning environment for me when I was an intern for j HO, it was honestly an amazing experience and I have you guys to thank for it. Happy to be joining you all on HO and hope to learn a lot more from you guys!

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

PBE PT

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Wow. Just as a disclaimer, if I forget to mention anyone here, you get a huge heartfelt apology. There are just too many great people to mention and I'm bound to leave someone off the list.

First off, I'd be remiss not to start with my Crow bros. Get picked up by the Scarecrows was a great way to start off my time in this league, and even though we never won that elusive Four Star Cup, we had some great times. With awesome GMs like @Nictox and @TML99 we were always going to have an incredible team. I know you guys worked your asses off, so thanks for that. To @fishy, @Huck24, @Mika_Kandinsky, @fever95, @gordieboom, @esilverm and the many others I played with in St. Louis, you made being in the J an incredibly fun experience that I wouldn't trade for the world.

To all the guys on the Blizzard: @Keygan, @"TommySalami", @trella, @James Truong, @Nokazoa, @Julio Tokolosh, @ErM, @karlssens, @C9Van, @FinnRhys, @boom, and those I'm sure I've missed. Edmonton was a great team when I got there, and they were a great team when I left. I've second guessed my choice to hit free agency every day since I left the Blizz and for good reason. Some of my best memories from any sim league were with all or most of you guys and it was an absolute honor to have Blackwood's name listed among some of the most prolific scorers in team history. You're some of the best dude's I've gotten to know playing fake internet sports, so continue to stay awesome and hopefully I'll be teammates with you all again sometime in the future.

Finally, to @FuzzSHL, @TheDangaZone, and @slothfacekilla, I know I wasn't always the most active during my season in LA, but thanks for always making me feel welcome when I was around. It was a really tough decision to leave the Blizzard, but you guys made me feel like I made the right choice.

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2021, 09:43 AM by Henrik.)

Because I'm doing this last minute, I'm just going to thank the guys that mentioned me in their PTs. Don't judge me, I've been ill!

@Zema @Talls @Keenan Thanks a ton for your kind words! It means a lot and I really appreciate it, you guys are all awesome and I've really enjoyed interacting with you all immensely! Looking forward to getting you know you guys more over the coming seasons.

@Rancidbudgie Hope all is well with you mate, we are all thinking about you over in SFP! Additionally I'd like to call out the rest of our S55 class for this as well, namely @sulovilen and @AgentSmith630. All three of you have played a huge role for this team since you guys got called up, all in your own unique way. The S55 core has quickly become the heart and soul of this team and I'm very grateful to have such a fantastic trio of users to build this team and culture around.

@leafsftw1967 Thanks so much mate, that really means a lot! Although you only spent a short time in SFP, it feels like we clicked almost instantly and I really enjoyed how our talks naturally flowed from SHL and contract to all sorts of different things. Definitely one of my favourite and least expected interactions on this site so far. It was tough seeing you go so soon but fingers crossed you and @'The_Y-man_100' get to hoist that cup together in Chicago!

Also... @Fluw. I like you. You are a funny guy.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2021, 08:50 AM by Cobbenstein.)

I can honestly say that nearly every single person I have interacted with in this community has been wonderful, welcoming, and helpful. This site and its users have worked hard to try and build a supportive and safe space online to allow people to express themselves creatively through the written media and the graphics options all while policing themselves fairly effectively. There are a ton of people that have been extremely helpful in my year and half of activity here.

First of all I have to thank my fellow members of Hockey Talk Tonight. @sve7en @Faelax @hockeyiscool and @AgentSmith630. You have been great and I feel really been a huge part in transforming portions of this site for the better. Even though Im not nearly as active as all of you, you've always been willing to help me out when I don't understand things on the site or need help making a decision.

After them I want to shout out @hhh81. You were the first person outside of my group of friends I interacted with. I was very nervous to jump into this community and you made me feel very welcomed and helped a ton with getting me involved and getting around the site. That short stint in Colorado before the draft was exactly what I needed to get invested in the SHL.

Next would be @Citizen of Adraa and @CementHands. You guys drafted me into the SMJHL and built one of the best lockerrooms in Maine. My time in Maine was exactly what I needed to make sure I stayed active and invested and you guys were a big part of that.

Then there's @JR95 @Zoone16 @mastersheep and @suavemente. You guys and the rest of the Baltimore organization were an amazing starting point for my time in SHL. The lockerroom was always a really fun and entertaining place to be and I think that going through a big portion of your rebuild with you was a fantastic learning tool that showed me that it's worth investing in an organization and a group you enjoy to find success together, rather than to try and jump teams finding a way to win. While I couldn't stay for the final push due to the expansion draft, I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Baltimore and I want to see all your hard work pay off even if you are a division rival now.

Finally there is @Acsolap @honkerrs and the rest of the Forge family. You guys took a chance on me in the expansion draft and I'm extremely thankful for it. The change of scenary has seen a resurgence and commitment to the SHL. The lockerroom we have in Philly has to be among the best in the league already and it will only get better going forward. I'm extremely excited to be in Philly from day one and to help build the Forge into the powerhouse club we can become.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=663d5bb2&is=663c0a32&hm=7637...ae0e53216&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

As a first-gen player my first experience on the website was my smjhl team, and I feel like I pretty much had a perfect experience in Vancouver. I was drafted along with many users from my draft class which always helps everyone stay active, the LR was fun and we won the 4 star cup in my final season in juniors which was like one of the best moments of my career. But the people are what made it special. mills, RM, Noka, Jax, Bruins10, Bobcalf, I could list the entire roster.
Honestly I wasn't sure what to expect from Hamilton at first. I wasn't really active in the LR, but I remember the nour reacts to GoT channel and that was one of the things that made me stick around. Nour always says that building a close-knit locker room is the most important thing and sim performance is secondary, I don't always agree with that, but at the end of the day the LR is what makes people want to stay and I'm grateful that I have been on Hamilton with so many good people. Except Gabe, of course.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Ever since joining the SHL a few months ago, I have met a lot of good people, some of which I have met in my time GMing in the ISFL or just sharing a LR with in other leagues, so I was looking forward to seeing these people from where they started, and maybe if they would return the favor of drafting them here :eyes: Starting off with TheSparkyDee and sve7en who introduced me to the league, who both unfortunately passed on me, sometimes twice looking at you Sparky lmao. But I found a great home in Detroit with Cal, and even though I am not the most LR active player in Detroit, I thank you guys for giving me my first SHL home. In the SHL, the Montreal Patriotes traded up for my player and I will be forever be thankful to dankoa for giving me the possibility of being a league superstar in the future.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png] [Image: 9pUocRs.png] [Image: tCcIWQC.png] 
[Image: Skree.gif]

During my extended time on the site, a long five years or so, I have gotten to know a lot of users that I enjoy being around and talking to. I will only be able to name a few in this point task as the low word count makes it hard to go through everyone. A lot of users I met in the old Minnesota locker room stick out as people I like being around, unfortunately most are not on the site anymore in Baelor and Garbonzo, but even users who I wasn't sure about, like Wally and Sweg surprised me and made things more enjoyable. I think there are very few bad users on the site, but having the division in locker rooms can make it hard to really get to know people beyond a few interactions on the site. I have been really enjoying the Formula 1 discord as well with people like Zoone and Red being just a couple of the many awesome people in there, there are so many I can't remember them all right now lol. And last but not least some of my favorite people on site today are people like gibbles, kluster and badwolf in Min who have been making my second go in that LR one of the most comfortable i have had. It's been a breathe of fresh air having a mature group to bounce ideas off of. Also pretty much all of HO are excellent people even if we literally have to debate each other every day or two, nour, Luke, teddy, patty, Reid, Tommy, hhh and more have all been some great coworkers. 277w