Create Account

S60 PT #3.5: Appreciation

I want to extent this appreciation post to my friends and teammates over in New England!

@kenvald I am so glad you decided to trade up for me, it is truly all my pleasure to play for the Wolfpack and I look forward to keep doing so for many more seasons. You're amazing just like everyone else in the pack!

@39alaska39 I appreciate what you have done for the Wolfpack since joining us as co-GM! You care about us as a team and always good to talk to in the LR, next trivia I want you on my team however.

@Fluw Truly a worthy captain! Always a contributor and tolerating my antics despite me driving you mad, much love! <3

@Sopath Man am I glad we got to finally be teammates, it's so good playing on the same side for once! Love the way you try and bring new things into the LR and someday I am sure you will convince me to read Wheel of Time!

@krazko Like Sopath, very glad we got to be teammates as well, being with you in Sweden was great so I am glad we got yet another LR to share! Always good with more swedes.

@Bayley An honor to be assistant captain together with you. Always great to share a conversation with you in the NEW LR.

@gordieboom I have to say, I enjoy your early good morning messages, it always feels good to wish some other people a nice morning and is a pleasant way for me to start my mornings! Thank you.

@Zomp I miss you bud, it's always great when you join in or start something in typical Zomp-fashion coming in wasted reminds me of myself.

@Clean Andrei Kostitsyn Sharing a locker room with the legendary Clean has been amazing! :clean:

@bbjygm You've truly brought some great things to the LR like your bot. And your other bot as well for sure!

@JaytheGreat Had a lot of fun being linemates with you in my rookie season, hopefully we can raise production a bit soon! A shame we did not know of the mutual interest for FM earlier.

@FinnRhys We don't talk a lot but I am still glad we're on the same team! It's always a pleasure when we do talk.

@siddhus I am glad we got to be teammates! You've been nothing but positive and kind since joining us and that is just the attitude I like!

@Cyanide Let's get some wins so we can celebrate your unsustainable shooting% soon again! Always good to share your enthusiasm for the wins we take!

@BloomeyGB Always good to see you in the LR and hear you share some new interesting story of your interests! Keep it up but don't burn yourself out!

@Ace Man what an odd thing it was that you're going to retire soon, glad to have gotten my rookie season together with Eller at least. Hope you enjoy Viggosson more and can't wait to see you on the ice in the big league again!

(506 words)

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]

I have always struggled with complementing anyone or anything, specially gettting my thoughs out as words has bwwn steuggle, just ask my wife or priest we had for our wedding. There has been many interesting people I have met during my time here and had many conversations that I would not had otherwice, and not only because most people talk about SHL which I ofcourse wouldn't know without ever joining the league. I have met and talked with people from places I didn't know anyone from before and used english more than in ages before, which has been nice change of pace even though it is failing me tonight after staying up for EURO 2020 finals. Hopefully that is enough rambling to fill the word count and then let me give a shoutout to my co-gm RedCapeDiver who has been big part of our success these past seasons and helped me a lot with stuff I know I lack.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Through out my years, starting back in S9, I have met so many people, made a ton of friends. Though known of these ever formed into something off the site or in person but there are more then enough names that I always recognize. Being able to win a lot of Junior Championships and Challenge cup championships with these guys has always made it even better.

I always loved my days in Kelowna with Jenny and EJ, and meeting guys like Zoone and Samee. Winning multiple ships with the Knights and that core group was exciting times.

Then moving on to West Kendall Platoon was always extremely funny, having a GM like Bojo was always amazing and I loved my times there with him in net and behind the wheel.

There are many others like JKortis, and so on that I never truly got to play with but enjoyed every second I have had with everyone I have met on this site and it always brings me back.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

Gabe has been one of the friends that I have made since joining the SHL in November. He is indeed my General Manager but I also consider him a friend. He would deal with my stupid questions at the beginning, help Bean become better, and meme Bean into becoming the Anchorage captain for 3 seasons. Outside of that he has been a great person to interact with through our locker-room. He has the ability to be a meme and not become sore about it and he is pretty supportive. Bear has also been really chill and another general manager friend that I made since joining the league. Bear is someone who is very easy to bounce off of in a conversation. He is extremely funny and someone that makes a locker room in the SHL very fun. These two have been godsends since I have joined and I don’t think I would have been so committed without them.

158 words

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Well there is many friends who I wanted thank for a lot. I had a lot of interesting conversations at Detroit locker room with @Rangerjase, @Mutedfaith, @Halkohol, @Fantobens and @Mediocre_Fred. Also not forget @Jobin. Most of them also provides so cute pet content which makes me always smile and feel better. You can't be mad to cute animals, not even Titus, when he woke up Jobin at 5am. I appreciate that we had a lot of different kind of conversations, even the deep ones too and everyone is supporting each other at Detroit locker room. I want also thank my Atlanta GM @hotdog for his work to get me rooted to Atlanta team and locker room. I hope that I can help my team achieve glory at future, sooner or later. I didn't met anywhere internet games as good community as SHL is for new users. I hope that I could give to my SHL friends also back something at least, since they're lighten my day basically day to day.

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]

Since I started in the simulation hockey League way back in Season forty three ive had the pleasure of managing two teams, one at smjhl level and one at shl level, as well as being a part of one or the best shl locker rooms in Atlanta.

Between Anchorage, Philadelphia and Atlanta I have been lucky enough to come into regular contact with some of the best users on the site.

In no particular order from Anchorage: ml, tomen, jy, hotdog, Gabe, bear, arty, sleepo, mclovin, WT, Frith, daft, honk, ferda, budgie, cam, toivo, Jenny, EJ, bongo, boom, Ronnie, oats and Hansen. Y'all my original love and the main reason I've stayed on this site all this time. Things may be a bit quieter these days but the memories remain and there's a whole bunch of new folks elevating the locker room to the next level now.

From Atlanta. Glutes, blast, cal, Simon, micool, bilbs, 5ym and sakro. My home away from home. Truly a beast locker room with a massive selection of incredible people.

Finally Philly. Cobb, Fred, gurbs, Frick, Jogy, laser, kale, fishy, hexx, evil AB, Simo and BURD. It's just the beginning but already I can see the early signs of a great bunch of people. Really excited too see how we are doing in a couple more seasons.

It can be very difficult for one such as myself to truly bond with a human, but overall many humans have been very kind to me.  First I would like to thank Jon Toner, Anders Christiansen, and Cassius Darrow for their contributions to the extremely important work that I have been doing on the human species.  Without their involvement and contributions, I would most certainly have been forced to find far less invasive, and far less useful, ways to study your species and collect the data that I need for when my people arrive.

On top of that I would also like to thanks someone who's name starts with K who will be contributing to my next piece of research that will undoubtedly continue to push the pace of research forward.

Finally, I would like to thank Sven Svechnikov for the very tasty tater tots.  Who know that such a creation existed in any galaxy, let alone this one populated by such unintelligent creatures.

[Image: TD6O3KW.png]
Signature courtesy of sulovilen.  May his name be exalted in Sardangian lore.

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

Over the past year, I’ve gotten to know so many people within the Baltimore LR and it’s really exciting to finally start to make our turn.  There have so been many past and present teammates that it would take forever to list them all and I really would hate to single people out over others.  I’m really proud of what our group has done and what we will continue to do over the next several seasons.

I couldn’t get away with doing this PT without talking about the folks that helped me when I first started.  I was pretty quiet in the Knights LR other than talking about actual hockey games.  @Katth and @Zoone16 as well as @Naosu when he took over all were of great help getting me to come out of my shell a bit more.  My junior teammates were always great to chat with and once again too many to list.

Outside of my teams, the S53 crew has been my favorite to talk with and take over the league with.  It’s really cool too that our players are all starting to hit our stride too.  @Lime @Nhamlet @jeffie43 @juke @reid @roastpuff @sve7en @LordBirdman @leviadan @Aephino @Zombiewolf @boom @Rangerjase @suavemente @Ace (rip wish goalies were better) @Faelax @trella @Patty and all the rest, you guys are awesome and wish we chatted more these days.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2021, 07:57 PM by juke.)

As always with these appreciation posts, it would be impossible for me to start with anyone but @Nhamlet. My better GM half and one of my closest friends on the site, I appreciate how good you make me look as a coGM without having to do a fraction of the effort. If anyone is more dedicated to the SHL than you, I don't want to meet them. I appreciate everything you do for NL, and have loved all of our random projects of arbitrary stat breakdowns and rabbit holes we've gone down in an effort to keep improving our team, LR, and individual players.

Next up is of course @JNH and @SDCore. I think most GMs would agree that the most important part to building a good SMJHL team starts with the LR, so you made ham's and my job very easy by inheriting such an amazing one. It's a lot easier to maintain an active LR than building one up from scratch, and I think the amount of times I shitpost and hang out in ours says everything about how enjoyable I find it. You guys are easily some of my favorite people on the site, and a massive reason I got as involved as I did.

@"NeonLime", @Patty, @Clean Andrei Kostitsyn my other S53 NL class members and my first friends on the site. Have loved the past year and a half with you guys. Pour one out for vinny and steemer and hax wen.

@bdu754 The heart and soul of the LR. The place literally wouldn't be the same without you, and please and keep vibing and being wholesome. It's been great to see that everywhere you go people love you, you're gonna do down as an SHL legend by the time Podcalzone's career is over.

@Sopath Your passion for the Zekrs is unmatched. I'm so grateful that we have you to take on a more history-based project, and I'm excited to see all your hard work come to work in the coming seasons.

@Tylar You catch a lot of stray memes, but no one is as influential and has as big of cultural impact on our LR as you. Just like beeg, the place would not even be close to the same without you.

There's far too many Berserkers - past and present - to tag, so I worry it would be an injustice to try since I would inevitably forget people. So I just wanted to shout out our current leadership group of @"Minnesotafine", @lmao, @visceralpotamus, and @Evil_AllBran. You guys are amazing leaders and put in so much work to keep the LR exciting and active. It's been so awesome to watch you all grow into amazing SHL players, as well as some of the best people to hang out with and chat with on a daily basis.

@"luketd" and @Canadice. To echo what canadice said in his post, I have absolutely loved having you two to collaborate in stat/coding projects for the league. Not only has it helped me grow and improve my own R skills, but it's been a genuine blast to have some fellow nerds excited to go over fake hockey advanced stats and graphs with.

Finally, a very sincere thank you to @Toast, @sve7en, @reid, @Zombiewolf, and funny enough @hockeyiscool for being good friends to me this offseason, and helping me through my least favorite time since joining the site. Your support and pick-me-ups made a huge difference for me and I can't thank you enough.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

To be honest with you I haven’t made a ton of friends in the SHL. That’s not meant as a slight to the league, it’s just that the ISFL is my main league and my jobs over there keep me plenty busy. I only joined the SHL because of a few users in both leagues though. It all starting in the war room of the Tijuana Luchadores, when Van, slothfacedkilla, Beaver and I talking about the SHL in general. See, the MMA league I was in had just fallen apart, so the idea of a new league to replace that one was easy to think about. All of them asked if I’d join the SHL and I did. I’m still friends with all of those guys, although I will recognize the fact that those friendships have nothing to do with SHl. That’s just why I joined the league. The reason I stayed in the league is because of my boys in Tampa who continue to make this league fun for me.

[Image: tomhanks.gif]

[Image: TH-Sig_.gif?width=479&height=337]

I myself, MrRuihu, am thankful for the many people I've met on the site that have been nothing but kind and welcoming and sincere. Be it my long time GM's Naosu, or Katth, Or my more recent ones being Izzy and Katth, or my future ones being someone else, and probably Katth. (joking)
Naosu decided he wanted to pick me, for my first draft, solely based off my anime profile pic on discord, and the fact that I was also playing for (from?) team Canada, I'm sure he thought it was a good fit, and it certainly has felt like, yes, it was the perfect fit. Everytime we've had a discussion it feels meaningful and not like someone just going through the motions, there's some actual depth and genuine kindness in it. He is by far one of the main reasons I stayed for my entire career in Kelowna, and wanted to return for my next player as well. the Kelowna locker room has always been welcoming and such a great place to just talk random nonsense with some awesome people.

181 words

Not gonna mention ppl because I would leave some people out and honestly I probably will anyway. I'll start with atlanta and the locker room for putting up with me for all this time, special shoutout to hotdog for tolerating my stupid random requests for stuff. I know I'm not always the bestest person to be around with at times and I hope I am at least tolerable. Speaking of putting up with me, I'd like to thank Jay for giving me the opportunity to be co of russia and letting me run wild so I can slowly sieze all power for myself and become a brutal autocrat  contribute to the team and make them overall better. I'd also like to thank team russia as a whole for sticking around through the dark times and the worst part of the rebuild. I think it's pretty telling that we haven't had a transfer out in a while and I wanna thank you for your confidence in our vision for the future of the team. I knw I can be very my way or the highway so thanks for tolerating my stubbornness.

(this alone is over 150 words frig off)

BONUS BECAUSE I WANNA KEEP THE THEME GOING

The Book of PTs Chapter 3

A certain man from Quebec, Simon, was passing by on his way in from the country, and they forced him to carry the cross. They brought Samat to the place called Golgotha (which means “the place of the skull”). Then they offered him wine mixed with myrrh, but he did not take it. And they crucified him. Dividing up his equipment, they cast lots to see what each would get.
It was nine in the morning when they crucified him. The written notice of the charge against him read: the king of the goalies.
They crucified two players with him, one on his right and one on his left. Those who passed by hurled insults at him, shaking their heads and saying, “So! You who are going to win the cup and the McBride in three days, come down from the cross and save yourself!” 10 In the same way the General Managers and the Coaches mocked him among themselves. “He saved shots,” they said, “but he can’t save himself! 11 Let this Messiah, this king of Atlanta, come down now from the cross, that we may see and believe.” Those crucified with him also heaped insults on him.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

First, I want to mention tMuse who is a good RL friend and joined the league with me together. It's definitely a lot of fun talking about the league and watching streams together.
I also want to thank pretty much all the people I got to know in the SHL so far. I have a great time in Anaheim and I enjoy Texas as well. I'm glad to be part of those two teams and I'm thankful for all the build help I've gotten so far and that I will definitely need in the future as well. Both teams have a great LR atmosphere and make the league more fun.
I also want to thank all the people with jobs in the league that make all of it possible. There are so many people investing lots of free time in the SHL only to get some fake money and I really appreciate everyone doing that. Keep up the great work!

(164 words)

[Image: Haschdi.png]

There have been a lot of people I've met over my almost six years in the SHL. Some people I've liked, some people I didn't, and the same can be said of me. I'm not an easy person to get a long with, though I'm trying to be a better person. I do appreciate the people who have been able to deal with my poor personality at times, especially the ones that keep me around in locker rooms. The Nipple Nuggey discord has really made the SHL fun again, as well as just keeping life interesting. Being able to play games with them during the week, or chill in voice and just have a good time. Some of the best times are just hanging out in VC and playing chel together, trying to not get too frustrated when we get spanked 8-1 our first game of the night, then go to win 7-2 the next game.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page