Create Account

S60 PT #3.5: Appreciation

I could write about many different good friends that i made on this website, but today i will focus on one. I was not going to do this PT because i don't do PTs anymore lol , but i can't pass up on the opportunity to talk about one of my first good bud in the league, my very good friend @Nokazoa. Nokazoo is a very cool guy. He's a little odd sometimes and he dms me random stuff from time to times, but that's what makes him special. I've spent many many hours in voice chat with him and i have played many many games with him too. He taught me all i know about gfx making even though i'm no where near as good as he is. It's sad that life made him busy and life made me busy, we don't have nearly as much time to talk but i still very much enjoy speaking with him.

158 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2021, 10:40 PM by Bongo.)

@sve7en Thanks for signing me to my first J team and keeping me informed on SHL news via the best pod in the game (hockey talk tonight). Gives me a reason to look forward to Thursdays.

@hotdog You are the coolest guy on the site.. universally loved... thanks for having me (polarizing figure) on your podcast. It was a fun conversation and as life continues and we all diverge on our separate paths, I'll remember those who I used to talk to; people who I barely knew yet connected with so eloquently. I'm certain that we've channeled some element of permanence through our recording. Just two sincere dudes having fun....

@Zoone16 @mastersheep @JR95 @JT3 @DELIRIVM @Jumbobone19 @suavemente @trashae @Wasty @Leppish @Thelastheraclid @CementHands Thank you all for making BAP the coolest SHL team and especially to zoone suave and sheep for making sure I updated my player. I honestly would've capped out at 850 and fizzled into retirement to become a corpse on a rebuilding teams D core if BAP Rising wasn't such a collective movement.. though I have not been active in the LR lately I will always be there in flashes so expect me to not go anywhere

@Acsolap Thank U for drafting me to Philadelphia you are the man. that comment that u made saying I won't crack 1000 TPE put me in gear and now im approaching 1300.... thanks dad.

@frithjofr easily the funniest guy in the SHL sphere. there have been times where I teared up laughing reading mess hall.

@honkerrs The mark of an admirable and honourable man is one who respects and cares for animals... u are a genuine guy who doesn't have to be ironic all the time and its refreshing to get that kinda ambience in the PHI locker room.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2021, 10:28 PM by Pythonic.)

Oh man, thank god there's not a word cap on this PT or I'd probably be way over it. There's so many people I've met in this community, on the forums, in Discord, etc. that have made my time on the site so much fun.

First off, let's start with the people who took a chance on my player in the first place: @dmills3 and @boom, my GMs in Vancouver since I was drafted there in the S55 draft. Thank you guys so much for teaching me about the site, as well as letting me into the war room - I've learned so much from you guys and I truly do appreciate it. You two are both a major reason as to why I even stuck around. And a special shoutout to @"luketd" as well, for informing dmills of my presence in the draft (which led to him selecting me at 33OA). Another shoutout to @Dextaria for being such a great GM (even if he does try to get us fined all the time) and an even greater friend of mine. I've loved my time managing Vancouver with you so far, it's been a blast.

@trella and @hockeyiscool for picking me up at 19OA in the majors draft, way back in S56. Coming to Tampa Bay wasn't something I expected (or really wanted at the time, to be completely honest,) but you guys made me want to stick around and chill. That also goes for @Rangerjase (thanks for doing that pod with me, by the way), @PremierBromanov, @Fitted2106, and just about everybody else in the Barracuda LR. I was devastated when I had to be traded because you guys were all just incredible, and I miss being apart of the Cuda everyday. Sort of. Can Joe cut me for this?

Speaking of Joe, @JKortesi81 for trading for me from the Barracuda just a season or so ago. The Specters are not at all where I expected to go, and to be fair @leafs1997 made me not want to go there even more (just kidding, love you leafs). It has been an enjoyable experience for me so far in New Orleans and I hope that we can become a dynasty soon enough and win a bunch of cups with the squad that we have now.

And big shoutouts to even more people: the Vancouver core that led us to a Four Star Cup win (@DELIRIVM, @Skeleton Party, @AW13, @ddrector, @Moreorless89, @Arkz, @Kyamprac, and plenty of other guys I'm 100% sure I'm too stupid to remember right about now.), and of course the Vancouver core that's there now, you're all great people (@Air Crou, @dmills3 again wtf, @KenitohMenara, @steveoiscool, @taterswc, @Lobbanet, @Lorec, @Keygan, @canuckles, @nyumbayangu, @DrunkenTeddy, @MichaelLum30, @efischermann, @SMD414, @Accka, @FiveForFighting, @yonggarius, @advenny4, and of course the once-a-month updating legend, @Frostbite.)

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

The death in Colombus is so damn sad, it is really depressing and it is a good idea for all of us to show our appreciation for the people in SHL who we love and who we talk to and who we care about. The first person is hotdog, he is an awesome dude who is my GM and literally the only reason I am still in the SHL. I have a lot of sim league friends but I think we should talk about the SHL people only and like the friends I made through here. let me next talk about my boy dankoa. Incredible guy. He is someone who I know would do almost anything for you, like if I ever got into shit I know that I could always count on Dan. I also want to mention Evok, who is amazing. Even though we met in PBE, she is an SHL person and she is totally great.

This post is going to be one gigantic appreciation post to those in the Newfoundland Berserkers locker room, as they believed in me despite my previous player's pedigree and brought me in as a draftable free agent and had so much faith that they used the first overall selection on me in the SMJHL draft. Juke and Hammy work consistently hard with their testing and line combinations to get the best result on the ice and it is paying off this season as the Zerkers surge toward the Four-Star Cup. Captain Yosh is a wonderful person to chat with in the locker room as we both (begrudgingly) support the Canucks, alongside twix as well. My old S47 friends in Corey, JNH, Carpy are the reason I ended up on this team so super shoutout to them. Patty and Kluster are always there to offer support, and one drafted me into their SHL team (insert name here). All my draft classmates; reno, sota, gooner, grim, TJ, I'm glad we are on this journey together and hopefully we get it done this season. All the teammates and alumni and advisors I love you all. Special final shoutout to mr. sadge Tylar.

@Acsolap and @golden_apricot you guys have been the reason why I am still so active. Whether had to do with being drafted to Anchorage or playing for Norway or Hamilton or the Philadelphia Forge we've got me into locker rooms with I could just be along with everyone there's so many people I could tag from different locker rooms on one of your agreements I don't think I have the time to do that just know if you're reading that and you're one of those people you'd really know. That was just supposed to be my third league but it turns out I just want to call you excited to try one of my hardest to earn to make you both proud. I know what it's like to be on the other side of things so just know I'm try my best for you guys.

[Image: lazer2.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2021, 10:42 PM by Zombiewolf.)

I have met a lot of great people over the years of being on the site. A few of the people that I have met have grown into what I would call a pretty good friendship. As of recently I have had the pleasure of getting to know @Ragnar who is an awesome dude and I absolutely love sharing a Locker Room with him, he has absolutely made the locker room a better place. I also cannot forget to mention @juke, we bonded over drinking and being expert task masters in among us, I am not sure how he handles the chaos that is the Newfoundland Berserkers Smile, There is also the S53 buffalo gang @Lime and @Faelax, we have absoltely been killing it in the stat sheet this season. I would also like to mention @Patty. Our friendship started with fantasy SHL weirdly but I am glad to have met you. I obviously have to acknowledge the rest of the buffabros you guys all rock

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2021, 11:02 PM by Count Chocula.)

To the Newfoundland Crew:

Thanks for being such an entertaining group of degenerates. I enjoy trolling all you guys on the daily especially @juke. Thank you @JNH for tampering and bringing me to the Berserkers, it was a fantastic home for my first 4 seasons. I was even more thrilled to finally win a championship for the first time in my long tenure here. @bdu754 you are too good a soul for this haven of degenerates and I'm happy you haven't succumbed to their shenanigans. So many others in the locker room are great guys @Sopath @Toast @KlusteR @Lime @Carpy48 @Nhamlet @minnesotafine I'm sure I'm forgetting more

To the LAP:

@FuzzSHL @TheDangaZone I appreciate all the hard work you put into making the team as good as possible. You are both always looking to improve and guiding us in the right direction. You're management style makes this team so much fun to be a part of. @slothfacekilla you are always entertaining to chat with on discord, one of these days I hope fuzz lets you be a goon. @Festinator I have spent my whole career playing D with you, it's great to see you finally blow up this season. We will have many great seasons together for a long time. @sve7en you are another great LR guy, I have enjoyed getting to know you better and I enjoy all the content you provide. To @OrbitingDeath @Toivo @Tate @Segi @XLeafer @GCool @canes2112 @SewingWithNancy @Gumbaman @RomanesEuntDomus you all are a fantastic group of guys I am glad to be able to call my teammates.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

@Katth @trashae @RedCapeDiver @leafs1997 @Briedaqueduc @Matty7478 @MrRuihu To my staff in Kelowna, thank you for all you do, no matter how big or small. We finally managed to pull out a win the past season and the future is looking great too. Sometimes my expectations are high, but you guys are there in some way to help me achieve the vision I have in mind and it's greatly appreciated. It was a season late, but glad we could get you a cup Katth.

@Titan Not sure if you'll read this but I want to make it public for the haters. You've been one of the best locker room presences in my entire career with the Knights. Love having you and hope you'll stick around to some degree after your final season.

@JNH @SDCore @Kylrad @O4L @nykonax @sköldpaddor @'JAJA SWEG DINGDONG' @Nhamlet @Matteo To my Chicagos, I can't believe I've been on this team nearly two real years now. I think it speaks volumes when the core of the team has barely changed since the day I was drafted. Thank you all for being wonderful people and making Chicago an amazing team to play for. Also welcome to our additions this season, I hope you guys stick around : ) @The__Y-man__100 @juke @leafsftw1967

@Kalakar @Gwdjohnson @Ferda @dmills3 Canada hasn't been as bumping lately (at least for gaming), but still love you guys. Hope that we can get some more stuff going again in the future.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

[Image: Tex_party_bus.png]
Texas's Party Bus after their Challenge Cup Win

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

I'd say the guys that have done the most for me over my years here are the older squad of guys on the Texas Renegades, especially around the S36-45 era. I will admit when my second player got drafted there, I didn't know what to expect, but those guys are some of the most laid back people, and they made me love hanging out and doing SHL. Guys like dank, JP, Allen, Slowpoke, wuma, jay, phobos, and more are just great guys, and helped me through a lot in my personal life as well. For more recent times, the guys in Kelowna and Anaheim have been great. RedCape, Kaath, trashae to name a few in Kelowna are just great guys. In Anaheim, alaska, infidel, merica, Ace, zomp, and really just about everyone are guys that I enjoy just being able to sit back and talk about whatever with. Can't forget the guys in my rookie classes, most notably S31 (those few that still exist). There's been some great memories.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

PBE

There are many people that I truly appreciate on this wonderful internet site known as the Simulation Hockey League.

I appreciate @JumpierPegasus for becoming an accountant so he is able to audit big corporations to make sure that their financial information is factually correct to save them from big fines and punishments.

@Hallsy Thank you for joining the Simulation Hockey League along with Justin Patrick 10 years ago and being apart of the Steelhawks from the great city of Hamilton, Ontario and drafting me a few seasons ago. Thanks Jeff.

@golden_apricot I have bigger legs than you before I ever started squatting, thank you for giving my legs an ego boost George, I truly appreciate it.

@Gwdjohnson You almost died going to downtown Montreal drunk a few weeks ago just to celebrate the Habs winning a playoff series, good stuff Johnson.

@jeffie43 I appreciate you for being a friend to me in the Hamilton Steelhawks discord.

[Image: 3.png]

PBE affiliate

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

Well i have made a ton of new friends here and I am glad Ibwas able to meet em over something i never thought would be something i like! From the get go I learned this league isn't really about hockey it is mostly about friends and meeting new people. I had a lot of fun hours chatting wirh people on this site even if it were newly met people! Even when i went through hard times everyone here is supportive and offers help!
I wasn't sure if i should go around and tag everyone from my teams and the people i really like! But after some thought i decided not to as this should more be a tag to everyone on here! So whoever reads this: thanks for being a part of such an awsome community and being welcoming to everyone! It wouldn't be possible without you!
Let's hope that this awesome community stays and will find a ton of new people or better said friends!

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs