Create Account

s60 mPT #4: Feedback

I like the FHM engine over STHS. I feel like it brings so much more engagement to the players and they can watch the games happen rather than wait for a writeup to drop.
I hate the FHM engine. There are so many pieces that are still missing and it seems that when a update is released, regardless of our willingness to pay money for the software there are too many pieces not being worked on.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

People are far and away the best part of the site. People from all over the world make up the userbase and for the most part, everyone is cordial to each other. Biggest area for improvement is still communication, planning, and communicating about the planning. I do like that there are tentative dates in the calendar this season though.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

I think the new index is great. It's definitely a step up from the previous index. I just wish box scores had the actual, you know, box scores. I also like the layout of this forum. These guys have definitely learned some stuff in 11 legit years.

[Image: duncan_png.png]

The best part about this league/site is the people involved, but that's a bit of a cop-out answer, so I'll pick something else. The live events are very interesting. They don't always go according to plan, but still are fun to witness. 
Things I would change around the site would be the clique-ness of many of the positions and groups. Not sure exactly how to do it, but while I feel like the league as a whole is very welcoming to new people, jobs and other roles are a very "you have to know someone" situation.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

Thing I'd like changed: Competitive balance. Simon T had its bad moments for sure, but the prospect of an 8-1 blowout to Hamilton every night up when you're a middling or bad team gets kinda depressing

Thing I'd like kept: Generally the site's pretty sound in terms of foruming and the cash scale and etc so keep it.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

I love the use of discord. I know thats a relatively simple thing but I can't imagine using the site as forums alone, especially for communication.

They need to make all TPE earning opportunities very obvious!!! I beg. Even with reminders in the Texas LR, I missed some TPE not long ago (maybe it was like 1 TPE idk) but ANYTHING that gives TPE needs to be in one section, not thrown in announcements or anything. For semi-active players, I mostly am checking the player progression.

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

The new index is amazing, hope it can get better. The ultimate goal for it in my opinion is something very similar to Out of the Park's index, where you can click a player and see their entire career numbers.

I love the new index. It is good stuff and much more accessible than the old one. Banking is dead simple as well. The PTs are generally well though out and fun!

I am not a fan of the player update system. It would be nice if it was more automated. I constantly make stupid little mistakes that do get caught, but a better system would be easier on everyone and would probably up the retention rate.

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

One thing that I would not change about the site is probably the livestreams of the drafts. What I would change is increasing the transparency of different aspects to decision making that is made on the site, to improve user experience of course.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

The banking system is so awesome here.  Easily the best of any sim league I've been a part of.  It was in place when I joined the SHL so no idea who built it, but thank you.  And also the overall continued commitment to development of the site from the community is really a great thing to see.

Im a big fan of our banking system. I love that its automated as it reduces the chance of human error.

We need a better pick tracker, the current system leaves a lot to be desired and is often late to be updated or improperly updated.

Coming over from the ISFL, as just about everyone there will say, It's really amazing to see the automated banking system here, and I really appreciate whoever put that together and all the people that maintain that system.

My largest grievances on the site are twofold. One: there isn't a great resource for finding information about users and their places quickly and easily like you have with the ISFL's TPE Tracker (on this same note I find the index kinda clumsy to use as well). Two: There are way too many tasks in the SHL. Take this mPT for example. While it's fairly easy to do, there seems to be a million different little things between PTs, mPTs, Primetimes, 3on3s, ACs, trainings, etc. to try to keep track of week to week.

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-15-2021, 06:43 PM by Andy.)

Something that I love is the adoption of discord to the site so that way we have a live chat channel to talk instead of only having to use the forums.

Something I'd change would be having an updater tool like PBE has, that would be cool to have a tool that types out all of the code

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

I would never change the PT director. The PT director is awesome and is doing an excellent job giving us the TPE opportunities. I cherish every week I get to type for precious TPEs. What I would change is people writing with a black font, making it unreadable for people browsing the forum on dark mode.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

i would not change how poorly the site is run and how every person on this site is terrible and thats why the site is so nice cause everything sucks and everyone hates each other and buffalo keeps getting away with it

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa