Create Account

(2X Draft Media) A case for the Squidlets

Looking for reasons to draft a fuck ton of Carolina Kraken rookies onto your SHL team? 
LOOK
NO 
FURTHER

Let me break it down to you, real slow like, for all you folks who have trouble counting to 20 in closed-toe shoes.

2nd round, game 6 exit from the playoffs for Carolina with SEVEN rookies in the lineup. Seven. That's a lot. And yeah, sure, a first round by, whatever. But I counter with: we weren't there by accident. 

Over the regular season, Carolina proved time and again their ability to battle against every opponent, even the overwhelming monsters in Newfoundland and regular-season Anchorage. WE beat the best. Not always, but we finished well, and showed toughness and competition throughout. But more importantly? We had fun. It was ride, a trip, a blast.

Do you want studs who can put up big dubs and crazy point totals? We got em.

Do you want cool and funny dudes? Got those too!

Dudes who make sick media and graphics? You know it!

Looking for a dude who pretends to be a Russian and also scores DISGUSTING overtime game winners? GUESS FUCKING WHAT WE GOT ONE OF THOSE.

Atticus Hale, Patya Perevalov, Eddie Kastrba all projected to go top 15. Big TPE totals, complete no-brainers, solid gold dudes one and all, any one of you would be lucky to have them and better treat them right.

Looking for a studly beefcake of a goalie who carried us through impossible odds to some huge wins in his rookie season? 
Meeka.
Fucking.
Keprosoft.

He's here, in a big way, and he's not going away. Love him. That is not a suggestion.

Need some foxy bois to guard the henhouse? 
How about a pair of Foxes on the blueline? Tanner and Vincent, Vincent and Tanner. Two more rookies with great debut seasons and phenomenal locker room presence. These are solid dudes, with big futures.

How about an underdog? Projected 50th overall, my boi Ellis Lee!
Don't sleep on this hefty Canuck. I didn't select him for Team Canada's World Junior Team for no reason. He can play. He can hit. He can make me laugh. Presumably, he dances a mean tango, but that isn't important (unless it is?).

So RUN, don't walk, to your local GM and Head Scout at your nearest SHL franchise and tell 'em Ben sent you, with a message to keep in mind for the upcoming draft:

If it don't smell like calamari, IT AIN'T ON THE MENU.

In all seriousness, these dudes are all amazing and I love them to bits. Best of luck to everyone in the upcoming draft, and I'll remind you before I go: maybe the real 1st Overall pick was the friends we made along the way.

Oh, I'm sorry, did you want some numbers? GOTCHU FAM.

Meeka Keprosoft: anything but soft! 16 and 14 in his rookie season, putting up a very respectable .901 SV facing over 1000 shots. He stole some big wins, and has literally no skill ceiling. This dude will be slaying giants in seasons to come.

Tanner Fox: this dude has been around, he knows what's up. 36 (11G, 25 A) points in 66 regular season games as a defenceman is mad impressive. He also put up 73 hits and 53 blocked shots. He's active at both ends of the ice and finishing with a +4 shows he's responsible, and a contributor to a winning lineup.

Patya Perevalov: 13G 13A, with a +7 through regular season, with a 15.7% shooting accuracy. Patya is on course to be a top line sniper in his prime, and is an absolute monster on offence. 26 points with only nine and half minutes of ice time per game. Patya knows how to make the most of his ice time, and his space. Pick him up if you want to WIN.

Ellis Lee: 7G, 16A through regular season, +9 overall. Three 68 hits and half a half minute per game on the penalty kill. Ellis has all the makings of a star two-way forward, responsible defensively and more than capable of generating offence. On the 4th line with Patya and Atticus, the rookie crew handled some tough matchups and delivered, game after game.

Eddie Kastrba: 15A and +8 through regular season, with 95 hits and 53 shot blocks. Literally what else are you looking for in a D-man? Eddie racked up 1:45 min of penalty kill per game, as a rookie, and still put up the stats he did. Beast of a defender, tenacious and stalwart. And at 6 foot 1, 213 pounds, this guy will turn your beef up your blue line in a BIG way.

Vincent Fox: a 20 point debut season as a bottom 4 defenseman is respectable. Vincent is an investment for the future. In a draft chock-full of defence prospects, Vincent stands out as a strong locker room presence, this guy is an absolute star. I cannot speak highly enough of how he has helped continue to shape the Carolina culture with his positive attitude and humour.

Atticus Hale: the last member of the Carolina rookie 4th line, Atticus tallied 7G and 12A, finishing with a +6. This line was a force to be reckoned with. In the extremely tight QCC playoff series, they made the difference in a number of key games, and generated some startling offence in the face of adversity. Off the ice, he is a genial presence in the LR, and as one of the highest TPE earners from his class, and a Centreman, Atticus would be a obvious choice to any team looking to fill a trophy case in the future.

Enough gushing, enjoy the draft, and good luck in S61!

[Image: banes.png]

Kraken Kraken Kraken

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

I wonder where Tanner Fox will end up  Hmm

Love it! Great read and analysis!

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]