Create Account

S60 Championship Week

Rex Kirkby had a slower season than normal and did not even manage to crack the forty point barrier however it was not that bad because everything else in life seemed to be coming together. While a lot of people were having a tough year the move to Philadelphia really helped Rex. He had become some what of a journey man in recent seasons but his arrival in Philly had a feeling of finality about it and that made him happy. The gradual slowdown of his career meant that he was happy to head to a team that was not necessarily going to perform that well on the ice as long as it meant that he could use his veteran presence to mentor the next generation of elite defensemen. Surprisingly though Philly performed above expectations in the regular season and managed to make it to the post season where they put up a decent fight before being eliminated by Baltimore.

[160]

3/3

[Image: spBctoT.png]

6/16

a: I think at this point its more or less obvious that Chicago are basically tampering their way to success. All and sundry from Newfoundland are just happening to find themselves going to free agency or throwing a tantrum to avoid being traded to another team. Without this its unlikely they would be anywhere near the cup finals. [57]

b: This one is easily in Buffalos favour especially now that Chicago has been moved to the chronically weak Western Conference where their pathway to the conference finals is more or less guaranteed with the derth of competition. On top of this teams can fluke their way to a couple of finals where as long term consistency is the real challenge. [60]

c: In fairness to Chicago they have updated the logo and the alternate is pretty fresh even though it for some reason has four stars on it when they've only won one championship. However their old logo was completely terrible. Weird looking prune man thing and basically copying the Boston Bruins unis in their entirity. [54]

d: Kind of biased on this one because I am a defenseman but I think Alexis Metzler is probably the best player to play for either of these teams. He was a three time first team all star, a two time scott stevens winning defenseman with a further two nominations and he comes in at 5th all time in defenseman points with 697. [62]

10/16

15. trivia verification word: Boats

13/16

17. Milestones

16/16

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.
Answering this as a J GM, I think it would be nice to keep the format of everyone makes it, but I believe HO said that was not possible due to FHM limitations. In juniors it’s nice if everyone gets a taste of the playoffs, even if it’s a likely first round exit. Only allowing 8 of 14 teams would be far too few. This would have almost half the J with an extra long offseason and isn’t smart to give players in their first season(s) that much idle time. With the new format of 12/14 making it I think it’s fair, though the divisions will be somewhat dumb with FHM limitations. It will make the GM side of things more interesting with having two teams being clear sellers.

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The salt special: Do these teams deserve to be here? Or were they gifted a trip to the finals through puck luck and bullshittery?
b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?
c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor.
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

A)  I think both teams deserved to be in the finals. This season it should have either been Chicago or Texas from the West, and Buffalo or Hamilton from the East. Odd how the best teams have to play in the second round, not much change from previous seasons. Thanks SHL for copying the poor NHL current format.

B) As a Chicago player for I guess half their existence now, I give this one to Buffalo. To consistently be a top team and a contender most seasons is amazing. Their GMs are generally considered the best in the league and there’s a reason for that. They look to continue to be strong and nowhere close to a rebuild which is insane asset management.

D) For Chicago, it’s Martijn Westbroek. He’s led the Syndicate in regular season points for five consecutive seasons ever since his breakout season. When he retires he’ll easily go down as the best Syndicate player of all time in the franchise’s short history. He also led the league for playoff points this season and likely would have won playoff MVP if Chicago won the cup.

Code:
14. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.
[Image: eAk4kFo.png]

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max
qooq

Code:
16. slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Luke let you keep the money you stole from him in the heist, and won't tell the authorities. But you have to take him on a wonderful date using the money. How does your evening go? What dining and activities do you have in store for good ol' Lukey boy?
I don’t recall how much that was, but I assume it’s enough to do anything. I have the perfect idea for a date we’d both enjoy. I’d fly us both to Philadelphia and first we’d have lunch at some upscale restaurant. After that we’d do a little sightseeing, maybe the Liberty Bell. I’m not American so I don’t know what else is there. Finally in the evening we’d go to the main event, this would be the Flyers home game when they play Colorado. I’m sure Luke would have a great time and drink enough during the game he wouldn’t care about the Flyers losing. @'luketd'

Code:
17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
+3 Milestones

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 08:01 PM by Mediocre_Fred.)

We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.

As long as it is still feasible, I think the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League should still use the same format where all teams make it. It isn't really fun when your team doesn't make the playoffs in the SHL, so we shouldn't have it happen like that in the SMJHL, the place where everyone starts out and learns about how the game and community work. Not making playoffs could be a way to drive people away from the site if they don't feel the (faux) success of making it to the playoffs in their first seasons of the game.
2 TPE

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

This one is Easy Peasy! Switzerland is going to do quite well again this IIHF tournament just like they did last year. I feel like last year's run was kind of unexpected, but I also think it was far from a fluke. A pretty good team with some high end players as well as a lot of middle and lower tier players with a lot of growth potential. If the team plays as well this time as they did last time, I think we could see a new powerhouse national team to start rivaling the likes of Canada, United States of America, and Great Britain, which are teams that traditionally do really well each year. They might not be as big of and underdog as they were last year, but I think people will still be caught off guard by how well they do again this coming tournament this year.
3 TPE

7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
We're at a point in the SHL where a good chunk of the playerbase played back in the STHS era, and a good chunk has known nothing but FHM. If you're in the latter part of the league you must have heard the horror stories... so: Let's make a hypothetical.
Players who played in both eras: What would have happened if we just had one sim engine? Posture how your career would have gone if we stayed in STHS (sans exploits). Or what if you had created in FHM the whole time? Would things have gone better or worse?
For you FHM babies: What if we were still in Simon T land? Would your career be where it is now? Or would randomness have stunted the dynasties you may or may not have been part of?

I had one season in the STHS era, so it isn't really enough to say I am from there since my player had like 200 TPE total. I have heard the stories though. I would have to say, I think my player is already sort of random in the FHM era, so I don't know if he'd be much different if I had built him in the STHS era with similarly comparable attributes. I really think it just depends on how well you knew the STHS system. I think there are people who are currently gaming the FHM system, but the knowledge on how to might not be widely talked about like it was with the old way. It is possible that the so called randomness and chaos of STHS would give my player a boost, but I think that since I didn't know how to game the system, it wouldn't have been much different than it is for me now with FHM.
3 TPE

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. The salt special: Do these teams deserve to be here? Or were they gifted a trip to the finals through puck luck and bullshittery?

Yes, they did deserve to both be there. Why do I say this? Well because the two teams that were in the championship were both probably good. I also think that the season is long enough to negate any "luck" that might be given to a team throughout it and really rely on there actual skill level.

b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?

I'm going to have to go with the continued dominance of Buffalo. My reasoning for this is the many changes that have happened to the SHL in those 20 seasons that could potentially make it  easier for other teams to be at the top, like the sim change, or the multiple free redistribution we have gotten.

c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor.

Chicago has the worst logo and mascot in not just the SHL, but also if you include the SMJHL, and they have some bad logos. I hope whoever came up with the name, designed the logo, and approved the logo all got fired and were never hired in that field again. I hate it.

3 TPE

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Here is my verification word

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3086573

1 TPE

Total TPE (before grading): 12

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 07:55 PM by LordBirdman.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE, Ups and Downs (150 words min.)
So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?

It was another tough season for Sven Svenson and the San Francisco Pride. The Pride have continued to make strides in rebuilding from the depths of the darkest gutter, but there is still a ways to go. The Pride finished last in the Pacific Division with a record of 20-41-5, but a bright spot was not finishing dead last in the conference or the league – the Pride finished 17th overall. Sven had a pretty good season personally on SFP’s top line, finishing with 21 goals and 34 assists for 55 points. It was a slight downgrade to his previous season where he scored 30 goals and 26 assists, but Sven was nonetheless happy to put up over 50 points again. With a still young roster, Sven is hopeful for the future. Another bright spot for the season was the continued dedication of his teammates to improve, every young player worked hard to improve their game.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Freaky Friday.. or Monday. Tuesday? Anyhow, I think the finals will be over by Friday barring some kind of Re-sim :grimace: Anyways, I forgot the plot of the movie but there's something about a fortune cookie and now you're in your mom's body! But actually, it's the body of an SHL player, one from Chicago or Buffalo! (If you are on Buffalo or Chicago, you can't be yourself, pick a teammate or opponent). Now that you are them and they are you, what do you do during the big game? Play amazing and turn a scrub into a superstar? Play like a bum and try to help the other team win? Oggle yourself in the mirror? The world is so exciting in a new body...

Freaky Friday occurs for Sven and he ends up in the body of none other than Steve Harrington. It’s a strange feeling for Sven to be downgraded from a powerful, strong man to a quick, nimble yet weak man. It’s also odd to look in the mirror and see a different type of handsome man looking at him back in the mirror. Sven has always enjoyed partying in Buffalo for some reason, so he is going to take full advantage of his time off the ice hitting up the various bars to the fullest extent. He isn’t really worried about performing too well on the ice, although Sven does has a begrudging respect for the Buffalo organization. On the ice, Sven is going to try to learn a different style game through his new body. Instead of being a heavy, physical player with a nose for the net Sven will rely on Harrington’s quickness and passing ability to try to round out play for whenever he gets back into his own body.

Code:

In my humble opinion as a former SMJHL GM, I firmly believe that the playoffs should be reduced to 8 or 12 teams instead of everyone making it. I believe the playoffs should be something of a reward for a well-played regular season, even if it is only a couple of teams that don’t get that honor. Making the regular season more impactful and important will make those games leading into the trade deadline or down the stretch all the more interesting. It will also drive trade activity and more realism if teams know that making the playoffs is out of the cards, or not always a guaranteed thing. The counterpoint of trying to keep juniors players engaged isn’t a good one in my opinion, because the worst teams almost always are swiftly eliminated and giving those teams’ players an extension of 2-3 days isn’t really that beneficial.

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

boop

Code:
Luke let you keep the money you stole from him in the heist, and won't tell the authorities. But you have to take him on a wonderful date using the money. How does your evening go? What dining and activities do you have in store for good ol' Lukey boy?

Naturally, Luke and I are going to a Bruins v Flyers game in Boston. Luke seems like the type to be able to enjoy a few drinks and snacks at the game before going to a nice meal after the game ends. If he prefers it, we can grab something nice near the Garden beforehand and I’m voting for tacos. If he likes my original plan, we are going to a steakhouse to get a fine filet and red win after the Bruins physically and emotionally dominate the Flyers. He will be a little upset by the game, but my quick wit and stunning charm will surely win him over in the end.

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

milestones

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 09:41 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

Code:
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

a. Obviously. Both teams has gotten here through hard work and both teams are elite with elite talent. I love all the talk about Chicago tampering and all that shit.(a lot of it coming from Buffalo) I don't see whats so strange about good friends ending up playing together, Yes there is a bunch of NL guys on Chicago, if liking each other and wanting to play with your friends is tampering then so be it. If thats the case then i guess you could argue that Buffalo has blackmailed other GMs into trading them all their assets or something, lmao. It's just stupid, get real. 105

b. I'd definitely say that it's more impressive that Buffalo has been in the finals so many times in the last decade or so. I'd say 15 seasons is enough to become a competitive team in this league with how often some GMs have fire-sales. Buffalo(and Hamilton) has managed to stay dominant for a long time and i don't really see it ending any time soon. But i guess it's okay because they're not signing FAs that played on one specific team eh. 83

c. I don't know, i guess the Buffalo goalhorn? I'm more of a song/horn kind of dude. I don't dislike it but if there's one thing i guess it's that, lmao. I like both identities and i don't really have anything bad to say about either of them to be honest. 51

d. Oh god, im terrible at keeping track on anything except game results and my own player to be honest. I guess Martijn Westbroek is probably the best player that has played for Chicago? For Buffalo i don't know, they've been around since just before i joined so it's been a while, way too many players to choose between. 59

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Even though the Chicago Syndicate lost in a heartbreaking game 7 after having a 3-1 series lead, there is really only one series MVP in this series, and that is Mat Smith. Dude stood on his head, literally. He bailed Chicago out countless times and faced like 50 shots every other game and still managed to put up amazing numbers in the series. I love my Evok and she is hunny but Mat Smith series MVP for sure. I probably wouldn't put him as MVP of the entire playoffs, but he is MVP of this series and MVP in our hearts. Mat Smith a true cutie.

Code:

formx

Code:

I'd take Luke out on a romantic date on the sea restaurant Baratie located in the East Blue.
[Image: Baratie_Anime_Infobox.png]

There the lovely thugs, ehrmmm i mean world renown chefs will prepare us a wonderful seven course meal with everything from sea king-soup to dinasour steak. After that we will move on to the lovely streets of Loguetown, the city of the beginning and the end. We would watch whatever execution is planned for the day at the famous aquare where the pirate king was executed. We would end the night at the Gold Roger bar for drinks, and hopefully i would get him to follow me home. However this was only my evil scheme to trick him into my home, so i could chain him up in seastone handcuffs to weaken him and keep him as my pet forever, pulling the strings from behind the SHL scenes.

Code:
MILESTONES TBD (check back later)

+3

14 total

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Code:
Freaky Friday.. or Monday. Tuesday? Anyhow, I think the finals will be over by Friday barring some kind of Re-sim :grimace: Anyways, I forgot the plot of the movie but there's something about a fortune cookie and now you're in your mom's body! But actually, it's the body of an SHL player, one from Chicago or Buffalo! (If you are on Buffalo or Chicago, you can't be yourself, pick a teammate or opponent). Now that you are them and they are you, what do you do during the big game? Play amazing and turn a scrub into a superstar? Play like a bum and try to help the other team win? Oggle yourself in the mirror? The world is so exciting in a new body...

yeah i'm definitely going to take over uhhh ok i am going to be honest i really do not want to take control of any of their bodies like that is kind of creepy and i would rather not think about it so i am not sure why i picked this prompt but i guess it was because it looked the most doable so i guess i will have to do it any way. ok so like i would probably just take over jack kanoff's body because why not because there is like not that much pressure on him to do well because he just joined a winning team so he is just kind of chilling and even if he does not do anything he can just get carried to a cup so like that seems like a really chill existence but maybe if i were him i would actually try to play as poorly as possible just to see how far buffalo can carry his heavy ass just like how aleks carries him in league of legends solo queue. i am really just kidding @jeffie43 i didnt know what to write about so i just rambled on about some random shit i am sorry i did not mean any of this.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

ok so hear me out here boys you know sometimes i feel like i could really just take the same thing that i wrote last season for this prompt and copy and paste it, except this is the one season where i can not anymore because the two usual favourites for the tournament, canada and great britain, managed to choke on their own saliva last season and neither team even medaled !!! (i think at least, i do not really remember anymore and i do not really keep up with the international ice hockey federation tournament in the offseason of the simulation hockey league any more so all in all it is quite sad) so now my bold new prediction now that these tournaments have been blown wide open and anyone can win is that the czech team of czech people from the country of czechia are going to win it all!!!!!!!! they will do very well. i expect germany to do not well because they suck! however i expect scoochie @honkerrs stratton to shut out great britain because of his hacks!!! oh and i think angus mcfife 18 will do well in wjc @micool132

Code:
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

hey huge big ginormous enormous gigantic fantastic congratulations to the buffalo stampede lets go i love wanna beef in and especially the forty third jeffie @jeffie43 for managing to wrangle up a whole band of pepes so that they can jam out for the goal song of the buffalo stampede in the finals of the season sixty challenge cup finals in the simulation hockey league between the stampede of buffalo new york and the syndicate of chicago illinois. my pick for most valuable player (also normally called the MVP in these circles) has gotta be chimkin @Ragnar tendy like hell yeah his player has got to be keeping the locker room together like he's the real glue behind the team so i think that's why he's the most valuable.

Code:

yay

Code:

alright so since we didn't actually end up stealing that much money because i am a very incompetent thief sorry luke we are actually just going to be going on a date to the wonderful dairy queen near my house you know like i have always been a pretty huge fan of dairy queen ice cream especially just their normal soft serve cones so i would consider this to be a pretty good date, i am not sure what luke the dog would think though. but you know if he doesn't like dairy queen then we can always go to mac donals instead for some hamrburgers and fries.

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3086616
+3

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2021, 12:41 AM by DollarAndADream.)

Code:
So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?
This season something crazy happened. This is something I would consider to be a crime in the Calgary Dragons community. So, word got out during the season that some of the Calgary Dragons players did not like chicken parm meals. One of those selected players by the LIARS who started this rumor was Mikael Choybuk. Choybuk just would not have that, as he loves chicken parms and eats it every single day, as is tradition.
"There is no way that this rumor is true. I am a chicken parm god and I refuse to acknowledge any of these rumors that came forward. I think I can also speak for my teammates who have been named as well, and if any of you Calgary media even believed for a second that I do not like chicken parms, then you should be fired immediately." - Choybuk

Something good came of this though, and that is that the Calgary Dragons team obtained even more chicken parm sponsorships.

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Pokemon! Everyone loves em, and if you don't, you didn't have a childhood. Or adulthood. Anyways, let's imagine all SHL and SMJHL players are now pokemon. Assemble your team! On top of that, what is your strategy to navigate the POKESHL? Try to get the strongest pokemon and become champion? Catch all of the possible players and complete your pokedex? UwU Breed them? Catch low level juniors players and train them? Or become a gym leader, helping others on their path to greatness? I'd love to hear your approach.
Assembing a Pokemon squad should be similar to building a team in the SHL. You start by catching them when they're low level, by drafting them. Then you encourage and help them to build their player into superstars, similar to how to train and level up your Pokemon. I think for my team, I just have to pick all the Dragons, being from the Calgary Dragons.
So, for my squad:
Mike Izzy: Giratina
Esa Parmborg: Rayquaza
Mikael Choybuk: Charizard
Brennan Kennedy Jr: Dragonite
Kaspars Claude: Dialga
Kata Vilde: Tyrantrum
Look, if you come at me and say Charizard isn't a dragon type Pokemon, I don't care what you say. Look at that dude. He's a dragon. If you want to argue with me, then I guess I'll just say that Mikael Choybuk is Mega Charizard X then, because he's a dragon type.
This combination of dragons and legendaries will destroy the rest of the league. Dragons over everything.

Code:
The unimaginable happened. The playoffs were put on rewind, and we were back to game 1 of the Challenge Cup Finals. As Mats Marner of the Chicago Syndicate was walking through the hallway of the stadium to the locker room, he went to the washroom first. In there he met Mikael Choybuk at the urinals, and they stood beside each other and peed at the same time. You would not believe what happened next. Choybuk and Marner switched bodies upon peeing beside each other simultaneously! Choybuk was now in the body of Mats Marner, and he still had all of his Choybuk skills. Mats Marner was in Choybuk's body, and now he wasn't in the playoffs....and had to watch from the stands. What happened next? Well, Marner went on to score a hat trick in 4 straight games in the finals against the Buffalo Stampede. He had 12 goals in 4 games, including 20 points in the finals,eliminating Buffalo in a 4 game sweep. At the conclusion of Game 4, they switched bodies again, just as the cup was brought on to the ice, so Mats Marner could still celebrate with his teammates.

Code:
A definite congrats to the Buffalo Stampede! I think the MVP has to go to one of the goalies, and that one of course being Elizabeth Doyle. The Stampede kept the Chicago Syndicate to 3 goals or less throughout the whole series, and Elizabeth Doyle had a 2.02 goals against average throughout the whole playoffs. You gotta hand it to the goaltender. Hell, Chicago had 3 goals or less in each game of the series, and 2 of those games they were held to just 1 goal. With consistent performances like that from a goaltender, winning a championship will always be possible.

Code:
boobs

Code:
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3086630 +2

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

Quote:2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Pokemon! Everyone loves em, and if you don't, you didn't have a childhood. Or adulthood. Anyways, let's imagine all SHL and SMJHL players are now pokemon. Assemble your team! On top of that, what is your strategy to navigate the POKESHL? Try to get the strongest pokemon and become champion? Catch all of the possible players and complete your pokedex? UwU Breed them? Catch low level juniors players and train them? Or become a gym leader, helping others on their path to greatness? I'd love to hear your approach.

Man I would love to play this game. As was given as an example in the question I definitely feel like I would go the route of 1st Gym Leader. My favorite part of the SHL is helping people to have as much fun in this league as I do and what better way to do that by facilitating their first “challenge” in the league. I would take as my team Jumbo, Talls, Micool, Birdman, Trips, Jurt. This gym would be the first of its kind, a dino type gym. Characterized by fast pokemon and massive bites. It would start by getting into one of those jurassic world bubble car things and you have to go through a tilting maze while fighting the other trainers in the gym. In the end I feel like this would be an extremely OP 1st gym team though so good luck to everyone trying to progress in this.

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE (60 words min.)
Ugh, poetry is so 17th century, we're ditching that prompt. Earlier in the season I had you flex your songwriting in an SHL style parody, but this time you don't have a song to lean on. You're writing your very own diss track about something SHL related. A player, A team, A GM, anything. You can write a diss track about CW if you want.

Here are the rules: At least 12 lines (and at least 60 words total) but if you wanna do more go for it. I'm not laying out a specific rhyme scheme but there has to be rhyme in it. Be creative! This prompt is not for everyone, if you have a problem with it there are like 15 other prompts I made for ya. NOTE: THIS IS ALL IN JEST; ANYTHING OVERLY MEAN OR MALICIOUS WILL NOT BE GRADED. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Little excerpt of my song Doesn't Fit (Fitted Diss) Just the chorus and part of the first verse. Got permission from fitted for this for reference lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ueap1OVawg

(Chorus)
got fitted talkin hot on the podcast [soon as drums start]
saying hes hard, gonna talk some rap on it
gonna get a head start DINO Gang SWEST side 
clap clap clap clap till the cups come in 

4 *respectful women* in the back doing test sims. 
One is my mom shes always been there for me (sorry mom)
Step in my zone she packs up the gat 
clap clap clap …… my territory (bye bye)

(Verse 1)
full truth, just tryna get my name out 
Even just to call the wamey lameys out 
makin millions on the ice (trump: “china”)
but I wanna see a wack pittsburger smash on the grill just for the thrill of it  [squished]

Youd think by now someone else would take this bait
But but by now seems that its up to me
Just 5 seasons in and still past the 
person you were ever destined to be

Quote:5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
This is a hard thing for me to really grasp the full idea of because I have never been on a J team that wasn’t fairly competitive so its hard to know how it really feels to be a user that is on a bad team, but I think I’m usually good at ‘putting myself in someone’s shoes’. I get the idea that it sucks for a team to not make the playoffs at all, but as far as I’ve seen is the chances of those bottom tier teams actually making several upset is so low. Personally I think id rather just know I’m done then have to sit through the playoffs where we get decimated. On top of this, the J just has so much more turnaround. So those teams that are doing TERRIBLE as long as your GM is decent even the people that got in right at the start of a rebuild should be on a competitive team at least one season of their J career (and if it was planned well would end up with better odds than those teams who try and maintain competitiveness). This is why I think it would be better to just make some teams miss the playoffs if we had to. 

Quote:10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.
[Image: z0fCoV5.png]

Quote:15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Word: Woopie

Quote:16. slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Holy shit this would be the best night of my life. Not sure where luke is but I would break out my big date guns. We would be going to a high class restaurant for sure. Id start it off with either a broadway play or a rooftop rave, Idk how classy luke is but I feel like we’d end up at the rave. To eat it would have to be high class for sure but most importantly someplace nice and quiet so I can talk to him about SHL all night. And by talking to him about SHL I mean annoying him about questions and ideas I have without him being able to leave.
Code:
16/16

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 08:40 PM by fever95.)

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE
I'm pretty sure y'all were doing the ring prompt in like 5 minutes on a website... so we'll do something harder. Sorry. Depict the championship parade of either team in the finals. Fans should be wearing the appropriate color clothes and the logo of the winning team should be depicted at least twice in the image.
[Image: Kth452S.png]

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.
[Image: BQfGCs9.png]

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.
[Image: gkxYa5e.png]

Code:
fever

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
S60 SMJHL Milestones +2

ISFL Affiliation +3

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 08:45 PM by Muford.)

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid505711

welfare

15 -

Verification Word - Cum

1 -

We are lucky, I guess, if you can state that what happened this season as lucky, for what happened to Vladmir Petrov this season. Thank goodness there were not any more nuisances and problems that happened during the season, that was more then enough to drive anyone insane in the membrane. There was some happiness that came from this whole season though, and that would be that Vladmir Petrov and the Tampa Bay Barracuda were able to make it into the playoffs this year. Yeah, yeah, we know, they were knocked out in the first round, but alas, that is not what we are talking about. We are discussing the happiness that happened with the Barracuda finally turning over that leaf and looking somewhat competitive in the regular season, and being able to push forward into the playoffs with their heads held high because they were able to overcome so much adversity to get there. The Barracuda are going to continue climbing upwards.

(163 Words)

5 -

I personally think its time to finally change it up in the SMJHL, especially with adding two teams to the mix. While I understand it’s a development league, and it’s the juniors and it is all supposed to be fun and dandy, it’s time to make it actually mean something. I think you need to have the top 8 teams from the league make the playoffs to fight for the SMJHL Minors Trophy. You can no longer have it be everyone makes it and that just takes away from the spirit of competitiveness and you need to make the SMJHL start to mean something more then basically a participation trophy. The SMJHL will be better when the playoffs format changes.

(120 words)

6 -

While you could call me a homer pick all you want, I think that Norway is going to be the team to beat in the IIHF this year. While of course, Tommy Tuck was on that team, and now my boy Vladmir Petrov is also a Norway National, I cant help but pick them to be a big surprise. They have been trending upwards year after year, having some great creates and recreates go there, and they are finally at that point where they can compete year in and year out for the gold medal. The Norwegians are at that point where the whole roster is just fucking stacked and they are only going to keep getting better. Our old guys are dying out, but the new young bloods are there to pick up right where they left off and continue the legacy of the great Norway. You need to sit back, relax and watch some great hockey when Norway comes to town.

(163 words)

16 -

Luke would get the whole shebang. Luke and I shared a Locker Room in Tampa Bay this past season, so of course, I would take him on the most romantic getaway that he could possibly dream of. We would go to a candlelit dinner, with the fanciest French Wine and we would sit back, hold hands and stare lovingly into each other’s eyes. After dinner, we would go for a walk around the park, bottle of wine in hand, and end up cuddling next to each other on the park bench until the sun came up. Then I would walk Luke home still holding hands, and make sure he got in safely, because there are always creepers lurking out there.

(120 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 08:48 PM by BadWolf.)

Milestones +2

Trivia Verification word - Potatoes

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

This season was a strange one for Conner Hutton, to say the least. It had seemed like the Specters took a step forward which was a long time coming, and frankly nice. They aren't a top team and won't be for a while, but going down and being in the basement for his entire career has been pretty dreadful. He, however, had slowly and consistently gotten better. Obviously, his first season seemed to have been his most offensively potent, or at least threatening, but this season showed the trend he was setting. This had been the most defensively outstanding he had been his whole career, and on the Specters roster of last season, it makes it all the more impressive. This was not necessarily the player he had thought he'd be in the SHL, but finding success regardless is very good. Hopefully, he is able to keep his play on the defensive side of the puck this good, and work on producing more with new, and young talent being injected into the roster.

(173 words)

I never liked forcing every team to make it. Sure, it could be cool, but when it results in an awful format, why bother? It wouldn't be like the SHL is out of line by not letting every team in, either. The MiLPBE lets just over half into playoffs, if I recall correctly, and the DSFL? Well, let's just say if you have a problem with two teams missing it here..

I get the idea behind it for juniors, I do. And from the little I have said on the forum, I've mostly sided with the fact the J is a developmental league, and meant to get players involved. That said, I don't think this is an issue that requires every team to make playoffs. A team can make it and get swept first round, just dominated. How fun. Instead, how about we focus on changes to the IIHF and WJC, which so many people have said, and mentioned ideas for. Where IIHF TEAMS have complained about it being not run the best it could be. Those players that missed the J playoffs now have something to look forward to. 

The trouble with where the J is at right now is eight almost seems like too little, even for me. But 12 of 14 is awkward. Regardless, I don't think every team making it should be as big of a deal as it is. Things can be planned better. Coming from a GM who will most likely miss playoffs the first one or two seasons.

(255 words)

Yeah, they're some of the best teams, so they deserve to be there. Maybe a game or two was lucky and that shifted the tides, but that's hockey, if a team can't win past a game like that every series, I'm not so sure they're the best. Maybe matchups could have helped teams, but in the end, you've got to beat everyone on your path to win. (67 words)

Being on an expansion team or two, I've gotta give Chicago some love. Making it how many times is great and all but we know what's up with all that and the teams that can do that. Big whoop. Teams like Chicago building up and making contending teams is fun to watch even if Chicago isn't one of my favourite franchises. (61 words)

I don't like the green and yellow Buffalo has running. I don't mind either colour if used well, but as a combination, and as the only two colours? It really ain't that great. One of the main reasons Regina doesn't see green, even though that may or may not be the main colour you think of for Saskatchewan. (58 words)

The best player in Buffalo history is Joe Kurczewski, it's too bad they treated him so poorly. They could always use a star like him. Oh well, maybe one day they will retire his number or something. I heard for the time he was there Buffalo sold a historical amount of jerseys. Gotta love a guy like Kurczewski. (58 words)

No

Well obviously to keep the money you've gotta give Luke a good time, make him feel special, I ain't about to use half the money I just stole, but you get the idea. Gonna get some rando suit dude to go to his house in the morning, get Luke a nice brand new expensive ass suit, then you gotta pick him up in a limosine. One painted in something stupid to show I got money to spend other than the cash poking out my back pocket. Luke seems like a guy who likes meat, so I'll bring him to a nice steak house and let him pick whatever he wants to eat (under $30) as well as a pop as a drink if he wants that. Then I'll take him to Dairy Queen and let him look at the menu before going back home. 

(144 words)

Two to claim

1. (3 TPE)

my guy had some bad stuff happen this season like for example my simulation hockey league player known as aleksander kozlov who is currently a player in the simulation hockey leagues division that is located in one of the conferences on the simulation hockey league franchise that is widely known and loved called the tampa bay barracuda has had his identity stolen on the internet by an identity burglar. the burglar was on his twitter acount posting garbage about tampa bay barracuda being a BAD team and that he has requested a trade. this is very bad news for our friend aleksanderk ozlov cause he loves playing in tamap and tampa is not a bad team. some good stuff happened for my guy aleksander kozlov this season too though because he got lots of points this season and continuted to develop this offseason as well we got new goalie who is awesome so watch out for aleksander and the tampa bay next season they aere gonna win big time

6. (3 TPE)

this iihf seaosn i expect my paleyr aleksander kozlov who is from russia to play well in the iihf tournament and my playaer aleksander kkozlovs's country which is of course russia to do very well in the touranment too. This is ecause russia has lots of good player splaying for it who can effectively skate very fast, pass very well, stickhandle very well, defend very well, attack very well, hit very well, stickcheck very well, score very well, cycle very well, excecute players very well, practice very well, deke very well, is very good on the penalty kill as well as bveing very good on the powerplay, very good at drawing penalties, and very good at avoiding taking penalties. for all these reasons is why i think russia is the top contedner this seaon in iihf and my player known as aleksander kozlov in these parts will be a big part of it cause he is a good player for the urssain team

7. (3 TPE)

i kind of miss the simon t hockey simulator to be honest, the new siulation is very confusing to work out and figure out strategy, the simon t I had a good handle on how to be effective. It also had some randomness that i kind of miss, if you had a coupel superstar on the team you alwasy had a chacne to win, I had a miracle run to the finals hwne i was mid rebuild with the jets one time, yet when i had a stacked team I still managed to get back to back finals and a cup. So good teams were rewarded yet you weren't fucked for 2 irl years if your team was bad. Furthermore rebuild were way shorter cause players were more effective earlier. If you had a good center you could throw some 700-1000 tpe wingers in the top 6 and be a good team with production from them. You could even make the team in your D+2 at 500 tpe and be a bottom 6 contributor. Not needing to wait until your 1500 tpe to be okay was super nice.

12. (4 TPE)

a)
these stupid simulation hockey league teams do not deserve to be here it is number one bullshit that they have made it this far i tell you why right now its because my team the tampa bay barracuda should be in finals and winners and only lost becaues of bad sim engine screwing us over big bullshit

b)
chicago is more impressive because people were shitting all over them after the original expansion draft how they blew it and new orleans took them to the cleaners, but the gms knew what they were doing and built a powerhouse from the ground up and are now a premiere team in the shl in very short time

c)
im not a big fan of the chicago logo, to me it just doesnt feel like a hockey logo. Also I am a fan of logos that dont have any wordmarks as they are more unique and usually more well done, and i also find big wordmarks to be kind of ugly.

d)
alexis metzler is probably the best player to every play for either team, he was a hall of famer played a ton of hockey and was a beast the etnrie time. This is a bit unfair to chicago as they are way newer than buffalo and haven't had the time to have a generational player's career play out yet.

15. (3 TPE)

verification word: grease

TOTAL: 16 TPE

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

Task 1
S60 was a surprisingly great year for the life of Bas O'Bigbers. Bas came into the league as a well known but not super hyped up prospect. However everyone across the league came to know who Bas was after this past season. Bas quickly became the front runner in the rookie scoring race and ended the season as the victor. But while it was going on there was a local Bagel place known as "Jack's Doughnuts" that was offering free bagels before noon every day after a Bas goal. But then on the day after Bas scored his first career hat trick they offered free bagels for the whole day. Of course before the end of the season Bas had to make his appearance at Jack's Bagels were he had a lot of photo ops with fans and the owners of the place. So while it might have been a hard season for many, it was a fun one for Bas O'Bigbers.

Task 3
The player I would do my switch with would be Steve Harrington of The Buffalo Stampede. This is because Steve Harrington is a cool dude and a good player but with all due respect he's won a four star cup and a challenge cup already. You know who hasn't? Juka Timonen? It's very sad and so if I became Steve Harrington for a day, I'd start with getting absolutely trashed with Stampede mafia and get completely shitfaced before game 7. I'd be a complete fucking wreck on the ice playing like shit, all my teammates are yelling at me. Monkey D. Luffey grabs me and starts shaking me to get my fucking head in the game but dude I'm still fucking buzzing. So while I'm on the ice Chicago scores 2 goals that give them the edge they need to secure a challenge cup victory and walk away with the victory. Sorry Steve, but Juka needed some help.

Task 7
The problem with this hypothetical is that analyzing how my FHM career would've turned out on STTHS demands me be very cynical about what things would've been like had the future of The SHL remained on that engine. So the STHS era ended largely because it was discovered that there were some serious problems with the engine that could be exploited. Most notably that if you focus mainly on shooting and don't do much with passing you can make a goal scoring machine team that can't even be touched. So in a world where the league doesn't move to FHM I think that Newfoundland would've eventually become the dynasty that ultimately became but before they would get there they'd have to overcome the shit storm that would be the new league mandated rules that teams must have average passing ratings no below such a number and shooting ratings no higher than such a number and that would've been a complete pain in the ass to deal with. But once deal with good GMs will come back and elevate their teams to the top.

Task 4
I'm going to tell you a story about a player who is bad at hockey.
A player who's skating is weak and who's shot is wonky.
Now maybe this might make some bedlam.
But I'm going to call out Jonathan Granstrom.
He was captain of Detroit Falcons and bird teams are bad.
He tried to make New England not draft me and that made me sad.
Time and time again we'd face on the ice.
Each time I'd remind him that he's not very nice.
It's been four years and you are still my rival.
I bet you don't even like Creedence Clearwater Revival.
The moral of the story is the Granstrom is stinky.
Now ima play with my slinkee.

Task 13
Steve Harrington was easily my MVP for the challenge cup series because dude he had a hat trick in game 7 of the series. You can't overstate what an incredible achievement that was. In the biggest game of his career dude he scored a hat trick and helped Buffalo to win the whole thing. I don't care how anyone else did because the whole series came down and rested on one game and on that game it was Steve Harrington on that game. It was Steve Harrington who had a historic hat trick that will never be forgotten in the history of the league.

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 09:05 PM by Evok.)

For me it’s easy, the more team makes the playoffs the better it is. It blows my mind that it’s even considered to drop the playoffs to 8 when we have 14 teams. That would mean that 6 teams in the junior wouldn’t even make the post-season. That’s more teams that doesn’t make it than in SHL. Considering we have almost as much active players in the smjhl than the shl, it’s a blasphemy. Who would want to sit around and wait while all the others have fun? Of course you can say that the first round is only 2 to 4 days, but it make hell of a difference for a new user in my opinion.

a. Considering the numbers Buffalo put in the post season, I think they fully deserve to be where they are currently. Honestly, I also think Chicago has every rights too. None of them had an easy way in front of them, Buffalo with Hamilton and Chicago with Texas, and managed to get out as the best.
b. For me it’s definitively Buffalo’s strength that make them impressive. If I look at their history in the past few seasons, it’s clear that they know how to build a team and a good community. They made the playoffs and even the finals so many times through the last few years it’s highly impressive. We can even talk about the number of times they just lead the league overall.
c. Honestly, while I am the one who made buffalo’s goal horn, the more I hear it the more awkward I find it. The line from Jumanji is pretty funny and fit well with the Stampede, considering it’s their name, but the voice is definitively not strong enough to actually be impressive in a goal horn.
d. I’ll toot my own horn in this prompt because I just can, but I firmly think I am on the way to be the clear-cut best goalie to ever play in buffalo. The stats I’ll list are not including season 60, but season 60 went just as good as before. The stats I want to show is the fact I played 298 games in Buffalo so far and 213 of them are wins. I only have 73 loses since I started my career there. It’s impressive.

I think everyone in the league agree that there’s only 3 real choice for the Anton Razov Trophy this season. I’ll start with the goalie side, but Doyle played out of her mind in many games they had, with 16 wins, an SV% of 0.926, a GAA of 2.02 and a GSAA of 6.03 along with 3 shoutout, it’s impressive and I think she’s in the lead for the trophy, her possible second of her career. On the skater side, it will be between Martijn Westbroek and Aron Hernandivic. Both have 13 goals and Westbroek has a slight margin with 3 more assists than Hernandivic for a total of 30 points vs 27. However, Westbroek had one more game more than Hernandivic. It will be a matter of deciding if 3 points is enough despite Westbroek being on the losing team. Also, if the committee thinks it needs to go to a skater.

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max
itsgnome

Well, who would I be to not be a good representative of my city and not take Luke on a nice day in Quebec City? Quebec City is an amazing town to visit and enjoy and it would be a great day. Honnestly, just exploring the old town is amazing, but I would frinitively invite him to have a diner at the Fairmont Chateau Frontenac, which is the most amazing place in Quebec City, just google it, and then we would go take an evening stroll on the Promenade des Gouverneurs, which offer a great view of the St-Laurent. We would then end the evening visiting the Citadelles Museum.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3083598

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]