Create Account

HAM Punishment and Ruling on Draftee Signings

08-20-2021, 08:12 PMKlusteR Wrote: So, let me get this straight, ownership.

Just a month ago, we were denied a trade that involved dozens of hours of work, 9 different people involved, all for a technicality - and were told we couldn't take the five minutes to rectify said trade because "the rules are black and white" and "a deadline is set for a reason"...

Then you turn around and soften those doctrines for someone who's been a GM for how long now? Who passed the deadline by an hour, not five minutes? Under what pretext? What differs from situation A to situation B?

The rule wasn't written in that spirit - well neither was the Jack Crasher (UFA contract protection, as far as I know) yet you still used it to justify a circumvention of rules - rules that were clarified for every GM to see.

I'm baffled. HO didn't drop the ball - the owners did. And the outlook, especially with which franchise is escaping with a slap on the wrist, is dire at best.

I feel like the more shit like this I see, the less likely it is that anything will be done to hold the owners accountable. Maybe we really should try to revive the GOMHL.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Just a month ago, we were denied a trade that involved dozens of hours of work, 9 different people involved, all for a technicality - and were told we couldn't take the five minutes to rectify said trade because "the rules are black and white" and "a deadline is set for a reason"...

Then you turn around and soften those doctrines for someone who's been a GM for how long now? Who passed the deadline by an hour, not five minutes? Under what pretext? What differs from situation A to situation B?

The rule wasn't written in that spirit - well neither was the Jack Crasher (UFA contract protection, as far as I know) yet you still used it to justify a circumvention of rules - rules that were clarified for every GM to see.

I'm baffled. HO didn't drop the ball - the owners did. And the outlook, especially with which franchise is escaping with a slap on the wrist, is dire at best.
Everyone knew it was going to happen too.

[Image: hopoate.png]

RT

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2021, 08:25 PM by leviadan.)

I don't really have a dog in this race, but I definitely agree that if nothing else the optics of this are horrendous. My honest question is why Nour felt it necessary to recuse himself from the punishment process due to his ties with Hamilton, but DT didn't?

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]

Lol this is the offseason drama I was waiting for

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

Is this what was meant by “Its lonely at the top” in the last banner?

Just give them the next two championships, so we can skip to S63 and Austria gets beefy.

[Image: Wally.png]

08-20-2021, 08:23 PMleviadan Wrote: I don't really have a dog in this race, but I definitely agree that if nothing else the optics of this are horrendous. My honest question is why Nour felt it necessary to recuse himself from the punishment process due to his ties with Hamilton, but DT didn't?
I assume because Nour’s specific player is at the centre of this controversy, and DT doesn’t play for them. Not saying it’s a great look, but that would be why.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

08-20-2021, 08:30 PMboom Wrote:
08-20-2021, 08:23 PMleviadan Wrote: I don't really have a dog in this race, but I definitely agree that if nothing else the optics of this are horrendous. My honest question is why Nour felt it necessary to recuse himself from the punishment process due to his ties with Hamilton, but DT didn't?
I assume because Nour’s specific player is at the centre of this controversy, and DT doesn’t play for them. Not saying it’s a great look, but that would be why.

I can see that! That's just the question that I had upon reading the original post-- given that DT played almost 20 seasons in HAM and GM'd them for a little while. To me it felt worth addressing.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]

I hereby accept any contract that the Chicago Syndicate ever offers me. In Discord DMs, voicechat or any other text or speech program.

I gotchu @SDCore @JNH yall can ignore the deadlines now.
[Image: 1725612-middle.png]

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

I also will accept every contract from Philly forever. Fuck everyone else for passing on me 3 times. Philly the only team I'll ever play for including me S69 recreate.

[Image: hopoate.png]

if we're doing this then i would like to say i accept any montreal contract ever

there you go @dankoa that should cover it because apparently that's how rules work now, make sure to bookmark this post so you can refer to if it you need it in the future

[Image: kILVP74.png]    [Image: qtbn8zh.png]    [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: Monochroma_Sig_2_1.gif]
Patriotes Knights Latvia Knights Latvia Knights Patriotes

08-20-2021, 08:28 PMWally Wrote: Is this what was meant by “Its lonely at the top” in the last banner?

Just give them the next two championships, so we can skip to S63 and Austria gets beefy.
i put that there because i had made something like 3 hamilton banners in 6 seasons lmao

blame me not hammy

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Didn't know the S in SHL meant Soft

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Would love to hear your thoughts @Leafs4ever

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

08-20-2021, 09:02 PMToast Wrote: Would love to hear your thoughts @Leafs4ever

‘Bout what?

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76