Create Account

Why an Appeals Committee is the Right Course of Action

Well thought out solution. Make whatever tweaks to get this passed and let’s go!

This is an excellent idea. Make it happen HO.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Might have just missed the cut off for double media unfortunately mate. Otherwise decent post.

A bit reluctant about having SMJHL HO be part of it though seeing as they've recently had to be reigned in for overreaching and seem to have a penchant for punishing users.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Alternative idea: remove HO as a legislative body and just make the Owners the final say on everything.

Okay that was obviously snarky, but the point kind of stands. If the Owners have the power to make a decision like this but also the power to decide when and where to use their power without any sort of precedence nor checks and balances, then what the hell is the point of even having a legislative body like Head Office?

08-21-2021, 08:36 AMAcsolap Wrote: Might have just missed the cut off for double media unfortunately mate. Otherwise decent post.

A bit reluctant about having SMJHL HO be part of it though seeing as they've recently had to be reigned in for overreaching and seem to have a penchant for punishing users.

Seeing the shit that goes down like almost every season in the big leagues, I for one am glad I mostly have to deal with SMJHL HO.

Also, SMJHL HO not being the body to handle their own GMs conduct punishments is fucking hilarious and utter bullshit.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2021, 09:00 AM by Patty.)

Sure why not try an appeals committee.

on a practical level knowing the amount of Apps we get for high level jobs in the league.  The idea of filling out a 7 person committee where the whole job is dealing with messes like this seems optimistic long term.

Head Updater apps are still open btw Smile

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

08-21-2021, 08:58 AMPatty Wrote: Sure why not try an appeals committee.

on a practical level knowing the amount of Apps we get for high level jobs in the league.  The idea of filling out a 7 person committee where the whole job is dealing with messes like this seems optimistic long term.

Tbf a Appeals Committee is way less of a time commitment then a Head Updater job, only have to work when someone disagrees with a punishment

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

08-21-2021, 09:30 AMzaynzk Wrote:
08-21-2021, 08:58 AMPatty Wrote: Sure why not try an appeals committee.

Tbf a Appeals Committee is way less of a time commitment then a Head Updater job, only have to work when someone disagrees with a punishment
People almost never agree with their punishment.  A committee would also increase the amount of appeals as people learn how they make rulings.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

08-21-2021, 08:47 AMMutedfaith Wrote:
08-21-2021, 08:36 AMAcsolap Wrote: Might have just missed the cut off for double media unfortunately mate. Otherwise decent post.

Seeing the shit that goes down like almost every season in the big leagues, I for one am glad I mostly have to deal with SMJHL HO.

Also, SMJHL HO not being the body to handle their own GMs conduct punishments is fucking hilarious and utter bullshit.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here, speculating on what it is or isn't like in the big leagues, but do yourself and everyone else a favour and keep your opinion on things you obviously don't know shit about to yourself next time.

Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.

Should be good for double payment if he posted the media in discord pms while 2x media was up

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2021, 09:57 AM by Mutedfaith.)

08-21-2021, 09:37 AMAcsolap Wrote:
08-21-2021, 08:47 AMMutedfaith Wrote: Seeing the shit that goes down like almost every season in the big leagues, I for one am glad I mostly have to deal with SMJHL HO.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here, speculating on what it is or isn't like in the big leagues, but do yourself and everyone else a favour and keep your opinion on things you obviously don't know shit about to yourself next time.
Do yourself a favour, and dont act like you can dictate what I can or can not have an opinion on.

And what I was doing, was doubting your views on SMJHL HO.

Who cares if it late? Not the owners at least.

RETIRED

08-21-2021, 09:56 AMMutedfaith Wrote:
08-21-2021, 09:37 AMAcsolap Wrote: I'm not sure what you're trying to do here, speculating on what it is or isn't like in the big leagues, but do yourself and everyone else a favour and keep your opinion on things you obviously don't know shit about to yourself next time.
Do yourself a favour, and dont act like you can dictate what I can or can not have an opinion on.

Respectfully, I've been in management for both SMJHL and SHL. While not directly involved with HO, there's a big difference of running a SMJHL team compared to SHL. Especially now with big cap crunches and expansions being common.

The amount of work needed to run a SHL team successfully compared to SMJHL is not close to comparable.

RETIRED

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2021, 10:08 AM by Acsolap.)

08-21-2021, 09:56 AMMutedfaith Wrote:
08-21-2021, 09:37 AMAcsolap Wrote: I'm not sure what you're trying to do here, speculating on what it is or isn't like in the big leagues, but do yourself and everyone else a favour and keep your opinion on things you obviously don't know shit about to yourself next time.

Damn big fella. You didn't even recognise getting memed by your own pasta.

08-21-2021, 10:02 AMMayuu Wrote:
08-21-2021, 09:56 AMMutedfaith Wrote: Do yourself a favour, and dont act like you can dictate what I can or can not have an opinion on.

Respectfully, I've been in management for both SMJHL and SHL. While not directly involved with HO, there's a big difference of running a SMJHL team compared to SHL. Especially now with big cap crunches and expansions being common.

The amount of work needed to run a SHL team successfully compared to SMJHL is not close to comparable.
I dont doubt that.

I doubt him trashing SMJHL HO like that.