Create Account

HAM Punishment and Ruling on Draftee Signings

08-21-2021, 11:56 PMSlashACM Wrote:
08-21-2021, 11:04 PMCementHands Wrote: So looking up the most recent infraction, one can find that the punishment levied to sfp for not paying an inactive (granted multiple instances) receives a harsher punishment than this.

I remember bringing up no contract payments of inactive players before and it was deemed acceptable because the players were inactive, as long as they were counted on the budget it was fine.

I guess I’ve decided I’m really not ok with this outcome, and after sleeping on it and feeling the same and looking at hamilton trade out of any punishment they were given I’m going to keep harping on the fact we need a fundamental change to the punishment / appeal process.

The trade is so funny too because they got a 1st and a second for a player they got to keep, and the second they lost is FURTHER OUT THAN THE SECOND THEY GOT BACK WTF and a first on top of that. So fucked.

I thought the whole thing was "oh no it would be bad for the player to be separated from the team that drafted them, think of the user experience!" And then they trade them a day later
This shit right here. It's a fucken laugh.

[Image: hopoate.png]

08-21-2021, 08:35 PMzaynzk Wrote: @DrunkenTeddy sell me site
You can have it for free, I assure you it's got negative value.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

08-21-2021, 11:56 PMSlashACM Wrote:
08-21-2021, 11:04 PMCementHands Wrote: So looking up the most recent infraction, one can find that the punishment levied to sfp for not paying an inactive (granted multiple instances) receives a harsher punishment than this.

I remember bringing up no contract payments of inactive players before and it was deemed acceptable because the players were inactive, as long as they were counted on the budget it was fine.

I guess I’ve decided I’m really not ok with this outcome, and after sleeping on it and feeling the same and looking at hamilton trade out of any punishment they were given I’m going to keep harping on the fact we need a fundamental change to the punishment / appeal process.

The trade is so funny too because they got a 1st and a second for a player they got to keep, and the second they lost is FURTHER OUT THAN THE SECOND THEY GOT BACK WTF and a first on top of that. So fucked.

I thought the whole thing was "oh no it would be bad for the player to be separated from the team that drafted them, think of the user experience!" And then they trade them a day later
I know you know this and you're just trying to form another weird narrative here, but we had to become cap compliant due to the cap fine levied on this punishment. Didn't really have another option here.

[Image: rotti.gif]

08-22-2021, 01:24 AMRotticusScott Wrote:
08-21-2021, 11:56 PMSlashACM Wrote: The trade is so funny too because they got a 1st and a second for a player they got to keep, and the second they lost is FURTHER OUT THAN THE SECOND THEY GOT BACK WTF and a first on top of that. So fucked.

I know you know this and you're just trying to form another weird narrative here, but we had to become cap compliant due to the cap fine levied on this punishment. Didn't really have another option here.

There definitely was talk in the signing thread about players being forced away from the team that drafted them and how that was a negative experience. Probably applies the least to nour but still something notable

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

08-21-2021, 08:43 PMleviadan Wrote: pretty angry i didn't get post 420... maybe more angry about that than the punishment at this point
L

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

08-22-2021, 01:47 AMSlashACM Wrote:
08-22-2021, 01:24 AMRotticusScott Wrote: I know you know this and you're just trying to form another weird narrative here, but we had to become cap compliant due to the cap fine levied on this punishment. Didn't really have another option here.

There definitely was talk in the signing thread about players being forced away from the team that drafted them and how that was a negative experience. Probably applies the least to nour but still something notable
Not going to discuss specifics of the deal and everything here, but I'm glad I could clarify the situation.

[Image: rotti.gif]

08-22-2021, 01:50 AMtrella Wrote:
08-21-2021, 08:43 PMleviadan Wrote: pretty angry i didn't get post 420... maybe more angry about that than the punishment at this point
L

Who's L is that? I need a label

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

08-21-2021, 12:24 PMspooked Wrote:
08-21-2021, 12:19 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: no we dont. This isn't how law works lol.

> Your honor, we have no evidence of wrongdoing, but you'll just have to trust us about this one

Things we can't prove aren't evidence. They are hearsay.

You have now made tampering legal, what do we do now?
I know! We screenshot it, send it to the authorities and then hope master gives us an extra piece of cheese with our dinner tonight.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

08-22-2021, 01:16 AMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
08-21-2021, 08:35 PMzaynzk Wrote: @DrunkenTeddy sell me site
You can have it for free, I assure you it's got negative value.
People really have no idea how much work/money you have and do put into this. Anyone who thinks the owners don't have this league's best interest at heart have a really warped perception of the group.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

I’m just here so I don’t get fined

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

08-22-2021, 09:08 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
08-22-2021, 01:16 AMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: You can have it for free, I assure you it's got negative value.
People really have no idea how much work/money you have and do put into this. Anyone who thinks the owners don't have this league's best interest at heart have a really warped perception of the group.

This is going to shock you but it is possible for people to both appreciate all the time/money that’s been put into the site as well as think this punishment was handled extremely poorly. One doesn’t negate the other.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

08-22-2021, 10:41 AMslothfacekilla Wrote:
08-22-2021, 09:08 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: People really have no idea how much work/money you have and do put into this. Anyone who thinks the owners don't have this league's best interest at heart have a really warped perception of the group.

This is going to shock you but it is possible for people to both appreciate all the time/money that’s been put into the site as well as think this punishment was handled extremely poorly. One doesn’t negate the other.

Jimmy stop making sense of things, this is a nonsense only league

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2021, 11:40 AM by Grapehead.)

Nevermind, shouldn't have said anything

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2021, 12:19 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

08-22-2021, 09:08 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: People really have no idea how much work/money you have and do put into this. Anyone who thinks the owners don't have this league's best interest at heart have a really warped perception of the group.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Hey Sloth, good take!

To clarify, I am not(!) shocked by this revelation. I am, in fact, and this may surprise you, part of that group you were describing.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]