Create Account

When the seasons change

RAFAEL BOECK MAKES IT THROUGH PRESEASON!

[Image: tumblr_ok4gbb4SiX1rhtaw5o1_500.gif]
Interview write-up by Jaime Sanders
15:12 GMT, 30 August 2021
Word count: 927

When I had last left Rafael, he had been headed into the locker rooms of the Carolina Krakens with a big smile on his face. Today, I managed to catch up with him after the preseason games had finished, looking a little sheepish and he didn't mind me saying, a little worse for wear. Even so, he managed to offer me a smile as we greeted one another and sat down. There was a lot to catch up on since our last interview, seeing as the Krakens had a rather impressive run with a 6-0-1 streak since signing on their new prospects and word about town was Boeck had managed to score his first goal in the opening game against the Detroit Falcons.

Jaime Sanders: And so we meet again, Mr. Boeck. It's good to see you and you're looking well.

This elicited a little more of a laugh from the forward. Rafael runs a hand through his hair and shrugs.

Rafael Boeck: Ah, Rafa. Please. We are friends now, are we not? You're just trying to be polite, I look like shit.

JS: Either way, I heard that you've had a rather good preseason run. What do you make of it? How did you feel being on that ice?

RB: Oh man. I would have to say it was the whole team, not just me, who had a great few games. I'm, overall, pretty happy with the result of 6-0-1. Shows that we have a strong team already and think that we gel well once we're all on the ice. It was fantastic being out there, just doing what I need to do and assisting where I could. There were moments where I felt like we were on the back foot but, boy, did you see Cormac Poinaire?

There was definitely a lot of awe in the man's voice, maybe a little starstruck even.

RB: (cont.) There is the man who had a fantastic game. Him and Raymond both. Though we really probably wouldn't be here without the saves made by our goalies either, so there's that to take into consideration. Krakens' definitely have a strong hold and I hope to be living up to the expectations now I see who to aim for.

JS: Heard you even managed to slip a goal in too.

RB: Yes. Yes. First goal of my preseason career. I tried to convince them to let me have the puck once we were all done on the ice, more for my younger siblings. I think I spent the rest of the time trying for assists. A lot of shots on goal, missed shots and a few of my shots were blocked but its a good lesson. Shows me which areas that I need to improve on and better for going into our regular seasons.

JS: Always something to learn from and take away from each game, right?

RB: Definitely.

JS: And what do you make of your name becoming more known and more upcoming?

RB: It's nice--haha-- though I guess its the nature of the sport. More games you play, the more chance people will look at a player and go: oh hey look, yes, that person plays well or it could just well be, yes, I like the look of that one until one day, boom. You're up there, being mentioned. It just happens, I guess.

JS: Going into the regular season, it's going to be a very interesting match up with how the pre-season has turned out. What is your opinion, who do you reckon is going to be the biggest opponent going forward?

This is the question that gives him pause. He isn't rushing to answer it, nor is he leaving it too long. It is clear to me that the man wants to give a clear and considered answer.

RB: Our loss to shootout by Quebec was a really tight game and our lead by the same with Nevada....it really could go either way. I don't particularly want to jinx myself by leaning too heavily on a team as it all depends when we get out on the ice. It could be Vancouver this year, but if I had to make a prediction; we'd probably see quite tough games with Quebec and Newfoundland. They're strong teams. Like I say, it really could go any which way on the day. I know that our team will perform, and what happens, happens. We have some fantastic players.

JS: I won't keep you too much longer, you're probably tired and have a fair bit of prep before your first big game.

RB: It's been an hour already?

Least we know the man hasn't lost his sense of humor.

JS: All the best for the kick off of the regular season, we'll see you on the ice. Thanks for taking the time once more.

RB: My pleasure, Jaime. Catch you around.

[Image: boeck.png] [Image: boeck2.png]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] ⚖️ [Image: HKi05IH.png]
Germany Blizzard Kraken
thank you for the signatures made by @Ragnar

Good media piece! Love the character work!

BOECK BOECK MOTHERCLUCKERS!!
Kraken Kraken Kraken

[Image: banes.png]

Great stuff! Kraken

[Image: 66818_s.gif]