Create Account

S61 PT#3: Locker Rooms

Prompt #2: The Calgary Locker Room is a weird and wonderful place. It can be strange for a newly drafted player to walk through the doors of the Locker Room for the first time, and seeing Esa aggressively chowing down on a massive plate of Chicken Parm, watching the legendary goalie Kata Vilde shouting about the kids on his lawn, seeing a literal alien moving things around the locker room with it's mind, or just sitting back and listening to the endless friendly barbs being traded back and forth between friends. The locker room in Calgary is a comfortable and special place where everyone is encouraged to try new things and become a better version of themselves. Perhaps that is why Calgary has been seen to overachieve every year, as the comradery propels everyone to new heights. I am lucky to be part of the team and I expect that the culture will remain the same for years to come.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

Prompt #1

Every locker room has to have certain things within it. The room should be ovular or circular in shape so that everyone can look each other in the eyes. The logo in the center of the room which no visitor may step upon. Ventilation is key to a healthy locker room, both physically and socially. Everyone's gear stinks so damn bad after practice and games. Proper recovery rooms will be very helpful for getting back into peak condition for a potential back to back. Get a hot and cold tub and a physical therapist on staff to do wonders on those massive tree trunk legs. Now those are all things that very well should be in a locker room. The things that aren't required are often the coolest additions. Having some sort of not to team history in the architecture of the room and the tunnel or using local materials like special wood or stone is a great touch. Most tunnels are just boring industrial brick painted beige. Instead, add cool lighting or have a local artist paint the walls to get the boys fired up for a game. This is essentially a player's second home so might as well make it a place they want to be.

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

The Grizzlies locker room is a fun spot these days. Arturs Tumovs keeps yelling about salmon and has recently adjusted his contract to pay him in salmon. Ezra Wong is one of the new guys in the room, and they are staying pretty quiet. Alexej Komarek is yelling about the room being haunted and to get the spirit box. Jacques Lilcoque keeps bringing up his lifted truck in casual conversation. Brick Wall stabbed a guy with a trident. Grogu doesn’t really say anything, he just cooes and babbles, but he’s pretty good with the puck on his stick. Hagan keeps saying “we would’ve scored if Merica was there to finish off the play.” Janis Lux decided that now that the regular season had arrived, he didn’t want to put the puck in the net anymore. Overall, it’s a fun, interesting locker room dynamic here in Great Falls. I am really enjoying it.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

I liked our locker rooms the way that they are but some of my teammates decided to take the weirdest of all of the jelly beans so here we are. I'm not going to do anything too crazy tho. I like the idea of adding a coffee station, complete with an espresso machine and even a nitro cold brew tap since that's my favorite. I think a coffee station is an easy sell to management because of the energy boost it will give us on the ice. In addition to the coffee station, I'd like to put a few TVs where we can watch games from the rest of the league and even other sports. There, that's my simple request. My asks won't take up much of that $400 million so maybe we can make the rest of the furniture and lockers really nice and sharp. As for the opponent's locker room. Just make it basic. One long bench and lockers. No need to spend too much time making them happy.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

Prompt 1:

$400 million to upgrade a locker room, hell yea. First off I would like to make sure the locker room is cold at all times. There's nothing worse then coming into a steamy locker room with sweaty goalie gear on and having it sticking to your skin as your peeling it off yourself after a game. So a top-of-the-line AC system would be greatly appreciated. Secondly, Cillian's 'perfect' locker room would also include a small swimming pool. There's nothing like floating in 75 degree water after a tough game to cool off and relax the muscle. If there's swimming pool then there would have to be a hot tub and sauna as well. This would be the perfect 'after game' combination of pool, hot tub and sauna to finish the day off. The only thing Kavanagh craves after time in the sauna is a nice smoothie or juice bar. A professional smoothie/juice bar attendee and staff would be perfect to fully craft the perfect beverage for each individual player following a game. With all that said and done, lastly the perfect locker room would not be complete without an amazing surround sound system equipped with all the hot bangers needed to pump up a team before and after games. I don't think that was quite $400 million, maybe even not $5 mil. 

Word Count: 223

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Our new locker rooms are going to be top of the art. For our home one we installed the classic amenities like individual spots and a 95 inch TV. But we also added some features unique to our team. In the Raptors Locker room we have installed a Raptor enclosure with a living velociraptor in it, courtesy of our partners over at InGen. Rocky (as we call him in honor of the beautiful rocky mountains), is a great companion and very friendly to the team. We usually feed him Falcons, Outlaws, Elk and all other sorts of meats, which he devours with ease.
As for the visitors’ locker room, we took a page straight out of legendary football coach Hayden Fry. It is completely painted with pink, the brightest kind possible. That is also Rocky’s bathroom, so I would most definitely not want to go in there. It seems to be having an effect so far, since teams have not been performing well in Colorado recently.

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

I am very luck in the fact that I am a part of multiple great locker rooms. The first is Newfoundland, which is always incredibly active and fairly large, but a very tight knit group. We just did our fantasy football draft together, and there’s always people gaming together or talking about something, nevermind the hype that comes around for each game day. The next locker room is Edmonton. While it is more quiet than Newfoundland, as most SHL locker rooms tend to be compared to the SMJHL, it is still active, with people typically popping in during the weekends to hang out. Our new offseason additions have fit in nicely, and it’s only going to get more active as our prospects start playing. Finally there is Japan, which was very quiet when I joined but during the offseason is faily active due to the back to back gold medals we’ve gotten. Both roster players and prospects are in the locker room encouraging Japan at both the IIHF and WJC level.

171 Words

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

[Image: kRg04BQ.png]

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

[Image: m0yss9n.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

The Owners have asked Nathan to redesign an already state of the art Locker room!? What a dream come true! The Locker room is already a great place to hang out but why stop there!? First we need to add a state of the art Kitchen for us to be able to make ourselves the meals we want! I mean we have a 5 star chef on the team lets let him do his thing! Next we are going to have a movie theatre type screen and seating “for watching game film” right? Nah we are setting up the latest and greats Xbox and Play station consoles to play games! Of course we are going to new state of the art showers that have rainfall type settings so you can get cleaned right up after the game and get ready for a night out of celebrating the Win. If all this isn’t enough we will solve the plumbing issues by installing bidet on or beside each toilet in order to help clean everyone out and hopefully give the plumbing a break.
WC:181

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2021, 12:44 PM by DELIRIVM.)

Prompt 2 - I can't believe how great the Baltimore Platoon locker room has been. I have said it multiple times now. If not for the great people in this locker room, I probably would have been inactive by S57. Starting from the top down, people here are committed and want to be involved with each other's lives. JR, Zoone, Mastersheep and Krash have been absolutely the most amazing people. From reaching out to remind me that I have tasks left to do, making sure that my time on the team has been great, and always keeping me involved. I've gone from being just a draftee to part of the Baltimore Head Office, and I can't think these four individuals enough for letting me be part of that team. 

The rest of the locker room has a mix of people. From the off the wall and intriguing Suavemente, to the laid back confidence of Jumbobone. There are the dad-like Kraagenskul and the all-around good guy JT. And this season we've seen a surge from people like J41, Zeagle, and Toivo. I can't say enough about the locker room that has been cultivated in Baltimore. But I don't think I could love anywhere as much as I do here. These are my people in the SHL. 

[223 Words]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

One thing about our LR that I remember very vividly but that is thankfully mostly a thing of the past these days, is what has been called "The Great Shower Pissing Debate". Some of my teammates, who I assumed to be civilized people, turned out to be more animal than man and admitted to regularly peeing in the shower as if it was the most normal thing ever and not absolutely disgusting and barbaric. They tried to rationalize it by claiming it was completely normal and talking about how the natural plumbing abilities of a shower combined with their godlike aim would make sure that this was a super clean and not at all gross affair. Every reasonable member of the locker room saw through these excuses and smokescreens very quickly of course, but to my shock they werent as many of us civilized people as I assumed. At points it felt like more than half of the LR fell on the pro-shower pissing side of the debate and it took us quite a while to trade all these people away and finally become a non-gross team again!

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

I am doing the written portion of prompt two for this PT. I have to say that I really enjoy the discord locker room of the Los Angeles Panthers. I feel like it has a really good activity level that isn't too overwhelming or too quiet. We have people posting funny memes and great looking food and drinks that they consume. People share their favorite new music to listen to and I have already found some new bands and artists that way which is pretty cool. Also, the Panthers have kind of adopted GCool's kid as our team mascot so anytime that he posts pictures of Carl in the locker room it is an instant plus for me. I have to say that I've met some people in the locker room that I didn't share rooms with previously so it has been great to meet people across the league as well. I have to give a shout out to Ragnar as well since he isn't on Los Angeles anymore but he still pokes his head in to chat and share graphics in the locker room pretty often. It is always good to see him around. We may be in line for a rough in sim season but thankfully the Los Angeles locker room has still been great.

217 words

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Prompt 2: The Newfoundland Berserkers team locker room was hands down the best locker room I have been a part of in over the five years in real life I have been a part of the SHL. It has some many great active users, channels for fantasy draft help, reminders for point tasks and help with point task predictions, a place to show pictures of your pets, player build advice, a gamming area, recaps of the live sims and much more. The best part of locker room in Newfoundland though is the amount of activity there is in the room on a daily basis. Now that I am less active then I was during the lock downs of the pandemic I will only check the room once or twice a day and easily there are one hundred plus messages I missed on a regular basis. In Newfoundland you have members from all of the world in North America, Europe and even Australia so there will always be someone to talk to. Everyone is super supportive of each other and Newfoundland also has the strongest SMJHL alumni group in the league which is another added bonus.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars