Create Account

S62 Draft Primer/Mock [x2]

S62 Draft Primer/Mock
Just decided to analyze the draft from my perspective, and see how I think everything would line up at the end; and I guess this is when most people start making their mock drafts for that sweet x2 bonus, so here I am too. Most of the players are ranked due to best player available, which is just my best guess based on activity, cash, position, and any other factors I can think of. Some teams may have specific needs which I haven't looked into, other then for goalies, as I think most drafters and GMs would just take the best players available despite what their future needs might be, at least that's how it usually is in the NHL. Overall, this draft seems to have a lot of talent, not that I have another draft to compare it to, but looking through everyone I see a lot of good potential future players which I doubt is always the case; seems like a very strong draft class. Honestly I have no clue what I'm doing in terms of drafting... Thanks for checking it out though!

Rage 1. Aksel Fiske – Mer - TPE 319
Strengths: Acceleration: 13 Balance: 13 Offensive Read: 14 Getting Open: 14 
Weaknesses: Hitting: 7 Shooting Range: 8 Shot Blocking: 6 Positioning: 10

A 6 foot 2 inch Right Winger from Norway, some great prospects coming from over seas this season. One of the top forwards of this draft, despite it not showing in their ratings. This player has a lot of TPE built up to be able to take their build in any direction over the off season.
Another new user with over 30 million in their bank. Teams are obviously looking for players who maxed out on TPE and at the same time built a balance going into next season, which this user has definitely done. Seems to also being very active on the forums, which is always a plus for GMs. Should be a really solid earner for a long career and on top of that has a great activity levels and culture which locker rooms are really going to value highly going into the draft, as creating a good culture is step one towards building a solid contender. 

Aurora 2. Mikko Rashford - RashfordU – TPE 327
Strengths: Getting Open: 14 Puck handling: 14 Offensive Read: 14 Passing: 14
Weaknesses: Speed: 11 Shot Blocking: 11 Positioning: 11

5 foot 10 inch Right defencemen hailing from Finland, Mikki Rashford is looking to turn out to be a well balanced 2 way defencemen, with a slight nod towards preforming better in the offensive zone. They have a lot of points saved up currently and really could take this build in any direction.
As for the user, they have exploded onto the Sim scene, creating article after article, and quickly building up a big bank roll and activity. Look for Rashford to be taken in the top 3 picks. Got first in SHL fantasy which looks to have given him a big TPE boost over the competition (10 TPE). Ends up going second and is one of the safest new users and will end up being a star. If activity keeps up at this pace, then they will have no problems what so ever in the league. 

Argonauts 3. Jay O'Neil – Sburbine - TPE 319
Strengths: Defensive Read: 14 Checking: 15 Stamina: 14
Weaknesses: Getting Open: 5 Shooting Range: 5 Shooting Accuracy: 6 Offensive Read: 9

A 6 foot 2 inch 215 lbs Defencemen from Boston, Jay is another member of this great season 62 draft class. Currently his skills look to be more defensive focused, but the user has a lot (38 TPE) of points to be used for training in the offseason. This defenceman could really go either direction so its hard to comment on any build currently.
The user is a new player, who has the activity, TPE, bankroll and dedication to be a top draft pick in my opinion. This draft does seem very jam logged with defencemen in my opinion though, which could see one of these top players fall a bit in the draft, falling to somewhere where they could be considered a steal. Has made sure to pick up almost every single TPE available during the season, which shows to me that they will continue this earnings into future seasons where it will only get easier. A very safe pick in all, you know what you’re getting and even third it’s a great deal. 

Aurora 4. Jaeger Jones - Thunder39 - TPE  317
Strengths: Strength: 14 Passing: 13 Offensive Read: 13 Faceoffs: 13
Weaknesses: Agility: 10 Acceleration: 11 Shot Blocking: 10 Shooting Range: 10

A 6 foot 3 inch 210 lbs Center from Berlin, Germany, Jaeger is one the premier centers going into the Season 62 SHL draft. His build is again very balanced, and if I had to guess id see jones turning out into a two way center.
The user is a long time SHL player, who has been around since 2017. He has 50 million in the bank, very active in discord channels, and is now the Co-Gm of the Regina Elk. Seems like a cant miss prospect to me, and one who should be a leader to any team they go to, as is already a leader in the SMJHL. Really good locker room presence in my opinion and I'd consider it a steal if he went much later than this.

pride 5. Sconnie McHits - G2019 - TPE  318
Strengths: Getting Open: 13 Offensive Read: 13 Puck handling: 13 Passing: 13 Stick checking: 13
Weaknesses: Shot Blocking: 6 Hitting: 10 Screening: 8

A 5 foot 10 inch 200 lbs Left wing who despite his name, isn’t actually that great at hitting. The player has a lot of TPE built up so this could easily be corrected in an upcoming update. The players skills look to be more of a 2 way player currently, despite me thinking they would be a bruiser based on their name.
The user has just under 9 million in the bank after their first season as a new user, which is a bit lower than the other players in this draft tier. Despite this they are still ranked highly due to their activity levels and general presence around the league; seems to be a very experienced user with simulation leagues. Should be a great prospect with a low bust potential. 

Stampede 6. Spack Jarrow- High Stick King - TPE  316
Strengths: Speed: 14 Puck handling: 14 Passing: 13 Defensive Read: 13 Strength: 13
Weaknesses: Shot Blocking: 9 Agility: 11 Screening: 11 Shooting Range: 10

A 5 foot 10 inch 185 lbs Left Winger who is one the premier two way players in this draft. Their build is extremely well rounded with not a lot of glaring strengths of weaknesses. They look like they will go with more of a speedy offensive winger type of build, but with everything being so well balanced they could really train over the off-season into being any type of player.
The user is a new user, but you would hardly be able to tell with how high their activity, bank balance, and posting has been. I see this user in a lot of threads, and they look to be a user who will be here for the long hull. Has been rumored as potentially going even higher which I can defiantly see, as this user has all of the traits that I expect to see in a top 5 draft pick.

Patriotes 7. Ben Jammin - James Truong – TPE 323
Strengths: Puck handling: 14 Defensive Read: 14 Checking: 14 Balance: 14 Strength: 14
Weaknesses: Agility: 11 Shooting Accuracy: 9 Passing: 11 Hitting: 10 Shot Blocking: 10

5 foot 11 inch Left defencemen from Vancouver BC, Ben is one of the premier defensive defencemen on in the upcoming draft. He also has a good vision and shot in the offensive zone, but a lot of Bens positives come from his speed and defensive vision and checking ability.
The user behind the player is a recreate with a large bankroll. Seems to have had a long SHL career in the past and should bring a veteran presence to any team he gets drafted to. Ends up going slipping a bit in the draft just due to strong other competition, but due to their strong first season earnings, huge bankroll of over 100 million, strong connections to the site they will still turn out to be a great pick at 7. 

Panthers 8. Shoyo Hinata – FormuleUn - TPE  315
Strengths: Getting Open: 14 Puck handling: 14 Shooting Accuracy: 14 Offensive Read: 14 Balance: 13
Weaknesses: Bravery: 9 Aggression: 5 Positioning: 11 Stick checking: 11 Shot Blocking: 11

A 5 foot 7 inch 165 lbs right winger from Japan, Shōyō is one of the more unique players in this draft class. Shōyō has been making a name for himself for this upcoming draft, despite his size, and should be a first round pick if everything goes well. He currently projects to be a speedy winger with a wicked shot.
The user is another new user, but one who has fit in nicely with the site already. They’ve been able to earn just over 30 million dollars in their starting season while also being close to max earning TPE. Additionally, they have a lot of activity and online time with the site, which is always a good sign when taking a risk on a new user. Another great new user for sure, could end up going higher or lower depending on how much GMs value having the known quantity of an older user vs a new potential star fresh user. 

Inferno 9. Paul Koivu - Briedaqueduc - TPE 280
Strengths: Puck handling: 14 Balance: 14 Getting Open: 13 Stamina: 13 Strength: 13
Weaknesses: Shooting Accuracy: 9 Shooting Range: 9 Shot Blocking: 9 Agility: 11

A 5 foot and 11 inches player 178 lbs left wing from Laval, Canada. This player currently has a pretty well balanced build, despite being on more of the lower end scale for TPE earners drafted around this value. Their strongest strengths are in their skating and puck handling skills.
This is a user who has a lot of hype going into the draft, being as they are a recreate of a very active and respected poster; as I have been informed. It seems like they have a lot to live up to if they are to meet their draft position. It's always good to get a solid player though who has a large bank roll, as they can be relied on to stick around for a longer time then the average user. Has been rumored to be being looked at very highly, so this is where they could potentially end up. 

Blizzard 10. Jeff Larsson - Redderder15 - TPE  316
Strengths: Offensive Read: 14 Passing: 14 Speed: 14 Strength: 13
Weaknesses: Shot Blocking: 9 Positioning: 9 Aggression: 5 Bravery: 6

A 6 foot 1 inch 205 lbs Right Winger from Langley BC, Canada. Jeff Larsson is the classical speedy right winger with a good shot. Jeff also has a pretty good stick which he utilizes in the defensive zone, not just the offensive zone. Id expects the build to continue to fill out in the physical and offensive stats, with their 33 TPE points saved up.
This new user has 28 million, high posts, high activity, and a lot of activity in discord channels. They seem very committed to the league and should be a great pickup in the draft, often exclaiming that they should go first overall. confidence or a warning to other GMs hmmm.

Stars 11. Zayne Dangle – Vaxlare - TPE  306
Strengths: Passing: 14 Puck handling: 14 Offensive Read: 14 Defensive Read: 14
Weaknesses: Getting Open: 10 Shooting Range: 10 Acceleration: 10 Agility: 10

A huge 6 foot 4inch 218 lbs defender from Kladno, Czech Republic, this defenceman is pretty well balanced. They have a lot of standout abilities being in the 14ths in a lot of categories, while having a lot of others around the 10-12 range. Their standout skills are in offensive ratings skills, but they show an inclination for defense by having a 14 in Defensive Reads. Overall, I like the build and Zayne has 31 points in order to further round out their build.
Another active new user, this player made a lot (25 million) during their first season mainly through graphics. Seems to be a solid user who can easily go on to have a top 10 career if this earning continues consistently.

Aurora 12. Jesper Aittokallio – JayWhy - TPE  308
Strengths: Passing: 14 Offensive Read: 13 Puck handling: 13 Stamina: 14 Balance: 13
Weaknesses: Hitting: 5 Shot Blocking: 8 Acceleration: 11 Shooting Range: 10

A Big Center, 6 foot 3inch and 217 lbs, who is from Tampere, Finland. Their build is almost impossible to comment on as they have 68 TPE saved up currently, which is a fair bit. This center could go anywhere with their build and should be flexible enough to work with any team who picks them up.
This user has been on the site since 2012 and has created 3 players before this, all who earned over 1350 TPE, with 2 over 1700 TPE. Obviously a very dedicated and long standing user, this player should slot in perfectly into any team that drafts them. They seem to have missed a few potential TPE opportunities this season, but you can’t put a price on reliability.

Dragons 13. Wendolene Ramsbottom – JuOSu - TPE  318
Strengths: Stick checking: 15 Defensive Read: 15 Checking: 15 Positioning: 13
Weaknesses: Speed: 11 Shot Blocking: 11 Hitting: 11 Passing: 11

A 6 foot 6 inch 229 lbs Right Defence from Great Britain, this user is another player apart of the upper echelon draft class of defenders. They have some of the best defensive stats that I’ve seen in this draft class, with multiple 15s in that tier, and will most certainly be the top shutdown defender off the board. Overall, the build seems really good for a shutdown defender, and I have no complaints.
Another remake user who has been around since 2017, this user seems to be a steady reliable contributor. They already have 36 million stored in the bank which should get them through at least a couple of seasons of training. Usually hard to miss on such a reliable user like this.

Aurora 14. Akashi SixNine Jr – FourFour - TPE  309
Strengths: Strength: 14 Checking: 13 Getting Open: 13 Puck handling: 13
Weaknesses: Bravery: 5 Shot Blocking: 5 Shooting Accuracy: 11 Agility: 12

A big 6 foot 4inch 213 lbs right winger from Calgary, Canada. The build, as usual, is one which has very little holes and a lot of points spread around. Almost impossible to tell what this user is going for in terms of builds, other then just being the most well rounded player possible. Their one attribute at 14 is strength, which suggests to me a 2 way power forward.
The user has been around for a long time (2013) and has over 40 million in the bank. Definitely a solid vet who should be an unmissable solid player. They have won 5 challenge cups, and two 4 star cups, so obviously this user knows how to win.

Rage 15. Tommy Tightpants – tommytightpants - TPE  317
Strengths: Offensive Read: 14 Passing: 14 Getting Open: 13 Shooting Accuracy: 13
Weaknesses: Agility: 11 Acceleration: 11 Stick checking: 11 Positioning: 11

A 6 foot 3 inch 205 lbs Right winger from Montreal Canada. So far, the build looks to be a well balanced one, with a slight edge toward being offensive and speedy while sacrificing a bit in the defensive end. Everything is quite well balanced, and they’ve stored up 33 points currently to take this build in any direction, which it seems a lot of rookies are doing.
The user is new to the site but has a bank roll of just under 16 million and an activity time of just under a day. This user is also active in discord channels from what I’ve noticed, which is always a good sign for their future involvement in the league.

Aurora 16. Rebecca Montagne – OrbitingDeath – TPE 320
Strengths: Positioning: 14 Rebound: 14 Recovery: 14 Reflexes: 15 Mental Toughness: 13
Weaknesses: Blocker: 11 Glove: 11 Low Shots: 11 Poke Check: 5 Passing: 5

A 5 foot 9 inch, 170 lbs, French goalie, Rebecca is one of the premier goalies going into the upcoming draft. Any team which needs a future superstar netminder would be happy to pick her up during the first round. After an interesting first season where she took the backseat to a far inferior goalie, look for Rebecca to take the reigns next season.
The user behind is anther recreate with a big bank roll, obviously showing experience, funds, and the commitment needed to be a top pick. A fellow teammate, Rebecca is for sure A good presence to be had in the locker room for any team. Falls down in the draft due to being a goalie, and ends up going to a team who needs a future franchise goalie.

Barracuda 17. Christian Kinsinger – Symmetrik - TPE  313
Strengths: Passing: 14 Puck handling: 14 Stamina: 14 Offensive Read: 13 Shooting Range: 12
Weaknesses: Hitting: 11 Shot Blocking: 9 Speed: 12 Bravery: 10

A 6 foot 2 inch 212 lbs rookie from Roskilde, Denmark, this left defender is another solid TPE earner. Their build, as most defenceman in this draft, is very well balanced with a slight edge towards the offensive zone. The important attributes in passing and puck handling makes them good at breaking out and could make them a good quarterback for a powerplay.
The user looks to be a recreate, having joined in December 2016. This is their third create, and it looks like the last two had good careers so this could be a hard to miss prospect. They enter the next season with 21 million in the bank, but with all older players usually you can trust that they know the optimal ways to make money, after being in the league for so long. Should be a solid reliable user and player.

Patriotes 18. Anzelms Krastiņš - jackalewis229 - TPE  314
Strengths: Reflexes: 15 Positioning: 15 Recovery: 13 Mental Toughness: 12
Weaknesses: Poke Check: 9 Skating: 8 Passing: 10 Blocker: 11 Glove: 11

A big goalie, coming in at 6 foot 7 inch and 235 lbs, hailing from Latvia. Not that I know anything about goalie builds, but it looks solid with very high reflexes and positioning, which is what I would imagine are the most important goalie skills. Will be able to increase all of these 11s as more TPE is earned.
The user looks to be recreating a goalie due to missing seasons and falling behind in TPE for his last build. This might hurt his draft stock going into the draft, but so far Anzelms has picked up almost all TPE for the first season, so might be worth taking the risk for this round 2 recreation. Similar to Rebecca, he also falls down in the draft due to being a goalie, and also ends up going to a team who picks up a great future starter later in the draft.

Renegades 19. Eddie Creller – Mook - TPE  312
Strengths: Getting Open: 15 Strength: 13 Passing: 13 Puckhandling: 13 Offensive Read: 13
Weaknesses: Hitting: 10 Shot Blocking: 5 Shooting Range: 10 Bravery: 10

A 6 foot 1 inch 197 lbs Left winger from Galway, Ireland, Eddie is another another well balanced player going into the upcoming draft. Their current build doesn’t give off a lot of information about their potential future build, as currently they are bit of a jack of all trades. They could really go in any direction with their 20 TPE points saved up.
The user is one of the oldest users in this upcoming, as they started in September 2014. I’m sure there is a long and storied history behind this user, and they should be a solid risk free user for a team to pick up. Their 6 cups also show that this player wins, which obviously looks good for any potential team.

Steelhawks 20. Yannick Svoboda – Whitecap - TPE  317
Strengths: Puck handling: 15 Passing: 14 Offensive Read: 14 Defensive Read: 13
Weaknesses: Balance: 10 Strength: 10 Shot Blocking: 10 Hitting: 10 Shooting Range: 7

A 5 foot 10 inch 180 lbs Right Winger from Czech Republic, this right wing is a speedy player with good puck handling. Despite this, they are still very reliable in their own end, boosting 4 13 scores in this category. The user does have 33 TPE saved up, which makes it hard to evaluate the players build.
The user is a new player with just under 14 million in the bank, but with good activity on the forums and website. Seems to be a solid prospect who has picked up almost all of the TPE he could have over the season.

Close with potential to move up into the top 20 picks.. Could be other too of course

21. Gordie Goodenough – Mdavidson - TPE  316
Strengths: Offensive Read: 14 Passing: 14 Speed: 14 Strength: 13
Weaknesses: Shot Blocking: 9 Positioning: 9 Aggression: 5 Bravery: 6

A 6 foot 0 inch 185 lbs center from Calgary Canada. Gordie is another prospect from the Regina Elk who are looking to be taken in the first to second round range. His build looks to be a shutdown center, with a large portion of their TPE being put into speed and defensive ratings. Could be a good future second to third liner for a team.
The user is another member of this stacked new user draft class, and he has had good activity in all channels that GMs look for. The bank balance could be a bit higher, but he has shown a flourish for his unique graphic art style which should allow him to make money throughout the next season.

22. Theo Berglund - shan3p - TPE  311
Strengths: Passing: 15 Getting Open: 13 Puck handling: 13 Agility: 13 Strength: 13 Speed: 13
Weaknesses: Bravery: 11 Hitting: 11 Shot Blocking: 11

A big 6 foot 3 inch 208 lbs Right Defenceman from Stockholm, Sweden, and also my current player. I have a few points saved up, but I thin its pretty evident that I prefer more of an offensive slanted defenceman, one who is quick and can quarterback a power play; this is of course without being a complete liability in the defensive end.
This is my player and this is also my first time in a simulation league for anyone wondering. I think overall ill be a pretty decent earner, but wont be able to challenge for those real covenanted top spots in the long run. Despite this, I think ill still end up being a good player and could end up a steal down at 20th or so position. 

23. Frederico Von Schnicktenburg – Durden - TPE  315
Strengths: Shooting Accuracy: 15 Offensive Read: 14 Getting Open: 14 Puck handling: 13
Weaknesses: Bravery: 9 Aggression: 5 Positioning: 11 Stick checking: 11 Shot Blocking: 11

A huge 6 foot 4 inch 227 lbs left winger from Aarhus, Denmark, this winger has all of the makeups of a pure goal scorer. They have one of the best shots of this entire draft (15 accuracy) and have the offensive reads and ability to get open in order to get this shot off. Based on their size I wouldn’t be surprised to see them evolve later into a power forward, but this isn’t for sure. Frederico also has 27 TPE to spend in the off season so it will be interesting to see what they do with it.
The user looks to be a long, long time user from 2015, with a 14 million dollar bank behind them. The bank balance doesn’t worry me though, as they obviously are well versed in making SHL money. I don’t see how you could miss on a pick who has been around for so long, so look for this player to be picked up by a team looking for a reliable cant miss prospect.

24. Dirty Boots - CapnCooper - TPE  313
Strengths: Offensive Read: 14 Passing: 15 Puck handling: 13 Stick checking: 13 Defensive Read: 13
Weaknesses: Bravery: 5 Getting Open: 10 Shooting Range: 10 Hitting: 11 Speed: 11

A 6 foot 1 inch 207 lbs Left Defenseman from “City”, Canada, Dirty Boots is making a name for himself for the upcoming S62 Draft. Looks to have a pretty good build, very similar to mine, which is well balanced but puts an emphasis on pass and offensive reads. Could be a good future powerplay quarterback.
The user is another new user who has made just under 12 million in their first season and has picked up most TPE along the way. I’m sure GMs would like to see the money earned a bit higher, but they’ve made enough to be comfortable going into next season. Solid user who gets their tasks done efficiently and effectively, should be a good player for sure. 

25. Ignaz Pleyel – VillageBC - TPE  313
Strengths: Screening: 13 Getting Open: 13 Shooting Accuracy: 13 Stamina: 14 Strength: 13
Weaknesses: Hitting: 10 Passing: 12 Shooting Range: 9 Positioning: 11

A 6 foot 4 inch 220 lbs Left winger from Sooke, Canada, this player has a lot of TPE saved but so its hard to project their future build, A pretty well balanced build currently, but if we had to predict it, I would guess a solid left wing grinder and net front presence. Screening being at 13 inclines me to think that they want to be in front of the net, but also with a good shot and speed.
This is another new user who has earned a solid 9.7 million for their first season. They’ve made a few small articles which shows good prospects for future money earning schemes, but no big bank makers currently. They’ve picked up a large amount of TPE though which is always a good sign.

[Image: ReginaElkLogoAlternate.png][Image: ReginaElkLogoAlternate.png]

Good write-up, really like it.

I'm gonna take some notes from this Smile

25th, I'm insulted. =)

[Image: I3BTEQc.png] [Image: oMh09WY.png] [Image: pxjucze.png]

Great draft preview. Thanks for the kind words. Good luck in the draft!

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

Only thing of note is that JayWhy will automatically be assigned to MAN due to being the GM, and thus won't be drafted (at least not in the first). Other wise good media!

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

ah ok makes sense, wasn't sure how that worked. thanks!

[Image: ReginaElkLogoAlternate.png][Image: ReginaElkLogoAlternate.png]

I'd like to thank Flex for helping me with builds literally every week, and James for being the most talkative person I've ever met. Pleased with the great achievement of being 1OA on shan3p's mock draft  Biggrin

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

10-20-2021, 07:07 PMmer Wrote: I'd like to thank Flex for helping me with builds literally every week, and James for being the most talkative person I've ever met. Pleased with the great achievement of being 1OA on shan3p's mock draft  Biggrin

Stop exposing me  Angry

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures!