Create Account

Petition to move Fantasy Drafts to Discord
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2021, 11:44 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

10-25-2021, 11:40 AMMyLittleHexx Wrote:
10-25-2021, 11:38 AMbrickwall35 Wrote: Should have mentioned it in the OP, but I feel like if we might to Discord the 18 hour limit can be cut shorter. I'd say 12.

So if it’s your turn during the night when you sleep, and then you have work in the morning you’re essentially skipped?

essentially this

I personally wouldn't mind it being on discord though

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

10-25-2021, 11:40 AMMyLittleHexx Wrote:
10-25-2021, 11:38 AMbrickwall35 Wrote: Should have mentioned it in the OP, but I feel like if we might to Discord the 18 hour limit can be cut shorter. I'd say 12.

So if it’s your turn during the night when you sleep, and then you have work in the morning you’re essentially skipped?

how dare you have a normal life ?

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

I am here for this change. Please!

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

10-25-2021, 11:42 AMWashed-up trash Wrote:
10-25-2021, 11:40 AMMyLittleHexx Wrote: So if it’s your turn during the night when you sleep, and then you have work in the morning you’re essentially skipped?

essentially this

I personally  wouldn't mind it being on discord though
Fair points. We probably wouldn't need the time limit to change anyway, because people tend to be more active on Discord. And yeah, there are 100% people who are IA on site but active on Discord.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

this would kinda slap ngl

10-25-2021, 12:11 PMbrickwall35 Wrote:
10-25-2021, 11:42 AMWashed-up trash Wrote: essentially this

I personally  wouldn't mind it being on discord though
Fair points. We probably wouldn't need the time limit to change anyway, because people tend to be more active on Discord. And yeah, there are 100% people who are IA on site but active on Discord.

Yeah I think the ability to "ping" would move things along much quicker. I'm def for this idea.

have the option to sign up for discord only drafts. that way people who don't want to discord can still use the traditional way.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

I think the part where we message the user on the forum could be moved to discord, but as a backup there should still be the option to make it forum-only even if that's only a small minority of users.
I insist that we keep the 18h however, because of time zones and what not. But can we please make sure that if you signed up as a group manager that you keep an eye on those 18h and not let them pass without doing anything? That often makes drafts even slower and the group manager job is already so simple.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

A lot of good feedback in here. To summarize:

1. Ability to make custom groups, as well as the option to have Discord Only / Mixed / Forum only groups.

2. Maintain the 18 hour limit.

3. Stricter enforcement by the group managers.

12 hour turns shouldn't exist and can legitimately skip people as they work.

I also like having the forum drafts so I can see what other groups are doing.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

10-25-2021, 12:57 PMsve7en Wrote: 12 hour turns shouldn't exist and can legitimately skip people as they work.

Even if we moved to Discord, I would still like to see the group managers update the forum group with picks as they currently do.

Yes

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

10-25-2021, 11:38 AMbrickwall35 Wrote:
10-25-2021, 11:26 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: I dont really see what problem this is solving. If you're IA for a site draft, you're IA for a discord draft.
Should have mentioned it in the OP, but I feel like if we might to Discord the 18 hour limit can be cut shorter. I'd say 12.

if your priority is a quick draft, then sure i guess that helps. But otherwise just exacerbates the problem. If someone makes a pick at 1 am my time and I dont check site or discord until i get out of work, i just get skipped ?

i think there's something you guys ought to know: slow draft is best draft. As much as I complain about it myself, waiting for teams to complete their rosters can be a god-send. Michaud is a good example.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

10-25-2021, 12:59 PMbrickwall35 Wrote:
10-25-2021, 12:57 PMsve7en Wrote: 12 hour turns shouldn't exist and can legitimately skip people as they work.

Even if we moved to Discord, I would still like to see the group managers update the forum group with picks as they currently do.

that just sounds like a forum draft with extra steps.
again, other than a preference of which app you open on your device, i don't see what a discord draft actually helps. If it's opt in, i hope my groups enjoy using the forums lol.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Non-random groups invites rigging, and also sets up a way to guarantee your teams can get an average amount of TPE per season if they build LR groups, which would have to be looked at as well. If it didn't award TPE it could be done without much thought I think, but with TPE already having a lot of inflation complaints, I don't know if having fantasy open up more exploits is really something I would want to do.