Create Account

Sweet Tooth from the Media Booth (2x Draft Media)

Hello again, Frans Fudge here from Northlands Sports Authority. I am back with another pre-draft watch. I love how this years SMJHL draft class looks. I have been keeping a close eye on these players and we have great amount of talent coming. This class has been really active and has had good communication with their possible clubs. I have talked with a few of these prospect and things are not set in stone come draft. There is no solid 1, 2 of 3 pick this year. I will go through some of my 1OA's, Locks, Sleepers and Busts for this years draft and compare them to some NHL players in playstyle.

Falcons 1OA  Falcons

San-Sam Emerson, LD

This player is a BEAST. This defender is silky-smooth. They have some remarkable talent coming into this entry draft. They bring in solid TPE and a big $44M bank, this would be a hard player to pass on with first pick! In this player's build they have a lot of comparison to Cale Makar of the Avalanche. They have strong skating but amazing offensive side threat. This defensemen could see some top points on a line with some solid screeners. I would be shocked if San-Sam doesn't make it to at least 25pts this year.

Ergo Nomic, LD

Here comes the Commish!! I cant make a 1OA section and not mention Ergo. She is a solid pick anywhere in the top3. You are getting good knowledge, great TPE and big bank. You wont have to worry about keeping this player active or up on their progression, she is a auto pick and let her go, no hassle pick here. She is building a solid overall build. She is going a balanced of skating, offense, and defense. She will be very similar to Ryan Suter of the Dallas Stars. She is going to be solid at keep pucks away from the goalies and great moving puck up and distributing to offense for scoring chances.

Chris McZehrl Jr., C

You want franchise player, look no further. Chris is everything you look for in a 1OA. A lot like Ergo before, Chris is knowledgeable with the league and this isn't their first season here. As a recreate, Chris will be a great help in any locker room and solid leader right away. He brings good TPE and a big $23M bank with him. I would compare Chris to Anze Kopitar of the LA Kings. He will being a big solid frame good balance and solid puck moving ability. He will have no problem in the offensive side but also give great physical presence to the defensive side. You would be mad if you passed on this guy in either 1.2 or 3.

Goal Sleepers Goal

Ivan Lacksamus, RW

Ivan isn't lacking much here! This player is only on my sleeper picks due to the solid top3 gaining so much attention he just happens to be over looked. He could easily go top 3. He is bringing a great knowledge of the game good TPE and good $13M bank> I have also had the honor of speaking with him a lot as he is very active in the discord locker rooms as well. i still feel guilty placing Ivan in the Sleeper category considering all he brings to a team it is just that the three previously mentioned are just garnishing a lot of talk. Ivan is building a slightly more offensive RW with some solid defense with it. I would compare Ivan to Patrice Bergeron of the Boston Bruins. Though he is not at Center, Ivan will bring tons of offense and be a top point getting for any team he will also be know for the defense he shows on ice. Solid pick and big steal anywhere after 3.

Rand al'Thor, LD

This guy is the epidemy of sleeper! Rand is a solid presence in locker rooms and is showing solid knowledge in the league as a former player. As mentioned before there are some big recreate names back this class and a lot of good players are getting over looked but from my time in the locker rooms he shows a great presence and can bring some good cohesion to any team. Rand will come with a good amount of TPE and $18M in the bank. Rand is building a solid, physical defenseman who will blast bombs from the point. Rand seems to be focusing on the big shot but also allowing good points to a big physical defensive side. I would compare Rand to Zdeno Chara of the New York Islanders. He will work great with a solid screen line and will be tough to work around in the defensive zone with his size and physical play.

Lesgo Brandon, LW

Can you say STEAL! Lesgo is an easy pick in the first round. This is a first Gen player, so he will be overlooked as most are with the uncertainty of activity and if they are going to stick with the league long term. I have been following this player and I can tell you if he is stays as active as he has been he will be a great fit in any locker room. He will be bring one of the top TPE in the class and though his bank ($1.7M) is low right now I have seen a bunch of media been done so I would assume a bigger bank come draft with some pending grading. Lesgo is building what looks to be a pure skating forward with a lot of offensive upside. He is putting some points in defense but the focus is still skating and offense. I would compare Lesgo to Teemu Selanne of the Anaheim Ducks. He will be on the score sheet game in and out.

Surrender Busts Surrender

C.J Broussard, RW

Never fun calling out busts. Hope mentioning busts kicks these guys in gear to prove me wrong. C.J. Just hasn't been active. He hasn't made an update page or done any posts other than create the player. I hope he find more time to build up and improve, but as for now just looks IA to me. The build is set to be a pure skater with great conditioning but lacks a lot of defense and not a top scorer. I see C.J. falling out possibly not even in the top 2 rounds. I would compare C.J. to Jason Zucker of the PIT Penguins. He will have alot of skating ability just wont be top scorer or shot block much.

Nicola Schumperli, C

Nicola has been in the league before, and that's hard to place in busts. I feel the only reason to place here is we just haven't seen much activity in locker rooms and hasn't posted any updates to this player yet. They are bringing in $5M bank but that's not a big amount for a recreate player. Nicola is building a balance player build with solid skating, offense, and defense but none of them have a stand out attribute. I would compare Nicola with Dustin Brown of the LA Kings. He will bring solid play in all aspect of the game but wont necessarily be points leader or great PK player.

Marsels Antilope, G

Marsels is another player who just doesn't look active. He has no money in the bank, no update made or any posts other than the create player, just one of the players to avoid to start until activity picks ups. New members just need a harder look at to make sure they don't fizzle out and become IA on your roster. Marsels is building a rebound control style tendie, with a lack of positioning base. I would compare Marsels to Dominik Hasek of the Buffalo Sabres. He will be out of position and scrambling a bunch but with high rebound control he could coral the pucks and limit rebounds in danger areas.

There you have it! My picks for 1OA, Sleepers, and Busts for this S63 Entry Draft. I know we will have a great draft and season with this class, and hope all those sleepers work out and the busts kick it in gear and develop and have big careers. I would not be surprised if there is some movement in picks this year as well considering there is some depth in this draft and some solid top picks who could turn teams around. Until next time!

Sweet dreams hockey fans!

Frans Fudge
Northlands Sports Authority

I was going for more of an Al McInnis/Shea Weber vibe but love to see it, good article!

10-27-2021, 08:00 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: I was going for more of an Al McInnis/Shea Weber vibe but love to see it, good article!
 i put Zdeno in that category with Howitzers from the point lol all won hardest shot lol

10-27-2021, 08:04 PMDhoop Wrote:
10-27-2021, 08:00 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: I was going for more of an Al McInnis/Shea Weber vibe but love to see it, good article!
 i put Zdeno in that category with Howitzers from the point lol all won hardest shot lol

But he was a Bruin.

10-27-2021, 08:07 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote:
10-27-2021, 08:04 PMDhoop Wrote:  i put Zdeno in that category with Howitzers from the point lol all won hardest shot lol

But he was a Bruin.

I mean yeah that hurts but hes not a rat LOL

10-27-2021, 08:09 PMDhoop Wrote:
10-27-2021, 08:07 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: But he was a Bruin.

I mean yeah that hurts but hes not a rat LOL

Second jersey I ever owned was a Pacioretty... :(

10-27-2021, 08:21 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote:
10-27-2021, 08:09 PMDhoop Wrote: I mean yeah that hurts but hes not a rat LOL

Second jersey I ever owned was a Pacioretty... :(

not a bad jersey as long as it wasnt a Marchand jersey lol

10-27-2021, 08:23 PMDhoop Wrote:
10-27-2021, 08:21 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: Second jersey I ever owned was a Pacioretty... :(

not a bad jersey as long as it wasnt a Marchand jersey lol

Someone draft him right now!

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

Damn this is some great stuff!

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

10-27-2021, 08:26 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: Damn this is some great stuff!

Much appreciated!!

Great media!

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

10-27-2021, 08:49 PMjay2233 Wrote: Great media!

thanks Smile