Create Account

Winnipeg Aurora + Rangerjase Punishment

11-04-2021, 05:57 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
11-04-2021, 04:26 PMleviadan Wrote: This is probably a dumb question because I don't know the first thing about GMing a team or FHM, but why limit coaching?
FHM coaching goes a lot farther than simple line combos and player roles. Most people have a hard enough time trying to figure those out, while some other coaches are tinkering around with their millionth permutation of individual tactics.

Restricting individual tactics puts coaches back on more even footing.

It also restricts the inherent time advantage that some GMs have. If your war room has 40 man hours a week to test stuff (one, be more efficient) you have some serious advantages, and like @Merica said, there's some argument for not being as absurdly high strung.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

11-04-2021, 12:26 PMThunder39 Wrote:
11-04-2021, 10:02 AMAvakael Wrote: Unpopular opinion: the trade should just be flat out reversed, and Thunder39 should be a North Star.

[Image: giphy.gif]

If TOR and WPG aren't cool with it, or really want to do right by you to get you back to the LR you were drafted to, they can think of a new trade. At the end of the day, trade was illegal. Any solution that involves only partly undoing the trade is also partly sanctioning it, as well as making a subjective ruling about whether WPG or TOR was more at fault based on what assets are returned or go where- good luck setting any precedent based on that. You have to completely unzip it, and if that's inconvenient, that's part of the consequences to the team.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

11-04-2021, 02:44 PMDELIRIVM Wrote:
11-04-2021, 02:28 PMVandy Wrote: I applied a few times for the J and the League HO's and either got told no or never heard back so I stopped. Honestly lol I'd just like to try it out. I certainly can't be as bad as some folks.

Same goes for Expansion GMs. Head Office's hiring people that have gone inactive after getting expansion teams in both leagues over other candidates. 

[Image: 200.gif]

They can only hire what's put in front of them. They don't have a crystal ball to see who is still going to be around in however many seasons.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

11-04-2021, 01:45 PMpauadrian Wrote:
11-04-2021, 09:03 AMJayWhy Wrote: This is blatant favoritism and it is absolutely disgusting to me. There has NEVER been something so cut and dry. The rules say this isn't allowed, any time this has happened before and gotten approved, the teams were forced to renegotiate. Yet now this time because it's a new guy in Toronto that you guys like, oh well let's not make it their fault. Let's reframe it to fuck over the new guy in Winnipeg, but ignore the new guy in Toronto's culpability.

This is the most ridiculous decision that could have been made. This ignores all precedent because you like one person more. What do I have to do to be allowed to make illegal trades? Make you cookies? Be shit at my job and go "i made a fucky wucky?" Horseshit. Absolute fucking horseshit.

I get it, Luke was the backbone of the HO and you'rea fucking coward who doesn't want people mad at you. But you've been in this role long enough to be able to fucking enforce the rules, and if you refuse to do so based on the very clear precedent, then you're failing at your job and spitting in our fucking faces.

Damn, I'm glad you were too shit at your job to sign me. Insulting someone personally like this is weak

Literally nobody wanted you.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

11-04-2021, 04:51 PMCampinKiller Wrote: GM PT passes are a no from me dog. Do GMs do a lot of work - yes. Is it to the level of the simming team? No.

Simming team deserves anything and everything their way.

Don't think that they should be used as a measurement of whether or not somebody else deserves a PT pass. Can't speak about SHL GMs because I know the pacing is more long term, but I know for my fellow J GMs and the amount of time and effort they put in is incredible.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

11-04-2021, 04:01 PMWearingabear Wrote: Give GMs PT passes
Increase regression
Limit coaching
Create a disciplinary committee
Make punishments consistent and fair

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Fuck I think I missed the drama. Hopefully @PremierBromanov figured out his sharty pants. Being a poopy diaper pants baby is the real issue here that people refuse to acknowledge in this thread.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

11-04-2021, 04:51 PMCampinKiller Wrote: GM PT passes are a no from me dog. Do GMs do a lot of work - yes. Is it to the level of the simming team? No.

Doesn't mean they don't deserve a PT pass.

If a member of HO is worried about the the amount of applicants for a GM position, and don't want to hand out punishments because of that, make the GM job more attractive.

We've been averaging around 350 members doing an AC but we couldn't get more than a small handful of people to apply for two open GM roles. Seems like it's time for some changes.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

11-04-2021, 10:17 PMWearingabear Wrote:

Doesn't mean they don't deserve a PT pass.

If a member of HO is worried about the the amount of applicants for a GM position, and don't want to hand out punishments because of that, make the GM job more attractive.

We've been averaging around 350 members doing an AC but we couldn't get more than a small handful of people to apply for two open GM roles. Seems like it's time for some changes.

J GMs have been pushing for a CW PT Pass at the minimum, and I personally see no reason to not give that at the very least

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

11-04-2021, 07:20 PMAcsolap Wrote:
11-04-2021, 02:44 PMDELIRIVM Wrote: Same goes for Expansion GMs. Head Office's hiring people that have gone inactive after getting expansion teams in both leagues over other candidates. 

[Image: 200.gif]

They can only hire what's put in front of them. They don't have a crystal ball to see who is still going to be around in however many seasons.

Overdoo I'm not sure people saw coming but the shl gm...

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

11-04-2021, 10:54 PMSlashACM Wrote:
11-04-2021, 07:20 PMAcsolap Wrote: They can only hire what's put in front of them. They don't have a crystal ball to see who is still going to be around in however many seasons.

Overdoo I'm not sure people saw coming but the shl gm...

What had Dankoa ever done to make people think he may disappear within two months of hiring?

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

11-04-2021, 11:02 PMKeygan Wrote:
11-04-2021, 10:54 PMSlashACM Wrote: Overdoo I'm not sure people saw coming but the shl gm...

What had Dankoa ever done to make people think he may disappear within two months of hiring?

He’s still updating which is hilarious to me

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

11-04-2021, 08:12 AMMayuu Wrote: Lets just do some illegal retention trades, it's only a third as punishment and there's rarely ever players worth signing in the third round anyway. You know with cap constraints and all.

i was drafted in the third round  Cry

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

11-04-2021, 12:36 PMsve7en Wrote:
11-04-2021, 12:24 PMTommySalami Wrote: I have some thoughts to give as there has been some good discussion in here.

HO is an ever-changing entity. Myself, hhh and rangerjase were not involved in the Toronto decision from a few seasons ago. I myself was very against the decision in the comments and felt like there could have been a better solution reached. If I joined HO because I want to see change but am held back by the decisions of those who came before me, how can we expect the league to change and grow?

We are currently working on becoming more lenient to GMs. Being a GM in this league used to be a privilege that was fought over, now it seems like a chore to a lot of people. Sadly for MTL, the punishment was set in stone as per the rulebook. There is nothing in the rulebook regarding this situation with Ace so we have room to be more lenient. As long as I'm in HO, I'll be fighting for the removal of auto-firing strikes/probation and hopefully we can get that approved and into the rulebook. I believe it limits our ability to run the league. It's not difficult to tell when a GM has become too incompetent to run their team. Punishment is not an effective deterrent in the real world so I'm not sure why we'd expect it to be in our sim league.

I can give you reasons for HOs laziness but I think we should take responsibility for that. We need to do a better job communicating and frankly getting things from the discussion phase to the action phase. I Personally take responsibility for that as I am now a leader within the group. Frankly, Luke did a lot that went under the radar and it's everyones job in HO to pick up the slack.

I appreciate a lot of this, especially that recognition that GMing isn't a desirable role for most people right now. I think this is a multifaceted issue, but the punishments and stressors associated are a component and to have that considered is a start.

That’s true.

I feel like 15-20 seasons ago 1 maybe 2 die hards can run a team… now it’s takes allot of people doing allot of things to run a franchise affectively. The league and its teams have evolved to a point where there’s alllllot that goes into the role.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I'll join HO and sort this mess out on the condition that you unban @formx and make him a part of HO too

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]