Create Account

Updated: Changes to Regression

12-03-2021, 12:54 PMluketd Wrote: Instead of working on their own product and seeing if there is something they could do better/differently on how users build their players, how the update scale works, are the PT´s interesting or challenging enough, is the TPE handed out too much etc etc, SHL opened the door to other leagues to come in and water down everything. With this ´improvement´, less people will do the actual PT´s here, which is worrying since you can have a solid career without writing media or having a job - basically giving a free ticket to be a top player by teaming up with other leagues, doing the minimum now gives you a lot more than in the past - that is wrong and only benefits the other leagues. SHL drops down to their level, instead of closing the door and kicking the snakes from other leagues out of power. Whoever even suggested anything like this should be fired right away.  ´Hey I got an idea, lets help other leagues be more active... huh, what? No, we mention your name in there as well and promote it as something that will help everybody´ And you went with it.

SHL has always been the top league in my eyes, has the most users and the whole experience of coming up from juniors and making your way to big role in SHL is great, even the PT´s are decent usually and lets face it, it does not take too much of your time out of the week to do the actual PT´s here - I mean honestly. If you don´t want to do them or don´t like them, that is fine, but why the need to bring other leagues in? Are people now going to join SHL because in the past they could not find, what 1h of their week to do AC, training and the PT´s? Are people now going to write media/do graphics because they got that giant amount of time saved from not having to do PT´s?  No, this is 100% playing to the hands of PBE and NFSL who got nothing to lose by teaming up with a league with as many users as SHL has, the fact that this is something considered worth even trying is already a big loss to SHL and again helps PBE and NFSL.

Soon SHL wont be the top league anymore, others are catching up and instead of trying to run away - SHL stops and waits for them.
Is this fresh pasta?

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

HO admitting a mistake would require these changes to be a mistake in the first place. Everyone is too attached to the number. There will be less TPE and everyone in those classes will still be on top - just with less TPE

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

12-02-2021, 06:16 PMToast Wrote:
12-02-2021, 06:02 PMAcsolap Wrote: I mean Kirkby played the majority of his career at 50 games per season. Is it unfair that you all had full careers of 66 games? No, that's just the way she goes. 54 will still have more tpe than every other class. In fact they'll still have more or less the same tpe Kirkby did at his peak because of the vast inflation of tpe over the last few seasons.

You peaked at over 2100TPE. 54s just had their opportunity to get even one season at above 2000 robbed from them.

Couldn't agree more, I joined late into the J s53 since the spare pandemic time. I worked my ass off going from 45th overall to the top 15 earners of the s54 class. I've been eyeballing the 2k mark to get the forum badge and because I fell just short with my first player. I would have finally reached it next season. Now I don't even get a season at the top after all my hard work and dedication. It's disrespectful and has essentially ruined my motivation moving forward to the point where I'm leaning towards not recreating. The HO contradicts their own plans and vision and 2 classes are the main collateral damage for it.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

12-03-2021, 12:52 PMEvok Wrote: HO admitting they made a mistake would be a first lmao. I'm still waiting for @"TommySalami" amazing research results, probably not biased at all, to see why this was needed to be implemented that way

Not really fair to pin your frustrations on Tommy, there was significant work put into this.

For what it's worth GM chat, an often spicy place, was largely nonplussed by the changes outside of two or three members.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

12-03-2021, 12:54 PMluketd Wrote: Instead of working on their own product and seeing if there is something they could do better/differently on how users build their players, how the update scale works, are the PT´s interesting or challenging enough, is the TPE handed out too much etc etc, SHL opened the door to other leagues to come in and water down everything. With this ´improvement´, less people will do the actual PT´s here, which is worrying since you can have a solid career without writing media or having a job - basically giving a free ticket to be a top player by teaming up with other leagues, doing the minimum now gives you a lot more than in the past - that is wrong and only benefits the other leagues. SHL drops down to their level, instead of closing the door and kicking the snakes from other leagues out of power. Whoever even suggested anything like this should be fired right away.  ´Hey I got an idea, lets help other leagues be more active... huh, what? No, we mention your name in there as well and promote it as something that will help everybody´ And you went with it.

SHL has always been the top league in my eyes, has the most users and the whole experience of coming up from juniors and making your way to big role in SHL is great, even the PT´s are decent usually and lets face it, it does not take too much of your time out of the week to do the actual PT´s here - I mean honestly. If you don´t want to do them or don´t like them, that is fine, but why the need to bring other leagues in? Are people now going to join SHL because in the past they could not find, what 1h of their week to do AC, training and the PT´s? Are people now going to write media/do graphics because they got that giant amount of time saved from not having to do PT´s?  No, this is 100% playing to the hands of PBE and NFSL who got nothing to lose by teaming up with a league with as many users as SHL has, the fact that this is something considered worth even trying is already a big loss to SHL and again helps PBE and NFSL.

Soon SHL wont be the top league anymore, others are catching up and instead of trying to run away - SHL stops and waits for them.
Affiliate PT's are not in any way the issue with the SHL at the moment. It's an easy way to get PBE, ISFL, and WSBL people interested in the SHL and save them a bit of time, and at the same time can help people branch out into other leagues (I joined the ISFL in large part due to affiliate TPE and it's been great so far). The SHL becoming insular from the rest of the sim league community doesn't benefit anyone in any way.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

12-03-2021, 12:58 PMbrickwall35 Wrote:

Is this fresh pasta?

Could've sworn this is very old pasta

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

12-03-2021, 01:06 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
12-03-2021, 12:58 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: Is this fresh pasta?

Could've sworn this is very old pasta
Wait did I get baited? Damn it.

12-03-2021, 01:07 PMBfine Wrote:
12-03-2021, 01:06 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Could've sworn this is very old pasta
Wait did I get baited? Damn it.

I'm 90% sure it's back from when we first announced affiliate claims. So yes

S66 Damian Littleton

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2021, 01:12 PM by Evok.)

12-03-2021, 01:00 PMAcsolap Wrote:
12-03-2021, 12:52 PMEvok Wrote: HO admitting they made a mistake would be a first lmao. I'm still waiting for @"TommySalami" amazing research results, probably not biased at all, to see why this was needed to be implemented that way

Not really fair to pin your frustrations on Tommy, there was significant work put into this.

For what it's worth GM chat, an often spicy place, was largely nonplussed by the changes outside of two or three members.

Tommy was the one to say they had some research? Anyone is able to provide it, i dont care, but since hes the only one who mentioned it, yes, hes the one i'm asking that he provide it. I cant ask people who don't know what research he mention. Maybe you can provide it then? Not saying he biased it, but wouldnt be surprised ho took what they wanted of it.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2021, 01:20 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

12-03-2021, 01:07 PMBfine Wrote: Wait did I get baited? Damn it.

12-03-2021, 01:09 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: I'm 90% sure it's back from when we first announced affiliate claims. So yes

Baited hard. @Beaver would be proud @"luketd" https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2479595

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Drunk media incoming once I figure out how to get drunk

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

As it has never been possible to play with a peak build would it be an idea that players can play with a peak build in their 10th season? They can earn TPE, but have to bank it and hit them with 20% or 22% regression in their 11th season.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

12-03-2021, 01:19 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:

12-03-2021, 01:09 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: I'm 90% sure it's back from when we first announced affiliate claims. So yes

Baited hard. @Beaver  would be proud @"luketd"  https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2479595
Oh no its Ruutu bait too? I retire

12-03-2021, 01:19 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:

Baited hard. @Beaver  would be proud @"luketd"  https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2479595

Oh my god of course it's a ruutu post

S66 Damian Littleton

12-03-2021, 01:00 PMCount Chocula Wrote:
12-02-2021, 06:16 PMToast Wrote: You peaked at over 2100TPE. 54s just had their opportunity to get even one season at above 2000 robbed from them.

Couldn't agree more, I joined late into the J s53 since the spare pandemic time. I worked my ass off going from 45th overall to the top 15 earners of the s54 class. I've been eyeballing the 2k mark to get the forum badge and because I fell just short with my first player. I would have finally reached it next season. Now I don't even get a season at the top after all my hard work and dedication. It's disrespectful and has essentially ruined my motivation moving forward to the point where I'm leaning towards not recreating. The HO contradicts their own plans and vision and 2 classes are the main collateral damage for it.

You could not have summed it up in a better way and share those exact thoughts

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars