Create Account

trella presser
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021, 12:58 PM by trella.)

READY FOR GRADING

Stepping down as tbb gm, gonna be taking a step back from the site. Super proud of everything we were able to accomplish in tampa bay while i was gm.

AMA. Can be about anything really, thanks guys.

12-22-2021, 12:49 AMSlashACM Wrote: If a rival league popped up where there were stricter limitations on builds, tactics, and roles, would you consider GMing?
probably not. i think i want to enjoy sim leagues casually again. plus, i could always do better in school and could always put more into my relationships.

12-22-2021, 01:04 AMMike Izzy Wrote: - Hypothetically…Teddy Cuddles and Mike Izzy drop the gloves back in S44… does your training in Pune India play a roll in the outcome?

- You did such a freaking great job with Tampa… Why’d ya call it quits at this point?
- yes of course. teddy cuddles went on a crazy spiritual journey and discovered the secrets of the universe. he even ascended to another plane of existence. his poise, dexterity, and reflexes would make him superhuman. mike izzy would still win tho

- for multiple reasons, but i think the main reason is because i stopped having fun and that affected my attitude and mindset when it comes to the league. i loved managing the team and seeing the locker room flourish from which was essentially a clean slate. we have come so far from the 0-50 days (all my fault) and im really proud of what we accomplished. but after awhile, with certain punishments, changes, other drama, etc, i think my mindset was totally toxic and i had to step away. im confident that the team is in a good place to succeed now and in the future with the assets that we have, and whoever takes over will have an amazing and supportive locker room.

12-22-2021, 01:29 AMsve7en Wrote: From being a classmate, to drafting me, providing me consul when I needed guidance, leaving your spot to me as CAR Co, giving me a blueprint to double GMing, and showing me ways to use my voice, a lot of what I've done in this league directly comes from that I spent so much time around you these last two years.

Thanks for laying the ground work.

Anything you'd do different on a new game+ run?
i dont know how to explain what that means to me, thank you so much. you’ve done amazing things and have changed the site for the better and i know you have the same impact on so many people. cheers brother <3

id win a cup if i could do it over again :p

12-22-2021, 01:31 AMFuzzSHL Wrote: Not really a question, but I just wanted to say something here that wasn’t confined to the privacy of a DM.

Without you, I wouldn’t be where I am today. Hell, I may not still be on the site, and Carolina definitely wouldn’t be what it has become either. You have forever changed the landscape of so many people’s SHL careers and enjoyment of the league in many more ways than you will ever give yourself credit for.

You should enjoy the league, and if stepping away from being a GM helps you do that, then I support that decision a thousand percent. You’re an incredible human being and I just want you to be happy. I do hope that when you think back on your time as a GM that you remember all the different people you’ve had such a profound effect on. Thank you, sincerely, from everyone you’ve directly and indirectly helped. 

Love you, man. Praise Terry
Fuzz, you’ve helped me in more ways than i can say on here and that really means a lot hearing it from you. Carolina days feel so long ago now and I will always look back at them very fondly. Thanks for giving me the chance as your co, sorry for not doing much brunt force work but i guess we didnt need me to :p. Its really humbling and amazing to hear about my impact on people and the league and makes me really grateful for the opportunities I was given.

All love. Fuck the penalties

12-22-2021, 02:13 AMClint Eastwood Wrote: Thoughts on Mike Reilly?
kind of hard to make my mind up about him. last season he was great for us but obviously this season is the opposite. i think he can turn it around.

12-22-2021, 10:37 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: Did you ever think we'd be able to build a community this good?
I knew we could. Our foundation was very strong. @_mcp did a crazy good job seeing the shift coming in the league and getting fantastic value for the assets he had. Without his foresight and great trades, it would have been much harder. We also had a great group from the start even though it was small. We had me, dwight, fitted, you, and peej all already tight from Carolina, along with amazing faces such as Zoltan, Rankle, Hamr, Jericson, etc. @hockeyiscool @Fitted2106 @peej2189 @Rangerjase @Rankle @TomHanks @Jericson

Not to toot my own horn but I have a pretty great track record in drafting tracking all the way back to my first draft with Fuzz in Carolina. With the amount of pure draft capital acquired by MCP and the surprisingly strong foundation already there, I knew I could complete an effective rebuild. We got a little lucky winning 3(?) draft lotteries counting this most recent one, but a part of that is making your own luck, using trades and asset management to put yourself in better situations. We were able to trade for a NOLA 1st despite being one of the better teams, its something that we’ve seen a ton of from the top teams for awhile now. The blueprint was already there, so I followed it.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

If a rival league popped up where there were stricter limitations on builds, tactics, and roles, would you consider GMing?

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

This is against the rules

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

- Hypothetically…Teddy Cuddles and Mike Izzy drop the gloves back in S44… does your training in Pune India play a roll in the outcome?

- You did such a freaking great job with Tampa… Why’d ya call it quits at this point?

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

12-22-2021, 12:49 AMSlashACM Wrote: If a rival league popped up where there were stricter limitations on builds, tactics, and roles, would you consider GMing?
probably not. i think i want to enjoy sim leagues casually again. plus, i could always do better in school and could always put more into my relationships.

12-22-2021, 12:52 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: This is against the rules
rules shmooles

12-22-2021, 01:04 AMMike Izzy Wrote: - Hypothetically…Teddy Cuddles and Mike Izzy drop the gloves back in S44… does your training in Pune India play a roll in the outcome?

- yes of course. teddy cuddles went on a crazy spiritual journey and discovered the secrets of the universe. he even ascended to another plane of existence. his poise, dexterity, and reflexes would make him superhuman. mike izzy would still win tho

- for multiple reasons, but i think the main reason is because i stopped having fun and that affected my attitude and mindset when it comes to the league. i loved managing the team and seeing the locker room flourish from which was essentially a clean slate. we have come so far from the 0-50 days (all my fault) and im really proud of what we accomplished. but after awhile, with certain punishments, changes, other drama, etc, i think my mindset was totally toxic and i had to step away. im confident that the team is in a good place to succeed now and in the future with the assets that we have, and whoever takes over will have an amazing and supportive locker room.

12-22-2021, 01:17 AMtrella Wrote:

You killed it man. Congratulations on your legacy. Cheers

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

From being a classmate, to drafting me, providing me consul when I needed guidance, leaving your spot to me as CAR Co, giving me a blueprint to double GMing, and showing me ways to use my voice, a lot of what I've done in this league directly comes from that I spent so much time around you these last two years.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Not really a question, but I just wanted to say something here that wasn’t confined to the privacy of a DM.

Without you, I wouldn’t be where I am today. Hell, I may not still be on the site, and Carolina definitely wouldn’t be what it has become either. You have forever changed the landscape of so many people’s SHL careers and enjoyment of the league in many more ways than you will ever give yourself credit for.

You should enjoy the league, and if stepping away from being a GM helps you do that, then I support that decision a thousand percent. You’re an incredible human being and I just want you to be happy. I do hope that when you think back on your time as a GM that you remember all the different people you’ve had such a profound effect on. Thank you, sincerely, from everyone you’ve directly and indirectly helped.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

12-22-2021, 01:31 AMFuzzSHL Wrote: Not really a question, but I just wanted to say something here that wasn’t confined to the privacy of a DM.

Hah beat you to it

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

12-22-2021, 01:29 AMsve7en Wrote: From being a classmate, to drafting me, providing me consul when I needed guidance, leaving your spot to me as CAR Co, giving me a blueprint to double GMing, and showing me ways to use my voice, a lot of what I've done in this league directly comes from that I spent so much time around you these last two years.

i dont know how to explain what that means to me, thank you so much. you’ve done amazing things and have changed the site for the better and i know you have the same impact on so many people. cheers brother <3

id win a cup if i could do it over again :p

Fuzz, you’ve helped me in more ways than i can say on here and that really means a lot hearing it from you. Carolina days feel so long ago now and I will always look back at them very fondly. Thanks for giving me the chance as your co, sorry for not doing much brunt force work but i guess we didnt need me to :p. Its really humbling and amazing to hear about my impact on people and the league and makes me really grateful for the opportunities I was given.

All love. Fuck the penalties

Thoughts on Mike Reilly?

<3

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50