Create Account

Comprehensive 'S64 Recreates' Analysis [2x Draft Media]
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 05:50 PM by NJBadApple.)

Well, it's that time again. It's time for SMJHL GM's to put their scouting abilities to the test and see just how good (and accurate) they really are. Among every junior draft, there's always a class of recreates that bring a history of success, failure, respect, and prior earnings to a pool of first-generation players. How will GM's see each prospect? How are they viewed? What causes a GM to take a recreate over a first-gen... or better yet, the other way around? Here we take a comprehensive look at this year's class of recreates, and what exactly makes them stand above the rest. To the SMJHL GM's, you're welcome for doing most of the work for you. Sincerely, a former-GM myself.

*****"Draft Profiles" graphic was edited from the 2011 NHL Entry Draft logo, I do not own nor intend to profit off this graphic.*****

*****Calculations such as 'Bankroll' and 'Posts' are likely to be off since this is being completed over several days, so not all information will be 100% accurate.*****

[Image: 8CudXTT.png]

Our first feature recreate is a new one, going with just his second player since joining the league towards the very beginning of COVID. Zomp's previous player, Ethan Price (S53), played for the New England Wolfpack for the entirely of his career, AND reached a peak TPE total of 1,758.. not too far off from joining the elite 2K Club. I don't really know much about this player / person, seeing as they joined after my recent hiatus, but just browsing around the forums they seem to be relatively well liked and that's a huge part of success from a GM'ing stand-point; likeability. Between some of the other recreates and potential standouts from the first-gen class, Zomp will likely fall somewhere in the 2nd round.

[Image: Rjptc1Z.png]

Second up on the list is a potential first overall selection. While only on their second player as well, the roots are way deeper than Ethan Price. Acsolap's first player, Rex Kirkby (S43), recently retired as one of the longest tenured players in the league and flew right into the 2K Club... and likely the Hall of Fame here shortly. Acsolap has also served in some major office roles within the forums, serving as Anchorage GM in the SMJHL and currently Philadelphia's GM in the SHL. While their destiny in the SHL is already known, one can only imagine Kirkby will be taken off the board within the first couple of picks.

[Image: PeG9mEP.png]

Coming back from a 4 YEAR BREAK at number three is one of the longest tenured members in SHL's history. Just a few short months from earning the incredibly rare 10-year badge, BANACKOCK makes his return right at the holidays. Having gone through a large amount of players during his stint, he found his stride in S17 with Magnus Jakobsen and stuck with the elite forward for 13 seasons, eventually earning the Hall of Fame distinction, along with League MVP. Will BANACKOCK stick around again and create yet another top-tier forward? Was 4 years a long enough break to reignite the flame? Or will Mikael Jakobsen fade slowly into the sunset as an SMJHL 4th liner? While he's an obvious 1st overall in VHL, you can expect SMJHL GM's to be a little hesitant here.. possibly falling to the 3rd or even 4th round.

[Image: 6xOk4Hk.png]

Next up we have the absolute best member and player the forum can ever ask for, an OBVIOUS choice for top selection.... just kidding. I'm not going to sit here and talk about myself since that's... well, awkward. Just took about a two-year break due to having a baby, wasn't planning on returning but found some extra time laying around and figured why the hell not. I've held some management positions on the forums, won't be doing that again, and have a pretty huge bankroll from back in the day. Take from that what you will... who's going to draft me? No idea, but if the Montreal Impact still existed I'd bet they would.

[Image: Yr1wS5D.png]

Moving right along, we have another long-time member returning from quite a bit of time away and hoping to make yet another large footprint on the site. Dangles joined right around the same time as myself and was part of the legendary S25 Class, eventually moving into several important roles including SMJHL GM and becoming a member of the Head Office assisting in the management of the entire community. Like stated before, his absence has been around a year, maybe a little more. His last player, Liam O'Callaghan (S39), capped out at 1,558 TPE... will he surpass that? Despite coming off a break from the league, you can probably expect the seasoned member to go in the first round with relative ease.

[Image: SmBDXhl.png]

Our first goalie of the draft! Esso is one of the 'newer' recreates in this draft, sitting among many of the gristled veterans of the forums. His last player was extremely short lived (Viktor Zukal, S59), and his player before that was fairly short lived as well (Simothy Drunkebird, S52). A pretty obvious recurring theme here is a lengthy line of tiny careers. Despite that, he's a rather steady presence on the forums, with his last hiatus being between August and December of 2020... just 4 months. Either way, the short careers will definitely deter SHL GM's and potentially SMJHL ones... although, shorter stints don't pack nearly the same devastating punch in juniors. You can expect him to fall anywhere between the 2nd and 3rd round.

[Image: zmPW3gd.png]

Right around the halfway point through our list of recreates this draft, we stumble across a strange combination here; a long-tenured member with very little activity on the forums. With less than 500 posts in 5+ years on the forums, mcgriddle is definitely in a strange class of their own. Just over 4 months ago, they posted they need a break from the league (https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=118712) and is now creating a defender to help spark themselves back into it again. Was it a long enough break for the off-again / on-again member, or will Ben Dur join the ranks of former players such as Eero Makinen Jr (S56), Miikka Salo (S47), Eero Makinen (S43), and Jack Bubbles (S33)? Expect GM's to be wary here; his name is likely to be on the board well into the 3rd round.

[Image: L5D4xcF.png]

Here we have the absolute 'newest' recreate of the bunch, joining the forums less than one calendar year ago back at the end of January. His first player was a goaltender, Bloody Oath (S59) and it's almost understandable why someone would go MIA with a tendy as their first player; definitely not getting a lot of action as a rookie. Anywho, he managed to surpass the 400TPE mark before essentially giving up on his first-gen. He's returned swinging though, currently hitting the last 5 activity checks while waiting for the draft. At first glance he's likely to slip to further rounds, but absolutely has steal potential if he sticks with his skater this time around.

[Image: HVGpKpA.png]

Another 'newer' recreate but way more active, Snussu is returning from a very short-lived hiatus as well... very similar to a couple of names above. However, this one only lasted a couple of months vs years. While his first player (Dank Boija, S43) was successful and survived for several seasons, his most recent attempt (Tinke Jutila, S54) fell victim to a much shorter lifespan. Either way, despite being gone for several months Snussu has managed to remain one of the more active 'come-and-go' recreates this draft. Like stated above, there's definitely steal potential here. His failed player was Defense, whereas his first & more successful player was a winger... similar to this one. If I had to guess, Snussu is likely gone in the late 2nd round due to how active he is when he IS around.

[Image: LMzjvjb.png]

Our next prospect is a unique case for a number of reasons. Their most recent player (Rikki Petrov, S56) has a tremendously short career, despite AW13's FIRST player was Johannes Leitner (S45). Not just your average goaltender, but a Hall of Fame one at that. Trying to get your feet on the ground here as a first-gen isn't easy, and it's even harder as a goalie. Having blown his first player out of the water, and seemingly fell off the planet with his second, it'll be interesting to see where exactly Gundogan (a Goaltender in his own right) will land in the draft. There's no guessing to be done here, he could fall anywhere.

[Image: OXQUvT0.png]

A surprising return to one of the league's biggest members from a couple of years ago. After about one year away, Nobody makes his triumphant return with yet another defender. Having held almost every important position in our community, Nobody would be an excellent member to pretty much every LR with his extensive knowledge of the forums and being able to mentor some of the younger users. He doesn't arrive broke either, with over $60M remaining in his bank account, he remains one of the richest members of this recreate draft class.

[Image: fbxc8iK.png]

Only three more prospects to go, are you ready? Our third to last player is yet another defender, with possibly the most misleading name of all time. As one of the more active voices in the draft Bromanov brings a heavy presence along with his new player and could be very useful for a team looking for a loud voice to fill the LR. Also being involved with a small part of HO, he could provide a guiding light for some of the junior and first-gen players around the forums. He may very well end up a first-round choice, if not a very early 2nd rounder.

[Image: Ca61uYA.png]

Another big-time player vying for the first overall selection lands next-to-last on our list of recreates. Wally slides in at the last minute, making a winger in a draft that seems to lack a ton of offensive production. Currently GM of Toronto in the SHL, Wally leaves nothing to be questioned in terms of his activity and ability to build a sound player within the league. Pending anything crazy between now and Friday, it will come to nobody's surprise that he'll see his name rattled off early on in the S63 SMJHL Draft.

[Image: 60k5QJi.png]

Speaking of absolutely huge members of the community, we wrap up our series with a bang and potentially the first overall selection. Coming off an awesome first-gen career with Guy Zheng (S46), goldenglutes looks to make another impact defender with Binko Koivu. While his SHL destination is already chosen, with him being Atlanta's GM, junior teams are likely salivating at the prospect of adding someone like him to their LR. And while we were talking about bankroll with our previous prospects, goldenglutes takes the top spot surpassing an incredible $100M mark, all while being a highly active member. Don't be shocked if his name is first off the board.

@goldenglutes , @Wally , @PremierBromanov , @Nobody , @AW13 , @Snussu , @dasboot , @mcgriddleluver , @Esso2264 , @Dangles13 , @BANACKOCK , @Acsolap , @Zomp

Code:
Words: 2,176 + 13 custom graphics

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

DAMN! If I fall to the 3rd or 4th round I'm really gonna do everything in my power to ensure those who skipped out on me regret it Tongue

oh this is sick

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

IM NOT THAT LOUD

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

also my job is also Tampa Bay GM and IIHF Fantasy Pay Forgetter

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Damn it just a few hours too late with my new player Confused

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

01-04-2022, 06:29 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: also my job is also Tampa Bay GM and IIHF Fantasy Pay Forgetter

but BACKUP GOALTENDER is your Primary title.

By the way... Great read! @NJBadApple

[Image: Wally.png]

Welcome back everyone!

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Didn’t go MIA with my last player but cheers

[Image: Sugars2.png]

01-04-2022, 08:57 PMdasboot Wrote: Didn’t go MIA with my last player but cheers

Hey

01-04-2022, 08:57 PMdasboot Wrote: Didn’t go MIA with my last player but cheers

Ah, well my bad. Lots of research had to be done, sorry messed this one up.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

01-04-2022, 06:05 PMBANACKOCK Wrote: DAMN! If I fall to the 3rd or 4th round I'm really gonna do everything in my power to ensure those who skipped out on me regret it  Tongue

This is grossly overestimating the number of prospects in this class there isn't even 4 rounds worth yet lmao

[Image: lespoils.gif]

01-04-2022, 10:21 PMlespoils Wrote:
01-04-2022, 06:05 PMBANACKOCK Wrote: DAMN! If I fall to the 3rd or 4th round I'm really gonna do everything in my power to ensure those who skipped out on me regret it  Tongue

This is grossly overestimating the number of prospects in this class there isn't even 4 rounds worth yet lmao

Will still somehow go there… :( haha!

Slightly disappointed that I didn't get that *Most among recreates  against the jobs category Smile

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

Great article!

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]