Create Account

S63 PT #1: Tie the Knot

Prompt 2:

I think the most tense I feel is during a tie game.  Late in the game, when your team has several chances to score and just can not seem to do it is such a heart breaker.  You feel like your team is so close to winning but they just can’t seem to capitalize when it matters.  When you are losing by one goal and you battle and end up losing, you know that at least you were going to lose anyway.  With a tie, you’re right there.  All you need is one more goal and you get to go home with two points.  Ending the game in a tie just feels wrong.  It’s like kissing your sister.  Yeah you got some action, but did you really want it?  Fuck nah that’s gross.  But an easy way to avoid the feeling of stress or tension during a potential tie or loss is to simply win.  Just score more than the other team and you will be fine.  You don’t even need a lot of goals as a surplus, you really only need one more goal than the other team and you’re good.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

Oh, this is nerve-wracking one way or another. I think the least tense is if you're tied. Sure, you want to pressure and get the go-ahead goal, but at the same time you're content with making the safe play and just making sure it doesn't end up in your net. Next, I think being up by a goal is the next most tense. I think this is when you really get to see what you're made of as a contending team. Sure, you have the firepower to go up, but can you hold on? Can you not be the Leafs? That's a tough one. Lastly, I think being down a goal is the most tense. You need to pressure and get the tying goal before time runs out, but you also don't want to be the one making the dumb ambitious play and coughing it up, leading to the other team potting another one. Going down by 2 can totally deflate your team, especially late in the game. Its tough to toe that line, making this the toughest scenario.

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

Code:
Graphic Task: Depict the two very important players at the center of the wedding and 2 guest players, and label them. Include some kind of wedding activity (idk use your imagination).

[Image: IMG_0335.jpg]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Prompt 2:

This is a tough one. I would say tie game. The minutes wind down, every pass, shot, hit all make the hairs on your arms stand up. There are so many ooo's and aaaa's in the remaining minutes. Then you close in on the end of the third, everyone is standing. If nether team has scored you get even more action in the three on three over time. There is so much speed and odd man rushes in the 3on3, you really are on a rollercoaster of emotions. Well if that wasn't enough excitement and stress for you, next is the shootout.  One on one, player verses goalie, mano y mano, winner takes all! There really isn't anything more stressful than watching you team's goalie have to match up against the other teams best scorer, and on stream its even worse because you can see players movement so there is just the longest few seconds ever waiting on the announcement on save or goal. There really isn't anything more stressful than the end of a tied game.

(187 words)

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium

PROMPT 2

As a player, it's always interesting to watch close games, but tense - game where you are down by 1. Our new (kinda new) simtool is very weird. Sometimes one period can last few seconds and sometimes it will take around 10 minutes from your life. So, it's always intense to watch third period if you are down by one. My experience tells that there isn't really big hopes to comeback from that one or two goal deficit late in the third, because it just passes by, but sometimes you get lucky. I would say that close games are always intense - no matter if you are down, up or game is tied. I just think that being down by one is a bit more intense, because your aren't guaranteed to take a point. You have to comeback and then you can think about winning. Being up by one is usually cool cause you know if you lose a goal - you will still be able to get a point or even get a victory. But if you're down by one or game is tied - chances aren't that good anymore.

187 words

Stars Stars Stars

ISFL PT

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Prompt 1:

Planning the royal wedding of Rebecca Montagne and Teylora Petrov is a lot of work, both players have very specific demands about the wedding and we are quite sure the demands do not really match. About the wedding guests the two agreed on easily, just our teammates would be enough, we do not need the entire SHL snooping in. Unfortunately Petrov also accidentily invited the entire Taylor Swift SHL fanclub, so next to the Aurora we had players from the entire league appearing, which you can imagine, left Montagne really pissed as she rather kept it small.

Music wise, it was Montagne's call and she arranged some nice bands to perform. But when the curtains went away and the band was supposed to be playing, it was again Taylor Swift appearing there, which isn't remotely close to what Montagne ordered. Turns out Petrov had given Montagne a fake number of the wedding planner, so she could decide the music.

The divorce papers already were signed the first day, as mutual trust was far to find.

@Bayley

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Prompt #2

As a player there are many different scenarios to be in whether you're on the ice or on the bench. When your team is up by one goal, you have the edge on the other team. If it's late in the game you can play safely and defensively to keep your team up by one or to maybe grab the security goal or the empty netter to secure the win. During a tie game you have both teams doing everything they can to win which leads to both teams putting in their greatest effort. So long as you stay out of the penalty box you can give everything you've got and hopefully be the first team to get the best opportunity to score and get that goal whether it's in the dying seconds to prevent a team from getting a point or a big victory in overtime. My least favorite position to be in would be being the team that's down by one. Early in the game it's not a big deal. You can stay positive and get plenty of chances to tie the game or take the lead, but if it's late in the third period and things aren't going your way it's absolutely excruciating to see your team struggle, pucks go the wrong way and end up with a loss if you don't get that game tying goal before the clock hits zero. But in saying that, it's also the most rewarding if you're able to rally back from being behind, to get that goal that forces OT and then score the game winning goal and have a team celebration on the ice.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Prompt 1:

We're here today for the marriage of @JKortesi81 (Xavier Doom) and @TheDangaZone (Keith Lee) who finally tie the knot after years of a truly passionate intense relationship. Their bond is deeper than the ocean and their desire for each other is stronger than Esa's desire for a chicken parm and a nap. It's great to see these two love birds finally make it official, I'm  filled with emotion and tomato sauce. The great Esa Anrikkanen will be in attendance as well as Dragons greats like Hunter Wong, Mike Izzy, Randy Randleman, Nicholas Pedersen, Michael Boychuk, Otis B Driftwood, etc. The wedding was a great time, but Izzy tried to check one of Joe K's bridesmaids and dislocated her shoulder, she was still able to participate in the wedding with her arm in a sling. Otis B Driftwood got hammered and tried to proclaim his love for Joe K but then Bonk crashed the wedding professing his love for Slappy and it became a double wedding. TDZ's side piece @BadWolf was in attendance and despite their well known relationship she did not cause a disturbance and allowed Joe and TDZ to officially become life partners. It was truly a great time and I'm happy for everyone involved.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Prompt 1

There have already been some PTs talking about the royal wedding between @James Truong and me, but everyone is so quick to forget that I've also got a royal wedding planned with @Evok , @Matteo , and @mer too. The wedding can only happen with all five of us present or not at all! If somehow the stars do align and the grand wedding occurs, we will ensure it will be the second most grand wedding of all time. We all respect Gunnurt and don't want to upstage their previously held event. There will be tons of fancy wedding things that I am totally aware of because I am a wedding expert and know all of the best things to include at a wedding. Absolutely everyone is invited! All you have to do is figure out where and when it's being held and you are free to join. There are guaranteed to be no wedding crashers because Evok got the codenames clue for wedding crashers right and have therefore earned a lifetime protection from any potential crashers. The lack of crashers is the only thing I can guarantee will be better than Gunnurt's wedding.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

WSBL Affiliate

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

Everyone was surprised when the league's biggest flirt @James Truong was ready to tie the knot. The surprising part was that he was getting married to the entire Edmonton Blizzard locker room. The logistics of the event were a challenge, with the "I do" part of the wedding taking over two hours. It didn't matter though, everyone was happy to be there and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. Finally we got to the end of the line and we were about to sign the paperwork, making this legal union...well, legal. Suddenly the chapel doors burst open and there was a lone figure with a maroon sweater on. "James! Pack your bags, we're going to Montreal!" James ran away from the altar faster than anyone's ever seen, leaving Edmonton in a state of confusion and hurt. From that day forward, James Truong has been labeled "James the Enemy Trash" all over Edmonton.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

I'm gunna be lame and select prompt #2. Whether up by one, down by one or tied it's always a bit nerve wracking in the dying minutes of the game. That being said I think the most tense would have to be down by 1. Especially when under the circumstance that you shouldn't be down at all haha. When you're up by one there's obviously a bit of nerves of "what if" they score, but worst scenario it leads to a tie. When it's tied you obviously don't want to cough up the lead, but if you can get the game to overtime you can at least snag one of those loser pity points. When you're down by one you're in the hot seat. The magnifying glass is on your every move. You need to come up clutch to tie the game, let alone give your team a chance to win.

Side note: If chel has taught me anything, 2 goals is the worst lead in hockey. So maybe up by 2 is the worst (most tense) place to be? Something to think about.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

SHL weddings are a thing of beauty. Imagine two completely different people (or animals) from various parts of the world, who hit each other on the ice regularly, coming together in a ceremony of love. The royal wedding of Pasta the Turtle and Monsieur Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba, Esq. has been set and all the human and animals alike will be in attendance. The love between Pingy and Pasta knows know bounds and it will be the biggest wedding in the animal kingdom and SHL alike. The location would be off the coast of Maine during a mild summer day as it needs to be cold enough for Pingy while still being warm enough for Pasta. Nobody really understands Pingy so while it is a beautiful wedding Pingy's vows were...odd. At the end of the day though they are wed and the guests are drinking and enjoying the wedding at the beach. There is also rumors of who the next SHL couple could be. Some say they saw....to be continued.

Code:
170 Words

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]