Create Account

5 REASONS WHY A NEW PLAYER SHOULD PLAY FOR CALGARY DRAGONS

Hard to describe what type of media this exactly is. A recruitment media to join Calgary Dragons? Or just a media about what benefits does playing for Dragons offers? It's based on how you look at it, but this time I will tell about reasons why it's amazing to play for one of the most legendary franchises in SHL - Calgary Dragons. Everything's subjective here and written just to get SHL balance.

Dragons Dragons Dragons 

Activity of locker room
If you are a new member or just a user who loves to communicate a lot, talk with other users and invest time in this league - this is a place for you. Calgary Dragons has very active locker room - starting with forum and ending with Discord. We have daily questions, interesting conversations and even different games going on between or players. It's definitely interesting here for people who love to be between interesting people.

Probably friendliest team out here
I think it's pretty obvious that Dragons might be the friendliest team in this league. And how can you not be if your GM is the best GM possible, right? Izzy! It all starts with Izzy and you should know that he doesn't pick any unfriendly players. So, it's 100% that you will end up around helpful and friendly players. You have to understand that this friendiness helps to get your player better aswell. Everyone is here to help and if you are a new player - everyone will try their best to help you get all possible TPE etc.

Good ice time if you are hard working player
It's obvious that Calgary Dragons are much better than couple seasons ago. Dragons has a decent roster now and they might fight for a championship. However, you still can get on a roster and get a decent playing time if you are hard working player. Each player gets a chance here if you are working hard and you are helping others. I joined here with over 1800 TPE and I was instantly a first line defender, but every has an opportunity here if you are investing time to be better!

Contenders?
It's all subjective, but my opinion is clear - Calgary Dragons are contenders and might surprise this league by winning a cup. It might not happen this season, but there are some chances. Next seasons are looking good for them aswell. This team is strong and doing well. We have smart GM's and good players. Definitely a contender in my opinion! We already had a decent last season. We ended up being a bit short in Play-Offs, but you have to learn from mistakes. S63 will be much better and next seasons even more and more better!

Legendary franchise
Yes, yes, yes. Everybody knows that already, but Calgary Dragons might be the most legendary franchise in SHL. It has amazing history, has always been the same since the beginning. They can compete in every single aspect with any other team out here. They are definitely a legendary franchise. My first player was drafted by Calgary Dragons back in S28 or S29 (I think) and I was already happy to play for them then. Now I'm happy to be back here!

I wanted to clarify that this media isn't to make any other team looking worse. Just wanted to show how it's looking in Calgary Dragons side. I've played for other teams and I can say that other teams isn't really worse. Calgary Dragons is just my team I play for now and I'm clearly happy with it. Hopefully, will be able to continue playing for them even when my contract ends.

603 words

Stars Stars Stars

Dragonite

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Your amazing dude.. I can’t tell you how lucky we are to have you with us

Dragons  Heart  Dragons

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

The Dragons are a model franchise.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

Dragonite

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

01-18-2022, 02:58 PMDarkCanuck29 Wrote: The Dragons are a model franchise.

[Image: QPz1hjm.gif]

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Darwin Koff is the friendliest of them all

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Dragons

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

01-18-2022, 03:12 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Darwin Koff is the friendliest of them all
We don’t associate with them.

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

01-18-2022, 03:12 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Darwin Koff is the friendliest of them all

They condone his behaviour

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

Accurate. Calgary is a very old school team and frankly if I was on a team with a newer mentality I'd probably go inactive.

01-18-2022, 04:01 PMValorX77 Wrote:
We don’t associate with them.
That’s not very friendly of you, but you also weren’t drafted by Izzy… I’ll let it slide this time.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

I tried, but they didn't draft me

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Great to see this and how much you've enjoyed Calgary since coming here, you've been awesome and we are happy to have you!

Dragonite
Cheers

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Good to hear your rib removal surgery was a success @st4rface!

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]