Create Account

An Apology

Corn

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

01-22-2022, 11:30 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: Talls, the reason people are mad at you is that you tried to explain why you did something that warranted an apology within the apology. That comes off as trying to justify your actions, which is contradictory to the apology you're trying to give. Even if that's not your intent.

All they want to hear is admission of guilt, understanding of wrongdoing, reassurance of regret, and how you're going to avoid doing it in the future. No one really wants to hear why you did it.

This sums up the SHL society. Well done.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

01-23-2022, 03:00 AMMerica Wrote:
01-22-2022, 11:30 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: Talls, the reason people are mad at you is that you tried to explain why you did something that warranted an apology within the apology. That comes off as trying to justify your actions, which is contradictory to the apology you're trying to give. Even if that's not your intent.

All they want to hear is admission of guilt, understanding of wrongdoing, reassurance of regret, and how you're going to avoid doing it in the future. No one really wants to hear why you did it.

Talk is cheap. What really matters is a commitment to action, free of any attempts to justify or downplay the harm done.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

This pretty much just boils down to two things.

Apologies are cool and all, this one is weird since it's more justification and not really talking specifically about acknowledging gaps in knowledge that led to mistakes, but it all doesn't matter until a pattern of behaviour exists that demonstrates growth.

The people doing the whole "copypastas are the lowest form of comedy" deal are just proving that copypastas are the lowest form of comedy.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

e

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

01-23-2022, 03:00 AMMerica Wrote:

its true of any apology. It only serves to protect the apology giver, which again is contradictory to the priority of an apology: the person wronged.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Lol what

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

As a japanese american this whole thread was an excellent morning read. 
Dude  mistakenly assumed an offensive caricature. He apologized. Get over yourselves. Hot damn.

[Image: Wing_Wang_Wurmple.png]

This pretty much just boils down to two things.

Apologies are cool and all, this one is weird since it's more justification and not really talking specifically about acknowledging gaps in knowledge that led to mistakes, but it all doesn't matter until a pattern of behaviour exists that demonstrates growth.

The people doing the whole "copypastas are the lowest form of comedy" deal are just proving that copypastas are the lowest form of comedy.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

copypastas are the lowest form of comedy

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

01-23-2022, 01:56 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: This pretty much just boils down to two things.

What the fuck did you just fucking copypasta to me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the SHL draft, and I've been involved in numerous simulated hockey games, and I have over 300 confirmed goals. I am trained in spotting copypastas and I'm the top shit post detector in the entire simulation hockey league. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with copypastaing that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking banned, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can ban you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in internet conflict, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the simulation hockey league's suspension abilities and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the website, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" copypasta was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking banned, kiddo.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

01-23-2022, 02:25 PMRagnar Wrote:
01-23-2022, 01:56 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: This pretty much just boils down to two things.

What the fuck did you just fucking copypasta to me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the SHL draft, and I've been involved in numerous simulated hockey games, and I have over 300 confirmed goals. I am trained in spotting copypastas and I'm the top shit post detector in the entire simulation hockey league. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with copypastaing that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking banned, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can ban you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in internet conflict, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the simulation hockey league's suspension abilities and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the website, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" copypasta was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking banned, kiddo.

Bro, I’ve been on this site for six years. I’ve served in the HO. I’ve served on various committees. I’ve created over two hundred hours of podcasts for the site and written a ton of articles for the teams I’ve been on. I have contributed my fair share. I don’t need your patronizing, condescending ass to lecture me and tell me how thankful I should be. I will continue to feel free to react to league announcements however I see fit. You can feel free to keep yammering away at how I should be on my knees thanking the lord I get to enjoy the bountiful harvest of the SHL. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else on here. I owe nothing but whatever time I feel like contributing, which is increasingly less and less.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Pasta comedy

01-23-2022, 02:41 PMMerica Wrote:
01-23-2022, 02:25 PMRagnar Wrote: What the fuck did you just fucking copypasta to me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the SHL draft, and I've been involved in numerous simulated hockey games, and I have over 300 confirmed goals. I am trained in spotting copypastas and I'm the top shit post detector in the entire simulation hockey league. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with copypastaing that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking banned, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can ban you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in internet conflict, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the simulation hockey league's suspension abilities and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the website, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" copypasta was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking banned, kiddo.

Bro, I’ve been on this site for six years. I’ve served in the HO. I’ve served on various committees. I’ve created over two hundred hours of podcasts for the site and written a ton of articles for the teams I’ve been on. I have contributed my fair share. I don’t need your patronizing, condescending ass to lecture me and tell me how thankful I should be. I will continue to feel free to react to league announcements however I see fit. You can feel free to keep yammering away at how I should be on my knees thanking the lord I get to enjoy the bountiful harvest of the SHL. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else on here. I owe nothing but whatever time I feel like contributing, which is increasingly less and less.

That’s it, I’m done. Fuck this chat. It’s devolved into a mass of stupid copy pastes and face spam. The quality of discord chat has been declining for a while, but this is the last straw. That’s it. I’m done. I’m uninstalling the internet, chopping off my dick and moving to fucking Antarctica, at least the bacteria there will be fucking smarter discourse.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤