Create Account

Darzinsh talks about past and future

[Image: artworks-kJ9706DQJu5yVgGo-f4Hqjw-t500x500.jpg]

Many of you know nothing about this player, others know only a little. But there are also those who know him and can say good words about him. But not this story this time. The story and its purpose this time is about the accomplishments of this player so far, and about future plans for hockey. His ways are inscrutable, so he will reveal the details and details of his career.
Everything has started living in Latvia, in the city of Liepāja, where he was born and bred. At the same time, many of the coaches spotted the talent in him and tried to get a peak from him. It wasn't easy, though, because he was a teenager, he wasn't aware that hockey could change his life and become an integral part of it. In his junior days he was a leader, captain. Then one day he heard about the possibility of going across the ocean and playing on a professional level. So did he get into the youth league we all know as SMJHL. The start was not easy, but the way forward has been quite successful. This, I think, has been a thorough introduction, and perhaps some of you have already given up hope for something in the following article, so let us begin the lessons of the hockey player himself.

Getting into SMJHL and first steps in this league
“Well, then, starting in detail, I want to say that this was a great step in my career as a hockey player, and in my life, and I haven't regretted it for a moment. The beginning was disturbing, the flight itself was interesting because I had never flown an airplane in my life. When I got the first call about joining one of the teams without thinking, I agreed. It was the St. Louis team. I didn't know much about this team, but since I was going to play hockey, I didn't have time to evaluate every detail. Looking at it all now, I can say I made the right choice. Everyone accepted me, the locker room was brilliant. Everyone had questions about how it is to be a latvian, what our traditions are. The team's interior was brilliant for a young, inexperienced player. I would therefore like to say a great thank you to the management of the team in time for giving me the opportunity to play here. The hardest thing was that I joined the team for the second half of the season, I found it difficult to get along with the players from the beginning of the season. My best experience was that it was this season that the team was able to fight back to the finals, where it was to acknowledge the supremacy of the opponents. But after the season, there was a moment I had certainly imagined as one of the greatest events in my life, and so was it. It was SHL draft. I didn't have much hope for a high choice of draft, because no one really knew me. So I came to Hamilton as a result of the draft. I haven't spent any games on this team until now."
Future SMJHL Career & Trades
“'The next few seasons were already simpler in this league. I was accustomed to the style of the game, and slowly my strengths began to emerge. I've always known myself that I have a good talent at shooting. It has the strength and precision that only needed to be unleashed. I gradually became more confident and able to become one of the team's leaders. In my second season, I was appointed to the captain's assistant, which was a great honour for me. The team's success was not so huge anymore, but I'm glad I could be part of it. But the most surprising news came to me that I had been traded. The Hamilton team had carried out a swap deal and as a result I had reached out to the New England team. I had to go to the new place and get a little acquainted with the team. It was a pleasure to see familiar faces from my first season in St. Louis. I'm beginning to get used to the idea that it will stay, and this will be a team where I'm going to be debited at an adult level. I continued with my heart and soul to give up to the St. Louis team, try to make a maximum effort to make the team a good success. Then another surprising message came to me again. The New England team, for the purposes of reinforcing its composition, conducted a swap deal with San Francisco's team. It didn't raise positive feelings in me. I've been thinking for a while that I'll never be needed by any team. I'd even say San Francisco's team was a loser in this deal, because in the end I didn't want to sign a new contract with them to continue my career there. The choice wasn't based on some antipathy toward team management, but at that time I was more snagged by other teams because there were problems with the results on that team because it was in the process of rebuilding. It's hard to even imagine how my career would expand if I stayed with them. It would certainly not be worse, but I would like to thank them very much for showing an interest in me.’’

Expansion draft and first steps in SHL
“'As the team knew about my intentions not to extend the contract, it was during that season that SHL was expanding. Two teams joined the league — Seattle Argonauts and Atlanta Inferno. Both teams showed interest and, personally, I didn't care which one of them chose me. All I knew was that they were fresh teams that would give me a good start in the big league. I was also pleased with the outcome, because it was the Seattle team that chose me relatively high. It all coincided that, after draft, I already had a chance to play on this team. The beginning was odd, but wouldn't say tough. The team was selected from different players from all teams, which certainly created an embarrassment because we all had to meet from start again. The first season, the first memories, I can describe it differently, but overall I liked it. Even because I was worse than others. It gave me the motivation to continue at all, because the team was really good. So that time has run as if it were the wings of the wind.’’
Best season so far
“'All seasons have been perfect so far. But one can be highlighted specifically. The team coach has always trusted me, but this season I felt the most confidence. It was also my record season. Achieved the best-scoring season in my career so far. I suppose there may be no more seasons like this, but I will never get my nose on it, because it will be all over when I decide to end my career. In the season as a whole I could score 79 points, 41 of them were a goals, which is also still a team record, for which I am delighted. I remember the beginning of the season wasn't good, I even thought it would be a regular season in which I couldn't get anything to the end. But the result came. I really have great pleasure in such achievements, and it is only a long-cherished goal that remains to be achieved, but I will certainly tell you on the way."

Career in national team
“'The national team is always at heart, it's a pleasure to represent my country and play at the highest level along with other leaders. In Junior's days I had to play in the UCORCAL team, and I was very fond of the team, and I was the leader of the team, which surprised me because other young and prospective talents were playing with me. In general, the best striker's award and the tournament's MVP award also came together at this time. Most enjoyable to me was getting medals, of those times I have three medals, two for a winning title and one for 3rd place. We were a good young generation. Now, unfortunately, I haven't come to follow the team's young players, but I believe they're no worse than our generation. Meanwhile, in the big team I had to debite faster than others. The team haven’t good forwards that time, and the coach had seen the potential in me. It was a pleasant surprise to me. In general, personally, it has been a good game for Team Latvia, but the results of the team have not been encouraging. I hope we can still fight for medals during my career. Even if it fails, I also see that youth is growing quite convincing and will be able to take the team away from big events in the future."

About future
“Oh, the future. We don't really know anything about it, we don't know what to do in the near or distant future, because there is a chance that one day our lives turn 180 degrees. But no one has banned dreaming. Dreaming about the future is beautiful. But I'm quite skeptical of dreams myself, I'm a realist. My future certainly includes the title of the SHL. I'd like to say I'll play as long as I fight it, but then I'd lie. It may happen this season, but it may also drag on for quite a while. It's my dream, to win a title. It's hard to talk about your own career. Before this season, when I signed the new contract, I signed it with the idea that I would conclude my career by the end of it, but at the moment, being part of a team between such talented players is a huge desire to continue. I can say that if no one changes my mind and the team coach wants to see me again after the next season, I'm sure I'll continue my career. Wants to stay in the history of the team to remember me. But if the young players start to prevail, I will certainly let them do it, because youth is our future. Let's live today and think about the future when we need it most."

As far as we could tell from the player, his dream has not yet been dreamed of. But it is impossible to order career circles. We can only wish the hockey player a healthy and endurance. But now a little chronology with a player's achievements during his career so far.

Scarecrows Argonauts Latvia 
Contracts:
S52: 1 year ($3 000 000) contract with St. Louis Scarecrows
S53: 1 year ($4 000 000) contract with Hamilton Steelhawks
S54: 1 year ($3 500 000) contract with Hamilton Steelhawks
S55: 1 year ($3 500 000) contract with New England Wolfpack
S56: 3 year ($13 500 000) contract with Seattle Argonauts (S56: 5mil, S57: 4.5mil, S58: 4mil)
S59: 3 year ($12 000 000) contract with Seattle Argonauts (S59: 4mil, S60: 4mil, S61: 4mil)
S62: 1 year ($7 000 000) contract with Seattle Argonauts
S63: 2 year ($12 000 000) contract with Seattle Argonauts (S63: 6mil, S64: 6mil)
Awards, achievements
S52 SMJHL finalist with Scarecrows
S52 WJC Gold medalist with UCORCAL
S53 WJC Bronze medalist with UCORCAL
S54 WJC ‘’DeMaricus Smyth award’’ for the top forward
S55 WJC Gold medalist with UCORCAL
S55 WJC ‘’Brady McIntyre Award’’ for the MVP of WJC
S61 All-star second team
S61 SHL Aidan Richan Trophy Winner (Most Improved)
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2022, 09:11 AM by Henrik.)

Great read, great player. Sad you didn't want to stay along for the ride in SFP but I completely understand and respect the decision to want to look at other opportunities considering the brutal rebuild that we had just started. Especially since we were an unproven GM duo. I very much appreciated you being honest about it at the time.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

I still remember you and what a great guy you are. I'm glad we got you in St. Louis and that you've found such a good fit in Seattle. Thanks for the read and the update!

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

02-10-2022, 09:10 AMThatguy91 Wrote: Great read, great player. Sad you didn't want to stay along for the ride in SFP but I completely understand and respect the decision to want to look at other opportunities considering the brutal rebuild that we had just started. Especially since we were an unproven GM duo. I very much appreciated you being honest about it at the time.

I just felt that I need to give you some apologises from me. Shy

02-10-2022, 06:00 PMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote: I still remember you and what a great guy you are. I'm glad we got you in St. Louis and that you've found such a good fit in Seattle. Thanks for the read and the update!

Time in St. Louis was fantastic. And yeah, I'm glad that I found a team where I want to stay till the end of career.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2022, 07:28 AM by Urq660.)

What a guy  Argonauts Argonauts Argonauts

#bestboatgang

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

02-11-2022, 07:07 AMlilstifler Wrote:
02-10-2022, 09:10 AMThatguy91 Wrote: Great read, great player. Sad you didn't want to stay along for the ride in SFP but I completely understand and respect the decision to want to look at other opportunities considering the brutal rebuild that we had just started. Especially since we were an unproven GM duo. I very much appreciated you being honest about it at the time.

I just felt that I need to give you some apologises from me. Shy

No apology needed! Rebuild are not for everyone and I completely understand that you wanted to try your luck somewhere else. You telling me that made my life a lot easier, I prefer people be clear about what they want.

And you've gone on to have a great career in Seattle so it all worked out!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Darzins is a living legend in Seattle. It's been awesome having you on board since day one! Argonauts

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]