Create Account

S63 PT #4: Into the SHLverse

ISFL affiliate

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

Well first off, RESO would initiate communications in Japanese and I would have a field of a time trying to realise what he's saying before he takes note and switches over to English. Afterwards, and after some time of us trying to get used to communicating with how gunshy I can be, we would be talking about D&D classes, characters and campaigns. I know that I am a lover of Tieflings, Warlocks and Monks, and whilst we could certainly vibe over being Monk boys, he would likely be a man for the Barbarians, Fighters and would not care for any race as long as they work for his character creation. And then there is the whole manga aspect. I am a sports manga fan, but I do enjoy my actions mangas and webtoons, and I think we would share some common interest there, tho RESO would also like some introspective mangas, be it a slice of life or even a romance manga.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2022, 12:58 AM by Jumbobone19.)

PROMPT 2

If I created Lord Raiden at the trade deadline instead of 6 days before draft, I think things would have played out very different. 6 teams reached out with messages. But really only two teams showed real interest. Which is understandable because of the lack of time on site and exposure. Which is verified by being draft in the 6th round at pick 54. So if I had the max amount of time, I truly believe I probably would have ended up going much earlier in draft and possibly to a different team other than Colorado. I do think honestly that every team is a great landing spot. But I cant imagine being on any other team than Colorado. The course of Raiden could have led to be inactive or Jumbo never becoming a GM if I did not end up in Colorado. Lord Raiden probably wouldnt have become one of the best players from his S55 draft class, and a key role player on Baltimore Platoon. It is all kind of crazy to think about but my whole SHL career would be very different if I just created earlier.

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2022, 12:59 AM by Steelhead77.)

Written Task: There are still ways to change where you are now. Describe one point in time in your player's career and ponder how it would have gone differently if one key thing was changed. Examples include the draft, FA, being traded, creating in earlier/later seasons, etc. (150+ words).

Parmborg has had a great career and I'm happy with it. When thinking of how it would have gone differently if one thing had changed the only thing I can think of is I had come up earlier in my career instead of staying the max time in the SMJHL. Parmborg would have quite a few more career points and maybe would have another cup to his name. That said I enjoyed my time in Halifax/Maine and was happy to stay there and try and help them win a championship. Having a longer SHL career would put me higher in the all-time points lists, even though I haven't had a lot of greats seasons recently in fhm despite having high tpe. We just dont score as much as other teams, so the longer career Parmborg would be able to have the more points he'd have and as I said maybe he'd have gotten another cup or would have been able to help the team more. Oh also another thing I'd change is sticking with sths instead of switching to fhm early in his career. If we had sths he'd certainly have another couple championships to his name. As I said thought im content with my career as is, but you asked for a change so there it is. Longer career and no fhm.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

One major change for Jone would be at the draft. Following the S62 SHL draft there was some major upheaval about a certain first round pick the Winnipeg acquired in that draft and that the trade should not have gone through. This was the pick they used on Jones. Now some had joked about Jones being sent to Toronto as that was who the pick originally belonged to, but I think it worked out better with him staying in Winnipeg. Nothing against Tornto, just My time in Winnipeg so far has been great and I'm excited to get to the SHL and help the franchise when the new wave hits. It is funny to imagine Jaeger in a Toronto jersey though, what a change of pace that would have been for his career. Who knows how different it would be, would he get called up sooner? Would he have been traded? Would Tonronto have even wasted the pick on him?

Germany Elk Aurora [Image: vKrOFwy.png] [Image: VbtOVyg.png] Aurora Elk Germany

[Image: Thunder39.gif]

Prompt 2:
At the start of my jr career I was very close to being selected by the Carolina kraken instead of the Newfoundland berserkers. Sometimes I wonder what could have been different if I had been drafted Carolina instead. The biggest difference with that would definitely be that during the first season I would not have won the four star cup with the berserkers after beating the kraken in the semi finals In the s55 playoffs. Or maybe I underestimate the effect I had on the berserkers in my rookie season but the team was definitely pretty stacked so me as a rookie dman playing pretty sheltered and limited minutes would probably not have had a very big effect, although I was up for the rookie of the year award at the end of the season so that’s not too shabby. The kraken were also a powerhouse so I think I probably would have been in the same situation so who’s to know if I would have pushed the kraken to a win or not. I’m gonna say no cuz Berserkers too strong.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

P2- one point in my career where things could have differently is when I was selected by the forge in the expansion draft. At the time I was really coming into my own as a player and was really comfortable in tor. I’m very lucky to have a great a management’s team who’s put FN LN in every situation to succeed. I had a career year in my first season and then last season through regression FNLN has another career year… over a point per game. Every time I think FN LN is slowing down and I start thinking about retirement, I just go off and the career continues. Very grateful for my time in Philly and it it’s up to me, I’ll be here until I hang them up. Another huge point in my career was my trade to TOR from edm. At the time edm had a full roster and I wasn’t max earning so I wasn’t going to play, coming to tor I had 2C minutes and honestly fell in love with the league and finally max earned. That was a huge point too

[Image: gurbs.gif]

So If I came through an alternate dimension, I think it would be the dimension where I never became commissioner and just took a short break from the NSFL after the Er scandal. NSFL basically ruined my entire sim life lol, though that was of course partially my fault. But if I never took that job, I dont think I would be leaving as many leagues as I have, and wouldnt be trying to leave sim leagues. I think if I was comparing myself, it would be interesting because work made it a lot harder to do sim leagues, but i got my job right at the same time as I quit sim leagues for the most part. So realistically right now if I met alternate dimension me, I think I would be a semi-active person across a lot of leagues. I would hopefully be remembered fondly and people would like to hear from me, but probably be around a lot less and all of my players would be role players at best

[Image: Dwy-Sig_copy.gif]
[Image: DzzMoaP.png]

Task 1:
The version of me that comes through the portal is one that is working whenever I've been wasting time, and relaxing whenever I've been working. He's disheveled and unrested. I ask him about his SHL career. He tells me it has been relatively fruitful, but instead of investing his time into back reading thunder domes and learning to make signatures and goofy posts for money that i dont need, he learned the sim engine so that he could constructively help his team. He knows all of the roles, the ins and outs of the skill tree and attribute bonuses. His involvement in the locker room has been so in depth the past few seasons that it helped his team (the Steelhawks, the opposite of Edmonton) to an extra few challenge cups.

When considering if he could help me or if i could help him, I ask him about his family life and his side ventures that have slowly impacted my role in the league. The anti-cow tells me that he works harder at the league and at work by cutting out friends and family. I convince Okot Oiluj to stay in touch to make sure that we both stay on top of our respective interests.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Light Bas O'Bigbers and dark Bas O'Bigbers have several key dinstinguinshing factors. For one Light Bas drinks beer, specifically Guinness. Dark Bas only drinks white win. Total fucking degenerate. In addition to this Dark Bas shoots right handed while light Bas shoots left handed. Other more minor differences include that Light Bas is very good at pool and Dark Bas is terrible at pool. Dark Bas is however quite good at the banjo. Light Bas has too much ego and pride to ask dark Bas to join this universe and play hockey with him. More than likely Light Bas is sending Dark Bas back to the shadow realm where he belongs. And that's basically what separates the two. They aren't really big enemies or anything but rather just very different people. The kind of people who would not vibe whatsoever at a party and would not hang out ever. It's not sad. It is what it is.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

Apologies for the late response, had a long day and ended up working late in the evening and forgot.

Prompt 2

I think the biggest change in my career likely could have been in my very first SMJHL season. When I joined the league, I was too used to being the best amongst my peers, and that overconfidence translated to very slow development and struggles in Newfoundland. For basically my entire first season, I was left on the fourth line and failed to move up. That led to frustrations, and that frustration eventually gave way to productive behaviors where I put in more and more effort and time into my development, until I started moving up in the lines and seeing the rewards of my effort on the ice.

The other big change could be in when I agreed to play up in the SHL. I could have been part of an SMJHL back to back championship team if I stayed down instead of agreeing to go up to Edmonton to play for them. However I wouldn't change my decision, as I've had a pretty good time on Edmonton and I think being called up improved my development more than being successful in the minor leagues.