Create Account

Official Book Club Thread

How long until this thread devolves into racism

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

only book i need is the bibble

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

11-23-2020, 06:57 PMKalakar Wrote: @PremierBromanov Yeah I've read the same thing being mentioned for Malazan on /r/fantasy, and it's one of the thing that makes me err towards other series right now. I'll definitely read it at some point however, it seems right up my alley.

r/fantasy has a stick up their ass about malazan, they dont know shit about fuck

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

I'm listening through the third book as Kalakar mentions. It's been a great audiobook so far.

The next big one for me is the final book of The Expanse which releases in 2021 allegedly.

RETIRED

Im going to see if I can find those audiobooks somewhere.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Tried the Wheel of Times series after multiple recommendations, but I could not get through it.
I liked the premises but just couldn't push myself through when I tried.

Some interesting recommendations here, will have to look into some of them!

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

11-23-2020, 06:56 PMThatguy91 Wrote: Currently going through Cormac McCarthy's works, he is absolutely phenomenal. Although not fantasy, it is some of the best literature I have ever read. Particularly Blood Meridian.

Cormac McCarthy was the reason Sardang became interested in earth.  One of the very early scouts found his works and brought them back.  Many Sardangians read The Road to their spawn before they go down for their nightly microhibernation.  Very uplifting and motivating nursery school tale.

More fantasy discussion

[Image: Sugars2.png]

rip the sim god , kal the great

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

I'm illiterate

I'm reading The Dawn of Everything

Quote:A dramatically new understanding of human history, challenging our most fundamental assumptions about social evolution—from the development of agriculture and cities to the origins of the state, democracy, and inequality—and revealing new possibilities for human emancipation.

For generations, our remote ancestors have been cast as primitive and childlike—either free and equal innocents, or thuggish and warlike. Civilization, we are told, could be achieved only by sacrificing those original freedoms or, alternatively, by taming our baser instincts. David Graeber and David Wengrow show how such theories first emerged in the eighteenth century as a conservative reaction to powerful critiques of European society posed by Indigenous observers and intellectuals. Revisiting this encounter has startling implications for how we make sense of human history today, including the origins of farming, property, cities, democracy, slavery, and civilization itself.

Drawing on pathbreaking research in archaeology and anthropology, the authors show how history becomes a far more interesting place once we learn to throw off our conceptual shackles and perceive what’s really there. If humans did not spend 95 percent of their evolutionary past in tiny bands of hunter-gatherers, what were they doing all that time? If agriculture, and cities, did not mean a plunge into hierarchy and domination, then what kinds of social and economic organization did they lead to? The answers are often unexpected, and suggest that the course of human history may be less set in stone, and more full of playful, hopeful possibilities, than we tend to assume.

The Dawn of Everything fundamentally transforms our understanding of the human past and offers a path toward imagining new forms of freedom, new ways of organizing society. This is a monumental book of formidable intellectual range, animated by curiosity, moral vision, and a faith in the power of direct action.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

I read Dune then saw the movie.

The book slaps, but I didn't care for the movie

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

If you come back my next character will be Hoid.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: ZGneEG5.png]

[Image: sig-hffo-atlason.jpg?ex=660efc59&is=65fc...001e3&.png]

Bringing this thread back from the grave to shout out Loveless by Alice Oseman, which I just finished! It’s a really introspective novel about self-discovery, friendship and love with a unique group of main characters. I highly recommend it and their other works, which include the Heartstopper series!

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

Anybody heard of The Wheel of Time?

Also Stormlight series by Brandon Sanderson is my favourite book series of all time and @Kalakar likes it.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: ZGneEG5.png]

[Image: sig-hffo-atlason.jpg?ex=660efc59&is=65fc...001e3&.png]