Create Account

Be Safe
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2022, 12:23 PM by Henrik.)

02-24-2022, 12:20 PMtrella Wrote: @Thatguy91 you literally said we should ban the team from taking part in IIHF lmfao

Russia, not the Russian people and/or users. There's a big difference there.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

02-24-2022, 11:06 AMPremierBromanov Wrote:
02-24-2022, 08:39 AMThatguy91 Wrote: Well said Darian.

Additionally, I think we should ban Russia from taking part in our sim in the IIHF. I know it doesnt mean much, but a nation that displays this much carelessness for peace and the general well being of the world at large, as well as the interests of its own people, should not be represented in this league. Russia, and what the nation represents, has no place in this league.

If we set this precedence we should delete the us too

Ok now im on board with this. Sacrifices must be made for the greater good

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

02-24-2022, 12:22 PMThatguy91 Wrote:
02-24-2022, 12:20 PMtrella Wrote: @Thatguy91 you literally said we should ban the team from taking part in IIHF lmfao

Russia, not the Russian people and/or users. There's a big difference there.
I mean yeah that is a big difference, one that you didn’t distinguish between

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

02-24-2022, 12:35 PMtrella Wrote:
02-24-2022, 12:22 PMThatguy91 Wrote: Russia, not the Russian people and/or users. There's a big difference there.
I mean yeah that is a big difference, one that you didn’t distinguish between

Russia applies to the state, not the people. To use that specific word is a distinction in and of itself

02-24-2022, 12:18 PMThatguy91 Wrote: I fail to see how making them change the name of their fictional IIHF team is punishing them, unless they actively support what Russia is doing.

Why change the name? This is a literal sim hockey league. Last time I checked we aren’t in the real world. Just because we have a Russia in the IIHF does not mean that they would support what Russia is doing. What would changing the name do? Just something that a few people can pay themselves on the back saying they did their part?

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

02-24-2022, 12:38 PMThatguy91 Wrote:
02-24-2022, 12:35 PMtrella Wrote: I mean yeah that is a big difference, one that you didn’t distinguish between

Russia applies to the state, not the people. To use that specific word is a distinction in and of itself
“ I think we should ban Russia from taking part in our sim in the IIHF”

You said this with no allusion to you wanting to simply rename the team. I’m not gonna argue with you because I think that renaming the team would be fine. But don’t get mad at people and go on a rant about how horrible we are because your words weren’t clear.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2022, 12:44 PM by Duff101.)

First off I’d like to clarify that this is MY opinion and I am not speaking in any official capacity and nothing that I say will or won’t happen.

I would be fine with doing a ROC-esque thing, but to have some sort of ban on us playing under our normal name imposed by some sort of higher IIHF/SHL authority is a little silly. We are not the Russian government nor are we affiliated with it, we use its image in the same way every other country in this sim does. 

Also I mean it goes without saying that banning our team for doing nothing is stupid.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

02-24-2022, 12:41 PMluke Wrote: Why change the name? This is a literal sim hockey league. Last time I checked we aren’t in the real world. Just because we have a Russia in the IIHF does not mean that they would support what Russia is doing. What would changing the name do? Just something that a few people can pay themselves on the back saying they did their part?

Russia do bad thing. People they do bad thing to want no see Russia flag and name being honor. Change name to HPR (Hockey Players from Russia) or thing like that make no more name of Russia in IIHF. User with player from Russia can still play but no more represent bad Russia name.

I can't make this any simpler for you to understand.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

02-24-2022, 12:33 PMDuff101 Wrote:
02-24-2022, 11:06 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: If we set this precedence we should delete the us too

Ok now im on board with this. Sacrifices must be made for the greater good

I'd like to announce that I've signed legislation that would outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

This seems like an absurd argument. This thread was meant to send thoughts to anyone who may be from the areas in conflict. I never thought that we’d be debating the name of the IIHF team in this fictional sim league.

Why does it even matter? If it’s kept as Russia, who cares? Neither the fictional players nor the real users behind them are involved in this conflict. Alternatively, if it is changed to something along the lines of Athletes from Russia (Olympic-style), then again who cares? It would do nothing to break immersion or anything because the real life Olympics do it for fucks sake.

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2022, 12:58 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

02-24-2022, 12:41 PMluke Wrote:
02-24-2022, 12:18 PMThatguy91 Wrote: I fail to see how making them change the name of their fictional IIHF team is punishing them, unless they actively support what Russia is doing.

Why change the name? This is a literal sim hockey league. Last time I checked we aren’t in the real world. Just because we have a Russia in the IIHF does not mean that they would support what Russia is doing. What would changing the name do? Just something that a few people can pay themselves on the back saying they did their part?
It'd give the programmers extra shit to do that we already don't have time for.

RainDelay is right.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

The SHL creating extra work is a tradition as old as time.

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2022, 01:06 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

OK Russia and the US is out of the IIHF, who's next?

02-24-2022, 01:06 PMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: OK Russia and the US is out of the IIHF, who's next?

latvia

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

02-24-2022, 12:42 PMtrella Wrote:
02-24-2022, 12:38 PMThatguy91 Wrote: Russia applies to the state, not the people. To use that specific word is a distinction in and of itself
“ I think we should ban Russia from taking part in our sim in the IIHF”

You said this with no allusion to you wanting to simply rename the team. I’m not gonna argue with you because I think that renaming the team would be fine. But don’t get mad at people and go on a rant about how horrible we are because your words weren’t clear.

My words were plenty clear, you just interpreted them wrong. That doesn't make me wrong. Russia is banned from the olympics but the Russian Athletes can still participate. Even though Russia is banned. Because Russia is the state. Not the people.

@luke - if you truely think this is about patting yourself on the back then I dont know what to tell you. We accept this arguement when its aimed at removing, for example, distasteful names in the league but making the same argument about a symbol is somehow pandering for likes?

@RainDelay - Why make Cal Covid change his name? Why get up in arms about Lesgo Brandon and call for his name to be changed? Its the same arguement but because it doesn't apply to American politics I guess it just isn't a valid concern.

It may not matter to either of you but it matters to some people, myself included. Just because it doesn't matter to you personally doesn't mean its a worthless change.

Like Lespoils already said, Russia is already banned in the olympics, I dont see how this is so offensive to so many users.