Create Account

Vasily retires -- I stand with Ukraine

02-25-2022, 03:29 PMboom Wrote:
02-25-2022, 03:26 PMSamee Wrote: proudly russia=/=proudly a putin supporter!!!!!!!!!! its xenophobic. if the dude really wanted to not come off as pro putin, dont have to put this whole performance on and say shit like "To continue portraying a character as loudly and proudly Russian as Vasily would be disrespectful to the nation of Ukraine", which paints ALL russians in a negative light.

just make some sort of fucking media post that says "i dont support going to war with ukraine lol", not demonizing all russians like this.
I don’t see where Mich is demonizing all Russians. He’s just not comfortable playing this character anymore and that’s his call.
He can retire all he wants. That’s his right. At the same time you can simply name change and spin your character wherever way you want in this league. This is a league where Great Britain has been a hockey superpower in the past. 

Just seems like a waste of a player at this point when the point they are trying to make via retirement could have easily just been done with a media post. 

Anyone with a half a brain cell sees the pain and suffering the Ukrainian people are dealing with right now. And that’s why Russian people are protesting and being arrested. That’s why a Russian Tennis Star wrote “No War Please” on the camera last night despite what he might face for doing that from his government. Being proudly Russian means standing up to Putin. 

This post just comes across as demonizing all Russians. And that’s sad because a lot of these Russians despise their dictator-czar.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

Odds the next post from samee contains the word “xenophobic”?

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

02-25-2022, 03:46 PMRainDelay Wrote: Odds the next post from samee contains the word “xenophobic”?
Very high.

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

Miss you in DET and looking forward to your recreate.

/salute

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

I'm curious. Do we remove Canada from the IIHF and retire players for the mass graves found with the residential schools? Do we retire all Americans because of the invasion and subsequent torture of the Iraqi and Afghani people? Should we not allow Germans because of the heinous acts perpetrated by Adolph Hitler and the Nazi party? Do we retire Swedish players because of the databases of Romani people they kept or forced sterilization of transsexual individuals during the 1970s? Should we be barred from creating British players because of the acts of barbarity that the British Empire has done for centuries?

We need to stop equating people with the heinous acts of structural elements of a country. Putin and his Oligarchs are to blame. Any of the old boomer bootlickers that proudly cheer for the death of Ukrainians are to blame. While the missiles are creating untold death in Ukraine, there are still victims among the Russian populace. People worrying about family members in Ukraine. People with ties to those in Ukraine. And people with a good heart that don't want to see these obscene acts of horror take place on their neighbor.

I just wish people would sometimes step back and take a look at the big picture. Everything isn't so clear as you think it is and that's okay.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

I'd probably say a namechange and a media post about how Vasily moved to another country to help fight against the dictator and his insanity would be showing just as much support for Ukraine.

Then again Its only a 500-600 tpe player so Its not THAT much lost when it comes to time invested. If You feel like this is the right decision then it is. But yes feels a little badly worded that makes the implication that being a loud and proud russian is disrespectful to Ukrainians, but i assume You didn't mean it like it came off to people.

Good luck with the next player!

This is a retirement thread not the thunderdome. Locked.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]