Create Account

S63 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2022, 10:30 PM by dogwoodmaple.)

+3 TPE - PBE Affiliate PT

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
+3 TPE - dogwood

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE, Back In My Day (150 words min.)
The SHL has been around for the sim-time equivalent of 63 years now! That’s a lot of time for things to change. What was the league like 62 years ago in season one? Did nobody wear helmets? Were players allowed to smoke on the ice? Plenty would have changed in over six decades!
+3 TPE
One of the biggest changes that we've thankfully improved on in the last 62 years has been controlling the temperature in the arenas.  Back in the day, the arenas were kept so cold to keep the ice frozen that every player wore enormous heavy coats, hats, and gloves to not freeze to death. As you can imagine, that was a huge detriment to everyone's play, which led to some really strange results.  Another thing back then was we were really behind on skate sharpness technology.  Skater's skates were perpetually becoming dull as the game went on, so they had to be sharpened by a blacksmith that worked for each team.  That's actually how we got the intermission periods we have now - that's when everyone would go to the locker rooms and have their blacksmith re-sharpen their skates for the next period.  Needless to say, these improvements have helped with player safety, pace of play, and made things infinitely more fun for fans.  Although I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to try playing an entire game wearing a full length fur coat.
184 words

Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Los Angeles has been riding their top players for almost a full minute more of ice time than Hamilton has theirs. If you were a coach, do you buy into this strategy? Do you let your top guys leave it all out there every night or aim for the most balanced attack possible?
b. Guy O'Shea and Evangelos Giannopoulos have been absolute block machines for Hamilton in the playoffs with 109 between them. If you’re looking for offense in this series, how do you get around these two defensemen?
c. Los Angeles’ defense, on the other hand, has not been afraid to join the play and put up points. How do you prepare for a five player offensive attack? How do you counter?
d. The starting goalies for these teams, Olof Karsikko and A Jobin have been nearly unbeatable up to this point with a 0.937 and a 0.927 SV% respectively. If you’re a player on the other team, how would you get inside their heads so that you can put the puck in the net?
+2 TPE
a. That's a tough decision because so much of it is dependent on your roster composition, but I think in a series it's always best to go for a balanced approach.  You might have a better chance of winning a game or two using the "all out" strategy and riding your horses, so to speak, but you have a better chance of winning the series overall if you have a good mix of playing time and balance on your roster. (79 words)

b.The main thing when you're facing off against goalies of this caliber is to get as many shots off as possible.  The only way to score on them when they're playing at a high level is to continually frustrate them and force them to never have a moment's rest.  Between the potential for deflections and the mental exhaustion that comes from having to constantly be on the look out for shots, you have a good chance at finding the back of the net. (83 words)

Code:
11a. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Was it an exciting final, or predictable? Did anything surprise you about the outcome? What players performed above or below what was expected of them?
+2 TPE
I think my Steelhawks winning was both predictable and a bit of a surprise.  The main reason it was surprising was the meandering path we took to get here.  We lost multiple games it seemed like every series and were down 3-1 at one point before making it to the Challenge Cup finals.  Even then, Los Angeles squared it at 2-2 before we won back to back games to clinch.  So while we have been one of the winningest programs around recently, the fact that we were knocking on death's door so often certainly sent shockwaves around the league.  The one player that stands out above the rest to me was Rotticus Scott. He was an absolute animal this postseason and carried us when we needed it the most.  We certainly expected big things from him, but he exceeded those goals in a major way. 
(145 words)

Code:
12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
+3 TPE - Milestones

16 TPE total

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

PBE Affiliate
Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Allo

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Extinction Event (150 words min.)
Rumour has it that millions of years before the SHL began, there was a pre-historic “Dino Hockey League” that dominated the global sports market before a meteor wiped out most life on the planet. Describe that ancient league. Maybe name a couple of teams or players, tell me about how the Dino league’s rules differed from our current ones? This one is pretty loose, just have fun with it!

In the Dino hockey league, there was only one team. The name of this ancestral hockey team was the Coolorado Raptors. None of the dinosaurs that played in the league knew what colorado was. But it sounded pretty cool. There was only one team and other dinosaurs gathered some other dinosaurs to challenge the Raptors. The Coolorado Raptors were composed of only tyranosaurus Rex and they had long hockey sticks because they had pretty short arms. They were ferocious and often ate the others teams. That’s one of the rules that differ from the present-day SHL. Right now it’s illegal to eat the other team. But in the dinosaur era, it was legal.  They never lost a game of all their dinosaur's life. One day they were playing a bunch of long neck dinosaurs that eat plants and the Raptors(T-Rex) were trailing 123 to 0 in the third period. A meteor fall on earth, every dino died and that’s how the Raptors kept their perfect record.

Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
d. The starting goalies for these teams, Olof Karsikko and A Jobin have been nearly unbeatable up to this point with a 0.937 and a 0.927 SV% respectively. If you’re a player on the other team, how would you get inside their heads so that you can put the puck in the net?

If I was a player of the Hamilton Steelhawks I would employ a super-secret strategy to distract  Olof Karsikko the Los Angeles Panthers goalie. I would give a citizen 10k shl buck and give him two seats each game. The seats would be located behind the goalies and he would switch seats during the intermission. The citizen would then play trumpet all game.  With this super-secret strategy, I am confident that Olof save percentage would drop to minimum 0.935.

Code:
9. Written, 3 TPE, Bodysnatchers 150 words min
You've uncovered a devious plot employed by the Texas Renegades of the SHL. In order to create the [i]illusion[/i] of parity, sometime after game 1 they swapped bodies with all of the Los Angeles team! The Panthers ARE the Renegades! I fucking knew it! How do you expose this to the SHL masses, and get them to believe you? Or do you let their evil plan work, and have the SHL believe we are leaving the era of the big 4 forever?

There are times in life when it’s better to not know the truth. Lying can be good sometimes. So I would keep this devious plot a secret. The league is happy right now with Los Angeles in the final (even if the fakangeles did not win and the Hamilton Steelhawk did). Nature is healing and the number of parity-related tasks is decreasing. The new commissioner (WBF) has announced a new rule that will help parity. The gms would not be able to use the players sliders. So we are going toward parity. It’s even more apparent when we consider the new regression rule that would start to pile up.  If I exposed the plot, there would drama, Thunderdome thread, and gm resigning. We need too many general managers right now so I must stay silent.

All my thoughts are going towards the los angeles players. I hope they are okay and they will be able to play hockey in the simulation hockey league next season.

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

+3 TPE - Milestones

16tpe

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

16/16

Code:
The SHL has been around for the sim-time equivalent of 63 years now! That’s a lot of time for things to change. What was the league like 62 years ago in season one? Did nobody wear helmets? Were players allowed to smoke on the ice? Plenty would have changed in over six decades!

60 years ago, the game was actually much safer.  Everyone wore much more protection and the top speeds were much slower.  Fighting was not allowed and hits were polite.  It was very low scoring because the goalies had TOO much padding on.  Anyone and their grandparents could play goalie because you just needed to shift slightly to block.

About 30 years ago, the league was in crisis.  They did not have enough sponsors and people didn't care to watch the games.  Games would regularly go to 5 overtime periods because no one could score.  Some young chap decided he could do better, so he pitched his campaign to be commissioner.  He removed 60% of padding and changed the rules for higher scoring and more physicality.

However,that overcorrected the problem.  Games would regularly end in the 2nd period with 100+ goals scored, but player injury prevented the conclusion of the game.  Teams were bleeding money as they had to keep tons of goons on salary and fans constantly demanded their money back from only seeing half a game.

Today, we've seen the league correct back to a happy medium.  Now the only problem is internet trolls raging about how records from the previous eras don't count in the modern game.

Code:
Rumour has it that millions of years before the SHL began, there was a pre-historic “Dino Hockey League” that dominated the global sports market before a meteor wiped out most life on the planet. Describe that ancient league. Maybe name a couple of teams or players, tell me about how the Dino league’s rules differed from our current ones? This one is pretty loose, just have fun with it!

The Dino Hockey League had only two teams, the pre-Calgary Stegosauruses and the pre-Winnipeg Pterodactyls.  There are two peculiar things about this league.  First, they named their teams after cities that wouldn't exist for millions of years.  They sold merch that predicted the nature of these cities.  Although the names were spot on, everything else was totally wrong.  They mainly actually fought over the discrepancies in their predictions of the future.

The second thing was the team composition.  The Pterodactyls were comprised entirely of stegosauruses while the Stegosauruses were comprised entirely of pterodactyls.  The crowds were never sure what to cheer because cheering for their team was like cheering for the players of the other team.

Games usually ended when one team lost too many players to continue the match.

Little known fact, the DHL still exists today, although it has evolved from a hockey league into a logistics company providing courier, package delivery and express mail service

Code:
12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE (+1)

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+1

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3185108

Code:
13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody (150 words min.)
BWOMP BWOMP BWOMP PARITY ALERT PARITY ALERT- Well, a new team in the finals since the mid s50s, it only took ten seasons. Is parity solved? Will new teams make it in as the old guard becomes a forgotten waste of brain space? Don't forget, Hamilton is here AGAIN. Yes we have new teams... but what if it's TEX HAM again next season? Is that even likely?

We have achieved parity, we can pack it up and go home.  The league is solved and we will now see much better retention among both GMs and players.  Even if the finals next season is TEX and HAM, we've already ACHIEVED parity so we don't need to continue seeking parity.

The 11th place team made the finals, which means that half the league is eligible to compete.  Additionally, if you add the 2nd place Hamilton to the 11th place Los Angeles, that makes 13th, which means even New Orleans could have made the finals which would have included me.

Compare that to last season, we had 3rd place Texas against 5th place Hamilton.  5th place is less than half of 11 and 8 is not close to 13.  8 would only include up to Calgary which is less than half of 17, where I was at.

We will just ignore the fact that the quarter finals were 7 of 8 teams in the top 8 of the league during the regular season.  We will also ignore that 5 of 8 first round series were done in 5 or less games.

Code:
18. Written, 3 TPE, zzSnoop Lionzz 150 words min
Well it happened. A general strike by the goalie union led to a mass retirement of goalies and now ALL of them have either quit the site (based) or recreated as a skater. HO has implemented a bot goalie system, but decided goalies were too underpowered and gave the goalies 20 in every stat, even the mental ones we can't upgrade. How does the season play out now that goalies are gods (godbots?) among men. Does anything really change?

This situation is like the history I described in the first question.  Every game goes to 5 overtimes and records are throw into peril.  Can we compare goal scoring when there is only 1 goal per game? Can we compare goalie records when they play 8 periods per night with countless saves?  Even the physical stats like hits and blocks, those stats add up over 8 periods of play per night. 

The goalies who all recreated are fresh and in their prime in the new era of record keeping so they have the best stab at racking up the stats.  They get the chance to play in the wild west period when no one has broken the new system yet.  Like a fad cryptocurrency, some new computer savy GM "decentralizes" the monopoly on the league by figuring how to break it and taking over the monopoly themselves.  At that point, their team metagames the defensive strategy which creates an even lower-event game that they consistently win.

Then all the skaters quit and HO implements bot skaters as well.  Then HO quits and replaces themselves with bots who run the league until the eventual heat death of the universe.

Code:
19. Written, 3 TPE, Bodysnatchers 150 words min
You've uncovered a devious plot employed by the Texas Renegades of the SHL. In order to create the [i]illusion[/i] of parity, sometime after game 1 they swapped bodies with all of the Los Angeles team! The Panthers ARE the Renegades! I fucking knew it! How do you expose this to the SHL masses, and get them to believe you? Or do you let their evil plan work, and have the SHL believe we are leaving the era of the big 4 forever?

I have watched every single episode of the X-files and so therefore I am well prepared to expose this controversy.  I have actually been suspecting this for many season now, I think they actually bodyswapped a long time ago to create the convincing storyline of parity.  If they just all of a sudden became bad and then the Panthers became good, we would be suspicious.  Instead, they have been swapping piece by piece, stealing identities and ransoming the panthers to stay quiet.  They have done all their transactions through bitcoin so I just need to dox every single member of the Renegades to trace their transactions.

I think also they are using chemtrails to mindcontrol HO and keep it quiet.  See, my theory could easily be disproven by HO investigating IP addresses, but they won't comply with my MANY emails because they have been compromised.  Texas has chemtrailed LSD into the drinking water which has created a state of confused complacency.  This is enforced by any questionable decisions you think HO may have made in the previous months.  Any example of good judgment is just the exception that proves the rule, showing the other decisions could only be made while compromised.

In the end we just need more people to open their eyes to the truth.  If enough of the league is educated about this nefarious business we will no longer be susceptible to this ransom attack.  We will unplug from the parity matrix and see the world for the nightmare it really is.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

#1 Goat - UP to 3  Falcons

6. D.+1 TPE
Words 62
Just keep shooting. This is an incredible record, and what a season to have, but there is still room for error, and that is what I am hoping to gain by continuously putting up shots.  The team has to come with their top game that night, but if we can continue to put up shots, it’s likely for one to go in.  

12. Milestones +3 TPE
Link  Falcons

#14. Written, 3 TPE, Blew it up (150 words min.) 
Words 166
I don’t mean to be a homer, but honestly, everyone in this league has to give it up for General Managers Sconnie and Vax. These two have turned around the trajectory of the Detroit legacy.  I can’t say that I have looked into the history of Detroit as much as I could have, but having listened to the past players in the locker room, our wins have been nothing short of electrifying.  Everyone in the locker room is hype for wins.  Everyone is positive even for losses, and it is a beautiful experience to be part of. 
This group of people have created a home for me, one that I not only feel comfortable in, but that I miss when I am unable to keep up with it.  This locker room has unbelievable talent.  Sure we have talent on the ice, but the talent that this group possesses as humans, is just as impressive and we all do it under the leadership of these incredible humans.
Falcons

18. Written, 3 TPE
Words 156
You mean the current goalies are not bots? These goalies that we currently have, are amazing humans who work just as hard, if not harder than all of us skating around on the ice.  They take hits from other teams, from us incidentally, and from a goal box when a puck is being drilled at them.  They are our back line defenders, but really our front line heroes.  Even if the goalies were given massive updates, abilities, and powers, I don’t think the bots could replicate the enthusiasm, the greatness, and the loyalty to our teams that we deserve.  Additionally, if the bots replaced our goalies, and all the things we love about our goalies, we would not enjoy playing the game.  We would be overwhelmed by the lost human component of error, and would not be able to score.  We are nothing without our goalies, if they have gone on strike, they have been pushed too far.   

20. Written, 3 TPE, Free Advertising 150 words min
Words 181
If you're in another sim league and are using 4 of those CW tasks here, you can do this task to advertise that league in your CW. What league is it? Is it fun? How does it work? What are the pros/cons of that league, especially in comparison to the SHL?
I began my sim career in the ISFL.  I sat on the couch on Tuesday and Thursday nights after Sconnie and I had worked to get our kids in bed by 7:00PM each evening.  I was exalted each time Sconnie’s face would light up when his team scored, when he or his friends made a tackle, a stop, an interception, a big play, and the list goes on.  He was dedicated to this new world and I was ready to be right next to him, just as we are in our everyday life, I wanted to be his best friend on the simulated field as well.  I wanted to feel and understand his joy and his defeat, in the same ways that he did.  I love the ISFL, but I can’t really compare it to the SHL. The reason I love it, is because of Sconnie, and I bet many people feel the same way about it.  The reason we join these leagues is to meet users, and for the community, and it’s users like Sconnie that make it enjoyable.  

[Image: 65157_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2022, 10:18 PM by Sebster.)

Pizza

2. Milestones

SMHJL Milestones

a. Los Angeles has been riding their top players for almost a full minute more of ice time than Hamilton has theirs. If you were a coach, do you buy into this strategy? Do you let your top guys leave it all out there every night or aim for the most balanced attack possible?

Normally I would answer to let the top guys battle it out, but I think in hockey your 2nd and 3rd lines play a much bigger role than they would in football or basketball. So in this case, I think your best bet is to have a balanced attack. I would expect my 2nd and 3rd lines to not only be serviceable, but to be able to put up points while my top guys catch a breath. That way when my topy players come back into the game with a breath of fresh air, they are able to play tied or while ahead instead of fighting from behind. (108 words)

b. Guy O'Shea and Evangelos Giannopoulos have been absolute block machines for Hamilton in the playoffs with 109 between them. If you’re looking for offense in this series, how do you get around these two defensemen?

I would simply pass to the players that those two are not covering. I think the best option here is not to gameplan around them, but rather to avoid them altogether. An even better bet would be to go on the full offensive when they are off the ice. Maybe we play a more cautious and defensive game while they are out, but as soon as they hit the bench it’s got to be lights out. (76 words)

c. Los Angeles’ defense, on the other hand, has not been afraid to join the play and put up points. How do you prepare for a five player offensive attack? How do you counter?

The best defense is a good offense. I think in this scenario, my plan of action would be to have someone (legally so it’s not offsides or whatever hockey calls it) cherry pick goals while their defense is on the offensive. This way if they commit to a full out offense, we are able to answer right back when they make a mistake. (63 words)

This tactic was employed by an NFL player a while ago, but to get into their head you have to get into their personal life. Shannon Sharpe one time, when matched up against Derrick Thomas, called out to him and recited his girlfriend’s phone number, implying that he contacts her regularly. This got into Derrick Thomas’s head because he didn’t want his girlfriend talking to Shannon Sharpe. I think it would work very well in hockey with these goalies as well. (81 words)

BWOMP BWOMP BWOMP PARITY ALERT PARITY ALERT- Well, a new team in the finals since the mid s50s, it only took ten seasons. Is parity solved? Will new teams make it in as the old guard becomes a forgotten waste of brain space? Don't forget, Hamilton is here AGAIN. Yes we have new teams... but what if it's TEX HAM again next season? Is that even likely?

Parity is definitely not solved in this league. But not for the reasons you think. Seattle is about to take the league by storm here in a couple of seasons. The argonauts had a very strong S61 draft class that is about to hit the ground running. First of all we have eddie and eddie is goated. Nobody is better than eddie! Then we have jay. Jay is like the Michael Jordan of the SHL. That man only wins championships and it’s obvious to anyone that watches. Jay also has a gambling problem which is why I chose him to be Michael Jordan, because Michael Jordan was a gambling addict, like Jay. Then finally we have me. The glue that holds it all together. The backbone of the defense. I am extremely excited to come up to the big leagues this season with these guys, but still a bit sad to leave my battleborn behind. I know they are in great hands with Jess and Aleris and can’t wait to see them win a cup sometime soon. (177 words)

Well it happened. A general strike by the goalie union led to a mass retirement of goalies and now ALL of them have either quit the site (based) or recreated as a skater. HO has implemented a bot goalie system, but decided goalies were too underpowered and gave the goalies 20 in every stat, even the mental ones we can't upgrade. How does the season play out now that goalies are gods (godbots?) among men. Does anything really change?

As a goalie myself, I take issue with this question because I would never abandon Seattle like that. Instead I have decided that my player died, because he is not a quitter. But anyway, we can move on to the actual answer. I think overall the goals in games would be down, but the outcomes would not change much. If the goalie playing field is leveled for everyone, then it doesn’t really change much in the grand scheme of things. Maybe defensive players become a little less important as you can rely on the goalie to stop more shots. Maybe offensive players become much more valuable, as finding players who can make it past 100% maxed out goalies will become few and far between. In the end though, I think we will still get roughly the same outcomes because even though a lot has changed, now everyone is on the same playing field. (153 words)

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

+1 Milestones Claim Link

+3 Trivia : Verification : Yarp

Code:

+3: I think in 6 decades of the SHL there have likely been many changes in the way the game is played. Team strategies have definitely evolved from a much simpler style to a faster and hard hitting game. There were definitely players playing without helmets. Those goons were likely the ones getting into fights almost every night trying to secure a Turd Ferguson nomination. I think we have also seen a drastic improvement in coaching and equipment available to the SHL players. No more simple wooden sticks, players today have the latest and greatest in carbon fiber technology allowing slap shots to pack even more of a punch. We have also seen a change in the scoresheets as the league started tracking more statistical categories for performance as well as individual statistics. The officiating is still the same corrupt entity that it was since the start, the ghost of Simon wills it to be so.

Code:

+3: A millennia ago before the Simulation Hockey League, we had the Pangea Professional Hockey And Hotdog Association or PPHAHA for short. The PPHAHA was a glorious league that boasted 10 teams named after the local fauna that threatened to wipe out the players families. Teams like the Tundra T-Rex and Volcano Velociraptor dominated the early days of the league before the rise of teams like the Savanna Stegosaurus and Mudflat Megalogdon. The world was a terrifying place, so the escape that was provided by the PPHAHA was an invaluable part of life for the fans. Some franchises even has fresh meat giveaways, although this usually lead to disaster when a carnivorous dinosaur was alerted to the mass gatherings around dinner time. The game was very different from the modern hockey we know today. But the PPHAHA did encourage fights between the players, allowing for the removal and weaponization of the skate blades attached to their shoes.

Code:

+3: While Los Angeles making the finals is a partial breath of fresh air, I think by the results we saw and the lack of interest across the league in the finals, we are definitely not at a good spot with parity. There's a resounding echo of users new and old that the league seems to have grown stale and predictable since the swap to FHM. Of course one team might make it farther in the post season than expected but many seem disgruntled by fact that the SHL seems to have shifted far from the the player focused league it once was. I think we can get back to that but it is going to take a lot of work to do so. We need a way to make it feel like teams have a chance to improve in meaningful ways that don't take multiple years of suffering. Either the league needs to change to address this, or I feel it will start to contract rapidly.

Code:

+3: If HO thinks that changing the goalies to statistical gods in the sim would change anything, I would simply point to the average goals setting we use in FHM. These gods among men would be putting up identical numbers even with better stats simply because the sim engine demands it. While I do think with the current set up we might be better served with goalie bots, that would no be a popular move as anything that even touches player agency is met with uproar in the SHL. On the other hand, I can't think of many people who have actually enjoyed being a goalie since the FHM swap outside of players on the perennial cup winning teams. Everyone else seems pretty detached so in a sense, are we not already seeing an implementation of goalie bots? I can't tell you the last time I paid attention to who was the top goalie in the league because the answers seems to just follow the standings these days.

16/16

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

GM PT pass suckas

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

1. (3 TPE)

grease

12. (3 TPE)

milestone link: +3

6. (4 TPE)

a.
if i was a coach for simulation hockey league and in the finals for simulation hockey league playoffs for either of the teams in the simulation hockey league finals I would decide to play my best guys as much as possible because they have better stats than my other guys and that seems to be all that matters for guaranteed victory in fhm

b.
if was was up against these two players in simulation hockey league finals and these two bozo were blocking all my shots i would skate around them with good skating stats and then take a shot when its more open without the two bozo blocking the way to the net to score lots of goals and win the series

c.
the way i prepare for five man attack in the simualtion hockey league finals serioes i would plan to have all my guys run into them and interfere with their progress, clutch and grab all game cause refs don't call penalites in the playoffs so its all good to do that and slow them down and force them to slow down

d.
the way i would get in the goalies head is to pay a fan to yell as loud as they can behidn them all game long so that they get a headache from all the constant annoying noise and can no longer perform as good as normal at stopping all the shots and goals

13. (3 TPE)
parity is not solved in my opinion you can still predict everything that will happen before the season is simmed no matter what anyway because people spend hundreds of hours of their lives in fhm test simming every possibility so nothing is a surprise any more which is kind of boring and dogshit but its what shl has turned into I guess, as a regular player theres not much you can really do so its whatever I guess. its cool a new team made it into the finals but at the end of the day its the same teams that have won for this entire post sths era which is very boring and makes me hesitant to return to shl with a new player once I collect my x2 2k tpe champion badge so I can flex if I ever wanted to return if FHM became less dogshit for regular players to experience

14. (3 TPE)
in my opinion a team that has concluded a succesful rebuild is tampa bay barracuda, a simulation hockey elague team that is located in the united states in tampa bay florida, who are a member of a particular simulation hockey league division, which belongs to a particular simulation hockey league conference, which in turn belongs to the entire simulation hockey league itself. tampa went straight to the bottom with a winless seaosn and has turned it aorund drafting and trading for lots of great people and players and now we are pretty good always making the playoffs, winning some rounds. we never won the cup yet so hopefully that is in the near future as we all hit our prime years but im not holding our breath because i have heard stories of how sweaty some other teams are writing programs to test sim FHM to maximize results so it probably wont happen cause no one on tampa is that sweaty

TOTAL: 16 TPE

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

Code:

king

Code:

SMJHL Milestones

Code:
7. Graphic, 2 TPE, The Peoples’ Favorite
Yes, this task can stay. Design a championship ring for either team, you may use the fancy ring site. Here's a link: https://designer.trophysmack.com/productdesigner/index/index/id/97/template/MTUz/cid/MzMwMDA2MzU2Mjk2Mjk=

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Verification: zero

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, Those That Came Before (150 words min.)
When did your franchise last win a Challenge Cup? Write about that team, some of the key players, and what intangibles they had going for them to be able to win it all. If your franchise hasn’t yet won a cup, choose any cup winning team and talk about why you’d like your current team to emulate them. Did they have an all time great roster? Were they scrappy under dogs?
The last time Baltimore won the cup, the team was actually still located in West Kendall, way back in season 47. West Kendall had won a handful of cups during the s40s and was poised to do it again with a really strong squad. The team had a number of Hall of Famers on it, including Dani Forsberg, Alex Light, and Trevor Wilson up front, Ludwig Koch Schroder on the blueline, and stud goalie Beaujeux Biscuit in net. They also had strong players like Crossfit Jesus, Gabriel Wong, and young versions of Nat Emerson and Rex Kirkby. During the season they went out and added Artemi Berezin to the core, as well as another HOF'er Sophia Bennett, along with Josh Woodcroft. The team was viewed as stacked back at that time, and has only aged better as time has gone on, with 6 confirmed HOF members and likely soon another in Rex Kirkby.

Quote:6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

A. Generally, your top players are going to win you cups, so I don't really disagree with letting your horses run. It really just depends what kind of gameplan you want to employ though, and depends on how strong your depth is. If you've got four real deep lines you can rely on and run then it makes sense to do so. If you don't have that depth, it might make more sense to play your stars a little bit more.

D. Usually for the goalies who make it to the Challenge Cup Finals, they are there because it is hard to get in their head. The only thing you can really do is keep putting pucks at them, try to get up in their face and screen him. Keep him on edge by driving the net, and getting at loose pucks. Maybe a well placed chirp here or there.

Quote:12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

+2 from milestones - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3185180

Quote:14. Written, 3 TPE, Blew it up (150 words min.)
In your opinion, which team is has performed a successful rebuild and built a legacy around starting from the bottom? What constitutes a successful rebuild? Cups? Playoff appearances? Is this team still poised to do great things in the future?
As far as I am concerned, a successful rebuild results in being able to ice a team that is competitive enough to have a chance for success in the playoffs. It is so difficult to win a challenge cup that we would be defining 90% of rebuilds as unsuccesful if winning a challenge cup was required to define a rebuild as successful. With that being said, and looking around the league at present time, I would say that within the last 10 seasons or so the teams that have gone through a successful rebuild are Baltimore, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and perhaps Seattle (although with them being an expansion franchise, maybe that doesn't quite count as a rebuild?). Some of the squads that I would say have had unsuccessful rebuilds to this point are probably Minnesota and New England, Both of those teams went through attempted rebuilds recently that didn't really result in any success.

Quote:18. Written, 3 TPE, zzSnoop Lionzz 150 words min
This is certainly an interesting idea. I am by no means an expert on FHM, I've never had the game or done any sort of testing for my teams, but from what I know about FHM I am guessing that this change would not necessarily result in much of a change standings wise. If every team really has what is essentially an equal goaltender statistically, then it probably just comes back down to how good a teams skaters are right? Maybe you get a little bit of randomness here and there with the sim where one goalie dominates and another sucks more than the average, but for the most part I don't think we see too much of this in FHM like we did in STHS. It is certainly an interesting idea, although obviously if HO was going to implement something like this I would assume that the goalie bots stats wouldn't be maxed out, probably somewhere in the middle.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

1. CW TRIVIA 3 TPE

verification word : tocaps

Claiming 3 TPE : https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3185212

0. Claiming ISFL affiliate for 3 TPE

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid564355

I think this is a really good tactics. Playing your best assets when everything is on the line leaves no place for doubts or questionning. You win with your best or you lose with your best. In the end we know hamilton took it all but they are champions, and you need to be bold and try to go all in to beat the champions. I think Los Angeles gave their best and in the end if that tactic was not enough to beat the champions, you gotta suck it up and try to bring an even more loaded roster for next time.

These defenseman are big and strong and brave, but they are also very slow. You gotta feint the shot, they get down to block and then you zoom around for a pass or a clean shot to beat that guy A.Jobin. ANother way to get around them is wait until they are on the bench to push for riskier plays, they cannot be on the ice all the time. And then if all else fails, you hit them and hit again until they are tired or get frustrated and taken out of their game.

Well the best way to counter is to not let them shoot on Jobin. Jobin is a champion goaltender but he is known for letting a few questionable goales all the time. so you block the shots and counter attack as fast as you can so you can punish that really offensive mindset. Once they take a lead, it is easier to defend and put the pressure on them to make mistakes.

I think Jobin is just lucky, you just gotta laugh. You take a shot and it deviates to hit him randomly and that coutns as a save when he had no clue where the puck was. I bet he has a rubber magnet on him or something since all shots seems to hit him on the chestpad and he seems to close his eyes when pucks are about to hit him. No way a goalie can be this good with that skill. Maybe i'm missing something or i'm frustrated.

14. Written, 3 TPE, Blew it up (150 words min.)
In your opinion, which team is has performed a successful rebuild and built a legacy around starting from the bottom? What constitutes a successful rebuild? Cups? Playoff appearances? Is this team still poised to do great things in the future?

I think one team that is to watch is the Atlanta Inferno. The expansion team did not skip any steps in building a succesful organisation and is now maturing into contender status. Thru smart drafts, audacious trades and Free agents additions for precious veeteran leadership, the team is up and coming and will soon be in the same place Baltimore has been for the last few seasons. Hopefully the georgia state team will be able to line up playoffs success and move up the rounds and maybe even overtake hamilton as east contenders, a task many teams have failed to do recently. Atlanta has big young fowards, solid defensive core and they still have up and coming youth thru the farm system. They have everything a team wants to have and their envious position will solidify into quantifiable success soon. I think a successful rebuild is when you are a contender for multiple seasons and have a real shot at taking it all over and over. If you can avoid a rebuild for long enough that is true success in the SHL.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2022, 12:31 AM by Nerio.)

Code:

CW TRIVIA LINK

taco

Code:
Way back when in the days of yesteryear when Simulation Hockey the 4th decided to found this great league, things were all so very different. Not only did they not have FHM or STHS back in the day, they didn't even have the internet. Sims were done by hand with pen, paper, and dice. There were only 4 stats - scoring, passing, defense, and hitting for skaters, and 2 for goalies, glove and stick. Results of sims would have to be mailed out to the participants and each sim took 2 weeks apart. There were only 4 teams total, all with old timey logos of course. And the regular season saw them play each other twice per sim, four times total. With a playoff that included all of them. It was a time where foundational rules were decided, like PT caps and manual updating. We've made some progress one these fronts but still have a way to go.

PRESENT

Code:
11a. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Was it an exciting final, or predictable? Did anything surprise you about the outcome? What players performed above or below what was expected of them?

Who won? Just kidding I can look it up. Before I do, honest guess that Ham won. Okay with that out of the way... yep Ham won. Surprise Surprise. Well to be fair, LAP did take 2 games, and most of the games were pretty close except the last one so that's pretty cool. To be honest it was pretty surprising that LAP made it that far and it builds hope for the future of SHL if teams that don't do so well can actually pull it off. Hammarberg popped off this playoffs for Ham with 23 points across them, with Jobin also getting 3 shutouts including one in the finals. Pretty solid performance all around for them.

Code:

+2 Milestones
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3183249

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

J GM Pass whew

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Code:

killmepls

Code:

milestone claim +3

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

Code:

boop

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3185267

[Image: Dwy-Sig_copy.gif]
[Image: DzzMoaP.png]