Create Account

What if the Challenge Cup was a title belt?

Code:
896 words

You read the title, you probably have some idea of what I’m about to say. What if at the end of the SimonT Hockey Simulator era we decided to make the Challenge Cup a title belt? Instead of holding a playoff at the end of the regular season, we would instead have the title be transferred upon defeat. For example, the Manhattan Rage were the final team to win a Challenge Cup before we made the swap to FHM, all the way back in S52 they won. Now, at the start of FHM they come in with their shiny new SimonT Memorial Title Belt and the first team to defeat them will then have possession of the belt, and the team to beat that team will have it next, etc. Which team ended up holding the belt at the end of each season? Which team has defended the belt the longest? I took the time to painstakingly go through the last 11 seasons in the index and figure out who the current champion may be. I’m not gonna do a huge text blurb for every single season, but I will post the statistics I find interesting of each one, and the current final standings at the end.

Season 53

[Image: yxBVWr6.png]

Longest Title Reign: New England Wolfpack - 6 games, 15 days

Most Titles That Season: Calgary Dragons, Hamilton Steelhawks - 3

Champion at End of Season: Winnipeg Aurora

Teams that did not hold the title that season: Baltimore Platoon, Minnesota Monarchs, Texas Renegades, Toronto North Stars

Season 54:

[Image: Yhpw2Ng.png]

Longest Title Reign: New Orleans Specters - 4 games, 12 days

Most Titles That Season: Los Angeles Panthers - 5

Champion at End of Season: Hamilton Steelhawks

Teams that did not hold the title that season: Buffalo Stampede, Minnesota Monarchs, Tampa Bay Barracuda

Season 55:

[Image: 67Xscen.png]

Longest Title Reign: Buffalo Stampede - 9 games, 18 days

Most Titles That Season: Hamilton Steelhawks, New England Wolfpack, New Orleans Specters - 3

Champion at End of Season: San Francisco Pride

Teams that did not hold the title that season: Calgary Flames, Chicago Syndicate, Edmonton Blizzard, Tampa Bay Barracuda, Toronto North Stars, Winnipeg Aurora

Season 56:

[Image: XfskZc1.png]

Longest Title Reign: Edmonton Blizzard - 5 games, 13 days

Most Titles That Season: Atlanta Inferno, Chicago Syndicate - 3

Champion at End of Season: Chicago Syndicate

Teams that did not hold the title that season: Baltimore Platoon, New England Wolfpack, San Francisco Pride, Seattle Argonauts, Tampa Bay Barracuda, Texas Renegades

Season 57:

[Image: 7Waq2YO.png]

Longest Title Reign: Chicago Syndicate - 7 games, 17 days

Most Titles That Season: Edmonton Blizzard, Los Angeles Panthers - 4

Champion at End of Season: Manhattan Rage

Teams that did not hold the title that season: Atlanta Inferno, Minnesota Monarchs, New England Wolfpack, San Francisco Pride, Seattle Argonauts, Tampa Bay Barracuda

Season 58:

[Image: G1Y4AQi.png]

Longest Title Reign: Hamilton Steelhawks - 13 games, 28 days

Most Titles That Season: Hamilton Steelhawks - 3

Champion at End of Season: Los Angeles Panthers

Teams that did not hold the title that season: Calgary Dragons, Manhattan Rage, New Orleans Specters, Seattle Argonauts, Tampa Bay Barracuda, Winnipeg Aurora

Season 59:

[Image: NmJseCt.png]

Longest Title Reign: Chicago Syndicate - 10 games, 23 days

Most Titles That Season: Buffalo Stampede, Edmonton Blizzard - 3

Champion at End of Season: Hamilton Steelhawks

Teams that did not hold the title that season: Baltimore Platoon, Calgary Dragons, Minnesota Monarchs, New England Wolfpack, New Orleans Specters, San Francisco Pride, Seattle Argonauts, Winnipeg Aurora

Season 60:

[Image: YTg5IzN.png]

Longest Title Reign: Buffalo Stampede - 8 games, 21 days

Most Titles That Season: Hamilton Steelhawks - 5

Champion at End of Season: Buffalo Stampede

Teams that did not hold the title that season: Manhattan Rage, New England Wolfpack, New Orleans Specters, Seattle Argonauts, Texas Renegades, Toronto North Stars, Winnipeg Aurora

Season 61:

[Image: B2pVSOb.png]

Longest Title Reign: Hamilton Steelhawks - 10 games, 23 days

Most Titles That Season: Edmonton Blizzard, Hamilton Steelhawks - 3

Champion at End of Season: Chicago Syndicate

Teams that did not hold the title that season: Buffalo Stampede, Calgary Dragons, Manhattan Rage, Texas Renegades, Winnipeg Aurora

Season 62:

[Image: FArK1ct.png]

Longest Title Reign: Chicago Syndicate - 16 games, 34 days

Most Titles That Season: Baltimore Platoon, Buffalo Stampede, Calgary Dragons, Chicago Syndicate, Hamilton Steelhawks - 2

Champion at End of Season: Texas Renegades

Teams that did not hold the title that season: Atlanta Inferno, Edmonton Blizzard, Los Angeles Panthers, Manhattan Rage, Minnesota Monarchs, Montreal Patriotes, New Orleans Specters, Seattle Argonauts, Winnipeg Aurora

Season 63:

[Image: z0eyVc0.png]

Longest Title Reign: Baltimore Platoon - 10 games, 24 days

Most Titles That Season: Baltimore Platoon - 3

Champion at End of Season: Seattle Argonauts

Teams that did not hold the title that season: Atlanta Inferno, Buffalo Stampede, Calgary Dragons, Edmonton Blizzard, Manhattan Rage, Montreal Patriotes, New England Wolfpack, Winnipeg Aurora

All Time Stats:

Longest Title Reign: Chicago Syndicate - 16 games, 34 days

Most Titles: Hamilton Steelhawks - 27

Champion: Seattle Argonauts

Teams that have not held the title in 3 seasons: Manhattan Rage, Winnipeg Aurora

[Image: mpVIiy7.png]

I guess this final look at the standings kinda sums things up, and honestly it looks more or less how I expected it to when I first started out with this little project. Los Angeles and Edmonton having that few defenses surprised me, but there also could have been some kind of error on my part considering this data was hand collected.

I’m gonna try to keep this updated at the end of every season, so stay tuned for that. Thanks for reading!

Link to spreadsheet if you find any errors no you didnt

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Someone get a belt design

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2022, 10:14 AM by luke.)

This is really cool! How did you do this? I guess going through the schedules.csv? And then parsing it out?

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

03-12-2022, 09:50 AMbrickwall35 Wrote: Someone get a belt design

already on it

Cool and creative media, nice job.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Hahah this is great. Good laugh

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2022, 12:41 PM by Rankle.)

03-12-2022, 10:14 AMluke Wrote: This is really cool! How did you do this? I guess going through the schedules.csv? And then parsing it out?

It was all done using the schedule pages on the index and parsed out by hand. Wasn't as bad as you might think but definitely prone to human errors, I got to S55 then saw that I had made a mistake in S53 and had to go back and start from there again at one point. There's definitely a way to automate it but I didn't feel like trying to figure it out at the time.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

This is super cool. 10/10

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

03-12-2022, 12:25 PMRankle Wrote:
03-12-2022, 10:14 AMluke Wrote: This is really cool! How did you do this? I guess going through the schedules.csv? And then parsing it out?

It was all done using the schedule pages on the index and parsed out by hand. Wasn't as bad as you might think but definitely prone to human errors, I got to S55 then saw that I had made a mistake in S53 and had to go back and start from there again at one point. There's definitely a way to automate it but I didn't feel like trying to figure it out at the time.

oh wow, bless your soul haha.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Good stuff

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]