Create Account

S64 PT#0: Read the Room

PROMPT 1:

First of all i want to thank @SlashACM for all the amazing work he has done. Personally i have enjoyed the multiple prompts and insertion of suggestions from other users. I never fail to see something, be it graphic, written, Hockey or Not to find something to put together for a PT.

As far as the PTs themselves, i've touched upon one aspect i enjoy in them and that is the options. The number one complaint i have heard over time about the nature of PTs is that, on any given week, somebody just CANNOT get inspired by them. Worse yet is some people are hamstrung by them in successive weeks.

Some weeks i want to further the talk about hockey both from a league wide perspective or in universe. Styles of play, history, ect. Other weeks i'd rather talk about off ice things in universe like hobbies, interests, or reactions to things that have happened in the league. I don't too much care for adding in real life events like Covid or The war in Europe right now.

I'll finish with this, i am excited to see what new, fresh outlook you can provide us @leviadan

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

WSBL PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Honestly yeah, I do find PTs to be more of a chore to earn than something enjoyable. That is nothing against the prompts or anything, I am just not really a creative person lol and prefer to focus on the hockey side of the sim league. To that end, I do prefer hockey related prompts, but I have nothing against more creative prompts really. If there are prompts that have nothing to do with hockey I would prefer to have two separate prompts that people can choose. I think that was a great idea, but definitely increases the work required to come up with two separate prompts each time. I think what could be really easy are journal PTs that other sim leagues have where you have the freedom to write whatever you want about your player for TPE. Sometimes you have a small idea in your head that you do want to get written out about your player in freeform that isn't necessarily media.

[S58] #72 LD | Shion Okamoto

[SMJHL] Newfoundland Berserkers | Former Captain | S60, S62 Four Star Cup
[SHL]  Chicago Syndicate | S64 Challenge Cup
[IIHF] Team Japan | S60 Gold

Had a real stinker one time in Buffalo...

[Image: 9SlAoJg.png]

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

pt pass

prompt 1

First of all I would like to take my first few words to thank Slash for his work.I think users take for granted the "workers" of the site and don't realise there is hobby time spent to make it roll as smoothly. Thanks to everyone holding a league job btw, I have much respect for you.

For the prompts I like, I enjoy a good mix where the creator gives us inspiration to write. I like silly stuff, I like new and fresh stuff, I like when I can tag my friends and teamates in them easily. I like PTs that make me create a story around my team's roster. I like some to be about my player but not all of them because I find it hard to always write about my character.

I don't really like PT's that require me to make analysis of a team's performance or that are a bit more on the serious side as I prefer to let flow my creativity and the moment's inspiration rather than write a serious piece of work.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2022, 05:24 PM by Ronniewalker.)

Prompt 1

I have to admit, as much as I liked Slash’s creative prompts and the continuity that he created through the seasons, I pretty quickly found it hard to muster up the imagination to really answer to them in a way that I would have felt equal to the task. So I was one of those that by then was very relieved when he introduced the dual prompts to give us the choice whether to reply to the more creative seasonal narrative prompt or just churn out something more generic, which I admittedly chose to do most of the times since. Unlike for instance micool, whose reply I just happened to read before my own, I’m not the most fluid writer in terms of quantity and creativity, so I always felt kind of sad to not be able to reply to some of the really fun and imaginative prompts, but at the same time I just sort of felt like that would have sapped too much energy from me to come up with something that in the end wouldn’t really be ‘me’ anyway. I very much liked the inclusiveness of the concept, even if it was dipped in Slash’s trademark playful sarcasm more often than not Smile

So while I heartily hope for the same kind of creativity from the new PT crew (I always loved even just reading Slash’s prompts, for the sheer snark already), at the same time I very much hope that the dual-prompt option remains available for those of us that still prefer or are simply able to write less colorful stuff than we would ourselves like to read. 

Thank You Smile

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

ISFL Affiliate: https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid571627

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

PT pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Prompt 1:

I honestly really enjoy the story based prompt from the PT team, especially the one that was strung along all season because it gave me a story to latch on to compared to the one off questions. Although comparing the one-off story based questions to the ones asking about technicalities and the sim, I really like the story based ones in comparison because it does not require me to look up a bunch of statistics on the index on players or teams. Plus it is much more enjoyable to write about a story than just listing off stats about how a player or team had this many goals, this many assists, and this many goals against. As much as I like stats, I believe PTs should be fun which is also achieved by having the two prompts. Honestly, overall I think the PT team has done a great job and if it can keep up the momentum of the more fun, story-based prompts from Slash that would be great.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

If PTs are creative and encourage some fresh thinking, I enjoy them more - I liked the whole narrative series of last season, and I ended up fleshing out a storyline for them. However, the same old topics over and over can be a bit of a bore which is why it can be hard sometimes for the PT director to find a balance that satisfies both sides of the league - those who want a "fun" new PT idea and those who want hockey related boring drivel that they can just punch out really quickly. Kind of like what I am doing right now, actually.

Slash, I did enjoy your PTs, especially when they were not the usual hockey cliche drivel. Thank you for all your hard work, and the unique topics that you have put into the PTs in the past. Dan has a pair of big shoes to fill now that he is the PT director.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

With a game that was tied at 2 a piece, Pasta the Turtle hops on the ice. While not known for his offensive prowess, he did for all intents and purposes put up some impressive numbers for Japan in the IIHF tournament. This success went straight to his head, as he imagined himself as the reincarnation of Bobby Orr. In his mind, he pinches in the offensive zone, disposes a defender, curls around the back of the net, feints a pass to a teammate at the netfront to make the goalie bite, then goes the really other way and buries a Michigan. The dream fades away with the sound of windchimes, and we zoom into an image of a Turtle who was sprawled on the ice, having realized too late that team mate Makrus "the Tater\" had kind of played one of his infamous pranks and tied his skate laces together. RIP to our heroic turte

[Image: visceralpotamus.gif]

I think it's safe to say that PTs are absolutely a chore. But they are a means to an end. A good way of weeding out people who don't want to work hard to get their player better. But just because they're a chore it doesn't mean they can't be fun.
This is what Slash did really well, his PT were all really fun & engaging and I feel bringing in the second style of PT for those who wanted it to be more sim based was a stroke of genius. I personally enjoyed the wacky build a narrative style he set up, maybe last season? Or the one before? Whenever it was it was good fun being able to keep your narrative going across a full season.
At the end of the day though. Whatever prompt you put I will be diligently completing it in order to get that small dopamine rush when I'm able to put 3 more TPE onto my character.

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

Although I love the second prompt and I usually did hockey-related prompts when Slash was a PT director, I want to say big thanks to colored bean dude Slash. Seriously I admire his work and especially want to give credit to him for his work as PT director past few seasons. That was a hell of a job and I don't understand how he kept sane doing so hardworking job. People like Slash are bricks that are holding this league. I think I have thanked him at a few PTs or championship weeks because I and You (the new PT director) have the same feeling that slash was an amazing person. From my experience, I know that it is crucial to thank people while they are at work not when they are about to leave. This feels better when You are appreciated. And I feel good that I said that Slash is amazing long before he decided to hang up PT directing skates. Ok there were few "in name of the god what the hell is this" PTs but in general - hats off Slash!

ISFL PT

[Image: hopoate.png]