Create Account

Elimination of the 5th SMJHL Season Announcement

04-13-2022, 10:13 PMWeretarantula Wrote:
04-13-2022, 09:32 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: It's not that we hate you, we just don't love you. But in all seriousness, the only reasons we see the 5th season being utilized is for reasons outside of our overall goals. As such it made sense to us to remove it
I'm never sending you cool 40k stuff ever again

wait wtf

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Ilike

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

5th season is kill

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Some Say.. That if you ping him at 9:30 at night, he'll sleep upside down. And he's been banned from Hamilton due to sleeping with Hallsy..

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Good work HO!

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

Wow HO clearly has no idea what theyre doing

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Great change everyone

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

i like the change

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Smh, not giving J Lifers any credit

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

Not a bad idea.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

I think this is a good decision. Five seasons in the juniors on a career of 10 seasons before regression starts is too long imo.

It will be interesting to see how this effects the SHL teams. Is there enough spots for the 5th year prospects?

Is eliminating the fourth season an option too?

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

04-14-2022, 10:06 AMgordieboom Wrote: I think this is a good decision. Five seasons in the juniors on a career of 10 seasons before regression starts is too long imo.

It will be interesting to see how this effects the SHL teams. Is there enough spots for the 5th year prospects?

Is eliminating the fourth season an option too?

Just my two cents here but by far most fifth season players in the J these days are fully IA and would not be viable for an SHL team anyway. IMO this change is likely not about pushing people up to the SHL sooner, but avoiding stagnation in juniors and forcing more roster turnover there, which ultimately leads to a better experience for newer creates who maybe don't get stuck on a fourth line and played for 5 minutes anymore. The fifth season was essentially not much more than just a way to hang onto inactive capped players; the waivers system was almost never used to actually send down an active prospect who was SHL-bound but not ready to go up yet.

I do not think that's the case with the fourth season - I'm max earning, for example, and will be around 700 TPE going into next season and I would still be borderline useless to an SHL team or at the very least not able to contribute in a way that would be more enjoyable to me than getting to play for my J team. Until we find a way to make the SHL a more enjoyable and viable option for people with lower TPE, I think forcing people up to the SHL before they're ready would just make more people miserable than any good that could come of it.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

04-14-2022, 10:51 AMsköldpaddor Wrote: Until we find a way to make the SHL a more enjoyable and viable option for people with lower TPE, I think forcing people up to the SHL before they're ready would just make more people miserable than any good that could come of it.

Tbh after the juniors cap+everything else thread the other day, I'm on team contract the J and force people up to the SHL sooner. Dunno why juniors has kept expanding with the SHL, I feel like that's part of the reason prospects stay down for so long, because they literally can in juniors (and some teams make it seem very bad to go up early, but that's less an issue I think)

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

J lifers are infamous? :peeposad:

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

04-14-2022, 11:19 AMCampinKiller Wrote:
04-14-2022, 10:51 AMsköldpaddor Wrote: Until we find a way to make the SHL a more enjoyable and viable option for people with lower TPE, I think forcing people up to the SHL before they're ready would just make more people miserable than any good that could come of it.

Tbh after the juniors cap+everything else thread the other day, I'm on team contract the J and force people up to the SHL sooner. Dunno why juniors has kept expanding with the SHL, I feel like that's part of the reason prospects stay down for so long, because they literally can in juniors (and some teams make it seem very bad to go up early, but that's less an issue I think)

I just don't think the solution here can or should be "make the J suck more/be smaller so people have to go up sooner than they want to" - I think the emphasis has to be on making the SHL somewhere people want to play and somewhere they are able to realistically find the success they want to have when they go there. People find a place in the J where they are happy and having fun, and that's great! We don't want people to not be happy and not have fun! We just need to find a way to make the other thing even more enjoyable so people actually want to do it. I don't think actively nerfing the enjoyability of a portion of the league is the way to make people enjoy the other parts more. We need to meet/exceed the bar, not lower it so people's options are worse overall.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .