Create Account

S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs

Prompt #2.

Any dream jet of Henriks would have to have a pretty big food and drink area. Lots of space for charcuterie and cheese as well as some beer and champagne. If you are going to fly around the world you might as well fly in style. Second most important is probably the seats and the space itself. You do need a little bit of extra space to move around and some nice, wide and comfortable seats if you are going to have two dozen hockey players on a plane at the same time. Would be nice to have some extra entertainment options too, maybe some wargaming tables because why the hell not. Couple of gaming stations with a NES or two, a PS1 and a big comfortable couch. That would be real nice. I think Henrik would really enjoy flying in a jet with all those things. Maybe have a second story for all those comfort things.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

The New Orleans Specters have a couple of smalls groups which have sprung up over the past couple of seasons during chartered flights.
The first of these is the Weeb club, its like a book club but instead of reading books these guys all watch the same Anime episode, taking notes and discussing these on the plane. The leader of this group is Nikolaj Boyle who has been known to bring his fake Katana on the flights and wears a naruto headband when the group convenes.

There is also a DND group with the length of some of these flights a small group split off and fire through their ongoing D&D campaign. DM'd by Ole Olson this group can often be seen nerding out with everyone bringing custom dice.

Finally we have the sports card group lead by Xavier Doom. They bring huge hobby boxes of sports cards and rip them open on flights.

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

CREATIVE PROMPT

My dream hockey yet is nothing overly crazy. I think flying is the perfect chance to not socialize, but to relax by yourself. What's more cozy than being 10 kilometers above the earth, just relaxing in your own little cocoon? My yet would have a dedicated little cabin for everyone on board. The cabins would have enough space for you to fully recline for sleep, a television / entertainment system, minibar with some refreshing drinks and all the necessary little things, such as a sleep mask, earplugs, a fluffy bathrobe and slippers.

Another huge part is obviously the service. Besides the basic minibar amenities, as professional atheles, we need high-quality meals. I think there should be a permanent menu of some classic favorites, but also a chef's menu that's always a bit of a surprise.

The only common area on the jet would be a couple of float tanks. You know the tank filled with salty water where you go to just lay there. Sensory deprivation tank I guess is another name for it. It's extremely relaxing so why not have a couple of those. I have no idea if that works at all when you're flying 1000 km/h, but I guess it should? Maybe the sensation of weightlessness is even better there.

[Image: sulov.gif]

Creative Prompt
Alright I am going to answer this one with the meta hat on as I think I could come up with a better answer than my fictional self whose vast powers allow them to planeswalk everywhere, and I also think I can outdo my player Dave Heinrich who is a bit thick.

Now the question specifies jet which whomps a little as I confess I would love to see a team use an airship on account of the options for a far larger and more comfortable environment. Since I am not allowed to use that though I will instead go with the Airbus A380 for a base as the largest mass produced aircraft with a maximum takeoff weight of almost 600 tons. Additionally the safety record for the Airbus A380 is staggeringly good given the heavy use of it.

The primary focus for it would be on making it a relaxing ride and so would provide a luxury recliner bed hybrid to each member of the team. If people can relax to game tape then they are welcome to use tablets for that purpose, but it would not be the focus of the jet as my goal for travel is to make it as easy as possible on the players. Looking at the standard layout it has 188 seats on one floor and 331 on the other. We would convert the 331 to being as good a spa as you can find in the sky, and convert the 188 into the approximately 47 luxury recliner beds. Simple system that should lead to players being in good condition before and after a game, and in a worst case scenario where the team cannot access a hotel they will still rest easy.

Code:
Word Count: 290

I've never really thought about the things I'd like on my hockey plane. It would certainly be a hockey jet to have to spend as little time on the way. It would be an impressive plane, the size of which would be the greatest in aviation history. It would certainly be a more or less relaxing flight to be best prepared for games. It would include both business classrooms and recreational areas that would certainly be allowed to discharge at suitable times. And there would also be a mysterious zone in which no one would be allowed until the champion's title was won. I think it would be a good enough incentive to try more and win the title of champion. And I think everyone would like this kind of room with secrets. I would certainly like this plane to stand out against others. Let it be bright and stand out in the sky, even flying, at cruel speed.

WSBL CW

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

CREATIVE PROMPT-

The Atlanta Inferno team jet. The dream finally came true. We have a minibar inside the jet to appease my most alcohol fuelled teamates @Leppish @5ympathies @Gwdjohnson. The alcohol quantity is limited for the other's safety. We also have a nice pet room for @mrfinland @hotdoge @goldenglutes doggos. it is a room where doge cannot feel the plane movements and noise, so they are totally stress free during the travel, and there is snacks and petting incentives for other players (like getting free TPE for petting a dog!?)

The last thing on the plane is a phone so Angus McFife can call his uncle who is in prison. He was caught stealing a plane (ironic) while under the influence of marijuana. He was charged with High Misdemeanor and as such he needs help to become a valuable member of society one day. Angus loves his uncle and will call him maybe once a month on plane trips to get news from him.

The plane is also a gigantic red fire, with flamethrowers to make sure home teams knows the atlanta fire birds are coming to town (hohoho)

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

pass

We do have some degenerates on the team who are all about that action as they say so we have some pretty wild games of poker or other card games where thousands of dollars can change hands in a flight.  We have gotten to the point where we now have a professional dealer who flies with the team to handle the game and we had a few rows of seats taken out so we could get some custom made poker tables installed with chairs secured to the ground.  It is a pretty awesome set up and the team loves it.  We have had a few people lose more than they should but since we all make so much money, it is all good in the end.  Other guys are big into the video games so we have a PS5 and an Xbox installed so those guys can get their call of duty or madden in.  There is definitely money riding on those games as well.

Code:
165 words

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

My dream hockey jet would be one that maximizes comfort and possible recovery for players as they travel to and from games. Every seat should have ample legroom, especially since the seats should double as recliners, and possibly beds if they can extend far enough. I would even want massage chairs included, though players would probably have to fight one another to get a seat. On the back of every seat would be a screen for players to watch movies, track their flight, or game film if they desire. Personally, I think it's best to save game film for when the players are home and (mostly) rested, so studying film on the plane is their decision. 

Not far from the general seats would be an open kitchen, where players can fill up on quality food. For the players who desire complete peace and quiet, they'll be satisfied to retire to the private rooms, that are a first-come, first serve basis. The rooms house a full bed, which tired players would probably be more than happy to crash on. 

(Word count: 181)

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Right now in the Edmonton Blizzard locker room there's a distinct separation between the old heads and the rookies coming in. One one side you have Axel Foley, Karlstrasse Scholz, Julio Tokolosh, and Kyle Sutton. These are the guys who have been long hauling with the Blizzard since the Pepperoni - Tanner days. For them they stick to old man games like Poker (hardly know er), Solitaire, and maybe bloody knuckles to relive their school yard glory days.

On the other side is like, everyone else really. You have Sven and Pasta organizing love and hate rallies for or against turtles. Vincent Fox is always finding someone to rope into a game of Mario Kart or some other competitive game. Sometimes they even get all roped up into a game of Jackbox. But really, much of the activities are guided by Sven and Pasta in their fight to determine the superior species, who the better player is, really any debate you could feasibly come up with. So not really a club, more like a civil war for every away game.

Also @Jimmysmo27 plays strip poker by himself and everyone is like "yo that's weird" but he keeps doing it. That's not really a club, it's just something he does, but I still find it notable.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

When travelling on the road, it's always important to bring along some things to make the trip a little easier. Whether you're in business or doing a sports league like we are, it can get pretty boring and lonely once you've done it a few hundred times. Over the years, we stay on our feet to ensure we're always bonding as a team and making the most of it. When we're on the ground it's easy to do things like fair, amusement parks, museums, beaches or whatever it may be, but when were up in the air it can be a different story. Here's some of the things we do.

1. Phone games. Its the easiest one. Everyone has a phone and it's almost always an iPhone or android. We all get the same games that we think would be fun and then play them.

2. We have TV's on ours seats with built in consoles for Xbox and can play games. Some like Fifa and MLB, lots play NHL and some are on the Call of Duty and Fortnite gigs. I personally am on NHL, MLB and Call of Duty. Sometimes even Apex.

3. Food. Always decent food on the plane. Minor catering before we get on. It's important to treat ourselves well, be comfortable and be happy.

Tons of other things but that is it for now! Thank you.

231 words

The fun thing about the New Orleans Specters’ rise to relevancy has been how dedicated the entire team is to each other. Like, i know It’s cliche as all hell, but we started at basically a complete tear down. A bare bones roster chock full of inactive skaters and older players has been slowly replaced by the fun and active roster we have today. Because we all went through the same hell, it brought us closer together along the way. Nothing brought us closer than our favorite pastime of bitching about Hamilton, but other than that, it was a lot of support for one another, and helping each other with our builds. We all worked together on scouting the right people to add to our growing team, and we’ve really knocked it out of the park lately. Now, we’re all excited to be peaking at about the same time, and really can do some damage in the SHL in the next few seasons. Its cool for us to truly encapsulate the “one team one goal” mentality. We’re getting there. Together. (180)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Since being drafted in Detroit us S64 Rookies are sticking together. So it was only logical that we would sit together on the planerides. Sometimes we have MamaB join us with some homemade pancakes. Thats usually only after a victory. Which is quite a lot this season so we had to turn that down a bit. Otherwise we would all be rolling around on the ice. The Pancakes are just soo good! But back to the rookie Trio. We usually play cards or games on our Switch. Depending on what mood we're in. Sometimes its just sitting together and everyone is listening to their own music. It's just being together and spending a lot of time together that helps us overall as players to grow and improve every day. Holden Steady and myself are the Defense in the second line and maybe even the first line next season. We have to be completely in sync. Those plane/bus rides help us a lot!

[Image: IMG_4351.jpg?width=507&height=676]