Create Account

S64 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2022, 02:35 PM by honkerrs. Edited 1 time in total.)

1) bonk

7) Milestones 2/3 (https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3213536)

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

1. Trivia (3 TPE)
Verified

2. 4 TPE
a. My brain says go with the experienced vets of Chicago, but my heart and sympathies definitely go with Atlanta. Atlanta Inferno in the finals shows, that you can compete as a new team if you are doing great work. It needed some time, but they look like one of the best up and comers. Would be awesome if they manage to get the win.
b. While Chicago does have a lot more takeaways than Atlanta, it doesn't mean it's the better team. Chicago is very experienced stuffed with veteran players, Atlanta is the more up and coming one, full of young and hungry newcomers. I think they have to concentrate and try to play secure hockey, otherwise they'll get in trouble. But while they are at it, they should not throw their philosophy out of the window.
c. Discipline can be one of the big factors of the finals, and Atlanta is looking really strong int that category. Keeping as many people on the ice and limiting powerplay of the opponent, can be a very big key to victory. I think Chicago has to take care and limit penalties to keep the upper hand in the finals.
d. The more balanced approach guarantees you less tired players with a lot of ice time, so they could benefit from that. On the other hand, Atlanta's top players never seem to run out of steam and they never stop going full gas. It will be interesting to see, but having veterans splitting their ice time evenly could be a big factor in that game.

5. 3 TPE
In my opinion the Challenge Cup is way more prestigious than the Four Star Cup. While it is cool that the Four Star Cup has it's long history and many historic and prestigious match ups, the Challenge Cup is what both leagues finally are about. You enter the league in the minors, probably not having a lot of knowledge of the league and getting in touch with everything. You get to know your first big rivals, get to know the ins and outs of the league. But when you advance to the big league, everything is doubled and tripled in prestige. You play that many more seasons in the big league, you really grow friendships and rivalries and your ultimate goal is to be the one holding up the cup in the end. Doing that at the highest level is so much more prestigious than when you just entered the league. The creme de la creme of hockey is facing off in the finals and everyone is excited to watch the spectacle.

7. 3 TPE
Milestones

16. 2 TPE
The song I am from Austria from Rainhard Fendrich is not only the inofficial hymn of my IIHF country, it is also the country I am actually from. Born and raised, still living here and sometimes asking myself how I even end up in a hockey league based in the United States coming from such a small and pretty far away situated country. What I know is that it's pretty cool that my country is one that is selectable as home country and takes part in IIHF. The only problem we have as an IIHF country is, that Austria isn't really common to choose as country when you create. We'll see how our future goes.

17. 2 TPE
Did you know that Austria is divided into 9 parts or districts? They are Upper Austria, Lower Austria, Vienna, Burgenland, Styria, Corinthia, Salzburg, Tyrol and Vorarlberg.
Did you know that dialect in Austria is pretty wild and different from region to region. It happens that you don't understand someone at all, when you travel to other districts. At least if you are a non-Vorarlberger going there.
Did you know that Austria has a very big history, they once ruled over half of Europe and even had parts of South America? They were known as the country where the sun never sets. But history did it's stuff and over the course of time, the marriage politics didn't work anymore and they lost a lot of different parts. And then world war I started which finally was the end to being a big country.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

clapper

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Atlanta is a recent expansion team reaching it's first finals appearance. Chicago has been a dominant force in the league for a long time now, with their last cup win only seven seasons ago in Season 57. If you're betting on these finals, do you go for the experienced vets in Chicago, or the hungry Atlanta first-timers?
b. Chicago's lineup much more active with their sticks than Atlanta's, racking up 97 takeaways to Atlanta's 79. This late in the playoffs, how do you adjust to a team that's so adept at picking your pocket?
c. Atlanta has only 32 penalty minutes in these playoffs compared to Chicago's 45. With emotions high and the Challenge Cup on the line, do you think discipline will play a big role in this series? 
d. Similar to last season's finals, we see Chicago running a balanced ice-time attack against Atlanta's targeted approach that has some players seeing sheltered minutes. Last season the more balanced attack won out. Do you think we'll see the same again? Why or why not?

a. If I am betting on the finals I am betting on Atlanta, because I play for the Atlanta Inferno and I want to win so badly. So so badly. Chicago has already beat me in the finals before when I played for the Hamilton cheathawks, and I would be so so mad if they beat me in the finals again. 

b. I honestly do not think takeaways really even matter. Now I am no math guy, but just score more? FHM highlights are always so janky anyway, you take away the puck and nothing comes out of it. I am not worried, however, despite writing this after Chicago wins, I am confident that my team the Atlanta Inferno will find a way to overcome

c. I am not on the power play anymore, somehow only realized that after I checked my milestones and had 0 to claim because of my 0 special points. So I do not think discipline will matter, because hotdog does not have me out there capitalizing on the mistakes of other teams. Because he hates me, not because my player is really old and declining, but because he has a personal grudge against me.

d. No I think the Atlanta approach will be successful because my co GM is a math wizard and is able to out test Chicago. In the end math always wins and the balanced approach has no chance at succeeding. I can not wait for my team the Atlanta Inferno to best Chicago using our own strategy. Balanced approaches will never work.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Cup Check (150 words min.)
Which league has the more prestigious cup in your opinion, the SHL or the SMJHL? Which cup is harder to win? A lot is said about the different skill sets required to GM in each league, so which do you personally think is tougher to manage? Is a trophy case with three Four Star Cups as cool as a trophy case with three Challenge Cups? Maybe you think it’s even cooler. Why?

Four star cup is way harder to win in my opinion, just because of the lack of opportunities. Literally from my experience, I played one season in the SMJHL and Ace wanted to call me up. If I went up that season I would have had only one opportunity to win the Four Star and that's it. Instead I opted to stay down another season and lost in game 7 of the 4 star cup finals, but that is another story, neither here nor there. But then I got called up. So I had only two chances to win the four star cup. I am now going into maybe my 16th or 17th season in the SHL, and I have had essentially that many chances to win the Challenge Cup. I think I've made it to the finals 5 or 6 times with 4 different teams, and lost every single time except for one lol. Maybe next season Hamilton brings out the hacks again and I win.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Team 150 words min
You have to create the perfect SHL or SMJHL line for your player to be on. Who do you put on your line and why? Is it something about their style of play that compliments yours? Does it only include players from the present, or do you dip into the past to find an incredible D pair? Or are you just choosing your friends ‘cause they’d be fun to win the cup with?

For the purposes of this exercise we will be assuming all of the players mentioned are in their peaks. So let's say 8 or 9 seasons ago. Starting off with me as a winger, 2k TPE, back to back Razov nominee (not winner though either time, end my life please), Challenge Cup champion. All around great piece to start off with, anyone who knows me knows there is no way I could do a prompt for a dream team and not pick myself, regardless if I was actually good or not. Next we have goldenglutes, for this I'm going to use him as defense. I know he played both, but based on the rest of my picks I will have to use him as D here. Also 2k TPE, also good, not a challenge cup winner though so he might be worse than I think? Next winger, is Eko Van Otter. Again he also played as D so really I could use him either way, but personally switching from forward to defense to prolong your career is horrendous in my opinion, can never understand people who do that @hotdog. Rambled about this for too long and then I realized it's a prompt about a dream line, not starting 5 so let's just say glutes is a winger too, and then it's just three wingers and my response will make sense.

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Hype (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Do you think the same teams will be on top this year, or are we due for some turnover? How are you feeling about your country’s chances this time? Any players that you think will light up the tournament?

Canada is going to win the cup again. I actually do not even think we won last year, or the year before that, or the year before that, or any year in a while so I do not know if I can say again as if we have won gold in a while. Regardless I am still on the roster which I love, but I find so funny considering I have about 1000 TPE, and there are players out there with more that have not made the team over me? I thought last season would be my last for Canada since even then I had 1300 TPE and was thinking this was it, but no, I made it for one last time. This time is actually probably my last with the team, but I would love to be back for another chance next season as I refuse to retire. If this is my last IIHF tourney however, I just hope to end it with a win, and get me my fourth or fifth gold. Honestly can not even remember how many I have won, crazy.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
ahawhrwqah

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Atlanta is a recent expansion team reaching it's first finals appearance. Chicago has been a dominant force in the league for a long time now, with their last cup win only seven seasons ago in Season 57. If you're betting on these finals, do you go for the experienced vets in Chicago, or the hungry Atlanta first-timers?
I will have to go with Atlanta. They are young guys looking for their first win, they are absolutely going to do whatever it takes for them to win. As for Chicago, they are old farts tired of playing hockey and wanting to start playing competitive bingo, a challenge cup is not really what they are looking for. 
58 words
b. Chicago's lineup much more active with their sticks than Atlanta's, racking up 97 takeaways to Atlanta's 79. This late in the playoffs, how do you adjust to a team that's so adept at picking your pocket?
I think you need to slow down the game. Play at your own pace. If you start trying to get fancy and dangle around with speed, they are going to pick the puck right off and score. You need to play solid hockey, not beautiful hockey. It is not the time to start new tricks.
55 words
c. Atlanta has only 32 penalty minutes in these playoffs compared to Chicago's 45. With emotions high and the Challenge Cup on the line, do you think discipline will play a big role in this series?
Discipline is definitely important in this series. You do not want to give any powerplay time to the other team under any circumstances. They are both deadly on the powerplay, so sometimes it will be better for teams to stop themselves from doing something stupid out of anger and play their own game. This series will be very mentally demanding.
60 words
d. Similar to last season's finals, we see Chicago running a balanced ice-time attack against Atlanta's targeted approach that has some players seeing sheltered minutes. Last season the more balanced attack won out. Do you think we'll see the same again? Why or why not?
It is going to be a coin toss for sure. All will depend on if the Atlanta players with the big ice time show up. If they do and they are not being properly covered, then Atlanta wins easily. If they do not show up, then it will be an easy win for Chicago. This series depends on them entirely.
60 words.

Code:
3. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Four Star Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Newfoundland has gotten 25 points in 11 games from two of their top D, Rand al'Thor and Mikko Rashford. If you're Quebec's coach, how do you adjust to Newfoundland having guys on the blue line that are just as offensively dangerous as the wingers?
You need to not let the opposing team settle in their offensive zone. For that, you need to pretty much play defensively and try to get the puck back as soon as you can. You can't let them settle and start passing around the defense, just to get scored on. A good goalkeeper that can do clutch saves also helps.
60 words
b. Quebec has three players shooting 20% or better in Bertrand, Utah, and Kidd. If you're the Newfoundland defense, how do you find a way to bottle up three forwards that can't seem to miss the back of the net?
You need to always have a guy on them, and to not be afraid to block shots as soon as they shoot. It really helps out your goalie and let's them focus on the actual shots they need to save. You really need to stay close to them and not ever leave them alone in the crease.
57 words.
c. Looking at each teams' PDO, we see that Quebec is riding a bit of a hot streak while Newfoundland has actually been a bit unlucky. Do you think this a is a good thing for either team? Is Newfoundland bound to find some luck, or are they going to get stuck in a rut? Is Quebec going to come back down to Earth, or did they get hot at the right time?
This is not good for Quebec. It means that Newfoundland has been winning with minimal luck, so if they get any during their series, Quebec does not stand a chance. Quebec has to pray that Newfoundland does not find their luck and that Quebec continues their hot streak, but at the first lost, the momentum is lost and Newfoundland wins it
61 words
d. Newfoundland has appeared in all 4 of the last SMJHL finals and won 3 of them. Quebec, a consistently strong presence in the SMJHL, has a lot of playoff success behind them as well, having won several series since their last 4 Star in S58. How do you approach this series mentally on either side? If you're Newfoundland, are you worried your streak can't last forever? If you're Quebec, do you fear that you can't take down a goliath?
Newfoundland has little to lease here. They are 3 in 4, and won the last two in a row. Winning this one would just be a bonus for them, so they really have no pressure. On the other hand, Quebec could use the fact that Newfoundland could get complacent and think they have this in the bag. This might be Quebec's only cup run in a little bit, so they will want to win it real bad.
77 words

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. Just link your Milestone claim below this task for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

4 milestones = 3 TPE

Code:
22. Written, 2 TPE, Be Nice (100 words min.)
I’ve seen this prompt used from time to time and I think the end of my first full season as PT director is as good of a time as any. Use this 100 words to give a compliment to someone in the community that you appreciate! Whether it’s a friend, a GM, a PT director, or one of those amazing folks that designed the card website– try to make someone smile with some kind words!
I wanted to say some nice words about someone who normally is told that he is a very bad person (he kind of is to be honest), and that is @Gwdjohnson , also known as Gwid, Gabe, Penis, or anything in between. I consider him as one of my good friends, and i do not think i would be where i am in this league and in general where i am in life without him. I wish him the best and also he is pretty funny i gotta say even if he kinda bullies me with the nerdge meme but it is still funny so who cares. Love you Gabe!

109 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

ISFL Affiliate +3 TPE

Milestones +2 TPE

Trivia - verification word "coward" +3 TPE

Task 18 - After not paying attention to the league after the Patriotes got eliminated in the first round by Hamilton, I expected to check back in a couple weeks to see if they won like they always do according to everyone, but to my surprise they were eliminated in the conference final by the eventual finals losers, the Atlanta Inferno. Even though the usual suspect didnt win the cup, another on of the juggernaut teams since I joined did, in the Chicago Syndicate. IT seems that no matter how many changes are put in effect to stop these juggernaut teams, they just keep on winning, but just wait until MTL gets good.

+2 TPE

Task 2 - a. Atlanta is a recent expansion team reaching it's first finals appearance. Chicago has been a dominant force in the league for a long time now, with their last cup win only seven seasons ago in Season 57. If you're betting on these finals, do you go for the experienced vets in Chicago, or the hungry Atlanta first-timers?

Well considering that I am writing this after Chicago has won, I would still have to go with the Syndicate if I would've written this at a normal time and not at the deadline. But the reason is just because of experience, there are still many players from their title runs before compared to the relatively young Atlanta roster, and I'll take the experience over a new face in the championship.

Well the first step is just keeping the puck away from the opposing team. It sounds obvious and a stupid solution, but sometimes you need to go back to the fundamentals to stop stupid mistakes from happening. Atlanta needed to just make better passed and have better possessions, but they didnt and lost the final.

c. Atlanta has only 32 penalty minutes in these playoffs compared to Chicago's 45. With emotions high and the Challenge Cup on the line, do you think discipline will play a big role in this series?

Well it apparently didnt for Atlanta as they ended up losing the series in 5 games, but it is important for a young team to be disciplined, as the longer you can keep your great guys on the ice, the better chance you have of winning more games, and it will hopefully help them mount another title run next season with a few new FA signings.

d. Similar to last season's finals, we see Chicago running a balanced ice-time attack against Atlanta's targeted approach that has some players seeing sheltered minutes. Last season the more balanced attack won out. Do you think we'll see the same again? Why or why not?

Well as I have said many times before, the answer is yes, but lets figure out why. For the balanced attack, always having a good to decent defender and good attackers out on the ice will always counter this strategy of only putting guys out when the reserves are in, and it looks like its what got Chicago the win this season.

+4 TPE

Task 16 I am currently a member of the Russian IIHF team, and even if they might not be on the best terms irl with the rest of the world, I can assure you that we are on good terms with the rest of the IIHF teams. I chose Russia because apparently Canada was just too good so I would never see playing time, so I escaped Canada to become a Russian citizen to play hockey for them. They were the only team to reach out during my original transfer period, so I just decided to join them in hopefully winning medals someday.

+2 TPE

16/16

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png] [Image: 9pUocRs.png] [Image: tCcIWQC.png] 
[Image: Skree.gif]

CW Trivia (3 tpe)
Verification: pizza

Affiliate (3 tpe)
ISFL Affiliate: Sebster

Milestone (1 tpe)
S64 Milestones

Be Nice (100 words min.) (2 tpe)
I would like to take this time to shoutout @notorioustig , my GM. I know absolutely nothing about hockey and ask some really dumb questions in the discord but he is always happy to answer. He also calls me nice names like Sebward and I appreciate that. I like that Tig gives me money as well, that is very nice of him. I think more GMs should be like @notorioustig and that would make the SHL a better place to be. He has really grown Seattle into a comforting locker room that is a positive experience for anyone to step into. I hope to mirror his GM practices as my own over in the ISFL where I am a GM. (119 words)

Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! (50 words min.) (4 tpe)
a. Atlanta is a recent expansion team reaching it's first finals appearance. Chicago has been a dominant force in the league for a long time now, with their last cup win only seven seasons ago in Season 57. If you're betting on these finals, do you go for the experienced vets in Chicago, or the hungry Atlanta first-timers?
I would bet on Atlanta because they have many of my friends. I am very good friends with @Crunk , @Z-Whiz , @micool132 , @Gordon Bombay , and @hotdog . I know them from other leagues so I assume they are good here too. I have the utmost confidence in Atlanta to win the cup because @micool132 is going to win the cup. (50 words)
I think Atlanta should spend more time in practice dedicated to puck handling. There is no in-game strategy that can take away such dominant performance from Chicago at stealing the puck, so the only solution for Atlanta is to simply get better at not letting Chicago do what they do best. (51 words)
Yes! I think it will play a very important role in this series. The longer you can keep your stars on the ice and out of the penalty box, the more opportunities you will have to score. More opportunities to score equates to more points on the board and more points on the board equates to winning the cup. (59 words)
I think we will see the same thing happen again because, as far as I know, we are using the same sim engine as last season. I feel like if the balanced attack worked before, why would it not work again you know? I would like to see Atlanta win though because they have a lot of my friends but we all know that the sim is gonna sim. (69 words)

Cup Check (150 words min.) (3 tpe)
I think the SMJHL cup is harder to win. In my eyes, once players make it to the SHL they already know how to earn and how to update. While it is the SMJHL’s job to develop the players, this means that they have a much higher chance of someone not knowing that they need to do activity checks or point tasks. They may think that they have a good build but in reality their build sucks because sim gonna sim. So when you look at it that way, I think it is much harder to win the developmental league. Once you are up in the SHL you know to do activity checks and point tasks, and you have probably stuck around to have a good build. However, if you get lucky in the SMJHL and have one good draft class, that can make things a lot easier. So I guess to sum it up, each league can be difficult but I think the SMJHL has a harder cup to win. (171 words)

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

1. Verification word: Yes

We'll, I am writing this after the fact but my money was on Chicago. I think they just have the more complete roster. Great forward group and a proven FHM team. That is not to say that Atlanta was a big underdog. I think Atlanta has proven that they are a team that is capable of performing even though the may not have the same star power as other top teams. I think they will be a team that we see a lot more of in the near future.

I don't think Atlanta has to worry all that much. Its not that I don't think Chicago do well defensively but I think their series against Texas and San Francisco really spurred that on. Especially against SFP where they just seemed to not be able to enter the zone at all without losing control to Chicago. So I would say its more down to who they have faced than actual team strengths.

I think generally it really doesn't. Refs tend to put the whistle away in the finals and again, I think its more down to Chicago playing more games than Atlanta than anything else. Both special teams tend to step things up in the playoffs so I wouldn't be too worried if I was Chicago. I think both teams just need to focus on doing what they did to get to the finals and if that means taking a few more penalties then so be it.

I definitely think that the balanced ice-time is where you want to be as that is a great indication of if you have a deep roster. If you can rely on and roll 3 lines then I think 9/10 times you are going to be the favourite to take the series. Plus your guys are going to be more rested for a longer series so I definitely think that the balanced approach is the way to go.

3. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Four Star Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Newfoundland has gotten 25 points in 11 games from two of their top D, Rand al'Thor and Mikko Rashford. If you're Quebec's coach, how do you adjust to Newfoundland having guys on the blue line that are just as offensively dangerous as the wingers?
I'd really try and step up my fore-checking game and work a lot on pressuring in the neutral zone. I think I'd tell my center and left winger to stay pretty high in the zone and pressure the offensive dmen to try and shut that down. Playing a couple of wingers high against such an offensive duo could lead to a lot of takeaways leading to breakaways.

b. Quebec has three players shooting 20% or better in Bertrand, Utah, and Kidd. If you're the Newfoundland defense, how do you find a way to bottle up three forwards that can't seem to miss the back of the net?
I'd just work had on trying to push the forwards away from the net. If you can limit chances from in close and keep guys away from the net you should be able to keep the shooting percentage down as long as you can rely on your goalie to make regular saves.

c. Looking at each teams' PDO, we see that Quebec is riding a bit of a hot streak while Newfoundland has actually been a bit unlucky. Do you think this a is a good thing for either team? Is Newfoundland bound to find some luck, or are they going to get stuck in a rut? Is Quebec going to come back down to Earth, or did they get hot at the right time?
Newfoundland has proven over and over again that they have the culture of winning and the fact that their PDO is low is very promising for their chances. Quebec can absolutely keep riding their lucky streak but I am more inclined to believe that NL will rebound and Quebec to fall back a little bit.

d. Newfoundland has appeared in all 4 of the last SMJHL finals and won 3 of them. Quebec, a consistently strong presence in the SMJHL, has a lot of playoff success behind them as well, having won several series since their last 4 Star in S58. How do you approach this series mentally on either side? If you're Newfoundland, are you worried your streak can't last forever? If you're Quebec, do you fear that you can't take down a goliath?
If I am Newfoundland I am going to just go into it the same way as I always do. There is clearly a very strong culture of winning and great coaching there so just stay calm and play the way you know you can play. If I am Quebec I think the same has to be true, although I would watch a lot of tapes to try and figure out just how to beat such a dominant team.

You have to create the perfect SHL or SMJHL line for your player to be on. Who do you put on your line and why? Is it something about their style of play that compliments yours? Does it only include players from the present, or do you dip into the past to find an incredible D pair? Or are you just choosing your friends ‘cause they’d be fun to win the cup with?
Well, I have to start with Henrik Lekberg Osterman obviously. I'd have him playing center and being the defensively responsible one. I have to go with Sven Svenson on one of my wings as Sven and HLO has some serious histroy and chemistry. They have the proven track record and they work really well on both sides of the ice together.
Well, I have to start with Henrik Lekberg Osterman obviously. I'd have him playing center and being the defensively responsible one. I have to go with Sven Svenson on one of my wings as Sven and HLO has some serious histroy and chemistry. They have the proven track record and they work really well on both sides of the ice together. As for the third forward, I am not all too sure. Henrik has played with a lot of guys but I think it would have to be another Swede in Yngve Simonsson. Simonsson does not have the star power as some other guys but again, the chemistry is there and its a proven combo. These guys have played together before and have been remarkably effective. On defence it would have the be Rikard Bjerg and Alex Petrenko. Petrenko and HLO are a deadly duo and Bjerg is just such a solid defenceman. So basically our first line combination in San Francisco from like S59.

16/16

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Code:

Pox

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. Just link your Milestone claim below this task for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3 TPE - Milestones

Code:
Which league has the more prestigious cup in your opinion, the SHL or the SMJHL? Which cup is harder to win? A lot is said about the different skill sets required to GM in each league, so which do you personally think is tougher to manage? Is a trophy case with three Four Star Cups as cool as a trophy case with three Challenge Cups? Maybe you think it’s even cooler. Why?

I think that it’s much harder to win the four-star cup than it is the Challenge Cup. Beyond a certain few players, it’s hard to predict drafts and who is going to stay active. People also really seem to care where they play in the J. So many people are passed over knowing that the user won’t play there. GMs are usually much more focused on making a great experience and a wonderful place to be than they are on actually winning the cup. It’s like a bonus in the SMJHL. The final point is that you only have 4 years to win a cup in the juniors. You have ten to twenty seasons to win a championship in the big leagues. I know that the SHL is generally seen as more competitive and there are more teams, but you have better chances over a longer time in the majors. I'm not saying that either of them are easy, but I think it's harder to do while you're playing in juniors.

Code:
16. Written, 2 TPE, Home Country (100 words min.)
Why did you choose your IIHF country? Is it where you’re actually from? Is it where your friends play? Was it for a specific role play reason? I want to know how you decided where your player comes from!

I play for Finland and used my one and only transfer to go there. Rashford is a bully and conned me into the switch. In actuality, there was room for me to grow, and Rashford has done a hell of a job of making it a fun place, and a location that you want to play in. The team is competitive and we're all getting older around the same time. We're a young team, and it'll be fun to see where we can grow to. I'm glad I switched over because I think too many people want to be from USA or Canada, and it makes it too competitive and people run their mouths over fake hockey. That's in tandem with national pride. So, it's more fun this way.

Code:
17. Written, 2 TPE, Substitute Teacher (100 words min.)
Hello! I am 11 years old, and as a part of the SHL Community Outreach Program– you, a famous hockey player, have to teach my Geography class in 15 minutes! You have to tell me and my classmates a couple of fun facts about your player’s IIHF country! Jump on Wikipedia or whatever and search up something weird or fun about where your player is from that I wouldn’t know! Get wacky, or get scholarly for all I care! Maybe you’ll actually learn something cool!

Oh my goodness. Finland is the greatest place in the world. While we speak Finnish, we usually do it to order our favorite drink which is COFFEE! We absolutely love our coffee over here. We do it to warm up because we have some very cold winters. Our summers aren’t even that hot, as we only see highs of about 70 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s why we’re also crazy about saunas! I miss sitting in my sauna at home when I’m playing in Winnipeg. We have them, but they’re not as good as home. We also have unique sports, like mobile phone throwing, the wife-carrying championship, and swamp football. We have a lot of fun in Finland. Come visit sometime!

Code:

Listen. You never bet against the veterans. There's just something about the experienced players. They have more intuition and come alive when they're needed the most. They know the little things about the playoffs that matter. While the young guys have the hunger and the spirit of youth, they just don't have that je ne sais quoi.

Code:

If their defense has that much space to move up the ice and increase their own productivity, they're not busy enough. I think in order to keep their defenders from putting on pressure, Quebec needs to change their strategy to highly offensively focused. If they're busy playing defense, they shouldn't have enough time to score big. Also, big box for defense and put a lot of pressure on them at the point. No shots equal no assists.

Code:

I don’t think good teams get on streaks because of luck. It’s because they’re good. I honestly don't think being at a hot streak or cold streak is a good or a bad thing. I think you make it what it is. Long losing streaks come from being a sub-par team. I do agree that teams get 'hot', but I think it's more from things like line changes, injuries and more.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2022, 06:31 PM by O4L. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

Verification Word: kdone

Code:
a. This is an interesting finals, Atlanta reminds me a lot of a young Chicago before we broke through and won our first cup, I think they're a very good team with a very bright future ahead, that being said I think long-term Chicago is one of the top 3 run orgs ever since expansion and I think the wealth of knowledge available to Chicago in the war room gives them the edge in this series.
b. Without tactics available it's harder to adapt to stuff like this. But I think the types of players you play together on a line is hugely important to stuff like this. Turning over the puck is not a massive deal as long as when you're turning over the puck you're not getting scored on, having defensively resposible players on every line is extremely important in modern day SHL, so the best way to avoid giving up goals on these turnovers is make sure every line is defensively resposible.
c. This stuff is somewhat random, but special teams are always important. You need to outplay the opposition to win the special teams game because the team spending more time in their own zone generally takes more penalties. You never want to spend time shorthanded on FHM because it can completely tilt the game, especially if your team doesn't have the stamina to recover from it.
d. The balanced attack is always the way to go if you have the players to run it. If you don't have the players to run a balanced attack then the sheltered approach is better, even though every team would much rather be able to roll 3 lines. I think Chicago has the advantage in this area because when you can run lines you never have to be worried about sending a weaker line out against way tougher competition, or overworking your best players.

Code:
16. Written, 2 TPE, Home Country (100 words min.)
Why did you choose your IIHF country? Is it where you’re actually from? Is it where your friends play? Was it for a specific role play reason? I want to know how you decided where your player comes from![/code]

When I was recreating I was trying to decide between making a Korean or Japanese player, ultimately the Smeb family went with Smeb as our last name so it wouldn't make much sense to name our players after Smeb and be from Japan. When IIHF expansion came up I basically thought although Korea would be better for the Smebs and our lore, that Japan would be a much easier nation to attract new players to, there was already a wealth of Japanese players on the site at the time and there's a lot of weebs on the site, and since we recruit so heavily from reddit there would be even more weebs joining the site, which is basically what's happened now that Japan is one of the premier IIHF nations. I still think if IIHF ever expands again Korea would be a great option and probably have a lot of members wanting to play for them.

Code:

The SHL has the most prestigious cup, it just does. The SHL GM job takes more long-term planning and calculation to make sure your team is planned out years in advance and that you're maximizing your teams cup window, some teams miss out on their cup windows because they aren't willing to spend assets when they HAVE to spend assets to win. The SMJHL jobs are more about developing but also take a lot of skill to be great, I think there's more GM's that are considered "great" in the SHL but there's more bad GM's in the SHL that are easier to take advantage of. It's harder to be a GREAT GM in the SMJHL because there's less bad GM's in the SMJHL.  The one thing with the SMJHL is I wish you could get into the GM HOF solely off of a SMJHL GM career, especially now because more work goes into those roles than ever before and there's some really good SMJHL GM candidates for the HOF

Code:

I think the dream line for my player would be Smeb-Smeb-Smeb-Smeb-Smeb, I don't believe this dream line ever became a reality, although we all had different combos at various points in our careers and everyone except for Steve Craig played for Japan. If Kit Smeb had stayed active and Chico Smeb hadn't been sniped by Calgary when he was it could've realistically been an actual line for Chicago at some point and actually would've probably been a very good line, even Khan who didn't play much was a pretty decent depth defenseman and could've been carried by the other Smebs. Unfortunately, Calgary sniped Chico which we knew was a possibility at the draft, the unlucky part is Chico probably would've had a much better career had Chicago drafted him because I could've kept him active much easier. I think this line is one of the bigger what if's in SHL history and would've been very cool to see for a few games on Chicago at some point.

Code:

MILESTONES

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2022, 06:24 PM by Amidships.)

0. +3 TPE - Affiliate from PBE

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=449974

Verification word: word

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3213618

The obvious answer is to take the Chicago Syndicate. No one has managed to beat the Big 4 in the past several seasons in the SHL. The league has been stacked in their favor in more ways than you can really count and to bet on anyone outside of those four teams is a bad bet.

Atlanta needs to be more physical, aka follow the meta of focusing on strength, balance, hitting, and checking. It is the meta for a reason, all of the best teams focus on these core metrics along with their voodoo tactics calculations to make sure they never lose the big game. So realistically, Atlanta needs to move to a different city and change their branding.

Not particularly. As is evidenced by the big four's style of play, it does not really matter how much time you spend in the box when you simply win all of the games at the end of the series. Anything their opponents do is eventually discounted, so it is safe to sayt hat discipline is not that important.

The answer is a very easy yes, simply because whatever Chicago does this series is what you are supposed to do in order to win. They always win, and to think any other strategy will work in this sim is naïve. To the surprise of no one, the Syndicate's approach yet again put them over the top.

The Challenge Cup is the more interesting one for sure as it involves more players and more teams. You are competing against teams filled with max earning users over a several real life year career and need everything to come together at a specific time. That said, when a small group of specific teams find a way to make that specific time last for several real life years you suddenly realize that maybe it is not that impressive considering they keep finding ways to do it. Now when you look at the Four Star Cup, you can see young players competing for a cup that has fewer teams, fewer players, and a lot more turnover. Except for the teams that stack their roster with max TPE players and continually avoid call ups or if they have them find ways to replace their players with more max TPE players. Unfortunately, there are people that are too obsessed with success at the junior level when the job of a juniors GM is not to win every season but to develop players to get in to the big leagues.

+16 total TPE

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2022, 06:26 PM by CptGoosar. Edited 2 times in total.)

1) Gibson 

5) Well each cup is uniquely different and as stated require totally different skill sets by the GM in charge. To the two most simular cups have to be the WJC & IHFL both is these essentially boil down to selected the highest possible TPE players in you country. There is some skill in setting up your roaster / lines strategy etc but the higher your teams TPE the better. Now the SMJL & SHL require totally different skill to thr two discribed avoided, here the GM needs to plan ahead, understand which users will be great earners / locker room member plus also being on top of the line / roster / tactics. In terms of the hardest cup itself, it’s a good up between the two really, the high turn over in the SJMHL does allow for a the odd mistake in drafting players without loosing too much, but all you don’t get a whole seasons experience for drafting new players. So really they are both as hard as each other and anyone GM who leads their team to a cup is a top quality GM who deserves loads of credit, that they get.

7) Milestones (3 TPE)

16) So I chose The Uk as my player home for several reasons. Firstly I am from the Uk, specially England, in the middle of the country in Derbyshire. I’m from a small sleepy village, yes some may say that it’s a boating choice, but I have little imagination for this. My next player won’t be from the Uk. However it has worked out quite well with positional depth in the WJC & IHFL. I also found it easier to write my players backstory being from the Uk and emigrating to America. Nice little tale there. Hopefully I’ll be able to spend time soon to finish it all

17) so as my player is from the UK, there are a few cool facts about the country. The UK itself isn’t a country but in fact is a collection of several different one. Namely England, Wales, Northern Ireland & Scotland. Different combinations of the countries above give differ names, such as GB, the British Isles, UK etc. a second interesting fact, the flag for thr United Kingdom is very frequently called the Union Jack, however this is only the case when the flag is at sea on a Vessal. When the flag is on land it’s called the Union Flag. Hopefully you learnt something new about where I’m from.

ISFL Affilaite

[Image: gill.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2022, 07:12 PM by BANACKOCK. Edited 1 time in total.)

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - --> 3
a. I think ultimately you have to go with Chicago, right? They've proven that they can win the championship and since doing so, they've been a consistent force in the league where players find strong success. It's honestly such a cool thing to see Atlanta making it all the way like this but at the end of the day, going with the experience is usually a safe bet in playoffs... but you never know! (73)
b. Firstly, 97 and 79. Samsies! Moving along, it's tough when you're playing against a team that is so strong on the puck and loves taking them away just the same. It's never an easy challenge but what you're going to have to do is simply try harder. You can play to that level. Have a team meeting. Watch the tapes and watch the other team and what they do. Cover your man. Play smart. Try not to rush things too much. (81)
c. When doesn't discipline play a factor in our hockey games ever? Of course if you have a strong special team that can kill of penalties, you haven't much to fear, but at the same time you do. If you're taking penalties, it's great you can kill them off. However, if you're taking them, are you going to be scoring? Are you going to be getting chances? No. Will the other team be pushing you to the max? Tiring you out? There is that potential. Discipline is always a great thing. Especially when the other team lacks it. (97)

3. Written, up to 4 TPE - --> 3
a. They're top pairing of their D-men is absolutely crazy as they've gotten 25 points through the 11 games at the time. If I was the coach or manager of Quebec, I'm fighting fire with water. Block those shots! All the guys are getting extra padding. Stop being afraid of the puck. Do you want to win? Sacrifice. (57)
b. When a few players have the magical habit of never having an issue of finding the back of the net, you have to do one of two things. The first you can do is try and play the fair way, attack them like crazy and play strong positions. Man on man. The next you can do is take small, shiny pieces of metal and hide them in your gloves. Then, when they go to shoot, blind them! (77)
d. I think if you're New Foundland you want to keep the good times going, however, you also understand that they can't. I've been on teams like this prior during my tenures and you always know it has to come to an end. If you're Quebec, you're nervous as hell knowing how good the other team is and can be, but you're also up for the challenge and super excited to play the spoiling team. (74)

Milestones Jakobsen

21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Epic Loot (150 words min.)
Hockey gear has always been super expensive. With that being said, would you be surprised that a company named Materia has teamed up with the owner of Facebook and Elon Musk to create some crazy technological space skates and equipment? Using the technology from Tesla and all the background magic of Facebook, these two humans are combing their beautiful minds with the hope of creating the most amazing skate ever. You will have super speed, super edge cutting. The skates will download your speeds, how you skate and it will all go to an app to show you how you can improve etc. Everything from your speed, how you stride, how tight your skates are and should be, the angle and height of your strides and certain ways to improve dynamics. The skates will have special metal blades called META BLADES. Just like everything else in hockey, they're going to be looking at a hefty price and rumour has it these skates will only be for the wealthy pros right now. $25,000 a skate. (174)

@artermis and @theotherguy. Don't blame me. His Discord name is something stupid. Watch it be his actual members name. He knows I'm joking... WINK. Anyway, thanks to these to for taking a chance on me at 10th overall. I haven't been the most active in terms of jumping in there and talking, but they knew they were going to get a good player for a few seasons that was loyal and excited to be there (and maybe win). Allegedly some people scoffed at taking me as high as they did and that's totally fine. It just goes to show their character VS Arty's and whatever his name is. Thanks, Kelowna! (110)

Milestones https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3213651
+2 TPE

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2022, 10:47 PM by Steelhead77. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE - Verification word: Parm

2. Written, up to 4 TPE -

I think both teams are deserving of being in the finals this season, Atlanta's done a great job and it's awesome to see them get there. That being said I think Chicago's experience wins out in this series. Experience often is more valuable in the end than youthful exuberance but I think it will be a good series and if Atlant does lose no doubt they will be back soon

Hard to say because I don't know the exact tactics both teams are running, but I'd probably try something with slowing the tempo of Atlanta's game, aiming for more control of the puck and less giveaways. That said Chicago may just be stronger and gets a lot of takeaways, so if I found that nothing I tried to worked I would stick to what got me there in the first place.

I think special teams always play a role in any series. The team that gets the most powerplays usually has an edge, especially if they are good on the man advantage. Even if they dont capitalize it sometimes changes the momentum of the game. So if one team is less disciplined and gives up a lot of powerplays then yes discipline will play a role.

I do think we will see that again. If Chicago can roll a strong balanced attack of 3 lines and 3 D then I think it will ultimately win out over Atlanta sheltering their [i]weaker lines or lines, I have no idea what their lines are just assuming from the question they are playing line 3 low minutes.

I've won both as a GM and I'd have to say both are special in their own way. If I had to say which was more prestigious it'd have to be the SHL's Challenge Cup because it's the premier trophy of the top league in sim hockey. Everyone wants to win at the highest level and that's what the Challenge Cup is, a reflection that you won at the top level in sports. A GM Career that has no challenge cup is incomplete in my opinion, where a GM career that has no Four Star Cup could still be considered good because you're job as an SMJHL is not only to try and win a championship but almost equally important is to develop members to become long time members of the league and enjoy their experience. Of course that's also part of the job in the SHL, keeping your players active, developing and having fun, but in the J it's often people's first time in the league and you are the one making the first impression on them, so can have success in other ways in the J imo outside of winning the Four Star. Also the tpe gap is smaller in the J and you can only do so much team building with turnover ever 3-4 seasons, where in the SHL you have to build a team to win and the tpe gap is larger, players more talented, etc. I was in I think three Four Star Cup Finals as a Junioir GM in 4 seasons, won once. Was in I think 9 Challenge Cup Finals as an SHL GM and won 6, so to me the Challenge Cup is the hardest to win and most prestigious.

6. Written, 3 TPE

The perfect line for Esa Parmborg would have to be a line that I played on in my career when I had b2b 79 point seasons (I think-cant remember). I think the line was Barry Batsbak-Esa Parmborg-Mikael Choybuk at forward with Brennan Kennedy Jr-Otis B Driftwood on defense. This line worked incredible because it had a two-way high offense strong defense center in Parmborg, a high offense playmaker in Batsbak and a speedy pure sniper in Choybuk. The chemistry was great and all 3 players are among the all time leaders in various categories in Dragons history. On defense we had Brennan Kennedy Jr who was an offensive defenseman, all time leader in points for Dragons defenseman and a physical bruising old school defensive defenseman in Otis B Driftwood who is near the top in hits and blocks for Dragons D. This was really an awesome line and I enjoyed both making it as  GM and playing on it as a player.

21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE

If I could choose a piece of hockey equipment to imbue with "Materia" it would have to be my skate blades. I would give them some kind of special power that made them create more push or speed on every stride so I could reach max speed even faster and have ridiculous accelleration. It would allow me to blow by defenders when carrying the puck, get back on defense when backchecking and get to every loose puck. Basically super speed. It wouldn't be noticeable on my gear since it's metal and a small part that makes contact with the ice, would fly under the radar. Maybe some kind of new super powered steel skate blade or imbued with dormant energy thats activated when it makes contact with the ice. These would be Bauer skates because that's what I always wore in real life when I was a slow defenseman dreaming of speed.

22. Written 2TPE - Be nice.

Doing a bonus task because i didn’t see this at first and want to say nice things about TWO people who have really stepped up in Calgary and done a great job as the new Dragons GM’s. @Muerto and @DarkCanuck29 you are both great quality people and members, have great attitudes and the right mix of working hard on the management end but keeping it light and humorous in the room. Really appreciative of you guys stepping in when the team needed someone and continuing to do a great job leading us today. Thanks very much for taking such great care of the franchise I love so much. Keep being yourselves and having fun!

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Code:
CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

3 TPE- Verification: Snarf

Code:

2 TPE- Milestones Claim: Here

Code:

3 TPE -  If I've said it once, I'll keep saying it over and over again. If I wanted to create the best line possible I would take the starting line-up from the S47 Four Star Cup winning Anaheim Outlaws. All 5 skaters in their prime would have over 2k TPE making it the 10k line. Straight down the middle you have Martjin Westbroek taking faceoffs and taking names. On the right wing you have myself, Collin Gibbles, stealing pucks and feeding our offense endless apples. On the Left Wing would be Lallo Selman, the unexpected sniper who knows how to fill the net. Now that the offense is settled, we move on to the back end of the ice. Starting Defenseman Mathias Seger knows how to throw his entire body into the hit and is not afraid to lay his body on the line to stop a shot. Paired with Seger is Corey Kennedy, the man, the myth, the legend. Add all of this to legendary goalie Tibuk Soonika and baby you got a stew.

Code:

3 TPE - While I think it seems like the less likely option, in my opinion the Four Star Cup is more prestigious as an award. From the player perspective, you only have a short window to try and win this award, compared to a much more lengthy career chasing the Challenge Cup. You have to have just the right group of players to win the Four Star and with the lack of player movement in the J, it is much harder to get that winning combination since you mostly have to do it through the draft. As a GM you likely have an easier path to being a competitor for the 4 Star but sustained success and multiple wins in the SMJHL is a lot more impressive to me personally. It is really hard to avoid the competing cycles of the J so being able to stay on top is a hard task. While it is no easy task to win the Challenge Cup, once you become a top team, you will likely have a much longer window of being a contender.

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Ruthless Capitalist (150 words min.)
Someone that looks like the Monopoly guy just gave you two million dollars and a two year deadline to make the SHL a growing and profitable business. What do you do with that seed money to make this an online platform that facilitates you milking as much money as possible from the users? ALTERNATIVELY, if you don’t want to be malicious, what would you do with 2 million dollars to improve the site and make it the best sim league in the world?

3 TPE - 2 Million dollars is a hell of a lot of money. Honestly if I were going to use it to improve the site, I would likely do something extremely boring like stick it in an standard yield investment portfolio or even just a bank account to collect interest. If invested and seeing the average return of roughly 6% through the DOW, that 2 Million Dollar nest egg will generate 120,000 dollars per year. That is life changing money by itself and with that we could pay for 2-3 people to be full time administrators/coders as well as using parts to pay for freelance artists and other services as applicable. We could afford the best hosting possible for the site to avoid untimely errors or site breakdowns when possible as well. Above all it would likely give Teddy fewer headaches than he currently has to deal with on the back end of the league.

Code:
I’ve seen this prompt used from time to time and I think the end of my first full season as PT director is as good of a time as any. Use this 100 words to give a compliment to someone in the community that you appreciate! Whether it’s a friend, a GM, a PT director, or one of those amazing folks that designed the card website– try to make someone smile with some kind words!

2 TPE -

I'm going to choose to shout out my good friend @notorioustig. We've been decently close friends since both of us were GM's in the SMJHL and we continue to share a great friendship to this day. It doesn't matter if it's playing D&D with our group or sharing dumb memes over PM's, we always have a good time. The amount of late night conversations we have had over the most inane topics are something I treasure. While we have never been on the same team, I know Tig is always there to shoot the shit about the league and life in general. After all, who else is going to be there to bounce wild theories about the MCU inbetween simping for Wiscussy?

16/16

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]