Create Account

S65 PT #5: Day With the Cup

Getting to take the championship trophy with you for a day is a time honored tradition in the SHL. That cup has seen some things, man. Probably some things that aren’t child or family friendly. Also likely it hosts some sort of exotic bacteria colony. Is it against the spirit to have it professionally cleaned? Anyways, when it’s Miguel Hefeweizen’s turn to have the cup for a day he’s going to have a fun time taking it around to see all of Miguel’s favorites. Gonna see his favorite restaurant where Miguel eats (his mother’s, of course.) Obviously later on its going with Miguel to his favorite bar where his friends and family will all be. Miguel will take it with him to probably see the locker room of the gym where Miguel trains during the offseason. If Miguel is lucky, its going to watch over him as he takes some chick from the bar home and.. Oh I forgot this is a family friendly place. At any rate, while Miguel is definitely going to have some fun with it he wants to make sure all the folks who have supported him get a chance to see it.

197 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Written Task

In S19, the Four-Star Cup took a back seat on a night of alcoholic festivities. The Vancouver Whalers, completing another back-to-back for the stories franchise, racked up an incredible bar tab that might be impossible to do with the same amount of customers if it had not been a hockey team celebrating another championship. That's not to say the Four-Star Cup didn't have its moments, as it most certainly was flaunted throughout the night, but the much larger champagne bottle was the focal point of the night. The Ace brand of champagne sells a $100K known as Midas in which the team partook in, and this massive bottle instead was carefully passed around and closely guarded by the team as Keepers of the Bottle. Besides the typical drinks taken from the cup, the Four-Star was mostly left to itself tonight as the guest of honor, however after such a night it seems like a miracle that it made its way back home in one piece or at all.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

My day with the cup would be a quiet one, probably disappointing a lot of you who have amazing celebrations planned. After many grueling seasons of letdowns and frustration, having the cup all to myself for a day would bring a feeling of peace and relief, and I'd want to cherish that by bringing the cup home, sitting on top of a hill somewhere, and remembering all the work that went into putting my name in the history books, but this time without the pressure of the game weighing down on me. In either of these two leagues, the drive to win pushes people more than anything else, and so much gets sacrificed along the way that you can forget the little things that get you there. Sure, I'd take the cup to my local rink, show it off to the kids and take pictures and sign autographs, but sitting on a hill just outside of town, with a beer in hand and the cup next to me would be the part I remember most.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Code:
What would your player's day with the cup look like? Would it be a wild and crazy whirlwind party around your home town? Is there a coach or a teacher or a parent you'd want to visit? Maybe an important place to your player? Maybe you'd just like to sit next to it on your deck and listen to nature. I don't know! You tell me! What would your player do during their dream day with the cup. (150+ words)

The last time Strom was able to hold up a championship cup was in Season 52 as part of the Anaheim Outlaws when they clinched the 4-Star Cup.  If he were ever lucky enough to garner a Challenge Cup win, his day with it would most likely end up being the same as it was with the 4-Star.  It would be spent at home, in St. Louis while first making a stop at Scottrade for a bit of a photo op, then it would hit the Gateway Arch, Busch Stadium private suite for a game and then out for a night on the town.  There would also be some time just at home, probably early in the morning admiring it and marveling at it over a good cup of morning coffee.  This of course, would be a stark contrast to that night where it would be the focal point at the hottest club in town.

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Code:
Player Prompt
If we won the cup and I get to spend my 24 hours with the cup would start with a party and a meet and greet in my town. Everyone in the community would be able to come out and meet me and get their picture with the cup. Now this would only be part of the day though the next part would be the party. Now it would be a blast to drink out of the cup with all my closest friends. I would likely fly out to a massive cabin at the lake with my close group of friends and we are going to have some fun! That will be the real party! Now to throw some shade and have some fun here I would ensure my boy @CementHands who has had a hell of a career but unfortunately been unable to secure a cup. I would ensure he would finally get to touch and lift the cup even if he didn’t win it with his team. Now lets go get one this year! 

WC:179

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

PLAYER PROMPT: If Lias had his day with the cup (which he will eventually, it's not a question of if but when), he would take it back home to Visby and set it up in his moms' sandwich shop there, right in the front window so people could see it walking by. It would draw in a whole lot of business and make it the most famous sandwich shop in all of Sweden and then his moms would be able to hire a couple more people to work in the sandwich shop now that Lias is off in North America playing hockey and his sister is going to be starting to look at universities pretty soon. Lias would invite all of his friends from back at home and all of the people who are in Visby for vacation to come by and get a picture with the cup, and it would be a tremendous boost to business (which is already pretty good during the summer).

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Mat Smith had a pretty quiet day with the cup compared to a lot of other players. The first thing he did was take it to the dog park and fill it up with water, letting every dog drink from it as they went by. After he got home he definitely took a shower with it though he claims he didn't, and took a nap next to it as well. After he woke up he went to his friend's new baby's christening, where their baby was actually baptized in the Challenge Cup. The evening was a bit of a different story, he went to another friend's party, and long story short, when everyone woke up the next morning the cup was somehow inside an inflatable beach ball at the bottom of the pool. Still to this day nobody knows how they managed to get it in there but thankfully the ball was airtight and there was no damage to the cup.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

PBE PT

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

Player Prompt

If Harry Carpet somehow managed to win the Challenge Cup before his inevitable retirement that would be a huge deal for him in the first place and nothing that could easily be hidden from people back home in Finland. Everyone would want to see the Cup, so he would have to plan things carefully. However, since Harry isn’t a person that likes giant crowds, the day with the Cup would be a relaxed day probably near their summer house with the ‘important’ people that helped him with his career along the way. That includes his family of course, but also select friends. They would have tons of food and drinks and simply spend a nice day together. Celebrating an achievement with important people is more meaningful and memorable than going on a road trip with the Cup and doing all kinds of crazy things. That is something the younger guys on the team can do.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Player Prompt Written Task: After Mats Marner won the season sixty four Challenge Cup he celebrated his first ever championship win by taking the cup back to his home town of Lviv Ukraine and he wanted to spend every second he had with the cup. For his first stop since Marner’s family owns a pierogi factory in Lviv, Marner put a batch of perogies in the Cup and ate them. He also brought the cup everywhere he went that day doing a meet and greet with locals, eating out at a fancy dinner with his family with the cup, driving it in his convertible car around the city, bringing it to the washroom and to do a television interview. Marner even showered with the cup and went to bed with it alongside his girlfriend. For his day with the cup Marner was not going to allow it out of his site no matter what the circumstance was.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Player Prompt

While Paul Binder loves to go crazy and meme all over the place in the locker room, he knows that that taking the Challenge Cup home for 24 hours is a privilege only a very small number of people get to do in their lifetime, he would not waste this moment doing something completely stupid with it. He would take it back to his home in Vienna, Austria. His first stop would be to his uncle's house, the very same uncle who originally took him to a hockey game as a kid igniting Binder's passion for the game since. He would then opt to drink a few Stiegl's out of the cup, as-is tradition. Aside from this, he would have a chill day with it showing it off to friends and family, take it out to a public plaza in downtown to let some of the local fans get their selfies, and just have an all-around good time with it.

WC 165

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

My day with the cup would be to go around the town with it and to drink from it like all the other hockey players have. I will be careful with it unlike some people have been with the cup. I want to make sure that it is the best day of my life but I have yet to reach that point I feel like I will do that eventually. I want to have that parade and feel important but it is what it is I want that win and do take the tours with the cup as other people have im getting older. And waiting patiencely for that first cup win but it will come eventually. I believe in my team and will continue to do that as we go through the ups and downs as a team to get that cup win. Here's to that moment in the coming years.

153 words

Written Task: What would your player's day with the cup look like? Would it be a wild and crazy whirlwind party around your home town? Is there a coach or a teacher or a parent you'd want to visit? Maybe an important place to your player? Maybe you'd just like to sit next to it on your deck and listen to nature. I don't know! You tell me! What would your player do during their dream day with the cup. (150+ words)

I come from a community that is, quite frankly, rabid about hockey.  There isn't too much else to do in the winter !!  So, Rinky's day with the cup would commence with a small parade so that everyone would get a chance to see the cup.  The parade would be real short as Rinky's home town is only 4 blocks long !!  The short parade would end at the home of Rinky's Dad and Mom where Rinky would p[lace the cup between him and his dad while they tilted back on some porch chairs and would share a sip of the "good stuff".  From there the cup would find its way to Rinky's house where there would be no shortage of BBQ and beverages.  Anyone who would want a photo of Rinky, the Cup or any combination thereof would be able to do so.  Finally the Cup would say "Goodbye" and move on to its next destination.  The party, however, would continue.

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

Creative prompt:

Fun fact, the current challenge cup model is not the original cup, it's a replacement that was made following the events of the post season 51 cup celebration.

When the Hamilton Steelhawks won their cup in that season, everyone had their usual day with the cup, but on the last day of the celebration tour, they had all the players gather on a private yacht and have a big party with the cup. Playoff hero Geezus Kryyst drank large amounts of various alcoholic drinks out of the bowl of the cup, and eventually had to pass out on the yacht because of it. Dale Miller was able to sit inside the cup bowl because he is very small, and it made for a viral photo out of the event. Finally, young Steelhawks Gabriel Johnson, Skao Anazibf and Jagger Fouquette inexplicably battered the cup with various blunt tools, before Johnson decided to toss the cup overboard into the water, where it was never recovered. Johnson had to pay a large fine to the league to replace the cup, and to this day says he has "no idea" what possessed him to do that. (193 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

PBE affil. name: fr0stis https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=464954

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska