Create Account

Joseph Weston hangs up skates, goes exploring

I can be a bit wordy at times, just look at any of my announcements. I considered making this one just a few words, but I’d really like to thank a few people.

To Montreal/Carolina, especially Fuzz, Trella, Sloth, Rich, Fiddler, Fitted, z0rem, Lane, Rykov, Babs, and hell I probably missed a few people given how big our MTL rookie class was. To not only get a Four Star Cup with that many rookies, but to then get another back to back, those runs were unparalleled. Everyone from those runs was so special, thanks for being such a great locker room. I can’t imagine a better way to kick off my sim league career. To Esa & Calgary, man, who would’ve known one Amon Amarth sig would’ve led to all this. Calgary was a fantastic place for me, and y’all have a special locker room. I’m sorry I couldn’t get a Cup for us, but I think you guys are in a great spot and have a bright future ahead of you. Keep it up, Dragons! To Wally & Toronto, I know I didn’t spend much time here, but the time I did was special. I was really looking for a change of pace to reignite my drive, and this did it for me. Thank you, Toronto, and thank you Wally. Los Angeles, it was weird to finally end up here, and I’m glad I did. I think I mentally wrote off the chances for Weston to ever get a Cup, and that proves just how great my predictions are. That S65 run was nothing short of magic. You’ve all been a fantastic group to get to know, and I’ve appreciated my time here so much. Thank you all, :pantherhype:. And lastly, to J HO, I never thought I would’ve ended up here. Even when I was an intern it really gave me a sense of purpose, and it's given me an outlet to help the League. It's made me feel like I've had a chance to really make a difference, and I hope my time spent here has made things better for the J and the site as a whole.

I guess just some general notes about Weston as a player. I originally intended for them to be someone always in the right spot at the right time, and they ended up being far more of a player willing to fill in wherever needed. Started RW, moved on the wings as necessary, almost became a D, ended at C. As of posting, final award count of two Four Star Cups, a WJC Bronze medal, a Laurifer Trophy, a Vyacheslav Onoprienko Trophy, S53 SHL All-Rookie team, an IIHF Gold medal,1 J All-Star game and 4 SHL All-Star games (Also made it in as both East & West at least once which is neat), and a Challenge Cup to be the 100th Triple Gold Club member. Career stats as of posting, 1885 peak TPE, peaked 5th highest S50 TPE player (If only because everyone else retired), 1044 games, 337 goals, 438 assists, average +/- of +16 (+291 altogether), 1 (rebranded) J team, 3 SHL teams, 1 IIHF team, and only one terrible attempt at regression we don't talk about.

So with that, that's all for Joseph Weston.

[Image: weston4.png]
Thanks to Ragnar for the epic graphic. Fun fact, with this retirement I think only one unretired player to ever play with the Montreal Militia remains in the League

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

_/
It was a pleasure to be your teammate for a brief moment in Calgary.

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

stick taps. great player, amazing person

RIP

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway

Congrats on a great career! o7

(no howdy as an introduction for once?)

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Happy retirement! We were glad to have you in TOR, even if it was only for a short time.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

08-08-2022, 01:00 AMACapitalChicago Wrote: I can be a bit wordy at times...

So with that, that's all for Joseph Weston.

Let's start with thanks for being wordy! So many folks have gone the other way that it's a nice change of pace.  Heart

And to the matter at hand,  Joseph Weston leaves behind a tremendous legacy of achievement that will not soon be forgotten! Congratulations, you should be very proud!!  Cheers

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!

there will be retirement cake.

[Image: retu2.png][Image: iihf1.png?ex=65bcbcc0&is=65aa47c0&hm=800...d5443e8a9&]

Congratulations on a great career, ACap! Best of luck in the next one!

_/_/_/

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Another S50 hangs em up. Great career!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

<3

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Much love buddy <3

[Image: Wally.png]

no i cry

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Great career!

_/_/_/

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

What a fuckin legend!

_/_/_/

I look forward to collecting a Weston HOF card

Congrats on the career! Excited for the new player!

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]