Create Account

New Challenges 2X First Media
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2022, 01:50 AM by Caleb. Edited 3 times in total.)

As a first-gen user, I joined this league going in entirely blind. I had no idea how to earn TPE, or how anything worked. Just after I joined the league, I had two teams scout me. At the time I didn't know that goalies had very little to no matter when it came to earning. Teams didn't have top priority in goalies either. A day or two passes and I get messaged by the Co-GM (at the time), of the Quebec City Citadelles, @Faelax. Obviously I was super stoked to join, ready to make new friends and overall have a great time. Little did I know the amazing times ahead. When I first joined, I was greeted by the Head GM (at the time), @Evok, Flex, and almost half the other roster. My goalie partner, who then had turned into be one of my closest friends, @RAmenAmen, had taken me under his wing. He showed me the ropes and how to grow my player. QCC had come off of a finals appearance in S64 against the Newfoundland Berserkers, a team at the peak of its dynasty. My player sat on the bench for most of the season. But I had gotten a couple of starts here and there. QCC was aiming for their second ever Four-Star Cup. They had not won since S58, when they played the Anchorage Armada. QCC was definitely favored to be one of the top teams in the J, but a challenge appeared. The Detroit Falcons were having a record braking season, but our team had no fear. People I looked up to as leaders and kept QCC's passion alive, like @Valpix, @Shylo_Moxii and @The Roope Hintz Effect, all kept their spirits high and were ready for the challenge. QCC had been one of the stronger teams in the league, earning themselves a first round bye in the process. I have never experienced SHL playoff hockey before, but I was ready. Also I would like to add that I had a horrible rookie season. I had not known how to earn TPE or anything, but thankfully Evok, Flex and Ramen were able to help me. QCC defeats STL in the Quarterfinals, advancing them against, you guessed it, the Detroit Falcons. QCC had attempted to put up a good fight, but in the end, they lost to the eventual cup champs...

Off-season comes around, and I was drafted 45th overall by the San Francisco Pride. They have an amazing locker room full of nice people. I was welcomed by all my soon to be teammates in the SHL, but I still have a lot of work to do in QCC. I still have 3 seasons left in Quebec until I'm fully ready for the big leagues. I do have some of my teammates though on my SHL team. @Keven and @boom are both on my Majors team and I will hopefully be able to get a chance to play with both of them in the big leagues. 

Season 2 comes around, and QCC is the absolute favorites now to win the Four-Star. The only bad part, their run for the cup has to come with a new engine in FHM8. This wasn't going to stop us though, we had a shakey first half of the season, with a below .500 win percentage. But we picked up the pace in the second half and finished 5th in the league with a first round bye. The Nevada Battleborn are proving to be a tough opponent, dominating in every aspect of the game up to the playoffs. QCC starts of this seasons post season with a 4-1 series win over the Regina Elk. The 2nd round comes along, and they are playing the red hot St Louis Scarecrows. They had just come off of defeating a 3-1 series deficit against the Vancouver Whalers, and they had taken the series in Game 7. QCC would battle it out and eventually win the series in 7 games. But now it was time for the real challenge, the Nevada Battleborn were heading into the finals with a 8-0 record, and hoping to go 12-0. Well, sadly, these events happened. QCC would fall 4-0 in the finals...AGAIN... for the second time in 3 seasons. It seemed so instant. The pain and sadness I had felt as that Game 4 OT Dagger sealed our fate. It wasn't the loss of the game that hurt more, it was the teammates I would be losing in the off-season. @RAmenAmen, @The Roope Hintz Effect, @Valpix, @mcgriddleluver, and the person that got me into where I call home, @Shylo_Moxii. I want to thank all of these people for supporting me along the way, it's truly been a great 2 seasons in the White and Blue. I will always cherish these moments, but now it is my time. I will have to take the wheel of starting goalie with Justin Time being called up. Am I ready for this? Only time will tell. But all I know is that QCC has a very long road ahead of them. But I'm ready for the new challenges ahead. I cannot wait to see all my former teammates shine in the SHL. I will always look up to them and cheer them on no matter what. I cannot wait for the day I get called up to player alongside and against these teammates as well. My career has only just begun, but I'm excited for what's ahead.
Code:
938 Words

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

Incoming legendary QCC goalie right here!

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

you got this my man!

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

You’re more than ready to take the reigns of QCC’s net! 
Maybe SFP too before you know it

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Good luck in Québec, make our city proud!
It will be tough for you next year with all the players going into the SHL, you will see a lot of action!

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Im excited to have you between the pipes full time now.

Ill do my best to keep the puck in the offensive end for you, but I know youve got our back when its not

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]