Create Account

S67 PT #1: Media Mogul Due: September 25th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

PBE Affiliate

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium

I am used to the spotlight, so I love being in front of the cameras. I really can't get enough of it. When the team asks, I show up and deliver high quality content. My past as a mascot prepared me for being in front of thousands of fans, often being the center of attention due to some zany or theatrical bit. When people think of the Inferno, I want my face to be one of the first ones that comes to their mind. And what's the best way to do that? By getting in front of the camera early and often. It actually got so bad that they started trying to crop me out of videos to get others some screen time. I took this and ran with it and ended up hiding from most videos for about a month. Here or there I would photobomb a video (is that called videobomb?) and the fans of the channel would try to find where I was hiding.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

HOCKEY PROMPT -

My favorite hockey writer or analyst is Marc Denis, from the montréal Canadiens French coverage. He also participates to english stuff. Marc Denis is a well tought, well speaking sir and exprimates completes opinion and judgement that are backed on various elements, always. It is never emotion based or simple provoking 1 liners. He is also capable of being funny and witty, and is humble in sharing his own NHLer experience and how he can relate (and as such how comon people can try to relate as well). I like that he headed a committee about suggestions on how to reform the youth hockey experience in Québec, I feel he had the passion and the inteligence to lead such committee and it indeed came out with simple missions and recommendation for the youth hockey organisation around the province. He is not afraid to tell his colleague that they are jumping into the easy comments or into false asusmptions, and he generally avoids targeting players individually based on such assumptions. HE is analytical and sticks to facts when doing his commentray.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2022, 03:31 AM by Henrik.)

HOCKEY PROMPT -

I do read some of it. I used to subscribe to the athletic but honestly its all more or less the same to me. There is very rarely any unique content, its usually just rehashing the same old stories over and over again. And that isn't a specific peak at just hockey media, its the same for most sports media. There just isn't all that much to talk about unless you are dissecting specific games or players. I generally enjoy those kinds of articles the most. Stuff like history articles or dissecting teams and players. And scouting obviously. I think most people really enjoy draft media and scouting reports just because its something new, you never really know what you are going to see or hear which makes it exciting. I'm not sure I have a fix for making sports media more interesting. I think it mostly just comes down to oversaturation of a fairly niche topic so you are bound to have a fair bit of really boring but well written pieces. There are only so many times you can write about McDavid being very good or Matthews scoring goals before it gets boring.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Hockey Prompt 

As a British fan of a certain age, getting hockey news is infinitely easier now than it was when I started getting into it, both the NHL and even the British league system was difficult to follow. You could get your NFL fix via First Down magazine at the time but there was nothing similar for hockey. Nowadays, there is not only so much general hockey content, there is so much that will be geared towards your own team. I’m a Flyers fan, I know that sucks right? Things like the Broad Street Hockey site on SB Nation, which covers pretty much all American sports and has separate sites and content teams for each team, make it so easy to immerse yourself in what’s going on around your team, even if it is just constant injuries to your best players. And personally, with an hour commute at the start and end of each work day, podcasts are a huge part of how I get my hockey news and consume content, particularly from the aforementioned Broad Street Hockey team.

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

Player Prompt

Paul Binder's always been a sort of goofball, as are many players on the Atlanta Inferno. Paul Binder wouldn't actively try to be THE player taking over Tik Tok or other social media, but he would definitely be appearing in them regardless. It would start with something simple, skating around in the background, giving quick waves to the camera, etc. Over time though, this would evolve into more silly moments such as falling on his butt while skating, getting into a fight with the ATL Inferno mascot, shoveling popcorn into his mouth and spilling it everywhere. Binder has always been of the mindset that a fun locker room where the guys can goof around and be themselves is the best kind of locker room that will lead to success, and he would definitely be portraying that in these clips. If he ever took over Twitter or something more text-based, he would likely just tweet out one-word tweets all the time (as you can see on his SHL Twitter page majority of the time).

WC - 177

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

Rhys is a little too old to really understand how Tik Tok works. But he's really active on twitter weekly. Mostly talking about his team and personal ups and downs throughout the season. He really enjoys posting gifs and reactions to other people's tweets.

Recently, Rhys was asked to log into the Argo's twitter for a takeover. He spend the day going through his game day preparations and pre game warm ups. He also conducted some player and coach interviews. The one that got the most fan engagement was an interview with the strength and conditioning coach where he went through some of the drills that the Argos do to keep in shape and to warm up for games. This included Rhys doing the drills and being berated for not doing them right or for dragging his feet.

Overall Rhys's Tik Tok content would have been better suited to youtube or twitter, but he did have some help from the team's social media team to incorporate some fun sounds and memes from the platform.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

Player prompt

Julian Flörsch is absolutely 100% part of Gen Z. He doesnt just appear on the Falcons Youtube, Twitter, Snapchat, and Tiktok, he's actually actively promoting himself and his team on social media and the internet.

Julian runs a very succesful OnlyFans where he airs behind the scenes Falcons content. Ranging from practice to pregame and social events, Julian provides the home crowd with an insight in the daily life of a Detroit Falcons player.

Apart from his own routines he also often collaborates with fellow Falcons players and staff on online interviews, favourite training exercises and a hardest shot competition with a new entrant every week. He also often shows up on other hockey player's, Falcons and non-Falcons, social media to generate more subs for his own page and help grow the SHL social media community.

The money this page brings in from its subscribers is used to finance the annual charity game between the current Falcons and Falcons Alumni.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

ISFL PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Luc Blouin is not one for media attention but these days it is really hard to avoid. Everything you do now a days is recorded or live streamed. Walking out of the house to grab your mail? Bam, photo. Buying a starbucks? Bam, recorded. Teaching your kid how to ride a bike? Bam, live streamed. It is really unavoidable at this point, but even with all that happening Luc still tries to get out of the spotlight. He is often found walking with the equipment managers from place to place instead of with his teammates to avoid the media. Sometimes he even just out right hides from them in the closest place available to him. He was once found by a teammate in a pile of jock straps just trying to avoid an interview. He is definitely a pleasant enough guy to talk to if you can get him into a chair to talk, but finding him first is always the hard part.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

PBE Affiliate

Hockey Prompt

To be honest, I do not enjoy most of the hockey media that comes out these days. However, what I do like is some of the more analytically based reporting, versus almost all of the reporting from the "old guard" as one could call it. Being a fan of the Vancouver Canucks, there is not much positive to take away from the team over the past ten years. However, some have clearly championed a failed method of building a team in the media despite the results that were obviously going to come. However, when some of the more analytically minded reporters in Vancouver such as the reporters from the Athletic rightly criticize the failures that the Canucks' management team have made, yet some fans perceive this as just being overly negative. However, is it not warranted to have criticism of the team that has had essentially no success for a decade after being one of the top-run organizations in the league?

[S78] #14 C | Jon Garfield
[SMJHL] Regina Elk

[S58] #72 LD | Shion Okamoto
[SMJHL] Newfoundland Berserkers | Former Captain | S60, S62 Four Star Cup
[SHL]  Chicago Syndicate | S64 Challenge Cup
[IIHF] Team Japan | S60 Gold

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

PBE Claim

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page