Create Account

S67 Championship Week Due: November 6th @ 11:59 PM (PST)
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2022, 02:19 PM by Carpy48. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

verification word: redcarpet

+3 TPE

Code:
Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Tough to Swallow (150 words min.)
In your opinion, who was the best SHL or SMJHL team to NOT win the Challenge Cup / Four Star Cup? Who was on that team, and why do you think they deserved to win it all? What round did they lose in and how? Was it bad luck? A hot opposing goalie? Inexperience?

Looking at S67: If you ask ME that question the answer is pretty obvious. The answer is my team: The Toronto North Stars. Just look at how our players performed during the regular season. Much better than anyone would've expected actually. We were the best team in the East (I can't remember that ever happening since I've been on the team), the season's top scorer is from our team and four of the ten 10 players in points as well. We were the highest scoring team in the regular season because of that reason and had the highest goal differential of all teams in the league, too. Of course, we deserved to win the Challenge Cup this season. It's the one thing we all want. It's the one thing I hope to get every season, yet so far… it's never worked. We simply ran into a hot goalie in the second round. Bad luck, sometimes this happens. Not much you can do against it.
(164 words)

+3 TPE

Code:
Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Hotel Rooms (150 words min)
During the playoffs it’s not uncommon to have to spend several days on the road in the same city. Whether you’re in the playoffs or not, who does your player share a room with on the road? What do you get up to? Are you the type to drag around a PS5 everywhere you go, or are you the first to hit the bar after the game? Are you a night owl or an early riser?

This has changed quite a bit over the years just as my team mates have come and gone over the many seasons. It's always an adjustment when you had your fixed road game roommate and then that person retires, gets traded or leaves for whatever reason and you need to adjust to someone new. This season I've mostly shared a room with Ville Kurri. The choice was easy, we're both from Finland and we both know when not to talk the other person's ear off. Despite not being teammates on Toronto for that long, we've played multiple IIHF tournaments together before, so we know each other. And no, I don't drag a PS5 around, that's what a Switch is for. It's portable. So is a french press by the way for emergencies when the hotel room coffee sucks (it usually does). At some point you're much older than most of your teammates so I often go to dinner with the non-party people and then have an early night. Sometimes even with friends I have on other teams.
(177 words)

+3 TPE

Code:
Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones here

+3 TPE

Code:
Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Round Up (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! Are they up and coming? Win now mode? Entering into a re-build phase? What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around?

Yes, hello. Finland fed head here, let me tell you about our IIHF team. We won the gold medal last year. And two years before that. Oh and two years before that too. We don't want to wait another year, so we plan to win gold this year and break that pattern. That are pretty much our expectations. I guess since we're exactly the same roster as last tournament, we could say we're pretty good right now. Expectations for my player are relatively low right now since I demoted my player to backup goalie and will watch most games from the bench. Hopefully win all games I play, that's all I can hope for. Other than that - we have our typical rivals to watch out for: Canada, Sweden, surprisingly also Norway and probably Switzerland. There will always be some other surprises so let's wait and see. It will be a great tournament, come to Prague and watch us.
(159 words)

+3 TPE

Code:
Code:
22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, We Should Start a Band! (150 words min.)
Hockey is no longer in fashion, we’re doing music now! Choose a couple of friends from around the league to form a band with! Who do you choose, what instruments do they play, and what kind of music do you all make together? As a graphic task, show me your band together performing in their home arena.

Actually... would it be cheating if I picked up an idea that's a little old already, but where we had this topic once before? We had a quintuplet band. If you don't know who those people are, let me explain first. We were five players all from S47 that joined on the same day so we were kind of the quintuplets and if we were a boy band we'd be Sum 47 or...something like that. Not important. Some of them are already retired, but the full list of people including their instruments were: Hotdog a.k.a. Eko van Otter as lead singer, SDCore a.k.a. Corey Kennedy as guitarist, bbjygm a.k.a. Slap McShotty as bass player, Julio Tokolosh as background dancer (yes, a cow!) and somehow… I ended up as drummer. If you need to know more about this, find Julio’s detailed explanation in this thread. I somehow feel like this answer is cheating, but it’s still good. Greetings to my quintuplets here.
(161 words)

+3 TPE

---
16 TPE

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

CW Pass

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

ISFL Affiliate /// 2.5 tpe

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: image.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2022, 08:21 PM by slothfacekilla. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

Code:
a. Seattle is back in the finals for the second time in a row. While last season was an unexpected run led by a miracle goalie performance-- this season's appearance comes at no surprise to those who watched their offseason closely. What roster changes do you think have put Seattle in this position again? Do you think it's enough for them to finish the job this time around?

The Seattle Argonauts made an offseason splash with a big trade with the Los Angeles Panthers which landed them their leading scorer this past season in Luukas Lilja, veteran scorer Jimmy Wagner, and defensive star Jonas Wagner.  It was a huge trade that added a lot of talent to the team and made their team very deep.  It is no surprise they ended up in the finals and I think they have enough depth this season to win it all.

80 words +1 TPE

Code:
b. Manhattan has charged from a ninth place regular season finish to an Eastern conference championship and a shot at the Challenge Cup. I don't think that it's out of line for me to say that not many saw this coming. How do you think they got to this point? Who's performing better than expected? Do you think they have enough gas to complete the Cinderella run?

It looks like their forward Lev Lebedev is having an insane playoffs with 43 points in 27 games which is just an unreal performance for the Rage and probably a huge reason they are in the finals.  Name Redacted also has a save percentage above .920 so that is huge for the team too, showing that they can stop pucks as well as score.  I am not sure they have enough in the tank to win it all though.

79 words +1 TPE

Code:
c. At this point in the playoffs, Manhattan has played four more games than Seattle. With the schedule as tight as it is in the playoffs, do you think that extra hockey will affect them? Could it be a positive that MAN has been in a near constant routine of game days while SEA has seen a bit more rest? Or do you think that wear and tear will start to show on MAN if this series goes to 6 or 7 games?

I think this will be an advantage for the Seattle players because it will let them rest their bodies a little bit more and the Rage players may break down from too much damage in the playoffs.  I think rest is key in the playoffs for any team so the more the better for sure. Luckily this is a sim though so we can't even get injured.

67 words +1 TPE

Code:
d. In many ways this seems like a battle of who can stay hotter longer. Both teams have PDO ratings as high as 110 while barely having any players that dip below 100. Seattle and Manhattan are both on absolute heaters of strong goalies and high shooting percentages. What do you think is driving this, and who do you think can keep it going longer? Who comes out on top?

I think this just shows that nowadays in the SHL you need a little bit of luck to make it to the finals.  I do not know if there was one specific driving force behind this or it just happened that these teams got key bounces more often than other teams.  I think it will keep being a surprising playoffs but the sim is going to have to choose one team to be unlucky here so it will be interesting to see who it is.

85 words +1 TPE

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Song of the Playoffs (150 words min.)
Every season the NHL buys the rights to a song that they edit their playoff promotional materials to. This season we’re doing the same thing for the SHL! Pitch me your “Song of the S67 Playoffs”! Who sings it? Why do you think it would make a good hype song?

If the SHL were to buy the rights to a song for the S67 Playoffs they should really buy the rights to "YMCA" by the Village People.  Now you may ask, "Sloth why would we pick such an outdated and sorta lame song to represent the marketing for the playoffs?" Well you see I put a lot of thought into this.  In the song YMCA the lyrics reference the word man a lot and with Manhattan in the playoffs they could show a highlight from them every time the word man is said in a song in a commercial.  Then in the chorus every time they say the letter C we could put the word "sea" up on screen and show a Seattle highlight.  It is the perfect tie in for both of the teams in the finals and people could really get going dancing to it at the games.  Just don't think about it too hard and it is genius!

161 words +3 TPE

Code:
In your opinion, who was the best SHL or SMJHL team to NOT win the Challenge Cup / Four Star Cup? Who was on that team, and why do you think they deserved to win it all? What round did they lose in and how? Was it bad luck? A hot opposing goalie? Inexperience?

In my opinion the best SHL team that did not win the Challenge Cup this season is the Philadelphia Forge because well, I'm on the team.  I also know that we have the best roster around even if we may not have the most TPE compared to some of the other teams around the league.  But we were seriously robbed when were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs.  We also pulled off a reverse sweep after the sim gave us some bad luck in the first few games of the series.  Then after BASE PACK played a few decent games with the Forge playing great in front of him, BASE PACK laid an egg in the elimination game and was a huge reason that Philadelphia was unable to advance to their rightful place to win the Challenge Cup.  Hopefully we have gotten all our bad luck out of our system with yet another early playoff exit and we can look to go on and win it all next time.

171 words +3 TPE

Code:
During the playoffs it’s not uncommon to have to spend several days on the road in the same city. Whether you’re in the playoffs or not, who does your player share a room with on the road? What do you get up to? Are you the type to drag around a PS5 everywhere you go, or are you the first to hit the bar after the game? Are you a night owl or an early riser?

BASE PACK is still a young rookie in the league so he is roomed up with another rookie in Ricky Koivu for most of the road trips. Usually only the veterans are getting solo rooms even though BASE PACK tried to argue with management that he is just a pack of cards and they can lay him down in a pretty small single room and he wouldn't take up too much room. They disagreed sadly. So BASE PACK usually just wants to get some rest when he is on the road in hotel rooms, and luckily Koivu is respectful of that. There have only been a handful of times when they have stayed up and partied too late (maybe BASE PACK did that in the playoffs when they lost). BASE PACK will usually want to wake up early so he can do whatever it is that a pack of cards would do all day. Hopefully he can get his own room in the future seasons just so he can say that he made it as a veteran.

177 words +3 TPE

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, You’re Weird (150 words min.)
During long playoff runs or exceptional mid-season winning streaks players have been known to do some crazy things in order to keep the luck going. What’s the weirdest superstition your player or someone in your locker room has? Did it actually work?

Well I usually tend to do this in real life in a way with sim sports so I will write about it from that perspective instead of rambling about some made up BASE PACK nonsense. If my team loses a game in the playoffs while I am watching then I won't watch the next game that they play in. If they win the next game then I am banished from watching games the rest of the series because I am deemed bad luck. If we lose again then I am allowed to tune in for more games in that series since it was not my bad luck that made us lose that first game that I watched. I would think that this superstition would reset in the next round but lately we haven't been advancing to the next round in the playoffs so I have not really been able to test it out. We will see if I get this to work in the future and we can move on in the playoffs for once!

175 words +3 TPE

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2022, 09:40 PM by .Laser. Edited 2 times in total.)

S67 Milestones 3/16

Code:
TASK 3 - SONG 6/16
The song of the playoffs that I will be presenting is quite niche so I don't know quite how accepted it would be, but if we get the radio version, I could see it going over quite well. My choice is BEEN BROKE by Tobe Nwigwe. I discovered this song right before my beach trip a few months ago, and I think that it has the exact kind of vibe that you would want playoffs to have. It's an unconventional beat that employs the use of hi hats, trumpets, some off-beat action, and 3 different features, leaving room for a radio edit rewrite that would be absolute perfection for the SHL radio station to take it, respin the lyrics a bit, and hand it back to be re-recorded, and the meaning and hype of the song would still be there exactly the same as it was before it was edited. It would also help support smaller artists and get more recognition as a supportive company. (165)

Code:
TASK 4 - TOUGH TO SWALLOW 9/16
The best team not to win the Challenge Cup was absolutely the Philadelphia Forge. Why the Forge? Weren't they one of the weaker teams in the league that continually get bounced from the playoffs in the first round, usually quite unceremoniously? Perhaps in the past, sure. But the Forge are a team that are truly coming into their own, and have been for a couple seasons. This season, the underdog, scrappy, "misfit" Philadelphia Forge took the eventual Challenge Cup runners-up Manhattan Rage to 7 games, and arguably should have won the series. There were multiple simmer errors that cost the Forge two games with the incorrect goalies in, and there was an issue with FHM that should have made the Forge have a home series and it ended up being an away series. Philadelphia is a force to be reckoned with and are still building and climbing, and their rings are going to be upon us very very soon. (159)

Code:
TASK 6 - YOU'RE WEIRD 12/16
The strangest thing that I have seen be a part of a superstition to help a team win was to only scream on gameday. During days that the team played, and specifically within 5 hours of the game start and during the entire game, it was a requirement that the entire team talk only in caps and use absolutely no punctuation whenever and whereever possible. That team did end up winning a championship the first season they did it, and while it did not win them another championship as they stopped the tradition before they went back to back, it was a great hype method for the squad and helped keep everyone excited and engaged with the league. Beyond that, however, when I was a young boy on the baseball field, I would always tie my shoelaces as tight as possible and always on the inside of my foot. For example, the knot would be on the left side of my right foot and vice versa. That never did much but I did have some very good seasons. (178)

Code:
TASK 18 - PROCRASTINATOR SPECIAL WRITTEN 14/16
Seattle ended up being the victor of the Challenge Cup this season, and I don't think it was a super big surprise for anyone that this was the case. They had one of the strongest squads out there, and punctuated their series-sealing win with a 12-1 sendoff of the Manhattan Rage. I do think that the Forge were robbed as I talked about above, and I do think that Winnipeg should have made it farther than they did, but overall I think that the playoffs were largely fair. FHM8 does seem to be about the sim that everyone expected, and despite some testing rumors, it's seemed to create a much more enjoyable experience for the league. (116)

Code:
TASK 23 - SOMETHING NICE 16/16
@sköldpaddor is one of the hardest working and most dedicated members to the site that the SHL has, and the SHL is lucky to have her. @Acsolap is a gem of a GM and has done a fantastic job leading the Forge alongside @honkerrs and @KaleSalad to the place where they are today and the place they are rapidly approaching. @Sburbine and @SFresh3 have been awesome as update heads and have been patient with all my questions while I got acclimated. And the Philadelphia Forge locker room in general has been an absolute pleasure to be in. I haven't been around it as much because of commissionership and escapism but I do greatly enjoy it and want to get more involved again as soon as I can. (127)

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2022, 02:16 PM by Tylar. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Sad

3/16 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Seattle is back in the finals for the second time in a row. While last season was an unexpected run led by a miracle goalie performance-- this season's appearance comes at no surprise to those who watched their offseason closely. What roster changes do you think have put Seattle in this position again? Do you think it's enough for them to finish the job this time around?
I would say it is obvious what was the main thing that put the Seattle Argonauts of the Simulation Hockey League over the top this season; it would be the addition of forward Luukas Lilja who scored 55 goals and 46 assists for 101 points leading the team to victories and leading the second highest scorer on the team by 22 points which is crazy. (65 words)

b. Manhattan has charged from a ninth place regular season finish to an Eastern conference championship and a shot at the Challenge Cup. I don't think that it's out of line for me to say that not many saw this coming. How do you think they got to this point? Who's performing better than expected? Do you think they have enough gas to complete the Cinderella run?

I would say the Manhattan's miracle run to the finals this season is largely due to their forwards Lind, Speedwagon and MVP candidate Lev Lebedev. These forwards put up big point totals for the Manhattan Rage which has helped propel them to the finals and would be a massive reason they win the cup if they do it. Not to be outdone, goaltender Name Redacted has put up a .921 save percentage in the playoffs. (75 words)

c. At this point in the playoffs, Manhattan has played four more games than Seattle. With the schedule as tight as it is in the playoffs, do you think that extra hockey will affect them? Could it be a positive that MAN has been in a near constant routine of game days while SEA has seen a bit more rest? Or do you think that wear and tear will start to show on MAN if this series goes to 6 or 7 games?

I do not believe games played in the playoffs matter all that much. I guess they could be a little tired and their conditioning could take a hit, but at the end of the day these players in the Simulation Hockey League are top tier athletes and can handle this workload. While it may be tough. I do not think it presents an advantage for the team who has played less games.  (73 words)

d. In many ways this seems like a battle of who can stay hotter longer. Both teams have PDO ratings as high as 110 while barely having any players that dip below 100. Seattle and Manhattan are both on absolute heaters of strong goalies and high shooting percentages. What do you think is driving this, and who do you think can keep it going longer? Who comes out on top?

I would say that the Seattle Argonauts can probably keep it up longer due to having been here before but also having the fire power throughout the lineup, not to say Manhattan doesn't have the fire power but Seattle was in a similar position last season. I am not sure what drives this but both teams have strong top players driving the offense so that could be why! (68 words)

7/16 TPE

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3280416

TPE: 10/16

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/8...nknown.png

TPE: 11/16

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Round Up (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! Are they up and coming? Win now mode? Entering into a re-build phase? What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around?

My predictions for this seasons IIHF Championship in the Simulation Hockey League is going to be similar to how last seasons results ended .I am not convinced there will be much change over in how teams perform. I believe Sweden will roll over the competition once again as they have a strong team. I suspect teams like Finland and Austria will be strong again, along with Norway. Some teams that may have a better showing than previous seasons include Great Britain, United States of America and Japan. These former top nations had a rough tournament last season but seem to be in rebuilds. Out of those three nations I would say Great Britain has a good chance to come back out from the bottom. Overall, I predict a Sweden gold place finish, Finland silver place finish and Canada bronze. I feel like it will be an interesting tournament and the top spot is likely Sweden's to lose but we will see how they perform this season.  (166 Words)

TPE: 14/16

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about season two of FHM 8?

I would say for myself the fact that the Seattle Argonauts made it to the Challenge Cup Finals of the Simulation Hockey League is not that surprising. The General Manager of the Seattle Argonauts made a lot of big moves in the offseason acquiring star players who helped lead the team to victory. I am surprised the Manhattan Rage made it to the final because most would have expected the Atlanta Inferno or Toronto Northstars who were both the top teams in the Eastern Conference this season. This seasons results showed some of the top teams on paper were but also it appears some teams just got lucky and had lucky seasons too. Overall I am still unsure if there is much difference with FHM results but I just won a cup so yeah, hehe.  (135 Words)

16/16 TPE

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

CW GM pass

[Image: banes.png]

Cw pass

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Code:
Every season the NHL buys the rights to a song that they edit their playoff promotional materials to. This season we’re doing the same thing for the SHL! Pitch me your “Song of the S67 Playoffs”! Who sings it? Why do you think it would make a good hype song?

Prompt number three: 3 TPE, Song of the Playoffs (150 words min.)

As any true fan would know, reverse retro is all the rage right now in the world of professional hockey. So in keeping with this popular trend, I'd like to propose a reverse retro tune from the mid eighties as our official playoff song! "Lovin' Every Minute of It" by Loverboy encapsulates everything we're trying to capture from the will, the drive and the excitement of SHL playoff action! It's all about celebrating the fastest game on ice and encouraging both players and fans alike to enjoy each and every moment of scintillating playoff pandemonium!

Just listen to these lyrics and imagine these words and sounds as our exclusive intro to exciting SHL playoff action:

"I'm not a man or machine
I'm just something in between
(Whoa-oh, whoa-whoa)
I'm all love, a dynamo
So push the button and let me go
(Whoa-oh, whoa-whoa)

Aah, you want me to come alive?
Flick the switch into overdrive
You and me can let it be
Ready (ready), aim (aim), fire

Touch that dial
Turn me on
Start me like a motor
Make me run
Lovin' every minute of it (lovin')
(Lovin' every minute of it)

Turn that dial all the way
Shoot me like a rocket into space
Lovin' every minute of it
Lovin' every minute of it
Lovin' every minute of it (C'mon!)" 

Music Video: Lovin' Every Minute of It

Quote:244 Words | +3 TPE

Code:

Prompt number four: 3 TPE, Tough to Swallow (150 words min.)

The best team to not win the Four Star Cup? I'd have to say the defending champion Nevada Battleborn. After finishing third overall in the regular season, and thereby earning a first round bye, the Battleborn cruised through their second round series on the way to victory in just five games. From there Nevada advanced to a semi final showdown against the surging Maine Timber.

Coming in, the smart money was on Nevada, especially after the Battleborn jumped out to a quick 3 games to none lead in the series. Having taken such a commanding stranglehold, it looked as though the defending champs were primed to advance to the finals, but against all odds, the Timber never quit and went on to post four consecutive wins to take the series in a electrifying reverse sweep!

For Nevada, they were left having to deal with the disappointment of allowing a three game lead to evaporate into thin air, nevertheless one thing remains certain, the Battleborn will regroup and be back better than ever!

Quote:186 Words | +3 TPE

Code:
During long playoff runs or exceptional mid-season winning streaks players have been known to do some crazy things in order to keep the luck going. What’s the weirdest superstition your player or someone in your locker room has? Did it actually work?

Prompt number six: 3 TPE, You’re Weird (150 words min.)

"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!" This famous battle cry from Friday Night Lights begs the question, just what exactly do we fill our hearts with? The answer, for us at least, is love or more specifically the energy of love. Which is, an actual frequency in the emission spectrum. Now, many may consider this to be little more than metaphysical mumbo jumbo, but if you've ever experienced it for yourself, you'll likely agree nothing could be further from the truth.

So the ritual becomes that of vibrating at a high enough frequency to send heart energy to the ice. (Or in our case to the FHM code). It's about establishing an energetic connection which supersedes and transcends time, distance and physical barriers. We become one with the ice and influence it in a positive fashion so that it begins to work for us rather than against us.

The longer we maintain this connection, the more in sync the two vibrations become until eventually they mirror one another on the same frequency. Once we attain this level of integration we can begin to bend the nature of reality to match our own hopes, dreams and desires. This occurs as reality recognizes our connection and fully aligns itself with energy that is fully alike to its own. The energy becomes one and the doors of resistance are broken asunder.

Quote:240 Words | +3 TPE

Code:

Prompt number seven: 3 TPE, Milestones

Link to: S67 SMJHL Milestones

Quote:+3 TPE

Code:
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about season two of FHM 8?

Prompt number eighteen: 2 TPE, The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)

I chose this prompt because I've been known to procrastinate from time to time, although I generally excuse it away as merely considering all the viable options. Wink Be that as it may, there were definitely more than a few surprises in the playoffs this year, not the least of which was Maine battling back from a three games to none disadvantage to win their semi final series in seven! Even with my crystal ball freshly polished, I can honestly say I never saw that coming!

Also, the second season of FHM 8 was in my view an improvement over the debut campaign in a number of respects, including a greater sense of parity and fewer highlight related glitches.

Quote:132 Words | +2 TPE

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Say Something Nice (100 words min.)
I’m not sure when we did this last, so that probably means it’s a good time to bring back the positivity prompt! Tag some other folks on the site and let them know why you appreciate them! Could be a GM, a friend, a department head, anyone! The goal is to make someone happy.

Prompt number twenty three: 2 TPE, Say Something Nice (100 words min.)

The responsibility of being a general manager in the JHL can often be both a difficult and thankless task. First there's the time commitment, second the leadership and diplomatic skills needed to keep everyone on the same page. And don't forget about the ability to organize and develop a winning roster! When things are going well, everyone loves you, but the moment the team begins to struggle, everyone starts to second guess your every move.

With this in mind, I'd like to send out a great big bouquet of flowers to Maine Timber general manager @SouthPaw. If ever there was a more supportive and friendly manager, I certainly haven't met them, and I'd like to personally thank SouthPaw for his tremendous guidance in leading Maine to become one of the elite teams in the J!

Quote:150 Words | +2 TPE

Quote:Grand Total = 16 TPE

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2022, 02:25 PM by sulovilen. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
triviayes

Code:

Hard to know exactly what is driving the high PDO's, but the playoffs being as short as they are, the teams who make the finals are bound to have high PDO's and high shooting percentages. If your goalies aren't performing well and your shooters get cold, you probably get eliminated quite early. Just because Seattle was consistently winning more in the regular season, I'd personally put my money on them keeping it going on longer and eventually winning it all.

Code:
2 TPE

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE, Fall Fashion
Some players like to make a statement with this clothing on their way into a game. Is your player known for this? Show me your player walking into a game in their craziest outfit. Is it some weird costume? A full designer getup? Something else entirely?
[Image: WDwZZm5.png]

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE, Biased
Before this season’s hockey cards got printed you were able to get your hands on your own cards design! Time to make a few… favourable changes. Depict what your player’s hockey card would look like AFTER your player was able to make any changes they wanted. What totally real stats do you include? What 100% true facts do you print on it?
[Image: vgt5xaB.png]

Code:
12. Graphic, 3 TPE, Spooky Season
It’s not every season that we have a CW running right over Halloween! To celebrate this momentous occasion, depict your player in a horror movie of your choice! Are they a clueless victim? A conniving killer? Maybe a grubby little monster?
[Image: TDnPM12.png]

Code:
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/
Looks more like a Dali painting, but that's why it's cool.
[Image: gFR2ClF.png]

[Image: sulov.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2022, 10:10 AM by Raven. Edited 5 times in total.)

Code:

Wack

+ 3 TPE

Code:

Kawashima is a real creature of habit. He has one rule, he sleeps in his own room. Ryuuji is a bit of a light sleeper and in the past when he has shared a room with other people, he has woken up multiple times in the night, which has been crucial to his fitness. He also gets up at 7:30am every day. He starts his mornings with a light jog and a hearty meal to get the day started. For relaxation he can go a few ways. He will always have several Magic the Gathering decks on him and will find whoever wants to play with him. Ryuuji is also a big fan of bar games. Darts, fussball tables, pool or snooker. If a hotel or a bar in the area has one, Ryuuji will want to play on it. There is also the matter of food. Kawashima has a private chef, who cooks the food just to his Kawashima's liking, which helps him hit the perfect amount of nutrioun.

[171 words]

+ 3 TPE

Code:

For this one we are diving all the way back to the SMJHL season of S27. During this time I was part of one of the most cracked teams ever, the Montreal Impact. While this team would win the cup in S28, S27 was a season they absolutely had the manpower and drive to win a cup as well. However in the end the Colorado Mammoths were too strong for them in the finals with a scoreline of 4-2.

This team had everything, a mix of young player and smjhl veterans. Between the pipes they had one of the best goalies ever Matt 'The Floodgates' Lewis-Flood. Sniper extraordinary Raven Silverwing, there was the assist machine Hannu Hamalainen. I wish the indexes were up to see all the others, but damn is going back through these names nostalgic to me.

Listen this was an amazing team and the fact we didn't go for the double in S27 and S28 is mental.

[160 words]

+ 3 TPE

Code:

Milestone claim

+ 3 TPE

Code:

Hey Seattle won the cup, that might or may not be the first time in the history of the league they have won a cup. Congratulations. My team, the Winnipeg Aurora, ended up playing Seattle in the semi finals. In a silly 6 game series they ended up being a bit too strong for us this year. So in a way, not too bad as we lost to the eventual cup winners. Playoffs we're pretty good actually. Nice mix of high and low seeds winning. Gone are the days that only 2 teams had even a shot at winning the cup. Now everyone seems to be in the running for a cup, which is nice.

[115 words]

+ 2 TPE

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Say Something Nice (100 words min.)
I’m not sure when we did this last, so that probably means it’s a good time to bring back the positivity prompt! Tag some other folks on the site and let them know why you appreciate them! Could be a GM, a friend, a department head, anyone! The goal is to make someone happy.

I am going to tag @Eggy216 I dont know if you still frequent this simulated hockey hellscape, but hey you are a good egg hah. I remember the good ol' days of NEW LR, that shooter game we played, that time we worked together at a pizza place and amazingly fast took 20 orders and supplied 50 boxes and who could forget the days of Speed Run 4. Level 13, shout out to Eggy, this one is for you kid. So yeah, I hope you have a great day and I know there were very exciting things happening, which is awesome. All the best eggman.

[105 words]

+ 2 TPE

Total: 16 TPE

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2022, 08:41 PM by Crunk. Edited 7 times in total.)

Code:

trivia

+3

ISFL Affiliate

+3

Code:
22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, We Should Start a Band! (150 words min.)
Hockey is no longer in fashion, we’re doing music now! Choose a couple of friends from around the league to form a band with! Who do you choose, what instruments do they play, and what kind of music do you all make together? As a graphic task, show me your band together performing in their home arena.

Well, I'm far too white to form the SHL rap supergroup I would want to, so I guess we have to be a 3-piece grunge band.

I'll be the frontman and on guitar. What can I say, I'm an ego on a stick and I can thrash out some power chords irl. Hey, grunge means I don't have to be particularly good at singing or music.

On bass, it's got to be @Z-Whiz. We make a good team, but I have form for taking the glory for our collective work, so bass is perfect for him.

On drums, I would have to have @.simo. Dependable, team-oriented and often angry, he's the perfect person to have holding the sticks and driving things along.

You know how I said we were a 3-piece? Well, only 3 of us will play instruments. The band Happy Mondays noticed a guy dancing, off his face on drugs, at their early gigs. The band made him an official member to dance on stage, and occasionally gave him some maracas to make him a musician. That, for us, would be @Sebster. He knows why.

+3

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Speedrunning (150 words min.)
Speedrunning is a huge movement in the video game world, and frankly I feel like the SHL is falling behind in this department. Pitch me a few different speedrun categories we could have in the SHL. Take it seriously! Or don’t! Is there any actual potential in this idea, or am I silly for suggesting it? As a graphic option, depict your player as a Twitch streamer going for a world record in the game of your choice!

Obviously you can't complete the SHL, so speedrunning would have to be tweaked a bit to make it work. I've seen someone in another league try to speedrun playing for all of the teams, and boy oh boy, that did not end well.

I think the only way speedrunning can be adapted to sim leagues is with player/GM milestones.

I'm still "on the way up" in my first SHL career, so I don't really know what numbers are appropriate to be attainable with effort, but difficult to do quickly.

Fastest to 1000 points?
Fastest to 500 goals?
Fastest to 100 fights won?
Fastest GM to 500 wins?

You get the idea. That's the only way to speedrun a league really, and let's face it, the word "speed" is being used very loosely there. Keeping track of that sort of speed milestone would be cool, but let's face it, you probably aren't going to be invited onto the stage at Games Done Quick.

+3

Code:

Well, this is a hockey league, and though the SHL is definitely an international setup, hockey is most commonly associated with Canada. Who is the most famous band from Canada? that's right - we're using Nickelback. What song, though?

I feel like the one that is most suitable for the league is Burn it to the Ground, because that's what half the GMs in the league tried to do when Finn took over as commissioner with ideas for ridiculous concepts like league balance.

Also, and I am about to lose a lot of musical credibility here, that riff slaps. The first 22 seconds of Burn it to the Ground have the makings of a good song, before Chad whatever ruins it with his standard scumbag vocals.

It's hype as fuck, it's slightly ridiculous, and any SHL playoffs hype package would have to feature a few members of my beloved Atlanta Inferno, if that's the song they're using. You'll be humming that riff for weeks.

+3

Code:

Milestones

+3

[Image: crunksig2.png]

CW Pass

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2022, 11:50 AM by mer. Edited 8 times in total.)

Code:
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

ISFL Affiliate
different username: myrrh

3/16

Code:

froggie

6/16

Code:

We're going with Late Night Talking by Harry Styles because it's a new song and it's a bop. It's got some good chill vibes that the marketing people can make smiley, comfy videos to of the teams and the players. I'm talking low lights, little smiles, and smoke and slow turns. All that good stuff. It's not a hype song necessarily, but that's okay! Games go late, you can especially use this song to advertise those, and it's got good noises for clips and transitions. And, actually, it's a pretty good hype song! Especially the chorus, you can use that for the rivalries and highlight reels from past games. It's a good song to use, way better than As It Was and Music to Listen to in a Sushi Store (I think it's called that), but still a good popular one that could probably make the rounds on TikTok and Instagram. Everyone will have it stuck in their heads by the end of the first series, guaranteed.

167 words

9/16

Code:

Since draftee buddies Jeff Larson and Jesper Aittokallio share a room on the road, Aksel usually goes from person to person. As captain, he sees it as his responsibility to help anyone who's homesick, disappointed after a game, nervous before one, or just feeling under the weather. As someone who's been abroad for most of his life at this point, he's desensitized if not immune to being away from home and the aches and pains, both physical and mental, that come with that. He'll keep an eye on his teammates, and swap rooms as needed. He's stayed up all night watching movies, he's gotten takeout and spent all night talking about nothing, and he's just kind of been there for people who are having a rough time. If everyone seems like they're doing well, he'll bunk with Anton Harrier and they'll watch stupid movies and see how long they can dribble pucks on their sticks.

155 words

12/16

Code:

Aksel has his usual coffee with cream and sugar tradition, especially on game days, but he went a little into overdrive during the playoffs. On the first day of the first game, he went to a neighborhood pizza place that was family owned because it had good reviews and got a slice of pepperoni. It was really good, he left a five star review, and went to the gym. Then they beat Philadelphia that night. So he had to go back before the next game with the same order. For road games, he'd hit up the pizzeria the night before or the day of if his flight was late enough. They'd started making slices just for him, with small pepperonis in the shape of a bull. That kind of ruined the tradition and messed up the ritual, but it was sweet so Aksel didn't say anything. He's still going to that pizzeria in the offseason, just a little less religiously.

15/16

Code:
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/
[Image: unknown.png?width=250&height=250]

16/16

BONUS MILESTONES +0 TPE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO but post#69 nice. pls consider giving .5 teeps for this incredible feat ty

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2022, 02:46 PM by erikvm. Edited 15 times in total.)

Code:

I don’t care which league we use this song for, it has to be used as the playoff hype song every season, for both leagues. The song is called The Winner Takes It All by Abba, the 1981 mega-hit that hit number 1 worldwide. The song is about how the winner takes it all during a divorce, and it’s hard to find an amicable solution even in the most civil of divorces. Who gives a shit about the deeper meaning of the song, Agnetha says the Winner Takes It All about 7 gazillion times during the song, and during the chorus with the orchestra in the background would hype even the most manliest man up for Abba. We make our own interpretation of the song, the winner takes it all meaning takes all the glory, all the rings, and the trophy held over their head. If you disagree, it’s okay that you’re wrong, Abba is the greatest band in the universe. Next question.  3 TPE
[Image: UwFAoBW.png]

Code:

Bobby. 2 TPE

Code:
I think the best team to not win the Four Star Cup was the Regina Elk. Their entire team was stacked to the brim, with a young rookie goaltender flashing the pads, with the top defense in the league, and 2nd most points in the league, and yet they were a 2nd round exit, which is even worse thinking they got a 1st round bye. Were they cold? Kind of, the main reason they lost, unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your views of coaching in FHM/SHL in general, was because the opposing team, the St. Louis Scarecrows, shifted their first line down to the third line and changed the minutes played, to avoid the game auto matching lines. I see both sides of the argument, but I definitely think this was a bit cheesy and not indicative of the way we want the league to go in the future. St Louis did everything they could to win and I respect them for it, but I think the better team lost because of an exploit. If the Head Office has to get involved and make a decision on the issue, maybe don’t do that kind of stuff in the future? 3 TPE

[Image: Jodyzhg.png]

Code:

Bobby McGinnis does not share hotel rooms, he may be assistant captain, but when he is off the ice and out of the locker room, he needs some personal space. Now he is not against hanging out with his teammates and pals at the hotel, going to the hot tub is a must in any hotel, that much is for sure, but having his own space is important to him. What if when he goes down to the bar, he meets a beautiful woman at the bar, words don’t need to be shared, one look into her eyes and they both know where the night is leading. After racing back to the room, holding the beautiful woman’s hands as they can’t hide their excitement, he opens the hotel room door to see a rookie in his underwear playing Wii sports bowling, desperately trying to reach for the stars and bowl that 300. The mood is shattered now, because we all have to put on our wiimote straps and try to put this rookie in his place. That’s why I need my own hotel room. 3 TPE

[Image: 6g5BN9T.png]
Code:

SMJHL Send Down Milestones 3 TPE

Code:
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! Seattle has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about season two of FHM 8?

After the offseason Seattle had, even a new player to the game like me knew that they were the clear favorites to win it all, after having a bit of a cinderella run last year to the cup finals, they went all in on talent to try to win the cup this year, and the gamble paid off, happily for me I might add, because I picked them to win it all at the start of the year, so woohoo me! I was surprised at Manhatten’s run for the cup this year, they were one game away from winning it all as the 9th best team in the league, this is definitely something they can build on and show the league they are favorites to win next year. 2 TPE

[Image: KQH5cFI.png]
16 TPE Total

[Image: HjWsKHU.png]
Signature by @enigmatic

[Image: ohmEd0h.png] [Image: apAE8qn.png]