Create Account

S67 Championship Week Due: November 6th @ 11:59 PM (PST)
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2022, 06:27 PM by Zombiewolf. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Hi

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

MILESTONES LINK

+3

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/

A Seattle hockey player making dangles on the ice during the fines +1

[Image: YHUzjeV.png]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: q
Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3282442

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2022, 09:55 PM by Asked Madden. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Plumb (3)

2c. I don't really know if the extra 4 games in the playoffs will have effected the team. Obviously in real life it may have but I'm not sure if you are aware if this - this is a sim game. And not a very good one. Who knows if this is taken into account

7. Milestone (3)

20. A championship leek is many things, however the key section is aesthetics. You aren't going to win any championships with an ugly leek. 
The first criteria is colour - the perfect leak has a gorgeously white stalk with a green hue as you get towards the tip top.
The second criteria is length - it goes without saying, in the leek game, the longer ya fella, the better the leek. Now obviously length isn't everything... But it certainly helps.
The third criteria is the most important... Girth. You wanna win the leek competition? You best hope for a girth mamma jamma. 
Whilst looks are definitely the key contributor to the leek games, there is of course still the taste test. There have been some controversys in recent olympleeks where contestants from the Russian federation had been juicing their leeks. Introducing foreign tastes into the leeks. Sometimes going as far as to have cola flavoured leek. (3)

21. I think there are a good number of categories you could come up with for speed running in the SHL. 
First and foremost (and boremost) would be speed running a certain stat ie first to 100 fights. People would have to min max their builds to maximise the amount of games they scrap in.
Fastest to 1000 career goals
Fastest to 1000 penalty minutes 
Fastest to ___ you can literally do this with any stat.
That's obviously a boring option though.
You can do the same with multiple on site things. 
I know a good number of people who would love to compete in a any % speed run to getting themselves a forum ban. I can imagine Zayn having a good crack at that.
If someone in the banking team would like to speed run me a rake of cash directly into my bank account that would be lovely as I am flat broke. (3)

22. If I was to start a band in the SHL it would be a very small Sea Shanty band.
It would consist of myself @Amidships and @ZootTX on a mixture of percussion, fiddle, vocals & harmonica.
We would play a mixture of classics and brand new songs.
Some of our fans favourites include:
Roll the old chariot
Old Maui
Barret's Privateer's
Our own songs have a hockey spin on shantys and include such classics as "A rainy night in NOLA", "The ol' Puck & Go" & my personal favourite "Checks, Hits & goals get the galls"
The three piece are available for weddings, funerals, birthdays & bah-mitzvahs. However they will refuse to play any form of corporate function as they don't believe in that nonsense. Their expertise can be bought with free bar tab and preferably some food if they are playing more than a couple of hours. They love it .

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2022, 09:50 PM by Kyamprac. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:

Verification: hoot

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Song of the Playoffs (150 words min.)
Every season the NHL buys the rights to a song that they edit their playoff promotional materials to. This season we’re doing the same thing for the SHL! Pitch me your “Song of the S67 Playoffs”! Who sings it? Why do you think it would make a good hype song?

I was recently at a hockey game where they played Sandstorm by DJ Da Rude and, despite the age of the song, people were really getting into it and jamming out. Maybe it was just the combination of the song with beer and epic McDavid play, but the whole mood in the arena was just jacked up and filled with positive vibes. So I guess if it works at getting people hyped for the NHL it's probably just as good for the SHL. Get people to bust out the neon track suits and bring a little more 1990s into the league and we've got an even more fun time on our hands for playoff season. Plus the song is like an hour long so you'll never run out of content to play at the whistles. And I imagine it probably hypes the players too. They may be younger these days but you know they recognize it too.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Hotel Rooms (150 words min)
During the playoffs it’s not uncommon to have to spend several days on the road in the same city. Whether you’re in the playoffs or not, who does your player share a room with on the road? What do you get up to? Are you the type to drag around a PS5 everywhere you go, or are you the first to hit the bar after the game? Are you a night owl or an early riser?

My player hates sharing hotel rooms. She'll do it when she absolutely has to, but if she's got the option (and she usually does) she takes her own room with a king sized bed and a view of the city. It's not that she hates people, it's just she prefers those few moments she gets to herself. Most of the time she's surrounded by teammates at the rink or hanging out with family or whatever, so she'll take whatever alone time she can get. Before heading to the hotel she loads up on crap food (she'll burn it off in practice anyways, it's ok). She might pop out again for dinner and a quick tour of the area or go for a night swim at the hotel or something, but for the most part she just keeps things pretty low key and sticks around the room in the company of games on TV or games on her laptop.

Code:

+3 TPE

Code:
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/

[Image: unknown.png]

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Championship Leek (150 words min.)
If you were the judge of a Leek competition, what would you be looking for? How would you choose the championship Leek? Aesthetics only? Is taste a factor for you? How do you weigh each factor in your decision? Tell me, in 150 words, how you would define the perfect championship winning Leek.

The best leeks are a nice dark green with a very straight firm stalk. The yellow wilty ones just won't do in this competition. Also to be a truly great leek, the bulb should be unblemished, meaning it has no bruises or cracks or anything like that. Thicker leeks also just look a lot nicer and "fuller" than the thinner ones so i guess that would be a criteria too. But more importantly than anything else, the best leeks have to be those that are accepted by Farfetch'd. If Farfetch'd refuses to acknowledge your leek, it doesn't matter how it looks, it's trash and shouldn't win anything in the competition. Without that bird's approval it's nothing and the person competing with that leek should be ashamed of themselves for even trying. Farfetch'd makes his approval or disapproval of a leek very clear, so it's not hard to miss when a leek doesn't meet expectations. The moment he turns his head, it's game over.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

Code:

+3 TPE - Milestones
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2022, 02:48 PM by The__Y-man__100. Edited 5 times in total.)

Trivia word: Yeet (3 tpe)

+3 milestones
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3282593

Task 3: There is only one song that can be named the best song of the SHL playoffs. That is the hit single by Hollywood Undead featuring the very famous band Papa roach and Ice Nine Kills and it is called " Heart of a Champion". this rock rap mix is electrifying to the ear and instantly pumps up any crowd listening to it. The message portrayed is that of overcoming intense opponents in a team fashion as one man cannot do it all. The band members have to stick together to "cross out the names" of those who challenge them and the story of an underdog is one that a lot of people can get behind. Not to mention each vocalist brings a unique story with the similar message of having the heart it takes to win and it is very clear that this message is what the SHL hockey playoffs are all about.

Task 5: Yukon arguably has some of the greatest home ice advantages in the entire SMJHL. The rest of the league is not use to the -50 weather and the dangers that lurk on the local land. Some teams are so scared t even leave their hotel room for fears that a polar bear might be just around the corner waiting for them. Local news stations were even reporting that the natives would purposely put food out near the perimeter of the opponents hotel to attract all the wild animals to surround the building. While this was never proven in a court of law, it was very visible during the broadcast that every opponent looked tired, stressed and distraught when playing in the Yukon arena compared to when Yukon would go and visit their opponents. The Yukon players had no issues with the wildlife as they have had team bonding exercises in the forest and all the animals are comfortable around the locals

Task 6: The crazies thing Yukon has ever done in the playoffs to keep the streak alive was on the night before game 7 in round one of the SMJHL four star cup. We knew going into the series Colorado was going to be one tough cookie. The whole league knew we were the underdogs in the series and frankly the vote was 50/50 on if we could actually beat the Raptors. But when Yukon had tied the series 3-3 the coach's and GM were not playing around. After contacting the natives and running some ideas by them, we ended up having an sacrifice ritual in the forest to please the hockey gods into giving Yukon their favor. Now of course the team knew if we did this now we could not do it again come the finals, but if you lose in round one I mean you do not go to the finals anyways. So after finding a sick Polar bear, the natives began their ceremony and would you look at that, Yukon wins a thriller game seven 4-3!

Task 2D: I am putting my money on Seattle to win it all. yes the stats go both ways and both teams are truly having a spectacular year, I think the new expansion team is going to have its moment to shine. After sweeping nd opponent and never going to game 7, it is clear that this Seattle team gets the job done

16/16

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

cw pass

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2022, 11:08 AM by Accka. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit.

- verif word: mayo

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE, Fall Fashion

Some players like to make a statement with this clothing on their way
into a game. Is your player known for this? Show me your player walking
into a game in their craziest outfit. Is it some weird costume? A full
designer getup? Something else entirely?

- https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1...n_drip.jpg

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE, Biased

Before this season’s hockey cards got printed you were able to get your
hands on your own cards design! Time to make a few… favourable changes.
Depict what your player’s hockey card would look like AFTER your player
was able to make any changes they wanted. What totally real stats do you
include? What 100% true facts do you print on it?

- https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1.../cw222.gif

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE, Now You, With the Weather!

As a community outreach opportunity, your player was asked to assist the
weather reporter on their big cool green screen for the day! Show me
your player helping with the weather report. Do they screw it up, or did
they do a great job?

- https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1...thercw.jpg

Code:
12. Graphic, 3 TPE, Spooky Season 

It’s not every season that we have a CW running right over Halloween! To
celebrate this momentous occasion, depict your player in a horror movie
of your choice! Are they a clueless victim? A conniving killer? Maybe a
grubby little monster?

- https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1...ovieCW.jpg

Code:

In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever,
we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known
as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a
championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room
celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL
related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun! 
https://www.craiyon.com/

- https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1...nknown.png

16/16

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

1.Trivia 3TPE
tarte

7.Milestones 2TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3281850

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2022, 11:58 AM by BarnabasCollins. Edited 7 times in total.)

SHL/SMJHL Finals

Code:

CW TRIVIA LINK Verification = FuckHamilton

Code:
Every season the NHL buys the rights to a song that they edit their playoff promotional materials to. This season we’re doing the same thing for the SHL! Pitch me your “Song of the S67 Playoffs”! Who sings it? Why do you think it would make a good hype song?

OK the ultimate hype song for this season's playoffs definitely has to be Tubthumpin by Chumbawumba. It is a perfect song for hockey players who are  not only known to be tough players but also notorious drinkers as well. He drinks a whiskey drink, he drinks a vodka drink he drinks a lager drink he drinks a cider drink. After games in the local watering holes you'll see many players doing exactly this or close too it. And the chorus of I get knocked down but I get up again you know you're never gonna keep me down is synonomous with the mindset of every Shl player. If your team is going to get anywhere near the cup this is in fact the mrntality the team has to take, to keep on fighting no matter what happens or how much adversity there is. So that's why I suggest Tubthumpin for this years theme, it's also a great sing along for the fans as well.

Code:
During the playoffs it’s not uncommon to have to spend several days on the road in the same city. Whether you’re in the playoffs or not, who does your player share a room with on the road? What do you get up to? Are you the type to drag around a PS5 everywhere you go, or are you the first to hit the bar after the game? Are you a night owl or an early riser?

Noone will share a room with Dusty Rhodes on the Armada. This is due to the fact he snores like a freight train. It must have something to due with the prodigious amounts of alcohol Rhodes consumes after games. He has a favorite bar in every smjhl city and whenever he's in town he spends almost every free minute in said establishment. Rhodes has a legendary drinking capacity and has been known to close down the bars practically every night. He drags himself back to the room at 3am and somehow his iron constitution allows him to make it to practice on time. Team brass isn't real thrilled with Rhodes but as long as he's performing they let him be. His teammates aren't very fond of the booze sweats that pour out of him or the piles of puke hidden in the corners of the rink but they tolerate him as well as long as noone has to share a room with him.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, You’re Weird (150 words min.)
During long playoff runs or exceptional mid-season winning streaks players have been known to do some crazy things in order to keep the luck going. What’s the weirdest superstition your player or someone in your locker room has? Did it actually work?

Dusty Rhodes has a pair of lucky boxers he wears over his supporter. They are of course polka dotted. When the Armada got on a roll it was suggested to Dusty that he not remove these boxers at all, even for a shower. That also meant not removing his supporter as well. The first couple days was fine but then a really funky odor began to permeate the Armada locker room. Everyone was trying to determine the source of the odor but noone seemed to be able to pinpoint it right away. Another couple days go by and the Armada are still winning. And the crisis of odor has become intolerable. Several players were seen vomiting after games and it was getting to the point where everyone went home to change and shower. Then they noticed Dusty limping around gingerly. He had developed a terrible rash around his cro6tch by not removing his supporter and could barely walk. The team immediately stripped him and tossed him into the shower. The team lost that night.

Code:

MILESTONES LINK +1 TPE - Milestones

Code:
22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, We Should Start a Band! (150 words min.)
Hockey is no longer in fashion, we’re doing music now! Choose a couple of friends from around the league to form a band with! Who do you choose, what instruments do they play, and what kind of music do you all make together? As a graphic task, show me your band together performing in their home arena.

For my band it would be a ton of fun to have a classic rock band with my Dragon buddies. The name of the band would be Snydely Whiplash. And of course with a classic name we would cover all types of classic rock from the 60s and 70s. To pull this off I'd need an older crowd. I would put @Steelhead77 on the mic. He pretty much sucks as a singer but I think he's too uncoordinated to play an instrument. @Slappydoodle would have to be our drummer. Every band needs a cool kind of off the wall guy to be the drummer and Slappy no doubt fits this. I'd have @Bonk on bass since he and Slappy have this incredible connection and they would be the driving force of our sound. @Muerto Kez on keyboards, just because they both start with a K I guess lol. And I'd have to be the lead guitarist of course. I would play so loud as to drown out Steelheads almost unintelligible lyrics.  This old timers band would be alot of fun and we could probably raise some good funds for charity.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

SHL/SMJHL Finals

Code:
Codeword: sadness

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, You’re Weird (150 words min.)
During long playoff runs or exceptional mid-season winning streaks players have been known to do some crazy things in order to keep the luck going. What’s the weirdest superstition your player or someone in your locker room has? Did it actually work?

Speedwagon would say his has worked pretty well. Sure, the Rage the usual superstitions going on - no one shaved during their entire playoff run. The oddest one Speedwagon had during the Rage's 27-game postseason was that he had to have fresh tea during each intermission. And he had to drink it wearing his signature houndstooth stovepipe hat that he totally didn't take from a dead man one day. He'd only just started doing this during Season 67, where he found it helped him relax and feel at home in the locker room. In any locker room, even, The helmet comes off, the gloves come off, and the kettle goes on. And if the visitors' locker room didn't have a stove (both dressing rooms in Manhattan has one), he would find a plug, put it on a portable hot plate and do it that way. And he has to finish the cup before they return to the ice, though he's used to it enough and he doesn't need that big a cup.

(171)

Code:

Milestones claim - 3 TPE

Graphics and Podcasts

Code:
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/

Next time...next time it will be mine...
[Image: e2SRBDI.png]

Procrastinators

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! Seattle has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about season two of FHM 8?

The West played out about as expected. The East was chaos and I loved it, even considering that I'm biased about how it went. The Cup Finals were also a pleasant surprise as that series came down to the wire. I feel pretty good about this season, and that it felt like we have something here that can break the cycle of monotony. It felt like just about anyone semi-competitive at least can make a deep run at it. The best team will still always have the best chance, but this made it feel like it wasn't an inevitability. Just the chance was all we needed, and we ran with it as far as we could. I'm excited for what next season will bring.

(124)

Beyond Prompts

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Speedrunning (150 words min.)
Speedrunning is a huge movement in the video game world, and frankly I feel like the SHL is falling behind in this department. Pitch me a few different speedrun categories we could have in the SHL. Take it seriously! Or don’t! Is there any actual potential in this idea, or am I silly for suggesting it? As a graphic option, depict your player as a Twitch streamer going for a world record in the game of your choice!

The Turd Ferguson trophy is one of the most dubious individual honors in all of simulated sports, and one of the most hilarious. In seasons past, players would easily rack up 100+ PIM, an average of a minor penalty per game. In the first season of the FHM era, Season 53, Shaquille Derisraka had a charge sheet that totalled 178 PIM in 50 games - an average of 3.56 per game. 36 players had a fight win or loss on their records. Times have changed, though. Players have gotten better at cleaner checks and hits. Fewer fights break out - only 13 players were charged with fighting this season. The Season 67 Ferguson "winner," Rand'al Thor, topped the charts at 60 PIM, less than a minute a game, less than a minor every 2 games.

So how do we make speedrunning getting penalties fun these days? Welcome to the SHL Speedrun - 10-PIM category. The rules sound simple - be the first to rack up 10 PIM. And you could do that in one go by getting a misconduct or game misconduct riding another penalty. But to make it more of a challenge, only minors and double-minors count. We don't have near as many people racking them up like they used to, so we had to set the bar low. Still, it might be fun to see who's the first to break double digits without getting a major or worse.

(236)

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Say Something Nice (100 words min.)
I’m not sure when we did this last, so that probably means it’s a good time to bring back the positivity prompt! Tag some other folks on the site and let them know why you appreciate them! Could be a GM, a friend, a department head, anyone! The goal is to make someone happy.

@Citizen of Adraa This past season was great with you at the helm of the Rage. I've been happy to have you as a GM to support us along the way. You've deserved every bit of success you've achieved so far, and I hope we can rack up more along the way.

To all my other Rage teammates, y'all have been great and an uplifting bunch once again this past season. I've been so happy we've finally been able to get back near the top once more on the ice, though I've been plenty happy enough just to be with you regardless of how the games go in the sim. If we don't ever get another chance at the Cup, I can still be happy to have played with you and to still shoot the bull.

(133)

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

Simmer Pass

Task 1. Trivia!

TASK 7. +3 TPE - Milestones
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2022, 11:49 AM by Bruins10. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
Affiliate PT 3 TPE

SSL : http://sslforums.com/index.php?showtopic...st&p=24748

Code:

Verification: Chicken

Code:

My guilty pleasure group that I personally love listening to is Nickelback. And they have one song that I find has really that hockey feel, one that I can imagine myself listening to in warm-up and telling myself "man I can not wait to light someone up tonight" and that song is Burn it to the Ground. It has already been used in the past in various sports video games like NHL 2010 and WWE Smackdown versus Raw in 2011, 2 games that have the same feel that I am going for, really that bad ass feeling that you want to hit people and hurt people and fight. With the playoffs being a tighter time for hockey, where mistakes are crucial and you battle more for the pucks in the corner and more fights occur, I think it is the perfect anthem for the playoffs this season. Also, I think most of the people will hear this song and have a connection to their childhood because it was in video games we grew up playing.

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE, Hockey History (150 words min.)
Tell me about an important moment or person in the history of your home country’s hockey program! This can be a real-life story or SHL related! Your choice! I want to learn some interesting hockey history from around the world!

Well, I live and grew up in Montreal. A town full of hockey history, mainly from the past, where the Canadiens had dominated the league and won many many stanley cups. My friends and I always talk about the hockey history we have here, and how crazy it is to think of the players that came out of my own city. I grew up in the same area that Martin Brodeur and Roberto Luongo grew up. On the surface, you tell yourself wow, that is 2 professional NHL goalies and NHL executives to come out of the same city and neighborhood as myself. But if you look deeper, you realize that 2 of the best goaltenders of all time came out of the same neighborhood, not just 2 journeyman that made a little living. The most all time wins in NHL history with 691 and 4th all time on the list with 489, Martin Brodeur and Roberto Luongo will always be names that hockey fans will know and remember. I personally believe no one will ever pass Martin Brodeur on the all time wins list and I can confidently say that I grew up a couple streets down from where he grew up.

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Say Something Nice (100 words min.)
I’m not sure when we did this last, so that probably means it’s a good time to bring back the positivity prompt! Tag some other folks on the site and let them know why you appreciate them! Could be a GM, a friend, a department head, anyone! The goal is to make someone happy.

With my other player going a little inactive towards the end of it, I have come back to join the community because of how awesome it really is. I have been lucky enough to join teams and locker rooms with great personalities and fun people to be around. People like @Ragnar @OrbitingDeath @hotdog @Merica @bluesfan55 just to name a few, have really made my return to the SHL a super enjoyable one and one that I stay active for. People like this will be the reason that Bruno Tooyo will have a successful career, that I do not miss Point Tasks and that I come on here and leave satisfied and having a fun time doing so.

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3283013
+3 Bruno Tooyo

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2022, 01:00 AM by Toivo. Edited 7 times in total.)

ISFL PT +3 tpe

Code:
7. Milestones
+3 tpe

Milestones

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
+4 tpe
A. I did think Seattle was primed for a the championship this season. Coming into the playoffs, Seattle looked strong and demonstrated that they were a better team than the finals appearing team they were last season. The changes that management made to the lineup proved to be enough to get the championship and make all the Seattle fans happy.
B. Coaching was able to really get the most out of their players in Manhattan. Taking a team that did not really look like a competitor from 9th seed to the finals is an accomplishment that deserves respect and discussion. Manhattan can not be counted out and Seattle has to respect them and their ability to finish out the Cinderella run, or else Manhattan will surprise them and accomplish that Cinderella run.
C. I think rest during the playoffs can be a worse for a team, and staying busy is a blessing in disguise. Taking days off to rest and watch the others play hockey can make teams soft and get a little too relaxed. Seattle will have time to rest and recover from some minor injuries, but in our league, is that really a big advantage?
D. Both teams have high PDO ratings entering the finals because they are all playing lights out hockey. The offenses are scoring and the goalies are playing hot. Players are catching lightning striking in a bottle and they are making the most out of it. Ultimately, I think Seattle can keep this rating going longer. I would not be surprised if Manhattan keeps it up, they are on a historic run and can’t be counted out.

Code:
+3 tpe

This song is going to be a little be unorthodox, but I suggest the Thomas the Tank Engine Original Theme Tune as the official song of the S67 playoffs. This song actually turns out to be quite a banger. It is a wholesome enough song that it should not offend anyone or get a whole fanbase upset about this choice. And to be quite frank, the whole train engine thing could lead to so many catch phrases and mottos or slogans for the playoffs. Which team will be the engine that never quit? I would love to see playoff montages for all the teams in the playoffs set to the Thomas the Tang Engine Original Theme Tune. This song will bring out the younger demographic and their parents who are familiar with the tune and they probably also love the song as well. For these reasons, this song is the perfect choice for hype song of the S67 playoffs. (160 words)

Code:
+3 tpe
My player cannot share hotel rooms. Some of the players on the team are annoying sleepers. They groan, snore and just keep their roommates up too late with their existence. My player’s agent negotiated private hotel rooms for every city they visit so that my player can get some shut eye in peace when he’s on the road. Now, he usually brings along a book or two to help him relax as the night winds down. It helps calms the high speed life down a little and lets him get some peaceful sleep. A good night’s sleep makes the world of difference for the average person, and a galaxy of difference for a professional athlete. It allows them to recover from the physical grind and come to the rink clear headed and play with the sharpness that is needed to compete at this level. One request my player makes at every hotel is for the hotel staff to leave the covers untucked so that his feet aren’t trapped under the covers all night.

16/16

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]